Data Fields the same, but not giving any results

I have a query that I have built and in the query there are 2 tables.  I have
a "Team Leader" data field in each table.  I have made the relationship
between the 2 tables by using the "Team Leader" data field.  If I run the 2
tables seperately, it give me information.  When I run the query, it does not
give me any information.  The "Team Leader" field is a text field and it has
a name in the field.  Any idea why the relationship will not work?

Post the SQL statement of the query that you're trying to run.

--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"JLB" <JLB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a query that I have built and in the query there are 2 tables.  I
>have
> a "Team Leader" data field in each table.  I have made the relationship
> between the 2 tables by using the "Team Leader" data field.  If I run the
> 2
> tables seperately, it give me information.  When I run the query, it does
> not
> give me any information.  The "Team Leader" field is a text field and it
> has
> a name in the field.  Any idea why the relationship will not work?

0
Ken

How can I blank a cell until a ref cell has the correct data?
I am creating a worksheet. The date is entered in, lets just say A1 for the beginning of the week starting on Saturday. The results are the "mon & day" for each of the seven days for the week by ref cell A1 and using "=A1+1", "=A1+2, etc., to finish off the week. When there is no date in the ref cell (A1), the results are "1/0 1/1 1/2 1/3 1/4 1/5 1/6". How can I hide this or keep these results from appearing and only appearing when a valid date is entered into A1? Thanks for any help.... =IF($A$2>1,A$2+1,""). Puts a NULL in...

Importing null data into Excel
We have a DAT file that contains an empty column. Version 97 imported it fine, but 2003 removes the column throwing off my reports. Any ideas on how or why it's doing this? Thanks ...

3.0 Data migration framework still only one time load?
Just wondering if the new framework can do repeat data loads or is it still a one time only process (i.e. no incremental data loading after the first load). Thanks, ...

Rules Problem
I just signed up for Yahoo Plus mail and they allow you to create extra disposable accounts and also to retrieve your email with POP3. If you examine the headers of mail sent to a disposable account, the first line says (for example): X-Apparently-To: uvwxyz-abcdefgh@yahoo.com via 216.136.175.157; Sun, 08 I tried writing a rule to move mail to a folder by specifying: X-Apparently-To: uvwxyz-abcdefgh@yahoo.com should appear in the header. Also, I specified for the mail to be moved to a folder and to stop processing rules. This seems to work on maybe 5% of the emails. The r...

Change Gray field color to another color in a form
Is it possible to change the gray field color in a form to another color? This is what I would like to do. thanks! No. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Jugglertwo" <Jugglertwo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C534BF8-FCBC-4CA4-A605-EDB5C088A716@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to change the gray field color in a form to another color? > This is what I would like to do. > thanks! No. However you could turn off the form field shading and apply a shading co...

Addition results to show within same cell?
I don't know what to call what I need to do, so I'll describe the situation. If I type in 100800 in A1, how can cell display that number + 199 so that, although I typed in 100800, the cell displays: 100800 - 100999? I usu. just do separate cells and do an easily addition formula, but I'm finding that it would make life easier if I'm just dealing with one cell for each range of numbers so that I'm just dealing with column A even though there are 2 numbers. Thanks. :oD One way: Put this in your worksheet code module (right-click the worksheet tab and choose View...

parsing cell data
Here is my question: I have two cells, side by side on the same row. One has an amount in it, the other has a list of names, comma delimited. I need to transpose the names so that there is one row per name, with the amount next to it (same amount for each row). How can I start this going? Thanks much. Use data>text to columns, delimited and comma as delimiter, make sure you have as many empty column to the right as there are names, then click finish. Now copy all the cells with the parsed names, select the first cell where you want them to start and do edit>paste special and select ...

How do I convert columns of data to rows in excel?
I am trying to convert 1 column of data into a row. Is there a simple way to do this? Copy/Cut your row and rightclick the destination. Choose "Paste Special" and check the "Transpose" option. That should do it! -- -SA "Glen in Pen" wrote: > I am trying to convert 1 column of data into a row. Is there a simple way to > do this? I just tried the Cut/Paste Special... and it's not available. You can only do this using the Copy function. Weird... -- -SA "StumpedAgain" wrote: > Copy/Cut your row and rightclick the destination....

Powerpoint 2007 SP2 crashing when importing data
My user's are experiencing crashes when importing data from another program. From Word or Excel, and it may be multiple issues. No error, the program just locks up for 5-10 minutes, and then crashes. Sometimes, office-kb975021-fullfile-x86-glb.exe fixes importing from Excel. Other times, MicrosoftFixit50352.msi will fix importing from Word. Other times, nothing will fix this. From what I'm reading in some basic Google searches, this may have come up with one of the updates included with SP2. Some suggestion even call for removing SP2, either with a utility of ma...

Restoring Outlook data from system backup
It was time to clean up years of crud on the hard drive, so I decided to do a reformat and re-install. I copied eveything I might need meticulously...except I forgot to export my Outlook data to a .pst. So, short of completely starting over by restoring my entire system from the system backup and then exporting the .pst, what folders within the system backup need to be selectively restored to retrieve emails and calendar? In my case, especially calendar. Thanks, Jim Eilers jim@jreilers.org All Outlook data is stored in a PST file. There was no need to export anything. Just find and ...

Sort on a calculated field
When I run this query, I am presented with a parameter input box asking for tblGrievances.Year (unless I remove it from the ORDER BY clause). How can I sort on the calculated field and the GrievNumber field? Many thanks, Rip SELECT tblGrievances.*, DatePart("yyyy", tblGrievances.Yr) AS Year FROM tblGrievances ORDER BY tblGrievances.Year, tblGrievances.GrievNumber SELECT tblGrievances.* , Year(tblGrievances.Yr) AS [Year] FROM tblGrievances ORDER BY Year(tblGrievances.Yr), tblGrievances.GrievNumber Year is a bad name for a column. Year is a function that ret...

choice from a drop down list returns a result to a different cell
in the drop-down box when you make a selection such as "repair" "customer service" or "rental" I want it to return contact info that would be different for each possible choice but to display in the adjacent cell. Seems that that this should be easier than it is turning out to be. Any suggestions??? Use a lookup formula in the cell with contact information, so it looks up the appropriate value from a table based on the selection in the dropdown. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - ...

Referencing Data Filter to a cell value
i am having continuing problems with the following: I have a spreadsheet which lists project status. One of the columns shows the installation subcontractor. I want to have a drop down box where you select the contractor, and once selected, the list automatically (or by use of a macro button) filters to that selected. I have put the drop down box in, then created a vlookup to convert each contractor to a number, and placed a hidden column with this info. Where i am stuck is how i get the data filter to look at my link cell from the drop down box. Any help is appreciated Richard R...

Varbinary(Max) Data compression
I need to compress hudge files (PDF + TIFF) stored in a varbinary field. I found in BOL that :" Because of their size, large-value data types are sometimes stored separately from the normal row data on special purpose pages. Data compression is not available for the data that is stored separately." How do I compress those fields? Gal (Gal@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > I need to compress hudge files (PDF + TIFF) stored in a varbinary field. I > found in BOL that :" Because of their size, large-value data types are > sometimes stored separately f...

xml transforms to rearrange worksheet data?
xl2010 Anyone here familiar with using xml transforms to massage xl data? I have an inherited spreadsheet I'd like to use a pivot table on, but it is not organized as a list, or table. Seems like I've read that xml transforms can be used to manipulate how data is presented; I'm wondering if I can use a transform to create a new worksheet with the data re-arranged into proper rows and columns. I've no idea even where to start looking for information --- anyone have some links or pointers for me? TIA! -- Clif McIrvin (clare reads his mail with moe, nomail feeds the bit...

Deleting data entries but not formats
Hi newsgroup, I have some trouble with excel... and with a document which I use for serial mails via Mail Merge. Now I need to clean all old data entries and prepare it for the next use. But if I simply delete the entries or do it via Clear-Entries then I have problems because conditional formatting will also be deleted and furthermore the mail merge cant work anymore because some fields are not found anymore. Does someone know how I can only delete the data entries, nothing else? The Mail merge runs via SQL and I'm not quite good in it... Thanks a lot in advance and a nice weeken...

Put excel data on a US map
I have sales force data(ie, salesman, customer, customer location, 09 sales, 10 sales, etc) and I would like to have the data display on a us map. Something that would make smaller or larger balls based on sales dollars, with the salespersons name and customer name, and have the ball show up where the customer is in the US. Is there software like this? maybe this http://www.mapping-tools.com/mappoint2010/ -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "JJBear" <JJBear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:755C0D96-C4AC-4231-B9BC-7D32F01AF573@microsoft...

bar charts don't udate when data is changed-why?
I inherited a spreadsheet with data on sheet 1 and an Excel-generated bar chart on sheet 2. The table is NOT a pivot table. When I change data in the table, the bar chart never updates. I am relatively new to Excel. What am I missing? Hi, The updated data is probably outside the old data range. You can check that by temporarily replacing one of the entries that is being plotted correctly. If that's the problem you need to extend the plot ranges. There are other possibilities. cheers, Shane "JustSomeGuy" wrote: > I inherited a spreadsheet with data on sheet 1 a...

Query calculated field question
hello I have a query with fields ID, Level, a1, a2, a3, a4,......... a40. The fields a1 to a40 will either be blank or will have an integer value from 1 to 5. I'd like to add a calculated field, called Score, that will give me the sum of these 40 columns divided by (5 times the number of fields that have values). How should I write this calculated field. b) The 40 fields mentioned above have textboxes on a form. Is it generally better to just do the above calculation for Score on the form, or get the calculated value of Score from the query? Victoria, can I suggest you t...

Sending mail through Exchange smtp Virtual server results in blank
Hi, I have problem in my exchange 2003 server on windows 2000 domain. When sending text messages, the users receives as a blank, nothing in the body. I even tried to delete and create new smtp connector but still the same problem. Now there is no SMTP connector and the message is going through the default SMTP virtual server. Even the smart host setting didnot help Internal mails are working fine. The problem is only when sending it externally. Even For the incoming mails from the internet, it also has a problem. It receives the mail but doesn't shows into the mailboxes. I am usi...

X axis collapsing to date on hourly data
Hello, I have a spreadsheet I am trying to chart that has values by date and time, IE Date-Time, Value 9/17/07 20:00, 1 9/17/07 21:00, 2 9/17/07 22:00, 4 9/17/07 23:00, 1 9/18/07 00:00, 2 9/18/07 01:00, 1 9/18/07 02:00, 0 When I highlight all of the above and select "Insert Chart" and choose line chart, it creates the chart as if it had the following information: Date-Time, Value 9/17/07, 8 9/18/07, 3 It also looks more like a bar chart then a line chart. Anyone have an idea on why this would happen and how to fix it? -Jason I am mistaken, it is collapsing into all 24 series...

How can I save a data file in Access?
I have to format and reinstall XP and other programs in my Aunt's computer and she has an address list saved in Access and I haven't worked with that program. How can I save that list and put it back where it was after I reinstall the OS? Tahnks...... JCW "JCW" <jcw@nowhere.net> wrote in message news:eROEitBiHHA.596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I have to format and reinstall XP and other programs in my Aunt's computer > and she has an address list saved in Access and I haven't worked with that > program. How can I save that list and put it back whe...

Extender-Create a new data entry window
Is it possible to create a new extender form or window (not sure of the terminology) to enter data into Dynamics? Specifically the Sales Forecast Window in Manufacturing is terrible for entering data, everytime you move to the right, it the scrolling window jumps back to the top and you have to find the item again. Anyway, I would like a new window to enter a sales forecast, is this possible? thanks -- Doug Unfortunately Extender data is stored in Extender tables and cannot be stored in the Sales Forecast tables. I agree with you that the data entry screen is horrible. I am tal...

In Access 2007, how do I get a chart to reflect table data?
Am not sure how to get charts to reflect table data. It appears that you can create charts in forms and reports, and there's a chart wizard in which I select a table and fields, but the resulting chart does not have table data in it. Any suggestions? ...

deleting a fields content
I have a situation in which a user will need to delete only the content of one field for a record. For each record in the table there is a column (field) called IsChildOf. On the webpage there will be a button that will delete only the content (a number) of the field IsChildOf for the record. So, if record ID 449945 has 25 in the IsChildOf and the person uses the delete button, the 25 is deleted. How is the DELETE statement constructed for something like that (I'm a noob to sql)? Thanks. John John > On the webpage there will be a button that will > delete onl...