Denormalize data into one single field (by query)

Hello everyone.

I'm getting mad with this. I want to retrieve the data from a many-to-many
relationship into a single output field.

For sample, such a query on the table :

[PK]       [FK]
PK1        FK1
PK1        FK2
PK2        FK2
PK2        FK3

should deliver

[PK]      [Wanted output]
PK1       "FK1, FK2"
PK2       "FK2, FK3"

The best would be a single string field I could concatenate from a variable
number of initial rows of the same FK field. This has to be used in a report
and I can't afford a grouping on each PK value to display all the FK's in a
column. I need to build a single field.

Thanks in advance,

Naum

hi Naum,

On 26.01.2010 16:33, Naum Jancen wrote:
> The best would be a single string field I could concatenate from a variable
> number of initial rows of the same FK field. This has to be used in a report
> and I can't afford a grouping on each PK value to display all the FK's in a
> column. I need to build a single field.
Take a look at this concatenation function:

http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0008.htm

mfG
--> stefan <--
2
Stefan
1/26/2010 3:58:13 PM
Hello Stefan,

Many thanks ! this works perfectly. You saved my life... or at least my week
:)

Cheers,

Naum

if cell is text move left one column

Queries and Charts

Pass parameter from FORM to QUERY

Field Service Calls and Invoices
We use the Service Call modules for repairs in our Stores and have a situation that I'm trying to find a workaround. We have situations where our technicians will pick-up items without prior notification to our dispatchers. All of a sudden we get an invoice and currently we have to track down the charge and then we are forcing a PO into the system from the Service Call in order to properly receive and enter the invoice. Does anyone have other ways to do this and track the information/cost on the Service Call without needing to create a PO after the fact. This is not an applicat...

Data migration - Adventure Works

Changing query execution sequence

multiple iterations of same query
Running Access 2003 on Vista. I have a query that chooses 15 records at random. This works fine. What I want to do is run the same query for approx 110 different users, each with their own randomly selected 15 records. Obviously, I want to avoid manually running the same query that many times. How can I get around this? Post your query SQL. -- Build a little, test a little. "Nathan" wrote: > Running Access 2003 on Vista. > > I have a query that chooses 15 records at random. This works fine. > > What I want to do is run the same query fo...

Bank One Download is not working

Combining Several Worksheet into one
I have over 30 excel worksheets that are: 1. Password protected 2. The sheet is also password protected 3. Each worksheet contains only one tab call "All" and this tab is in the same format and contains the same column in every sheet. 4. It's located in the same folder I need to write a macro that will open all these workbook in this folder and combine the data into one new sheet with only one tab called "All". I am able to write the code to open all the workbook but am having a difficult time figuring out how to copy only the cells with data into the new workbook...

How to show query parameters on an Excel page header or worksheet?
Is it possible to display query parameters on a page header or on a worksheet? I have a worksheet that uses a query to retrive data from an ODBC database. The Query prompts for the Start Date and End Date. I would like to be able to print the worksheet and display the Start Date and End Date the user typed in. Thank you for your assistance. ...

Memo Field Not pasting correctly in XL
I tried a search and couldn't find an answer. If there is an answer to this already please point me to it. I'm simply copying the record in Access and trying to paste it into XL. The problem that I'm having is one of the fields does not fully paste into XL. It is a memo field and has 539 characters. I'm only getting 255 when I try to paste the record in XL. I've tried copying just the contents of the cell and that worked fine. It seems as if I'm running into some sort of limitation. Does anyone know anything about this and is there a way to get around it? I checke...

Tricky ComboBox / Filter query
Here's one On Sheet1, from A1:A2931 I have dates, every day from 01.01.02 to 31.12.2009 (A1="01/01/2002", A2="02/01/2002", etc). On a Userform I have 2 ComboBoxes: 1 for month, one for year. Is it possible to use these to filter Sheet1 and leave only those dates chosen in the dropdowns (eg, December 2004 only)? TIA Alan ...

Query question 12-11-07
I have a question that I hope you all can help me with. When I run a query, the results come back with multiple lines of data for an order because of multiple critereas in another field. Here is an example of the data returned to my query: Order Status A In Process A Sent B In Process C In Process I would like to see only the data for orders that have not been shipped, and totally exclude data for orders that have been sent. In the example above, I would like my query results to show Orders B and C, but no data for A since it has al...