Counting Frequencies of an occurrence

After a join, database has numerous occurrences of a number. I would
like to count the number of occurrences of each number in a frequency
table and if there were no matching numbers, ie a field is null (how
many times does that occur.)
Thank you

0
bccdaniel

SELECT YourField, Count(*) as FreqCount
FROM YourTable
GROUP BY YourField

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007

<bccdaniel@gmail.com> wrote in message
> After a join, database has numerous occurrences of a number. I would
> like to count the number of occurrences of each number in a frequency
> table and if there were no matching numbers, ie a field is null (how
> many times does that occur.)
> Thank you

0
John

Count If value
Trying to find a way to use a countif value that pulls back specific count for certain values in a column. Using countif because the cell contains a computed value that returns a value of 1 So if: Col A Col B Dem 1 Dem 1 Dem 1 FRE 1 FRE 1 FRE 1 The countif value would show for Dem 3 and Fre 3 If column B *always* has a value of 1 then all you need to do is count the instances in column A: =COUNTIF(A:A,"Dem") =COUNTIF(A:A,"Fre") =COUNTIF(A2:A100,"Dem") =C...

counting the number of equal rows
hi there, my problem is the following: i have a worksheet with about 8000 rows and 200 columns. i have to find out the row (that has 200 fields) which exists the most within the 8000. so i thought excel ought to take the first row e.g. and compare it to the second, the third and so on. after comparing the row with the last one there should be a counter saying that my "sample-row" is there xx times. then it should take the second row, compare it to the rest and so forth. is it possible to tell excel to do as described? plz excuse my really bad english, it's been a while... ;) ...

counting cells #4
What fromula do I use if I want a cell to count how many times a number (time) occurs in a range of cells. e.g. cells a1 a2 a3 a4 a5 0700-1600 0700-1200 1200-1600 0800-1100 1100-1500 If I wanted the formula to look for how many times 0700 and 0800 occured, the answer would be 3. Thanks in advance Jason This counts the 0700: =SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT(A1:A5,4)="0700")) This counts 00700 and 0800 =SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT(A1:A5,4)={"0700","0800"})) best wishes -- ...

count only R
Hi, can someone please tell me the formula to count only r in a column The column contains many other things but I need a ruuning count if th cell contains only the letter r. Many thanks for any help Regards Davi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi David try =COUNTIF(A1:A1000,"r") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "p3project >" <<p3project.14ae6e@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:p3project.14ae6e@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi, can someone please tell me the formula to count only r in a column. > The column c...

Count values in Cells Accross
I want to calculate the values in cell A1 across. Eg. Cell A1 has a value of 36. I want to calculate the values across in the 36 non blank cells located in the same worksheet. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Shari wrote: > I want to calculate the values in cell A1 across. > > Eg. Cell A1 has a value of 36. I want to calculate the values across > in the 36 non blank cells located in the same worksheet. > > Any help appreciated. > Thanks in advance ...

vote counting
OK...here's the problem. We're having elections soon at our local, and I want to make a couter that I can use to tally the votes. There's at least 2 candidates for each office (president, v-p, sec-treas, trustees and business agent - with the exception of recording secretary, who's running unopposed) and several of these people are on different slates. What I'd like to do is make a spreadsheet that allows me to click on a command button or check box - or whatever - for each candidate, and also do the same for each slate (which would add a vote to each candidate on t...

Unique count
Hi everyone, I have a unique count question. Patient Day Test 120 7 pass 134 7 pass 120 7 fail 120 90 pass 120 90 fail 119 90 pass Using the above table I wish to count patient # 120 only once when he failed a clinical test on different days. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Gilles Chip has lots of useful stuff for finding/counting unique items: www.cpearson.com Bernard "Gilles Desjardins" <gilles.desjardins3@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:eMehb.122...

Reset Sheet Count
Hopefully just a quick question, I have some code that gets run everyday and it inserts sheets in a workbook and renames each sheet to specific value. The next day the same code gets run and it deletes the worksheets that i added the previous day and adds some new worksheets, again changing the name of the sheets to a specific value and so on and so forth each day of the week. This works fine, however when the code inserts the new worksheet I have noticed that the default name that excel gives the sheet(before i rename it) is getting higher and higher. When i insert a new sheet now the defaul...

counting rows
I have 100 rows in a column A which are numbered 1 -100 in numical order. After I filter a particular item in column B which results in 20 rows (and these 20 item were scattered throughout the column), I would like column A to show 1 - 20 in numerical order. Try this... Assume the data in column B is in the range B2:B1010 with B1 being the header. Enter this formula in A2 and copy down to A101: =SUBTOTAL(3,B$2:B2) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Darryl" <Darryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89190AE3-6D26-4F2C-9C2D-51EB5312CB1D@mi...

GL Account for Inventory stock count variance
We processed the stock count, & posted the Variance transaction it created in Inventory/Tranx/Transaction Entry. We would like to know if we can change the positive count to go into the inventory offset account but still have the negative count go to the inventory variance account? Microsoft said no, but I'm just wondering if someone has a work around? Kelly, You could create a trigger on IV10001 to perform such operation, make it reads the account from one of the item card accounts. -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79...

Please Help: Querying same field several times for a count in QBE
Hi. I am having no success with a task that I have been given in work. The .csv that is required contains 20 fields and for the most part these fields can be added to the query by double clicking. Where I am completely baffled though is there will be 5 columns within the .csv that are analysis of a field. It's not just a simple double click and add this field to the query. The field in question contains numbers from 0-26. Is it possible to do this.. I want to see results for 0-4 here in column blah, results for 5-7 in the next column , 8-10 here, 11-12 here etc etc.. I have tried add...

count all the columns in a range with certain conditions
I need to count all the columns in a range with these conditions: i they contain entries; and are the entries only 'n' values. 'y'= goal met 'n'=goal not met .........................................john......sues......mary.....jack improved attendance..............y............n.....................n increased time i class............y............y.....................n grade/cours completion.......................n........................ I want the formula to come back as =1 because only jack has thes goals, and he did not achieve these goals. In order to char...

Unique text count with multiple criteria?
This formula is working but what it's doing right now is giving me a total unique count of names PER QUEUE. Sometimes agents work in two or more queues per day, so what I need it to do is give me a total unique number of names even if the same name shows up under multiple queues. Make sense? If so, does someone know how to make the formula do that? =SUMPRODUCT(((Queue_User_Routing.csv!$C$2:$C$2000="Appeal")+(Queue_User_Routing.csv!$C$2:$C$2000="Duplicate Resolution")+(Queue_User_Routing.csv!$C$2:$C$2000="Manual Determination")+(Queue_User_Routing.csv!$C$2:$...

Item LAST COUNTED
We're running HQ 1.3 ... and we regularly do Cycle Counting. Can anyone tell me WHY the ITEM LAST COUNTED field in the ItemDynamic table for the items is not being updated with the date of the completed (committed) cycle count? Am I missing the boat on this or is the date stored some place else?? ...

Counting consecutive cells
I have a spreadsheet of hours worked per day, for employees. I need to have an easy way (a function would be great), that can tell me if any worker has worked more than 6 days in a row. If an employee only works Mon - Fri, them there would be a value of 0. If an employee worked 5 days, Sat and Sun, and then another 5 days, the function would return 12 (the count of consecutive days worked, greater than 6 consecutive days). The reason for this is to keep a check on worker fatigue, and compliance with maximum working hours. Thanks for any help OM hi, can you describe or show the data dispositi...

Counting grades in questionaire
My problem: I have the survey data in an excel sheet, one respondent per row an one question per column. What i would like to do is show the number of grades per question (1-5 based on several criteria (the first 6 questions) for publishing on company intranet. Could use a pivottable with reformatting of the data but the number o row would be extremely large (have 25000 respondents and 70 questions) Have tried using productsum, works but to slow for interactivity. Would be very grateful for tips of how to do this. Thinking of creating separate pivot tables for each question but tha would...

Count formula #3
Good morning!! I was wondering if there's a formula that could calculate this, example: Cell A1 = 16 A2 = 16 A3 = 32 A4 = 32 A5 = 50 A6 = 50 I would like a formula that counts only 16, 32 and 50 once, the answer would be 3. Thanks Joyce =SUM(1/COUNTIF(A1:A6,A1:A6)) array entered (Ctrl-Shift-Enter) Jerry Joyce Oakes wrote: > Good morning!! > > I was wondering if there's a formula that could calculate > this, example: > > Cell > A1 = 16 > A2 = 16 > A3 = 32 > A4 = 32 > A5 = 50 > A6 = 50 > > I would like a formula that counts only 16...

Add remark for count of listed value
I made a report with 6 subreports on it to show the total count of the variable values of 6 fields in a table. It's briefly illustrated as follows: Total No. of participant: 50 (Records in the table) Occupation Category: ( a Field in the table) Education 15 Medical 23 Business 12 Registration: ( a Field in the table) Email 18 Phone 12 Other 20 My boss wanted me to include a remark next to the count for the listed value of ea...

Case Sensitive Counting & Filtering
I have a huge database in wich some fields are strings. I need to count records based - amongst others - on the two last characters of a field. However, I must differentiate between az, aZ, AZ etc. The COUNTIF does not allow for that (Right?). I can circumvent the COUNTIF through using SUMPRODUCT, e.g. SUMPRODUCT((ISNUMBER(FIND("aZ",RIGHT(Field1,2)))*(Field2=condition))) I have the impression that Excel becomes very slow by using this. So far for the COUNT; but I would liek as well to filter specific records on the database with e.g. the Advanced Filter, how do I en...

counting
hello i have cells from A1:A3 and A6:A10 which contain text strings. now what should be the formula if i want to count these cells ? (answer should be 8) what should also be the formula change if the cells would contain numbers ? Hmm, Is this homework, we don't normally do that here we point people in the right direction. Look in Excel help for COUNTA COUNT and you should be able to work it out. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the que...

Inventory Count/Multiple Sites
One of our customers are taking their physical inventory by making an entry to bring all quantities down/up to zero. They are then going to enter all quantities from the count into one site. They then need to remove all sites except the one that they are going to be entering the quantities into (there are over 2000 sites). My initial thought is to bring all quantities to zero, post to inventory (delete when it gets to GL), run a delete statement on the site master in SQL Server, and then add our one site back. I realize that if they have open sales orders/purchase orders they will nee...

how do I count cells with only red font?
I only want to count the cells with red text, and I have tried everything and can't figure it out. See http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm In article <83D38511-286F-4EA7-B599-2C47D56C04D8@microsoft.com>, "wayne" <wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I only want to count the cells with red text, and I have tried everything and > can't figure it out. ...

count values in range based on value in same row
To save time adding additional copies of the data to the individual spreadsheet is there a way of combining this formula ? =IF($e3="Male",Q3,"") for example I have used this 'Master Sheet'!E3="Male", but I realise that as the row changes this reference would not change. Does anyone know how I could amend / replace this formula to give the required result =IF('Master Sheet'!E3="Male",COUNTIF('Master Sheet'!Y3:Y203,">=31")) -- Mick Bonser - newbold Add a defined name (Insert>Name>Define...

count
Hello, I try to use: (H2312:H2323=H2322)*(D2307:D2322=4) =SUM(IF(AND(H2312:H2323=H2322;D2307:D2322=4);1;0)) and more combinations for example with sumproduct (of course I try to hit CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER combination), but it doesn't work (I only get error or 0 which is incorrect value). I have two columns - one with time (for example: 2010-09-01) and second with number. I want to count cells using two criterias. Unfortunately I can't create pivot table (workbook is shared) to solve my problem, so please help me. Try: =sumproduct(--(H2312:H2323=H2322),--(D2307:D2322=4)) Adjust the ...

Count number of shaded cells
I have a number of colour cells in column A. For example: I may have two yellow cells, 3 red cells and 4 blue cells. I would like a formula that can count the number of either the yellow, red or blue cells in a particular column. I would then like to expand this to counting the number of certain colour cell (example ... yellow cells) in a number of columns. i.e columns A to F. Thank you in advance. Hi not possible with formulas alone. This requires VBA. See: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html and http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankf...