design query grid match anywhere question

In the design query grid I want to match the letters "ABC" anywhere in
the
column 'description'. I could not get instr to work by using:
InStr(description, "ABC")) > 0

How else can I match ABC (upper and lowercase) to anywhere in my
'description' column?
Thanks!

0
Nooby

On May 24, 2:04 pm, Nooby <stwil...@writeme.com> wrote:
> In the design query grid I want to match the letters "ABC" anywhere in
> the
> column 'description'. I could not get instr to work by using:
> InStr(description, "ABC")) > 0
>
> How else can I match ABC (upper and lowercase) to anywhere in my
> 'description' column?
> Thanks!

  Like "*ABC*"  Thanks!

0
Nooby
5/24/2007 7:46:39 PM
Nooby wrote:

>On May 24, 2:04 pm, Nooby <stwil...@writeme.com> wrote:
>> In the design query grid I want to match the letters "ABC" anywhere in
>> the
>> column 'description'. I could not get instr to work by using:
>> InStr(description, "ABC")) > 0
>>
>> How else can I match ABC (upper and lowercase) to anywhere in my
>> 'description' column?
>> Thanks!
>
>  Like "*ABC*"  Thanks!

The Instr will do that, but you need to use it as a
calculated field:

Field:			InStr(description, "ABC")
Show: 		unchecked
Criteria:		>0

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

HELP! Design Review & Risk Management topics (in ASP projects) required
Hi, I have to take 2 one hour sessions on the following topics: * Project Design Review * Project Risk Management Can you please recommend any topics/examples/case studies for the same? Any help will be much appreciated. On 9/6/2010 8:12 AM, gangestech wrote: > Hi, > > I have to take 2 one hour sessions on the following topics: > > * Project Design Review > * Project Risk Management > > Can you please recommend any topics/examples/case studies for the same? > > Any help will be much appreciated. > <http://www.dofactory.com/Fra...

Question #3
Hi I have some data that I graph. Column A has a date [has data in 12 rows] Column B has a data entry (number) [has data in 1st 6 rows] Column C has a data entry (number) [has data in 1 st 6 rows] Column D has a formula that calculates a % on column B & C [formulas in 12 rows] The graph range I have covers the whole 12 rows but it seems to read the formulas in col D and plots every row Is there something I can add to my formula that stops the graph from plotting it unless there has been an answer returned in it? Formula I have is : =IF(B5+C5<1,"",(B5-C5)/B5) Thanks ...

Registry question
Hello Group, I have an application that saves some configuration data in the registry system (under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\MyApp\ConfData) of the currently logged on user. This way, every user who runs this app will have his own configuration data. When a user runs for the first time this app, the 'MyApp' registry key will be created along with all its subkeys. Now suppose we have 3 users and all of them have already used the app. We will then have the 'MyApp' subtree created for these 3 users. What I want to know is that when the PC admin wants to uninstall the app, how...

ADMT Tool Question
I'm trying to run this tool without success from a Windows 2003 native domain to extract accounts from an NT4 domain. Is this possible? Windows 2003 server Domain: Windows 2003 native mode Forest: Windows 2000 NT4 server sp6a http://www.petri.co.il/active_directory_migration_tool_usage_nt_windows_2003.htm "bobs" <myname@yourdomain.com> wrote in message news:e27m%23Km4FHA.2532@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to run this tool without success from a Windows 2003 native > domain to extract accounts from an NT4 domain. Is this possible? > > Window...

Defrag question #3
I have a windows 2000 server that's a file/print server and Exchange 2000 also installed and running on the same box. I was wondering what is the best way if I want to run defrag and scandisk on the disk drive? I guess I'm asking because exchange is running on the box and I don't know if I run defrag and scandisk will I run into problems or cause the database problems. Thanks for your help. John In article <4D7A888F-B293-400C-A77C-DC379DDF4BDF@microsoft.com>, John@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I have a windows 2000 server that's a file/print server and Ex...

2K7 question
Is there a way in E2K7 to make a particular message always send a message out in plain text format? Is that just an Outlook setting? Thanks! ...

Question about Application behaviour,...
Hi, i have a simple MFC Application, that shows me the System Memory Usage. But after a while the Applications GDI Objects Count grows to something about >8.000 GDI Objects and its Virtual Memory (not much but step by step too) in less than 5 Minutes. I can see with ProcessExplorer that the application does have a high count of page faults. I cant figure out why! The System then starts to react slowly. The Timer invokes every seconds the member function with the code following this text, sets the Position on a progress bar control and raws a transparent text on the surface of the prog...

Question about Status Reason field
I am looking into what the Status Reason field is used for in relation to the Account object. There are two default values, Active and Inactive. I want to add values so that when an Account is inactive, we can state the reason that is inactive. I can add values to the Inactive state without a problem, but then how do I choose any of the values that I defined since when an account is Inactive, I cannot edit any of the fields? I can define a default value, but that again is of no use, because I can't change it. This seems to be a bug or oversight on the part of the CRM developers. You nee...

2008 SBS questions... 07-04-10
I am trying to get a 2008 sbs running as efficiently as I can & was wondering about a couple of things. 1) I know it wants to be the DHCP server on a network, but what about for wireless clients? I have a wireless sonicwall TZ-170 for wireless laptops to connect to. They really don't need network access, just internet, so can I leave this running, as long as the addresses it hands out aren't in my same network? 2) Although the bought an SBS, the customer is not & probably won't be running exchange for a while. Can I remove exchange all together? I really see no rea...

Query emails coming to a specific domain
Hello; We have about 5 domains on our exchange server that we receive email from. We are in the process of not renewing one of our domains but would like to check to see if email from that domain is still coming through. Is there any way to do that? I tried the Message Tracking Center with the *.domain.com but it didn't like that. It wanted a specific user. Thanks Check SMTP logs as well. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <nospam@newsgroup.com> wrote in message news:...

Multi-language support question
We have an MFC application that uses ADO, ATL components to communicate with a SQL Server 2000 database. Our application is currently English only and we are making the conversion to support multiple languages. The text in the application is read in from a table so translating the text itself won't be a big deal programmatically. The text is loaded at log in and we can just autoswitch to the appropriate data based upon who the user is. My concerns are with different character sets, how the different languages impact the OS (how we set the character set in the OS automatically)...

DNS Question
Hello All, I am working with a customer that has 2 Small Biz servers in the same office. These are on 2 domains, but the same subnet. I am having trouble getting mail to route between the 2 domains. Each is Small Biz server 2003. Domain A has a public IP of 72.151.19.122 and an internal IP of 192.168.200.78. Domain B has a public IP of 72.151.19.123 and an internal IP of 192.168.200.250. We are using a Netgear firewall and inbound and outbound mail between each of these domains and the rest of the world works fine. They just can't seem to talk to each other. I would think this woul...

Question re:clustered column w/3D visual effect
I have Excel 2003 Why wont the 3D chart allow you to drag it more open? There is a large open area between the left side and the axis that looks jerky :) In a plain clustered column chart you can click inside to make the frame appear and drag it larger or smaller as you desire. In the 3D, clicking only allows you to change the angles of the 3D box. Am I missing something? thanks, Meenie This should be a hint to avoid the 3D effects. 3D charts are inflexible, but more important, the 3D effects mask the information in the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc....

Xml-Grid for editing NodeList
Hey XML-Guys, I'm playing now for a couple of days with C# and XML. In earlier threads a mentioned that I develop smaller Web-Applications. Therefore I want to edit and add new nodes to my Xml-Documents. To use a DataSet is not very handy because if the data is to complex it allowed me not to add a row. I'm looking for a XML-Grid that is able to have a XML-File as DataSource and let me filter the Data over a XPath-Expression. After filtering a want edit the resulting NodeList and also add Nodes. The Header of the Grid should show the NodeNames and the DataRows should conta...

Question about CRM and Great Plains Integration
Can I create invoice when I invoice a contract in CRM and then show the record in the Great Plains ? Thanks in advance ...

Using Excel to design business forms
I have been using excel hit and miss to design business forms. I have been pretty successful but in many places I have found myself doing many inelegant things to get stuff to layout. Is there a good place to start looking to see how this is done properly, as I have seen many well done forms produced in excel. ...

CHtmlView question #3
Is there an easy way to get the source of the HTML document? On MSDN online, there's a GetSource(CString& str) listed but that's apparently not implemented in VC++ 6.0. ...

"Virgin" ListCommands reference for Mac anywhere?

A simple mail merge question
How do you change the return address on envelops printed using mail merge? I don't understand the question. The return address will be whatever you tell it to be when you set up your merge document. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Nina" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b16b01c3ec17$335b99f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do you change the return address on envelops printed > using mail merge? ...

Question about Enable-ExchangeCertificate Command
I am trying to eliminate (more specific to my previous thread) the security alert in Outlook 2007 when opening up the program attached to Exchange 2007 with a public SSL cert and connecting to Exchange through the private address. I am seeking information about the Services column in the get (or enable)-ExchangeCertificate Command. I think I am on the right track here in that I can somehow tell Outlook to use the internally generated certificate instead of trying to use the public certificate. Can someone tell me which of the services options I should enable so that Outlook uses it i...

Data Import/ Data Map Questions
Hello, I am developing a solution that will allow various new and updated entities to be loaded from several source systems into a Microsoft Dynamics 4.0 installation on an ongoing basis. There are some up- front components to the solution that detect new/changed source system data that are custom but I wanted to be able to use the built-in Data Import facilities within 4.0 to take the data from Excel files and load it into the CRM. I've looked at the sample code in the SDK and have been able to write code that will do this, including use of Picklist and Lookup (ie parent account) type ...

Newbie questions (and maybe I need a 1hr tutorial for some $)
Hello, I am a competent vb6 programmer and understand a bit of C structures. However the C++ system is mystifying me..I simply will have to learn it to now.... I have 2 questions. 1> Can anyone tell me how code "Program 4. Microphone Select" at http://www.codeproject.com/audio/ADMixer.asp can be changed to simply self close by clicking the IDOK button routine programmatically? This is the simple effort that triggered my current angst.! (I 'think' need to set a state in BOOL CSelectDlg::OnInitDialog" to fake the IDOK event or trigger to the OnDestroy routine). Fr...

Simple Newsgroup Questions
I'm new to Newsgroups. I'm subscribed to Microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb. I've posted 2 messages but I can't get the third to post. I saw it for a few minutes, then it was crossed out and said "no longer available from the server". Also, I can't seem to get more than 300 messages displayed. I'd like to be able to download and search through thousands. I've tried increasing the number of headers to download, but when I click on 'Download Next 1000 Headers', it seems to do nothing. In the microsoft.public.outlook newsgroup, I can see over...

Check box question 04-23-07
I have a form with a check box used to indicate if a receipt is voided or not. What I'm trying to do is go to a new record after the checkbox is marked. I have the following code in place and it works. Kinda. The problem is that if I then go back and UNCHECK the check box, it sends me to a new record again. Here's the code: Private Sub Check43_AfterUpdate() If Ckeck43 = Yes Then DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Thanks for any help! End Sub The following works fine for me. If Me.Check3 = True Then DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec so try If Ckeck43 = True Then DoCmd.GoToRecor...

Front-end question
I don't understand very well, how FE server function.... Just download "Using Exchange 2000 Server and Exchange Server 2003 Front-End Servers"but i don't understand how FE and BE comunicate in a multiple server scenario! if i have more than one FE server, how i understand which BE use which FE, when a client send a determinated mail?! I hope that my question is not very generic, for a syntetic answer....thank to all "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> wrote: >I don't understand very well, how FE server function.... >Just download "Using Exchange 200...