Displaying Data

Hi All,

I need some urgent help with a database that i'm creating and i'm a
bit stuck.

I have 2 lists of data they are both linked. I need to create a query
where by if a certain criteria matches on the other sheet then all
record for that are displaying. For example tasks if 1 assignment has
10 tasks, i need to be able to run a query whereby all tasks are
displayed. I'm not sure that makes sense.

It does in my head. I've managed it so that it works within my form
view. But i need to set up access so that when a person clicks a
command button it then open up another form and displays the tasks in
detail.

Any help someone may give me would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Carol

0
carol

On Aug 9, 10:29 am, carol.tay...@rbos.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I need some urgent help with a database that i'm creating and i'm a
> bit stuck.
>
> I have 2 lists of data they are both linked. I need to create a query
> where by if a certain criteria matches on the other sheet then all
> record for that are displaying. For example tasks if 1 assignment has
> 10 tasks, i need to be able to run a query whereby all tasks are
> displayed. I'm not sure that makes sense.
>
> It does in my head. I've managed it so that it works within my form
> view. But i need to set up access so that when a person clicks a
> command button it then open up another form and displays the tasks in
> detail.
>
> Any help someone may give me would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Carol

Hi Carol,

I am not sure I understood this, but I will give a try.

Second form which opens by clicking command button should have Record
Source set on query which is filtered by Assignment number set in
first form, first list. The same way as your second list is filtered.

This looks fairly simple, so I doubt I have understood. Let us know do
you have 2 tables with data or there is only one table? Where are
stored assignments and tasks? Is it necessary to open second form (can
you use same form)?

Regards,
Branislav Mihaljev

0
banem2

Synchronize HQ data from SO
I curretly have 2 stores that usually receive inventory update from HQ. However during the last few weeks I had to data entry from each RMS clients (SO). Now I want to update inventory data at HQ using worksheet. But it seems not possible, although sales data show correctly. Is there any way ? -- Many Thanks In an HQ environment all new items must be entered from HQ and sent to stores. Did you create new items at store level ? You may want to create those items in HQ and send to store. Mihir Shah Diviasoft, Inc. www.diviasoft.com "cosamo" <cosamo@discussions.microsoft.c...

Entering Data to make a list?
Is there a way that when I enter something into A1 &B1 it will fill down on a List? Like if I type apples in A1 & $12 in B1 on a certain sheet it will copy Apples and $12 , then if I type Pears & $5 it will copy to the next blank cell and so on -- Thanks in advance for your help....Bob Vance .. .. .. .. Bob I'm assuming you have this list on another sheet. This little macro will do the following: When you enter something in B1 of the first sheet, it will copy A1:B1 to the bottom of the list in Columns A & B of the second sheet. It will then clear (erase) the conte...

Displaying an image
Hi, I have an asx file which plays various videos. However, I want tio show a gif image for several seconds between wmv videos. Can this be done, and if so what code should I use in the asx file? Thanks inadvance, Simon Keeling On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:44:46 -0800 (PST), Simon Keeling <simon@weatherweb.net> wrote: >Hi, > >I have an asx file which plays various videos. > >However, I want tio show a gif image for several seconds between wmv >videos. > >Can this be done, and if so what code should I use in the asx file? > Hi, I replied...

how to avoid closing dialog if data validation fails
I would like to validate data entered in a dialog when the OK button is clicked. If there are problems with the data I would like to avoid closing the dialog and keep it open. Can anyone suggest how this is done? Thanks for any suggestions. Ian If you dont want to close your dialog in OnOk, do not call the base class OnOK. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "ian" <ib252@n0spam.com> wrote in message news:F1nnb.26812$He4.1099447@wagner.videotron.net... | I would like to validate data entered in a dialog when the OK button is | clicked. If there are problem...

not enough resources to display completely starting excel 2010
I have just performed a clean install of Office 2010, having totally removed my Office 2007. I have installed the 64 bit variant, running on my (fairly new) Sony Vaio with 250 Gb ssd and 6 Gb RAM. I am running windows 7 ultimate (64 bit). Imagine my surprise that, whenever I start Excel, I get the error message: Not enough resources to display completely!!! I have not opened any workbook, nor do I have any other programs running, and I am a bit perplexed as to what could be causing this issue. Any ideas? I did also get some error messages when first starting Word but these see...

Displaying Message from event sink to Edit control in dialog box
Hai I am working on FTP Software using MFC and i have to write the ftp server request and response to tracer window. The server request and response were caught by Eventsink and i donot know how to pass this text to edit control in dialog box which is another class. Here is coding of Event Sink / EventSink.cpp : implementation file // #include "stdafx.h" #include "RoboFTPClient.h" #include "RoboFTPClientDlg.h" #include "Eventsink.h" #ifdef _DEBUG #define new DEBUG_NEW #undef THIS_FILE static char THIS_FILE[] = __FILE__; #endif extern long gnResult...

HTML Displayed in Outlook
I cannot display html script in Outlook 2002. I changed security settings to Internet which matches IE. Anyone ever had this problem with Window XP and Outlook? ...

Push data to safe senders list to Outlook possible?
Is it possible to push a safe domain list to everyone's Outlook Junk Email safe senders list from Exchange (or any other method)? We are on Exchange 2003, all clients are Outlook 2003. Thanks. On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:10:29 -0800, "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to push a safe domain list to everyone's Outlook Junk Email >safe senders list from Exchange (or any other method)? We are on Exchange >2003, all clients are Outlook 2003. >Thanks. Outlook11.adm in a GPO will allow you to set the default directory clients use...

Data Lables, series and Scatterplots
Is there any way to get excel scatterplots to recognize a third column (or row) as a series for a scatterplot? FOr example I have data as: Sequence Long Lat 1 49.12 28.05 2 49.17 28.34 3 49.5 28.48 4 49.17 28.36 I would like to plot Long(itude) as X axis and Lat(itude) as Y on scatterplot (which I can do). But I would also like to identify the sequence number fopr each point. I thought I could do that by getting the Sequence numbers to represent a series, but can't sseem to get that in a scatterplot. Is there any other chart...

Outlook 2000 display name
Trying to change the display name of an account in Outlook 2000 SP-3 Windows XP machine But I can't find the option to do it, all I keep on getting is e-mail services and nothing that says accounts even when I go through options. Any help would be appreciated Corp/Workgroup mode does not use the term account. Your Internet Mail Service is your email account. Set the name there in Properties -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Miranda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c2a01c46e89$a46fc5e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Trying to change the display n...

Sorting column data
How do I sort the data in the columns, I want to make the appear in alphabetical order? Alan I recommend Excel help. Search for: Sort a range. -- Steve "alan.holmes" <alan.holmes27@somewhere.net> wrote in message news:3S9sk.133571$Mn3.46670@newsfe30.ams2... > How do I sort the data in the columns, I want to make the appear in > alphabetical order? > > Alan > > "alan.holmes" <alan.holmes27@somewhere.net> wrote in message news:3S9sk.133571$Mn3.46670@newsfe30.ams2... > How do I sort the data in the columns, I want to make the appe...

Using SUMIF to add data between a range of dates
Hi, I am developing a cashflow spreadsheet, and need to add a range of values (in column B) based on the criteria that they are relating to a set week, ie in column B has the amount to be paid, and column C has the date the amount is due. I need to find out the total amount due between 2 dates. Does anyone know how I can do this? Hi With start date in B20 and end date in B21 try this: =SUMIF(C2:C5,">=" &B20,B2:B5)-SUMIF(C2:C5,"<="&B21,B2:B5) Regards, Per "Jaspa" <Jaspa@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen news...

Display names in Global address book do not update
I made a change to one of my users so that their display name shows as last name, first name. This change has not been applied to the global address book, but you can see the change has been made in active directory users and computers. Any idea how I update this change for the global address book? Thanks, Mike YOu need to wait for the global catalogs to refresh.....depends on your AD topology. "Mike Fefferman" <mike@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:%23v%23sxI5PFHA.3156@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I made a change to one of my users so that their display name show...

Refreshing query data via vba button
I have a wookbook which has 5 worksheets that contains sql query's that are bulling data from an access 2003 db, instead of me right clicking on each worksheet to refresh the data, is there any vba code that i can import that will enable the user to refresh the worksheet via a single button, been racking my brain, could someone help me please.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- RzaXL ThisWorkbook.RefreshAll MIke F "rzaxl" <rzaxl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A2F6E4B-5A45-4AA2-8F4E-CEA3AFE0C1F5@microsoft.com... >I have a wookbook which...

Excel 2007: Return rownumber when text data on 3 columns match exa
Using: Excel 2007 I want to document Windows Group Policy settings side by side on a single sheet. To accomplish this task I want to return the row number of the current sheet where the data of the row that has an exact match. The data I want to lookup is in three colums. Example: Column B | Column C | Column D ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Policy | Control Panel | Load a specific visual style Policy | Desktop | Do not add shares Policy | Desktop | Hide Network Location...

Outlook Web Access Does Not Display Inbox Messages When a "Loading
I have an environment with 4 exchange 2003 servers 1 frontend and 3 backend servers. I have 3 servers in one site 1 is the FE server and 2 are the BE servers, one of these servers is on another site. There is no proxy server between these servers and all of them are in the same network and there no traffic being filtered between these exchange servers. Suddenly I started seeing this message when users are oppening OWA ( Outlook Web Access Does Not Display Inbox Messages When a "Loading..." Message Is Displayed). I have checked the authentication settings and all settimngs have ...

Lookup data in the list
Hi All, I have a list as shown bellow, I want to pick up the date correcponding to the value on cell A1 and the value in B2 or B3. So it is some thing like this =Vlookup(a2,a:b[b2+1] or[b+2] {this is just a vierd example} ColumnA ColumnB ID Name 1 12082A IN-tuition 2 Ms. Gayle 3 Gayle Theresa 4 Sofiane 5 12082B tuition 6 Ms. Gayle 7 12298A Language Institute 8 Senouci Bereksi 9 AOUL 10 Bereksi Kindly Help ASAP, As I am Stuck in my assignment. Hi, Manish. The better way, of course, is to have the ID in col A, the company name in B, the individual name in C a...

Big trouble matching with data on excel!
Hi, I'm required to present some info at my work, using two excel files. This is the task: File 1, has ID numbers in column A, and column B is blank. File 2, has ID numbers in column C and column D has the date the person joined the company File 1 es a select grop of people (about 2500), whereas File 2 is the general database (about 30thou) They're asking me to match the data, in order to end up with the coresponding date they joined the company in column B on File 1 (obtained from column D on file 2), how to do it? taking in account that File 1 is outdated and ...

How to let field sales people use our data base (without ASP/Scripting) ??
We have a data base we want our field sales people people to use daily. We have all our queries and forms and reports done in Access. We do not want to have to re-do it all in ASP or some other Scripting Language. We think we need something like Citrix and Terminal Server... but they are expensive... right? What are the alternatives available to very small businesses? Thanks for any help. Mel "Mel" <MyEmailList@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1180126800.016508.53210@q69g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > We have a data base we want our field sales people people to use ...

clearing data
hi guys, i'm new to MBS great plains... i needed help in clearing all the data in the financial, sales and purchasing module (includes all transactions, vendors, customers and etc....) in great plains without deleting the set-up (includes chart of accounts and all) for the 3 modules. i would really appreciate it if you guys can give me the procudures on how to do it... -- iandale You could use File >> Maintenance >> Clear Data. Clear data from things that say "transaction" and "history". Keep away from things that say "setup" or "o...

Exporting Extender Data
Does anyone know which table holds the extender data? I tried searching customersource for some sort of extender table structure, but I couldn't find anything. I want to be able to export this data using crystal reports, but I just need to know how to connect to it. Try Techknowledge #899573 "ConnollyandCo" wrote: > Does anyone know which table holds the extender data? I tried searching > customersource for some sort of extender table structure, but I couldn't find > anything. I want to be able to export this data using crystal reports, but I > just n...

How to Extract Data from a CSV file???
I need help on how to write a VB command that will allow me to extract data from a specified column in a CSV file. I have written a command in VB to extract all data from the CSV file and paste it on an excel worksheet. This method is working fine but because the file is too big, it takes a long time for me to extract everything. I only need the data from one column so if anyone out there can help me with this, I would be extremely grateful... Cheers ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly fro...

Link variable data from one worksheet to another worksheet?
I am trying to link variable data from one worksheet (my source worksheet) to several other worksheets. For example, my source worksheet has two variables or columns: 'Team' and 'Bye Week'. The first entry under the 'team' column reads 'NE'. Let's say for this example that the first entry under the 'Bye Week' column is the number '10'. Given this, I want every entry under the 'Team' column in other worksheets that read 'NE', to read the number '10' under the 'Bye Week' column. Let's also say tha...

How do I resize a data label box in a pie chart to stop text wrapp
How do I resize a data label box in a pie chart to stop text wrapping? Excel decides how large to make these pseudo text boxes, based on the chart size, the amount of text, and the font properties. Aside from changing these, you have no control over the label sizes. You could replace the labels with textboxes, but these don't stay attached to a data point. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Eton Careers" <Eton Careers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B18C20DE-FD79...

Macro to shift all source data in a chart by one row or column?
Hello all, I have a spreadsheet which contains at least twenty years of data and twenty or thirty charts. Each year we update all of the charts to move the forecast period to the current year and the next five years. Because there is data well beyond the five year period, a dynamic range for the chart data would not work. Can anyone suggest if it is possible to write a macro which I can run on each chart to shift the source data for each series in the chart by one column or row to the right? Any suggestions would be gratefully received! Thanks in advance, Shan try this defined ...