DataSet Question-Please Help

I need to compare the count of an amount of matches in one column to a match
of a dataset in 2 columns- An example is best:
Column 1         Column 2         Result
      2                     1                  1
      2                     1                  1
      2                     1                  1
      2                     1                  1
      3                     4                  blank
      3                     5                  blank

So in looking at column 1 and 2 if the count of column 1 equals the count of
column 1 and 2 matching then the new column equals column 2. If the count of
column 1 and the count of column 1 and 2 matching is not equal the new column
is blank.
I am willing to go a few steps to do it. Any ideas would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Nikki

--
Thanks,
Nikki

Thanks for the response.
Some how count needs to play a role. In the above examples the numbers mean
nothing. They are part numbers-I could have used A and B. What I need is to
match column 1 and 2's count. So there are four 2's and four 1's so I want
the 1 to be placed in the new column. But the other examples there are two
3's but only one four. So I need it to be blank.
--
Thanks,
Nikki

"geebee" wrote:

> hi,
>
> In your query, include any columns you want to, but you could add a column
> to the query which features an IIf statement to get the values you are
> mentioning.  Here is an example for modeling:
>
> IIf([num2]=[num3],[num2],IIf([num2]>[num3],[num3],Null)) AS newcolumn
>

> hope this helps,
> geebee
>

> "Nikki" wrote:
>
> > I need to compare the count of an amount of matches in one column to a match
> > of a dataset in 2 columns- An example is best:
> > Column 1         Column 2         Result
> >       2                     1                  1
> >       2                     1                  1
> >       2                     1                  1
> >       2                     1                  1
> >       3                     4                  blank
> >       3                     5                  blank
> >
> > So in looking at column 1 and 2 if the count of column 1 equals the count of
> > column 1 and 2 matching then the new column equals column 2. If the count of
> > column 1 and the count of column 1 and 2 matching is not equal the new column
> > is blank.
> > I am willing to go a few steps to do it. Any ideas would be appreciated!
> > Thanks,
> > Nikki
> >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> > Nikki

Outlook 2002 question #4
Hi. My Outlook 2002 used to show whether I had replied to a message and on what date in a yellow bar across the top part of the preview pane. I can't seem to find out how to get that to show again. Does anyone know how to set this option up? I have looked all around in the menus and such but cannot see where to do this. Thanks Robin Anyone know the answer to this problem? Robin "Robin" <me5@privacy.net> wrote in message news:W8qdnXfkXPysoUPeRVn-rw@comcast.com... > Hi. My Outlook 2002 used to show whether I had replied to a message and > on > what date in...

External Link-help!
Hi there, I am trying to get rid of an external link to my excel spreadsheet that I created. When I email the excel file to a coworker, the file asks to update links. But, I want to get rid of all the links so that when others open it, the message will not come up. Under the Edit menu, the Links option is not highlighted. Somehow, the external link got embedded into the file, and I need a solution to delete it out. My job is depending on this resolution! Thanks, Tina I could really use some help! Try Bill Manville's addin. It'll find those pesky ones. Findlink.zip ...

Question about moving Outlook 2003 from an old computer to a new one
Microsoft Office Assistance has the following article, which describes the details for moving Outlook 2000 to a new computer: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010549451033.aspx I was wondering what, if anything, has changed for Outlook 2003? I'm asking only becuase I can't find a similar article, and I'm going to need to do this later next week. Thanks! Larry Larry Kahm <lkahm@nospam_heliotropicsystems.com> wrote: > Microsoft Office Assistance has the following article, which > describes the details for moving Outlook 2000 to a new computer: &g...

!!HELP!! OWA ans Outlook do not synch
OK so I rebuilt my SBS 2003 server and used Exmerge to exmerge all my users mailboxes out. Successfully exmerged them back into Exchange. Had to recreate new profiles on the users workstations but all appears to be good. One slight problem. For my external users who use Citrix and log onto the Citrix server desktop they cannot use Outlook there. I do have a case open with Microsoft regarding this issue however my immediate issue to resolve is why I can log on as a user here in the office, open Outlook and all their mail is there. However when I use OWA the mailbox is incomplete. Does no...

forgot password?please help
I FORGOT MY PASSWORD ON MY MICROSOFT MONEY 2000 BUSINESS - PERSONAL I TRYED EVERY NAME AND NUMBER FOR 2 DAYS tsger@aol.com wrote: > I FORGOT MY PASSWORD ON MY MICROSOFT MONEY 2000 BUSINESS - > PERSONAL I TRYED EVERY NAME AND NUMBER FOR 2 DAYS That's got to be VERY FRUSTRATING! Not only that, but your CAPS LOCK KEY is stuck! I'm sorry for you! ...

need a bit of help.....
I have generated a form that shows money amounts. yet i want two colums that separates the dollar amount from cents. I have for example colum *H* as the dollar amount and colum *I* as the cent amounts. Now i have tried Format Cell to set it up but it doesnt work. for example i tried the custom format for the dollar amount and it rounds it. and if there's an amount of 1108.83 the cell will show 1109. so it does not show the true value amount. i also tried the same approach with the =RIGHT(H1,2) but with the left and Mid but still didnt work, because i would have to enter the same amount o...

Help! page range prob in print
Hi I worked on print.Everythings working perfectly except one problem.ie. When i set the PageRange option to 'ALL' option and press print button..instead of displaying only the pages which has information ..its displaying that all pages from 1 to 65535 r going to be printed. How do i remove this problem? thanks, vani I thing you may failed to set the maximum number of pages to print. Check CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage(nMaxPage); method regds Jibesh -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspecto...

MSP 2007 resources help
Hi all, Three questions: 1. What the constraint A<B,C means and how can I entering in the MSP? 2. I have 3 kinds of human resources. Lets say for example, kind A are engineers. I have 8 of them and everyone is costing 1500 Euros/month. Task A needs 4 engineers. How can I assign them to the task and add the appropriate cost? 3. I have 3 machines as a resource. Each machine has a usage cost of 3000 euros per task and function cost 2400 euros per month. How can I assign them in the appropriate tasks? And how can I distribute their cost? Thank you in advance -- - Hello...

_CrtDumpMemoryLeaks question
Is _CrtDumpMemoryLeaks valid for new and delete operator? When I insert this debug code, it show many CString memory leak which called by new operator But if I remove the code, no memory leak output Hooway ...

Link Help!!!
hi, How can I add or remove link from “My Work” under workplace, like Calendar or Reports...? And where the file sitelog.xml?? thnx, ...

trendline HELP!
I have a chart that i am making of PPMs for the year of 2006. I have jan-may in the data series and the rest are left blank. I am trying to get a trendline in where it will stop at whatever month I am at but update when a new month's data is entered into the box. However, I cannot figure out how to do this, when I do have a trend line it goes to like -4000. can anyone help me please? Make a dynamic chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm...

Help what kind of formula?
I've used Excel formulas in a basic way (sums, averages, divisions, and multiplication of cell data) for about a year. I came across this formula today for a project I need to complete. I've never seen the "SUMIF" or the dollar symbol, OR the ampersand! After hilighting the formula to see if I could just figure it out, I'm stumped. Any chance someone could explain what function these symbols serve Here is the formula =SUMIF($D$3:$D$28,"="&$C38,H$3:H$28) :confused: -- Emil0 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emil...

Was this post helpful to you?
Hi gang, Just curious about the Yes, No selection on the question, "Was this post helpful to you? " In a case where I posted a question and received numerous helpful responses, which collectively provided the final solution, do I select Yes for each response that was helpful, or just select Yes on the very last post when the topic has ended? Thanks Peter On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:44:01 -0700, Petermgr <Petermgr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi gang, > >Just curious about the Yes, No selection on the question, "Was this post >helpful to you? "...

Need help from fellow Admin about Mailbox sizes
I need a little help from some fellow Admins that have successfully created some policies about mailbox limits. Currently I am fighting the small company mentality in a growing company. We have about 150-200 mailboxes and I am looking for some suggestions on at what size is a good idea to start the warning messages, then stop send and then stop all traffic. I have some users that are getting to the 2GB size. What do you guys suggest? Thanks in advance. There is no standard or best practice for quota settings except that you should set a limit, even if a high one, for "Prohibi...

Query Question... 03-06-10
I have this expression to get all data before "50 underscores" Expr1: Left([Job_Operation.Note_Text],InStr(1,[Job_Operation.Note_text],"_________________________________________________",1)-2) & "" & DLookUp("[Note_Text]","Operation","[Operation]='H.T. 01'") ie: First Line "Blah" 'CR' Second Line ___________ 'CR' Third Line "Blah" The text after the underline is getting replaced by 'H.T. 01'. I seem to be getting additional Chariage Returns left behind. I h...

Default workbook not coming up help
The workbook I have made is in Excel startup folder and used to come u on launch and file, new or command new. Now only comes up on relaunch and command N, brings up a default workbook. Any ideas appreciated thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Function Help?
I need a function that will count back all previous rows for th farthest digit back in the R, S and T cells and place it in the column. The furthest digit back: each of the 3 cells being evaluated ( S and T) have single digit values which have occurred in previous R, T cells, but the value which last appeared in the earliest row is th value which the furthest back. I want the function to count how man rows since the last time that value last occurred. See sample below the N column has the correct answers: Example: .................R..S...T........N row 11:....9...0...6 row 12:....7...5.....

Newbie needs help with first scatter plot
I have a query with two fields: a date and a list of repeating words. Something like 1/1/2007 Red 1/3/2007 Green 2/9/2007 Blue 3/1/2007 Red 3/3/2007 Blue I want to create a simple scatter plot with Date on the X-axis and Color on the Y-axis (there's only seven possible values for the words, so I'd like each word on the Y-axis and a dot in the plot above each date where it occurs). When I use the Chart wizard and select Scatter Plot, the wizard is generating charts that plot *counts*, rather than showing a single dot for each time it occurs. I thought what I wanted to do was pre...

Desperately need help!!
Is it impossible to do an inventory system in excel? I've tried on numerous occasions for the past month to get a simple inventory system to work and i'm having no luck. I've gotten to the point where my only problem is having a correct record of stock available. I want to be able to see the correct number of a particular item available whenever i do stock taking. So far, what i've done is use iteration to update the stock figure and have sales deducted from that and the new figure shown in quantity avalable. The problem is 1. the iteration does not stop and its set to 1....

How do I keep the help window on top and work on my worksheet
When working on a sheet in excel, I open the help window and wish to read it whilst making a suitable entry on the page. The help window closes as soon as it loses focus. In earlier versions this did not happen. Is there a fix for it? If you are using Excel 2003, the top left corner of the help-presented window has a Tile/Untile option. Not really pretty but does enable you to read the help whilst working on the sheet. Howard Walker 635 Wrote: > When working on a sheet in excel, I open the help window and wish to > read it > whilst making a suitable entry on the page. The hel...

Publisher 2007 Trial Help
I installed the trial version of Publisher 2007 and want to uninstall it now. I have tried to remove in the "add/remove" programs section. And I have also tried a suggestion I found in an earlier post about going to the "installer" and trying to uninstall it there. Oh and I tried repairing it and then trying to uninstall it. I can't even open the program from my programs menu and I can't get into the language section to check the language. It tells me that the language isn't compatible with my version or something to that effect. Nothing has worked...

Evaluation edition question
I've been evaluating Outlook 2003 and have decided to buy it. I'd like my sys admin at work to evaluate it also because I think they may be able to use the business contacts feature at work. Can I just give him my evaluation CD or does he have to order his own? ...

Bitmap button question #2
I'm trying to create a bitmap button. Here's what I've done: 1. Added a CStatic control to my dialog. 2. Set it's ID to IDC_BMPBUTTON 3. In the classwizzard, member varialbes tab, created a member variable m_Button, of type CBitmapButton (I had to manually change this from CStatic). 4. In the OnInitDialog(), I've added: m_BitmapButton.LoadBitmaps(IDB_BITMAP1, IDB_BITMAP2, IDB_BITMAP3, IDB_BITMAP4); m_BitmapButton.SizeToContent(); m_BitmapButton.ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); When I run my dialog, the bitmap appears grey. And which ...

Lines of a cell disappear HELP!
I have a spread sheet with various columns in use. I cut and pasted a formula from a different location into all of the cells of one column. The formula calculates the correct answer however the 4 lines that make up the cell (so to speak) vanish. How do I get them back? I tried changing the size of the cell but the lines do not come back. Hard to explain without seeing so I hope its clear. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Peter -- pgruening ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pgruening's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

Exchange Server 5.5 IS Maintenance Question
Hi there, We have discovered that we need to allow the Information Store for Exchange Server 5.5 run and complete it's maintenance procedure. However, the problem is no matter how much time we give it, it still bogs down the server to the point of rendering it useless. For instance, we let it run from Friday at 7 pm to Sunday 5 pm and initiated our backup at 6 pm. When we came in Monday morning it was a total mess and the server had to be rebooted (something that cannot be afforded). My question is, there a way of segmenting the IS maintenance procedure or any other recommendations to...