Combining two tables and separating duplicates - 17530

Hello,

I have two different mailing lists, one from company A and one from
company B. To prevent company A & B from sending duplicate
invitations, I would like to combine the two lists in Access using e-
mail addresses as a unique identifier. How do I query to find and
separate the duplicates into a separate table. The desired end result
would be one final mailing list (the duplicates identified and Company
A's mailing information kept) and one list with all the duplicate
contacts?

Thanks in advance!

0
susanohkwon

Combine Two Arrays Into One. Tough.
I have a function that alphabetizes an array of text: =INDEX($A$1:$A$10,MATCH(ROW(A1),COUNTIF($A$1:$A$10,"<="&$A$1:$A$10),)) CSE-entered I also have a function that eliminates dupes: =IF(ISERR(SMALL(IF(MATCH($A$10:$A$16,$A$10:$A$16,0)=ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROWS($A$10:$A$16))),MATCH($A$10:$A$16,$A$10:$A$16,0)),ROWS($10:10))),"",INDEX($A$10:$A$16,SMALL(IF(MATCH($A$10:$A$16,$A$10:$A$16,0)=ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROWS($A$10:$A$16))),MATCH($A$10:$A$16,$A$10:$A$16,0)),ROWS($10:10)))) CSE-entered Now, I’m wondering if I can combine the two. ...

Two sheets merged to one changing colour? #2
Anyone at all -- EARTHWALKE ----------------------------------------------------------------------- EARTHWALKER's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=493 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27387 ...

need chart that displays overlap/duplication between two entities
I'm trying to show the audience overlap/duplication between web site A and web sites b through F. THe amount is small ranging from .02% to .18% so the scale is difficult. Any ideas? You can manually change scales on any charts. Click on either the X-axis or Y axis and the axis will be hightlighted. then click again to open the properties. You can change tthe min value and max value to get more precies details on the charts. "Bsacco" wrote: > I'm trying to show the audience overlap/duplication between web site A and > web sites b through F. > > THe ...

Check for duplicates with 2 fields
Hi, I have a form that gets its data from a table with 3 fields: Key (auto number), Item (text), and Detail (text). When I add a new record I want to test for a duplicate records based on both the Item and Detail fields. If there is a duplicate record I want to display my own error message and undo the entry. How is the best way to do this? Also, the Detail field can be a blank. Thanks, -- Phil One way is to add a unique index on those fields & use Form Error to trap & replace the default error msg (probably the best) Or you can use the Forms Before Update even Private Su...

how to write to database tables in Excel 2004
I need to write to a database using Excel 2004 (Mac, OS X, 10.4). What are my options? Hi Jolly, See: http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?t=envbadac --- Regards, Norman "jolly" <jolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E505ACD5-8FB9-4065-986F-5C8483107FE7@microsoft.com... >I need to write to a database using Excel 2004 (Mac, OS X, 10.4). What are > my options? "Norman Jones" wrote: > See: > > http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?t=envbadac Are you suggesting that I can use adodb in Excel 2004? Near as ...

Eliminate Duplicate Entries in Order to Create Labels Using Mail M
Using Excel 2003 I have a spreadsheet that has several hundred rows and 5 columns. I want to do a mail merge and create labels with the records. The problem I’m having is that there are many rows of data that are duplicates. FYI - If there is a duplicate entry, all of the columns will be the same data, not just one column. First I went to Data > Filter > Advanced Filter > Filter the List, in-place > Unique Records Only. It then hid the rows with the duplicate data. When I do a mail merge to create some labels, it includes my duplicate records (hidden rows) and I d...

Please help me set up two outlook accounts. I am having problems.
You dont give much info; Use the mail applet in the control panel to add the account info and test "marriedouglas" <marriedouglas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75544C81-1CFB-492B-857A-58233150FAD5@microsoft.com... > ...

Receiving duplicate e-mails
Hi I now this is not new - but its a pain, i receive duplicates of all e-mails with the timestap difference of about two minutes. my duplicate remover is not able to pick this up & remove them and i would at least try and stop it. regards gabriel ...

Creating Report on two tables that are linked
Hi, I am a novice access user who is looking at someone else's application. They have a Post Table and a Comments table. There is an id field in the Post table that links to a Post_Id field in the comments table. When I open the Post table, there is a blank field on the far left that has a plus or minus sign. If I click on the plus sign, it appears to open values from the Comments based on these two fields. In the Post table there is a Body field that has information that people have typed in. In the Comments table is also a Body field that has information. This access databa...

How do I keep Outlook 2003 synchornized on two computers?
I would like to keep all e-mail, contact, settings, etc. synchornized on two computers. How do I keep Outlook 2003 synchornized on two computers? http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm should get you started. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding not answer: Mark <justaskmark@hotmail.com> asked: | I would like to keep all e-mail, contact, settings, etc. synchornized | on two computers. | | How do I keep Outlook 2003 synchornized on two computers? ...

Access 2000 Link to SQL Server db tables
I have a Access 2000 database that has approximately 100 tables. I would like to link the Access tables to SQL Server database tables to give better access to the report and forms in Access. Please let me know the best way to link Access tables to SQL Server database tables. Thanks, On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:36:03 -0800, Joe K. <Joe K.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I have a Access 2000 database that has approximately 100 tables. I would >like to link the Access tables to SQL Server database tables to give better >access to the report and forms in Access. Plea...

Combinations
Hello people! What i have is something like this: Column A Column B Column C 1 b1 c1 2 b2 c2 3 b3 c3 4 b4 c4 5 b5 c5 where bi, ci (i=1...5) are numbers. Now, what i'd like to do: I'd like to have two new columns where Column D Column E i-j ai*bj for all i,j The first rows would be like Column C Column D 1-1 ...

Pivot Table
Hi guys I've made a massive pivot table.. however i want all rows which is 0 in one column to be hidden. Is there a setting for this, or do I have to make a macro to go and hide all rows which has 0 in a certain column ? Thansk -- Ctech ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ctech's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27745 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=538405 First enter this small macro: Sub Macro1() Dim r As Range For Each r In Selection If r.Value = 0 Then ...

Web service on two tables
Please could anyone show me how to create a web service which accesses and updates information in two tables. I have seen examples in MSDN based on one table but these fail when using the DataAdapter Config Wizard tries to join two tables. Many thanks Gary, In my opinion will this always fail, it is not depending on the webservice. I searched for some messages, this one (and the thread) looked for me one who gives an idea, http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet/msg/498476857ca1c062 I hope this helps cor Why don't you create sql state...

Usage (scope) of ALTER TABLE in sproc
hi @ll, I have a question about the usage of ALTER TABLE in a stored procedure (SQL Server 2005): First concurrent query, started first, should be later encapsulated in a stored procedure: BEGIN TRANSACTION [Test] ; ALTER TABLE [myTable] NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL ; -- Function from BOL, WAITFOR DELAY wrapper. EXEC TimeDelay_hh_mm_ss '00:00:10'; ALTER TABLE [myTable] CHECK CONSTRAINT ALL ; COMMIT TRANSACTION [Test] ; Second concurrent query: INSERT INTO [myTable] ( [Id], [Abbreviation], [Name] ...

Duplicate flag 2010
If I put a flag for reminder on an email in my inbox. It puts 2 reminders on right hand pane. If I remove 1 of them it removes both of them and on email? Try starting Outlook with the /resettodobar switch. See if this helps - http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/tsol.html#cls -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Separating Address Details
I have received data in the following format , which contains thousands of lines of data grouped together in the one column:(see sample data below) PO Box 9 PORT NOARLUNGA PO Box 519 MCLAREN VALE 62 High Street BURNSIDE 2 Sturt Valley Road STIRLING Main Road PORT PIRIE 1 South Terrace ADELAIDE I wish to keep all of the street address data (appears in lower case) but delete the suburb data (appears in CAPS). eg. using the sample data above, the data required is: PO Box 9 PO Box 519 62 High Street 2 Sturt Valley Road Main Road 1 South Terrace Any help would be greatly appreciated. Kind regar...

Copying an Excel 2002 Table into Word 2002
Are there any problems when copying an Excel 2002 table into Word 2002 document? Do you suggest to copy the Excel 2002 table as an object into Word 2002? When running both applications in XP environment. Please advise me. Copying an Excel object means that you can edit it directly from Word (The menus change to Excel). One possible problem is that a user may decide to delete the Excel file and so you loose the connection. Always keep a backup. You can Insert a sheet directly in to Word. Insert, Object, msExcelWorksheet. If you do not need to edit the file again use PasteSpecial ...

importing *.csv data into two columns
I have a data file that is delimited as comma separated values: escentially one long row of comma separated values. I need to import this long string into two columns: read two comma separated fields and start entering data into a new row and repeat. There are no empty cells as column 1 always has a matching value in column 2 for that particular row. I would appreciate any help. Thank you. Brian brian wrote: > I have a data file that is delimited as comma separated > values: ... I need to import this long string into two > columns: ... This looks like a job for Excel's ...

Getting Color Separations Right
Publisher 2002/Win XP Home SP1 I'm sure these basic questions/problems, but I'm stuck with my limited knowledge of color separations. My printer called me yesterday to pick up my 24-page newsletter, because when she prints the color separations (Pantone Blue 2757C) and CMYK black, some things that are supposed to be blue either don't show up or show up black, even though I thought I was careful in defining it all the same. I tried saving my front page logo graphic in various different formats, to no avail. I go through and see no difference in the definitions of the blue things...

Pivot Table Error
Thanks in advance. I create PivotTables where one of the datafields is a Calced Field. Sometimes the resulting calced field return #DIV/0! because of this the resulting tables in the PivotTable display #DIV/0! also instead of the totals. Any way around this problem? Fix your source data to remove the #DIV/0. =if(A1 = 0, "", B1/A1) divide by zero yeilds an indeterminate mathematical result. As such XL will not use it in any calculations as the result of those calcualtions will also be indeterminate... -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "RussellT" wro...

# NEW CHALLENGE: HOW TO PRODUCE COMBINATIONS OF DIFFERENT RANDOM NUMBERS AND DO NOT FULLY single repeatable in Excel 2003?
# NEW CHALLENGE: HOW TO PRODUCE combinations of different random numbers AND DO NOT FULLY single repeatable in Excel 2003? Well I found a function that produces random numbers different each other. The only problem is that since they need to apply function repeatedly through a cycle of VBA macro (DO. ... LOOP) it (a function that returns random numbers different from each other) combinations can produce duplicate (eg 1,2,3,4,5) (, (7, 10, 11, 4), [1.2.3.4.5) ...<-- COMBINATION DUPLICATE!) And I would like to know how to do that is avoid this and produze randomly all the different possible ...

Referencing Data in a Pivot Table
I have created a pivot table which shows me total money spent in various accounting categories. I want to reference the sums this creates to subtract them from a total budget to give me a remaining total. Unfortunately, as the pivot table is updated, cell references change. This means that the total I used as say total spent on fuel may become total spent on salary. Can anyone help? You can use the GETPIVOTDATA function to extract data. Look in Excel's help for information and examples for your version of Excel. Brian wrote: > I have created a pivot table which shows me total mon...

Table Locking Problems
Greetings, I use the following code to create a relationship between table A and table B: Set rel = db.CreateRelation("A_B") rel.Table = "A" rel.ForeignTable = "B" Set fld = rel.CreateField("AID") fld.ForeignName = "BID" rel.Fields.Append fld db.Relations.Append rel This code works as expected, but a few lines later I call DLookup() on table 'B' and I get the following error: "Run-time error '3008': The table 'B' is already opened exclusively by another user, or it is already open through the...

Error When Merging Two Records
Greetings! When trying to merge the contents of two records, our users get an error: "An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator" Which is followed by an IE Script Error: "'crmMergeForm' is undefined" At first I thought it was a permissions issue, however every one of our security roles has full rights on Merge in the Miscellaneous Privileges section. This error even affects those with administrative rights. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Herb I am also having this problem! Please help! ...