Does not include the specified expression as part of an aggregate function

Running Access 2003 on Windows XP

I'm starting a new structure parallel to a current database. The table
are fully linked (no local tables) and I'm trying to create a simple
query and I keep getting this message.

The current query has one table to it, the general idea is to
calculate consumption of raw materials in production.

Fields:
- Product Code (Text) // These are alphanumeric codes.
- Inventory deductions // Numeric

I'm trying to sum, min and max the deductions. My formula : "Total :
Sum([Inventory deductions]) // Low : Min([Inventory deductions]) //
High : Max([Inventory deductions])

When I try to run the query, "Does not include the specified
expression as part of an aggregate function" pops up. I never had this
issue before.

Anybody can enlighten me on what is going on?
0
Beejer

On Dec 22, 9:50=A0am, Beejer <bjoanne...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Running Access 2003 on Windows XP
>
> I'm starting a new structure parallel to a current database. The table
> are fully linked (no local tables) and I'm trying to create a simple
> query and I keep getting this message.
>
> The current query has one table to it, the general idea is to
> calculate consumption of raw materials in production.
>
> Fields:
> - Product Code (Text) // These are alphanumeric codes.
> - Inventory deductions // Numeric
>
> I'm trying to sum, min and max the deductions. My formula : "Total :
> Sum([Inventory deductions]) // Low : Min([Inventory deductions]) //
> High : Max([Inventory deductions])
>
> When I try to run the query, "Does not include the specified
> expression as part of an aggregate function" pops up. I never had this
> issue before.
>
> Anybody can enlighten me on what is going on?

I was getting so desperate when I posted this, nothing was working...
so I got up and walk to coffee machine and back... found my mistake.

Solution was pretty simple that I couldn't even see it. I removed "
Inventory deductions" for the query to concentrate on "Product code".
Grouped "Product Code" only with the Group by feature and ran the
query with only the sum expression ** not grouped** and no message.

I will push this further... and sorry for not signing earlier.

Beejer

0
Beejer
12/22/2009 3:05:02 PM
Show us the SQL.  Open the query in design view. Next go to View, SQL View
and copy and past it here.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"Beejer" wrote:

> Running Access 2003 on Windows XP
>
> I'm starting a new structure parallel to a current database. The table
> are fully linked (no local tables) and I'm trying to create a simple
> query and I keep getting this message.
>
> The current query has one table to it, the general idea is to
> calculate consumption of raw materials in production.
>
> Fields:
> - Product Code (Text) // These are alphanumeric codes.
> - Inventory deductions // Numeric
>
> I'm trying to sum, min and max the deductions. My formula : "Total :
> Sum([Inventory deductions]) // Low : Min([Inventory deductions]) //
> High : Max([Inventory deductions])
>
> When I try to run the query, "Does not include the specified
> expression as part of an aggregate function" pops up. I never had this
> issue before.
>
> Anybody can enlighten me on what is going on?
> .

Outlook Express & Norton Crashguard
Suddenly, when I try to open an atch or reply to a message Crashguard would direct termination of Outlook Express. So, I disabled Norton but now I can't open Outlook Express. I get a fault. It appears a though it is trying to execute in the the DOS mode (I'm running Win 98). Any clues as to what happened here and how to fix it. Brad Brad wrote: > Suddenly, when I try to open an atch or reply to a message > Crashguard would direct termination of Outlook Express. > So, I disabled Norton but now I can't open Outlook > Express. I get a fault. It appears a thoug...

Send and receive with Outlook Express but only receive with Outlook?
Hi, Just had a quick look at a friends computer who runs his own business, he can't send mail with Outlook. Mail leaves his PC via his ISDN router, goes around his ISP's network for 3-4 hours and then bounces back. Tried with Outlook express and it works perfectly. I've looked at both configurations and they seem to be the same... He can receive mail in Outlook, just won't send. Any ideas? Thanks Daz (replace (AT) with @ ;-)) Daz N <darren(AT)clara.co.uk> wrote: > Just had a quick look at a friends computer who runs his own > business, he can't s...

Specify Page to display on document open
Hi all in Excel there is a VBA function that you can use to specify where you want the workbook to open at each time the workbook is opened.. e.g. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets("Navigation").Select End Sub Is there a similar function I can use for a visio document? Thanks in advance. Hello k, Try this: Private Sub Document_DocumentOpened(ByVal doc As IVDocument) End Sub If you want to see the basic document events, then open the "ThisDocument" class and select the document object in the left-hand drop down in the VBE (it normally says "General") a...

Convert Function to Sub
I have the following function which is used to extract the numeric and alpha characters from a cell. Can someone help me 'convert' this to a sub, so that, for example, with whatever range the user selects, the code will look at each cell and basically remove everything that is not either alpha or numeric? Example: 45 BJ}!12T would be converted to 45BJ12T Public Function ExtractNT(TextString As String) As String Dim x As Long Dim sChar As String ExtractNT = vbNullString For x = 1 To Len(TextString) sChar = Mid(TextString, x, 1) If sCh...

calling function in another UI thread
I created another UI thread from the main thread using AfXBeginThread. I defined a new function in the new UI thread. Can I directly call this function in the main thread, or do I have to PostThreadMessage? If I can directly call the function, what kind of IPC mechanism is it? I am little confused. Thank you! class CNewUIThread : public CWinThread { ..... void MyNewFunc() { .... } ......... } a thread does not have functions, it is a sequence of instructions, usually including a loop that processes messages or does some other computation until it either finishes its work or is killed by...

Copy plain text message including sender, recipient, and subject
Is there a way to easily copy the plain text message including sender, recipient, and subject? I am looking for an easy way to copy this information so that I can paste it into a project log. Right now I am having to copy the message, then copy the sender, then copy the recipients individually, then copy the subject, etc... Certainly there's got to be a way to view the message entire message so that all of this information can be copied in one fell swoop... File-> Save As...-> select .txt as the file-format. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuri...

Outlook Express closing AOL
I have a friend who uses AOL for internet access. he has a POP3 account somewhere else (other than AOL). In order to get his email from the other account he uses Outlook Express. He signs into his AOL account and then opens Outlook Express. Within seconds of opening OE, he hears "Goodbye, Goodbye" as his AOL is shut down, apparently twice. Anyone know what's going on? He doesn't want to have to change ISP's just to be able to use OE. ...

outlook express 6 #24
I can't get e-mail to go thought out look express I get this error Unable to connect to the server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp' , Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: '', Port: 0, Secure (SSL): No, Socket Error: 12029, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I think it migh have to do something with my netgear router model rp114 ...

Outlook express inbox deleted automatically
Help! I opened my Outlook Express (6.0) last night, read my email downloaded an attachment. The I closed the window. An hour later I reopen Express and I can't view any mail. Got an error message that "memory was full". tried to delete some old mail, but everyhting gave the same message. I closed Express and re-opened think it would reset itself. Well, it did and wiped out all the mail(about 20 messages) and replaced them with the "Welcoem to Outlook Express" message. Has this happened to anyone else? ...

"Change Case" function missing?
I had to translate part lists in Excel (lower case letters). Now I was told to change them all to upper case letters. Where does Excel 2003 have this function? Right now I need to copy consecutive blocks of text into MS Word, change the case, then copy these files back into Excel... I hope that this is possible since I seem to get these kind of work continuously. Typing in upper case letters is no fun and it's hard to read. Thanks, Murgi ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!...

sum function error
Hi sorry if this is a repost. My last effort seems to not show in the list so here goes again. I have a main form and it contains a subform on the subforms footer it has a sum function to calculate the total. =Sum([SPQty]*[SPUnitPrice]) somtimes this produces an error and goes on endlessly calculating for some reason I cannot figure out. Mostly it works fine but once the error happens I have to close the program to make it work again. if I use the subform on its own and not within the main form the sum works fine every time. any help most apreciated as its so strange. IM using Vista and ac...

how to change a cell content in a visual basic function?
myfunction() is a function i called from, lets say, cell C3 as: = myfunction() in myfunction() i want to change a cells value: ...... Cells(8, 1) = 3 ( or Cells(8, 1).Value = 3 dunno which is true:) ..... myfunction= 123 ..... but i get nothing, cos this is a function but not a sub, i guess. well, how to do this? Indeed it is not possible to change worksheets from within a function. Use a SUB instead. And, before you ask, no, it is not possible to trick Excel and call a sub from the function to change a cell or anything like that. -- Kind Regar...

Outlook Express Group Email Failure
I have a few groups with many recipients. Recently I got a failure message (unknown smtp error) and I suspect one of the addresses may be no longer valid (not sure which one). Outlook Express failed to send the message to any of the recipients. Is there a way to have Outlook Express send the message to those that are valid and ignore the bad addresses? "Roy P" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005001c3d931$4001cab0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have a few groups with many recipients. Recently I got > a failure message (unknown smtp error) and I ...

Error Message R6025
I´m getting the error message (-R6025 - pure virtual function call-), and it shuts money down every time I try to import a statement downloaded from bank. It says the error is on the money.exe file. What do I do? Reinstall? In microsoft.public.money, Trevisan BR wrote: >I�m getting the error message (-R6025 - pure virtual function call-), and it >shuts money down every time I try to import a statement downloaded from bank. > >It says the error is on the money.exe file. > >What do I do? > >Reinstall? See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/240437...

Custom Functions: Order Of Execution?
I finally figured out that the reason I couldn't find the source code in a .XLA file was that .XLA's are compiled versions of .XLS'. Now I've tracked down the .XLS file, but can't figure out how to follow the coding. Check out http://tinyurl.com/3obxl I'm 99.99% sure that the entry point is the cell "ROR"...but the rest escapes me. Could somebody offer a general view of what's going on here? Not necessarily the precise logic - more the order in which things happen so I can pick it apart on my own. -- PeteCresswell ...

Outlook Express creates a File on my desktop
ok i dont know if anyone else is getting this problem but when ever i run outlook express it creates a file on my desktop named "~". it has done this since new, and ive seen it on one other computer as well. is there a way to stop this from happening?? cause deleting the file everytime is getting tiresome...if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. ty Shawn <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > ok i dont know if anyone else is getting this problem but > when ever i run outlook express it creates a file on my > desktop named "~". ...

Memory Write Error on Exiting Outlook Express
Receive new mail in OE6. View, action mail OK. On exiting OE6 get, on a frequent basis: MSIMN.EXE Application Error. the instruction at "0x77fcb3ad" feferenced memory at "0x00ca45b0" - the memory could not be "written". Take the OK option oferred and program ens OK. Obviously dependant on whats running at the time the memory referenced changes. Only get this problem in OE6. Thanks Ken Hi, Ken - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its sim...

Scheduling Parts by Date and Quantity
Hi, I am hoping to get some help with the attached file. I need to look up the information in Sheet1 (A4:C12) and post the amounts for the corresponding part numbers in the correct column by date. Please advise what formula or combination of formulas will do this. Thank you in advance, Chas Attachment filename: excel help.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=385470 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Have a look at Data>Pivot Table. It will do what you want, if I understand the problem. As it is, it appea...

Out of office is not functioning
We have Exchange2003 and Win2003 running. The client is using office2003. I just noticed that our "out of office" is not working for external email message, but works OK internally. Any idea? Thanks! It's turned off by default, else you'd be sending OOOFs to spammers. :) Turn on from Global Settings | Internet Message Formats | Default (*) | Properties | Advanced | Allow Out of Office Responses - to turn it on for the whole world. Ideally, you may want to create separate settings (containers) for specific domains (important customers, etc.?) and only turn on OOOFs f...

forecast function
Is there a way to use forecast function(x;y_known;x_known) defining x_known and y_known as two rows of values increasing from 0 until a maxvalue and then going back to 0, by stopping the forecasting in the interval 0,max? x_known =A1:Amax y_known B1:Bmax ...

Imap work on Outlook Express but NOT on Outlook 2003
Hi, I originally configure the IMap on outlook 2003 sp2. However, I would only get the inbox. Tried IMap folder and Update folder list, None additiional folder showed and I also have this message 'The connection to the server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this aciton". Then I tried on 1 other machine and came up with the same error. Tried to look for solution on the net but no joy. I finally tried to configure on Outlook Express which work fine, I have all the required folders. I still need to get it work on Outlook 2003 as this is the require...

Remove part of Mac version
In the Windows world, removing or partially installing the Office is a breeze but now that I've installed Office 2008 for my Mac, I really don't like the way Entourage works and it seems to have fouled up my various other units in terms of the sync. I removed Entourage just like every other application BUT it still seems to be partially in existance as an Entourage calendar exists in my Mobile Me settings. Can anyone clue me in how to totally remove all of the things Entourage does BUT allowing Excel, Word and Power Point to remain fully functional? Thanks On 2010-06-17 18:2...

Great Plains Part time consulting/training job opening -Silicon Va
Hello All, My company, located in the California Silicon Valley, is looking for Great Plains knowledgable people on a part time basis. There are a couple of openings. If you are a Great Plains consultant (any/all modules), email me your resume at haribhagat@hotmail.com If you are a Great Plains user with knowledge on Great Plains Manufacturing or Great Plains Project Accounting module and would like to do additional part time work, send me your resume too. The company is located in the California Silicon Valley, local people only. --HB ...

Add custom User Defined Function to Report Writer report
Is it possible to do this? I have created a UDF in SQL2005 that returns the value that I want to bring onto a report in GP10's RW. Thanks Les ok.. I think I have learnt since posting that the UDF is a dexterity UDF, not a SQL UDF that Report Writer can reference. If so, forget it.. I'll use a Crystal Report or SQL RS report. Tx Les "LesWright" wrote: > Is it possible to do this? > > I have created a UDF in SQL2005 that returns the value that I want to bring > onto a report in GP10's RW. > > Thanks > > Les You could use VBA to call y...

How do I specify x-axis data for a logarithmic line graph?
I have a 2 sets of data that I want to graph in a logarithmic line graph where the y-axis is logaritmic and the x-axis is arithmetic. I essentially have coordinates (x,y) that I want to plot, but excel automatically graphs my selected coordinates as two series' of range values, and they take the corresponding spreadsheet row number as the x-axis values. You have made a Line chart when an XY chart was needed. A very common mistake caused by the odd name "line chart" best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "kculerie" <...