CAN I FILTER A QUERY AND THEN RUN A REPORT ON THE FILTERED RESULTS

I have been using Access2007. I have a list of queries that I would like to
be able to filter, and then get a report based on the filter.

When I manually highlight a given field in a table and hit the filter
button, it shows all of the options to filter by, and lets me check mark the
ones I want included and then reflects the changes. I would like to have
something similar (with check boxes) but built into a form of some sort for a
more personalized look and feel.

Right now, I have to recreate a report every time I want to filter something
and it's just a pain!

Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!
Bryan

I have a sample database that shows how you can set up a form to allow you
to filter any/all of various fields for a report:
http://www.cadellsoftware.org/SampleDBs.htm#FilterForm

This should give you some ideas.
--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"Bryan" <Bryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been using Access2007. I have a list of queries that I would like to
> be able to filter, and then get a report based on the filter.
>
> When I manually highlight a given field in a table and hit the filter
> button, it shows all of the options to filter by, and lets me check mark
> the
> ones I want included and then reflects the changes. I would like to have
> something similar (with check boxes) but built into a form of some sort
> for a
> more personalized look and feel.
>
> Right now, I have to recreate a report every time I want to filter
> something
> and it's just a pain!
>
> Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions?
>
> Thanks!
> Bryan

0
Ken

Connection Filtering
Having now set up connection filtering in Exchange 2003 to check against DNS block lists, is there a log which will tell me any info about the messages being rejected? I can see in performance monitor that messages are being rejected but would like to check every now and then what sort of mail is being rejected. Thanks SMTP Protocol logging is the only thing I can think of. You'll see the connection attempts, and then the connection being dropped if it matches the filter. Enable SMTP Protocol logging on the Default SMTP Virtual Server. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne ...

Can't Open Canlendar or Contacts
Office Pro XP (2002) was just installed. We are trying to open Outlook to access its Calendar & Contacts applications. We DO NOT want Outlook to be our default email location (Outlook Express has been selected). When we click on the Outlook icon (or open from the Programs folder), we get the message: "Unable to open default email system. Try again." When we "try again," we get the message: "Would you like to open default File System folder?" When answering "yes," the "My Computer" files open in Outlook. At the same time, we get th...

Sending the variable to a query as a criteria
Hello, I can send a value as a criteria to a specific query if it is a text of a textbox, combobax, label etc. But, i wonder if i can send a variable to a guery... I mean, such as... dim a as integer a= me.texbox3.value requery xxx... And in xxx, there should be column, for ex. xyz that has the criteria a.. But it does not work :( How can i do it? thanks... SupperDuck wrote: > Hello, > > I can send a value as a criteria to a specific query if it is a text > of a textbox, combobax, label etc. > > But, i wonder if i can send a variable to a guery... Create a us...

Building a Query by Form Interface
Hello, I'm trying to create a method where a user selects some criteria in a form and a query then generates the results. I have been able to pass numbers successfully in the query but not text. If anyone has an easy way of developing this let me know. The code below works for numbers but not text Help me please. Function BuildSQLString(strSQL As String) As Boolean Dim strSELECT As String Dim strFROM As String Dim strWHERE As String strSELECT = "s.*" strFROM = "UFRRecords s " If Check2 Then strWHERE = strWHERE & " s.[FlagField1] = " & Combo0 End I...

Grouping query titles or color coding them
Is there a way to group queries together like in folders? Or is there a way to change the font color of the query titles. WHEn you have so many queries to look through it takes so much time finding just the right one. I know that choosing the right title name helps but still if we could group them in some way or color code them. Even if we could put a line after so many queries or something. I see the Groups option in my data window. But how do you use them. I will look into the training center if they have anything on this. But thanks a lot for the lightbulb idea. "scuba...

Can't open account.
Why won't my Mac 10.4.11 using safari as browser open my account? Safari version 3.0.4 Inasmuch as this Newsgroup is dedicated to the software program, MS Access, you're not likely to get any answers here to Safari or Mac problems. Try posting into a newsgroup which supports, Mac, and/or Safari. Also, you wuld probably get a better answer if you specify WHICH account you are trying unsuccessfully to open. Best of luck. "sebe" <sebe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:577461D2-FF7F-425F-8F23-BBBFC3F819F6@microsoft.com... > > Why won't my...

How can I change which cell is selected next, other than Down, Le.
I know there should be a simple answer to this question, but I can't find it on the "Help" menu. Hi Bethany tools / options / edit "move selection after enter" -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "Bethany" <Bethany@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50CD805D-F385-4457-9363-5C3A3EF7825D@microsoft.com... >I know there should be a simple answer to this question, but I can't find >it > on the "Help" menu. tools->options->edit and select one of...

Filter for Same Value in Two Fields
There are two fields in my query. "From" and "To". For sake of ease, let's say both these fields are US Cities. How can I pull all the records that show shipped "From" Denver and that show shipped "To" Denver? Thank you in advance. You stated: shipped "From" Denver and that show shipped "To" Denver Technically this would mean both values were Denver which might not make much sense if you expected the From and To to be different. Assuming you are viewing your query in design view, you would type "Denver" und...

Can't disable a button on CDialogBar
Hello I have a button on CDialogBar. my problem is I can't disable this button. here what I have tried. m_wndDialogBar.GetDlgItem(IDC_BUTTON)->EnableWindow(FALSE); I'm using the Doc/View architecture. Thanks in advance. Check the return from GetDlgItem() and make sure it is a valid CWnd*. Also, make sure there is no code in the dialog handler that is reenabling it (you may be competeing with another similar call). Tom <xcppcoder@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141224821.437297.280720@t39g2000cwt.googlegroups.com... > Hello > I have a button on CDialogBar. my p...

how I can sum or subtract 2 or 3 field in access in any record
hi I want know that why there is NOT any relationship between access and excel and how I can sum and subtract 2 or 3 filds in access in any record thanks hadi_khodaparast@yahoo.com Hello Hadi - I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are asking, but Excel is *not* a 'front end' for an Access database. You can use Excel to query the db & copy Access data into a workbook in several ways. That copy of the data can be used for calculations, but the data *doesn't* get changed in the Access file. Although the modified results can be imported to Access it may very well be t...

Modified report #2
My user who duplicate the format and definition from a modified report "SOP Document Analysis" and label it with "ZZ SOP By Dealer" something like this. Who can print this report inside the Report Writer. How can she print it when using Report function inside the Great Plains interface. How it can be tie up to Great Plains? Best regards Reports created within Report Writer are printed via the Custom Reports section. "Kane" <Kane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D246200-6728-4D49-97AC-3AE013EC597F@microsoft.com... > My user who...

Budgeted Amounts Not Correct in Report
I hope y'all can help me. In my monthly budget report, I have the dates set from 6/30/03 to 6/30/04 (12 months). There are a few categories that show a higher budgeted amount than there should be. For instance, my cable bill is $59 every month. Under the "actual" spending column, the amount spent is $708 (correct-- $59 x 12 = $708). Under the "budgeted" spending column, the amount is $767 (not correct; it should be $708). There are several places in my budget report where it's calculating for 13 months instead of 12. Also, along the same lines, I hav...

where can I find CWinApp file in a regular dll (not extension) wizard created project
Hi. I created a dll using the regular (not extension) dll wizard in vc++ 6.0. I was wondering where I can find this CWinApp file so I can put initialization code and exit code in it? I don't see it in the file view and of course I am not very experienced with this ide. thanks for probably the obvious. Jeff Kish If it is not an MFC DLL, it probably doesn't have a CWinApp class. Find In Files is a useful tool to know about. Look for DllMain. See what it does on entry. If it doesn't call InitInstance, then you don't have a CWinApp class. joe On Wed, 02 May 2007 1...

export report from access to excel
I have a report in access that I've tried 2 different ways to work with in excel. I've exported it and I've also used the analyze with excel option. Both come over to excel the same way. What is happening is that the fields in the report are not in the same order in the excel workbook as they are in the access report. Does anyone have any idea what happened? Or how I can get them to be the same? Thanks. Mary ...

how to I design an Access report for headed paper on page 1 only?
I have a report that I am designing to work as an invoice using company headed paper. Therefore I wish to be able to have wider 'blank' footers for the first page of the report, but smaller margins for the subsequent pages, 2, 3, 4, etc. Can it be done? Thanks Go to view, and there is an option "report header" that will only show up on the first page. "Liz232" wrote: > I have a report that I am designing to work as an invoice using company > headed paper. Therefore I wish to be able to have wider 'blank' footers for > the firs...

Can't install sp2 :(
Hi i have already deployed exch 2003, it is working as it should be. Now i want to install sp2 on my fron-end and then back-end servers. But when i star the update programm it tell me: The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services" could not be assigned the action "Update" because: - The NNTP component of IIS is either not installed or disabled Before i installed Exchange i installed NNTP via Add/Remove Windows Components. Server 2003 R2 32bit, latest updates, Microsoft Windows Server Update Services v3.0 beta, DNS server.. What should i ...

export find results
is there a way to export the results of the 'find' query to a notepad or a new excel sheet) Hi Amir, > is there a way to export the results of the 'find' query to a notepad or a > new excel sheet) If you download my "Flexfind" utility, you can use it's "List" button to do just that: www.jkp-ads.com/OfficeMarketPlaceFF-EN.htm Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP http://www.jkp-ads.com I expect that the only way to do that would be through VBA. If you press Alt-F11 from Excel you'll go to the VBA editor. Go to Help and look up the ...

how to run Powerpoint slideshow inside a dialog
Hi All, I am trying to display powerpoint slides in a dialog create by my application. if(m_pptapp.m_lpDispatch == NULL) { if(!m_pptapp.CreateDispatch("Powerpoint.Application")) { AfxMessageBox("Could not create Powerpoint object."); return; } } m_pptapp.SetVisible((long)1); Presentations presentations; SlideShowSettings slideshow; presentations = m_pptapp.GetPresentations(); m_pptpresentation = presentations.Open("R:\\Internals.ppt",(long)0, (long)-1,(long)1 ); slideshow = m_pptpresentation.GetSlideShowSettings(); slide...

Is there a formula that can do this?
This issue has alluded me for a while. Is there a formula that could be used in "C" that will bring back unique values contained in "A" but only bring the value back if that value has a row value showing in "B" A1 = apples B1 = 1 C1 = apples A2 = grapes B2 = C2 = pears A3 = pears B3 = 3 C3 = A4 = oranges B4 = C4 = A5 = apples B5 = 5 C5 = A hard one for sure, although I would like to know if there is such a formula. Thank you for your time. In C1 enter: =IF(OR(B1="",COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)>1),"",A1) and copy dow...

Auto Filtering?
If I have a chart with several rows of 3 digit combinations in columns A, B and C and I wanted to have auto filter to show only those rows that have 2 of the 3 digits that are alike, how could I do that? The auto filter option does not allow you to do this. example: ABC 589 303 Show only 115 Show only 902 088 Show only 476 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way, in a helper column next to your data, assuming your data is in Col A starting A1...

Can't remove items from Outlook Favorites list...
Hi there, I am posting this message as a last resort after much searching for a solution to this. I am hoping someone will have an answer to this odd problem In Outlook 2003 there is a FAVORITES panel. This panel (for some odd reason) can not be hidden. I do actually use it so that's okay. But the challenge I have is that it will not let me remove items from this panel. The other day it started showing the inbox of each of my http email accounts in the favs panel and I don't want these there. There are also a few other folders that I added there which I wish to remove. BUT the remove o...

Hide Sub Report(s) when records are null
I am running Access 2007 sp2 MSO. I have a report that has three (3) sub reports. There are times when not all three sub reports have values to display. Is there a way to code the given report to not be visible if there are no records to report? The second part of this question would be if there is a way to make the report invisible is it also possible to code so that the space where the report would normally reside would not be taken with a blank space (the foot print of where the report normally resides)? -- Bruce ...

No reports in CRM
Hi all, We upgraded a client from 1.2 to 3. All worked well but only problem was that e-mail was not sending from web client. In an attempt to fix this the CRM was un-installed and re-installed. Since this time there is no reports in CRM. After further investigation I have found that http://server/reports works fine but does not show any reports. I have looked in c:\program files\Microsoft CRM\repots etc etc and the reports are in this folder. How do I get the reports into SRS and linking back to the CRM sucessfully???? Any help appreciated. Cheers, Nathan Warner Hi Nathan, Yo...

Sending a report to word then mailing it.
is there a way to send a report by email as a word doc. i have messed about with the button wizard and managed to get the report to attach to an email. the only thing is it only attached as a rtf, txt or html file. and these do not show the report as it appears on access. how can i do it, so the recipient can print it off sa it is on my screen. Cheers To get the exact same report you need to export to Snapshot Format (viewer & add-in Downloadable from microsoft) Pieter "Steve Moss" <SteveMoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED6150E8-C397-4D2F-...

Can we set the UI color scheme via VB[A} or XML?
Does anyone know a way to set the color scheme for the UI, using VB[A} or XML? Can this even be done? Thanks -- Garry Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc Sorry for not qualifying the Excel version. It's v12 or higher. -- Garry Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc ...