Calculating or Adding Values that are 0

I have three fields that I need to total.  When i do run the total nothing
appears because one of the fields has a 0 value.

The expression is not counting 0 values, how do I work around this?

Is the value actually zero or Null?
If it is null then use the NZ function like this --
       Nz([Field1], 0) + Nz([Field2], 0) + Nz([Field3], 0)

--
Build a little, test a little.

"blanch2010" wrote:

> I have three fields that I need to total.  When i do run the total nothing
> appears because one of the fields has a 0 value.
>
> The expression is not counting 0 values, how do I work around this?
Hi Karl.

The value is actually zero until someone updates the record.  So do I use
what you gave me below?

Thanks
Don

"KARL DEWEY" wrote:

> Is the value actually zero or Null?
> If it is null then use the NZ function like this --
>        Nz([Field1], 0) + Nz([Field2], 0) + Nz([Field3], 0)
>
> --
> Build a little, test a little.
>

> "blanch2010" wrote:
>
> > I have three fields that I need to total.  When i do run the total nothing
> > appears because one of the fields has a 0 value.
> >
> > The expression is not counting 0 values, how do I work around this?
That's working!  Thank You again Karl.

Don

"blanch2010" wrote:

> Hi Karl.
>

> The value is actually zero until someone updates the record.  So do I use
> what you gave me below?
>
> Thanks
> Don
>
> "KARL DEWEY" wrote:
>
> > Is the value actually zero or Null?
> > If it is null then use the NZ function like this --
> >        Nz([Field1], 0) + Nz([Field2], 0) + Nz([Field3], 0)
> >
> > --
> > Build a little, test a little.
> >

> > "blanch2010" wrote:
> >
> > > I have three fields that I need to total.  When i do run the total nothing
> > > appears because one of the fields has a 0 value.
> > >
> > > The expression is not counting 0 values, how do I work around this?

Adding a Reference in VBA
In order to run the below code what is the Official exact name of the library I should have added/checked in my Reference table? TIA, Sub Tester1() Dim fso As Object Dim fldr As Object Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set fldr = fso.GetFolder("C:\Documents and Settings\Jim\My Documents") MsgBox "You have " & fldr.Files.Count & " Files in the Excel Formulas Folder" End Sub microsoft scripting runtime But then you could change your code to: Sub Tester2() Dim FSO As Scripting.FileSystemObject Dim FLDR As Scripting.Folder ...

What does msdata:Ordinal="0" mean?
I am updating my XSD schema but am not sure what msdata means? Any direction to a good online reference would be great. Thanks, Don Ordinal is the database term for argument position. For example SELECT Name, Address, Phone FROM Persons. Name would be ordinal zero, Address would be one.... If you want to learn more - google for "xsd learn" or "xsd msdata" "Don" wrote: > I am updating my XSD schema but am not sure what msdata means? > Any direction to a good online reference would be great. > > Thanks, > > Don > > > ...

.NET 2.0 XML Validation
I am wondering if I am alone with this problem. Using VS 2005, I must validate an XML file via a Schema and it works well. When I get the schema exception and check the LineNumber and LinePosition properties, they are always set to 0 <=== Here are 2 ways I used to validate the XML always getting LineNumber and LinePosition = 0. Any hints would be greatly appreciated. ================================================================== XmlReaderSettings settings = new XmlReaderSettings(); settings.IgnoreWhitespace = false; settings.Schemas.A...

SBA 2006 Fails to process batch from RMS 2.0
SBA 2006 is frequently failing to import POS batches with the following message "The batch cannot be posted to the General Ledger since the batch debits do not qual credits Press OK to mark this batch as processed Press Cancel to skip this batch" ...

Text is added as attachment after copy and paste
Hi I am using outlook 2000 and every time I want to copy and paste text from somewhere else (e.g. browser), it adds the content as an html-page-attachment to my new mail. I just want to have it added as simple text in the mail-body regards R. Save the text in notepad or something and then Insert the file - but check the button so it inserts it as text, not just as an attachment ;-) r@gnar.de wrote: > Hi > > I am using outlook 2000 and every time I want to copy and paste text > from somewhere else (e.g. browser), it adds the content as an > html-page-attachment to my new ...

Link to 2.0 Web Cast
Would somebody be willing to post the link to the 2.0 web cast? I remember I got an e-mail with the link for the 1.3 web cast but I did not get an e-mail for the 2.0 eventhough we are on maintenance. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0320_01C73FBE.65885C80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Gerd, I don't think they have one setup yet, although it was discussed. I'd be looking for it either around the new website update in early Feb. = or when the product ships to you in late F...

No return on basic search of activities, CRM 4.0
If I go into activities and view all of my activities I get the full list of phone calls and emails. However if I try to search for an activity that I've carried out with a contact i.e. John Smith, The Company. I get no results returned if I search on either term, even though an activity on this account is in the list. If I go to Advanced Find, I can search for John Smith and/or The Company and the contact is then returned in the search. Why is the basic search not working? (I'm using the web client) Thanks in advance! Hi, Have you configured your required columns to be ...

Automatically fill down formulas when adding a record
I have a data entry sheet which receives one record per row. Some of th columns contain calculated fields and will be hidden. Is there a way t have the formulas automatically fill down when new records are added Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way is to use Excels built-in dataform. data>form -- John johnf 202 at hotmail dot com "steveski >" <<steveski.11dx8c@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:steveski.11dx8c@excelforum-nospam.com... | I have a data entry sheet which receives one record per row. Some of the | columns con...

matching identical values.
I am using the following formula to return values when a cell is equal to that on a worksheet. First of all i use the countIF scenario to count all the items that are identical. Then an address to work out the position and finally match to find the relevant data which is on the same line. my problem is that when it finds the first set of data it returns this and the following number of rows that match the count instead of the first set of data, the second set and so on. can anyone help please? (worksheet2 formula used to match data from worksheet 1.) =COUNTIF(worksheet1!B:B,A1) 1st line...

Balance of OT calculation
Hi Please help to set the formula for the calculation of "Balance of". Thanks 3 a b c d e f g h I 4 Apr 04 May 04 Jun 04 Jul 04 Aug 04 Sep 04 Oct 04 Nov 04 Dec 0 5Overtime: 1st 3 hrs 10.0 0.0 10.0 0.0 10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0 6 4th hrs 0.0 5.0 1.0 0.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 7Total claim 10.0 5.0 11.0 0.0 12.0 12.0 12.0 12.0 12.0 8Total set-off 3.0 11.0 1.0 17.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 9 10 B/F 7.0 1.0 11.0 (6.0) 5.0 16.0 27.0 38.0 49.0 11 12 Balance of: 13 April 7....

set a default value for a cell ?
I want to set a default value to a cell or set of cells which might be edited by the user? I have a column which is used by a person to enter values. But A default value should appear. Could you please help me? see help on data validation or debra degliesh's page http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html "Jeethu" <Jeethu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A34C3B6-EF14-40AB-9CC6-E590AED4B6D8@microsoft.com... >I want to set a default value to a cell or set of cells which might be >edited > by the user? > > I have a column which is used by...

Checking if values are between values
I'm having a little trouble getting a formula to work. All I need to d is use Countif to determine whether or not a value is within a certai range (1.0-1.9). The formula I've tried is: =countif(a1:a25,>1.0<1.9) I'm sure there's something wrong since it's not working, but hopefull someone can advise me on the correct syntax. This worksheet is being created with Excel 97 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A25>1.0)*(A1:A25<1.9)) -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "guilbj2 >"...

Finding Accounts with no related Contacts CRM 3.0
Hi, I am trying to find all accounts where there are no related contacts but cannot work out the advanced find syntax to do this. I presume I am just missing something obvious. any ideas. Thanks Justin Hi Justin, You are not missing anything. CRM does not support a NOT operator in queries. You can easily search for accounts that do have at least one contact, but the opposite does not work. The only workaround is a report or some kind of server task (service, plug-in, workflow) setting a count attribute in an account whenever a contact is assigned or removed from an account, so that y...

Properly adding CString struction to CList pointer
Hi, I have a member variable for my class that is declared: CList <PARAMITEMS, PARAMITEMS&>m_listParamItems; and it contains a structure with two CString variables, declared as: struct PARAMITEMS { CString strParamName; CString strParam; }; I have a memory leak in my application that is driving me nuts and the only place that I can locate it, is at this section of code: PARAMITEMS* pParam = new PARAMITEMS; pParam->strParamName = (const char*)"FIRST_PARAMETER"; pParam->strParam = strCString; // Test CString allocated with "String" m_listParamI...

Cannot Enter Desired Value
When I enter a number (229.65) then hit "enter" or "tab", I ge "2.30E+02". What the heck is that and how do I turn it off -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You probably accidentally formatted your cell as Scienfific. Remedy: Format>Cells>Number>General, or some other standard or custom format. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "myrrh >" <<myrrh.1236mk@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:myrrh.1236mk@excelforum-nospam.com... > When I enter a number (229.65) then hit "enter"...

Adding field in Scrolling window
Hello: I was wondering how can I add a field in scrolling window if it is not mapped in DB? Thanks candidcarper Use a local field, and assign a value to it in the Fill script on the scrolling window. "ammad_u@yahoo.com" wrote: > Hello: > > I was wondering how can I add a field in scrolling window if it is not > mapped in DB? > > Thanks > > candidcarper > > ...

Allow access to item properties when Adding Items to purchase orde
Allowing access to item properties when adding items to a purchase order would assist in updating information like aliases, etc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx...

Automated values in a table
I have a table which inculde two fileds. Field 1 called "Injection" is a Yes/No box. Field 2 called "#of Injections" is a number column. I want to have an automated function, where if "No" is selected in "Injection", "# of Injections" automatically fills in a value of "0". How do i do this in a table? Thankyou! Hi What if you just made the default value of the second field "0" that way you wouldn't have to worry about it if its " No" and if is "Yes" you would have to edit it anyways with a qu...

lookup from one column return value from another?
I want to check the value of one column (A) and then depending on the outcome add the value in the same row but column B to a total. Can I do this in a single cell formula or do I have to have an extra column that does the logic test and then a cell to do the totalling? Hi Maria not sure of exactly what you want but does =IF(A1="Fred",B1,0) give you what you want? if not could you type out an example of your data and what you want to see (please don't attach a workbook just type it out) -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working...

how to set value of text bounded on combo box?
Hi, I have a combo box with row sours of a table, and there is a text box. What I want to do is once the user selects a value from the combo box, the text box should be filled by a specific data. For example, the combo box has list of names, and once the user select the name; the text box shows the phone number of the selected name automatically. Note: both the name and phone number are in the same table. How can I do that? Make sure that the query for the combobox returns both the name and phone number. The Phone number does not have to be visible in the combobox. In the combobox A...

CTreeCtrl : CustomDrawn => uItemState alaways equal to 0
Hi, I have just started playing with CustomDrawn to modify dynamically item background and have realised that every time i test ed the uItemState flag of the message, it was always equal to 0 :( exemple : void CMyTree::OnNMCustomdraw(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult) { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here NMLVCUSTOMDRAW* pLVCD = reinterpret_cast<NMLVCUSTOMDRAW*>( pNMHDR ); if (pLVCD->nmcd.uItemState!=0) { //Never enter here } *pResult = 0; } It s just so disturbing because it has to be simple. Could someone ple...

Exchange 2007 in AD site with RODC 05-17-10
Hello, My question is if it possible to deploy Exchange server 2007 in an AD site that have RODC only? I know that Exchange cannot work with RODC. I understand that is not much sense in such configuration. But, in principal, can Exchange be in an AD site with RODC only and use a writable DC from other sites for work? On Mon, 17 May 2010 05:08:01 -0700, Vitalii Ponomarov <VitaliiPonomarov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >My question is if it possible to deploy Exchange server 2007 in an AD site >that have RODC only? I know that Exchange canno...

#DIV/O! Errror with Absolute Number Calculation
Hi, I am calculating the following formula. =ABS(K41-J41)/ABS(K41) The result is #DIV/O! many times because K41 is 0 and the result is #DIV/O! I'd like the result to be "N/A" or something that I could put in between parenthesis. I'd be happy with any recommendations you have. Thanks!! Try this... =IF(K41="","N/A",ABS(K41-J41)/ABS(K41)) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Brent" <Brent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93A3C05A-89EC-4229-BA99-C23EF2E24AA8@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I...

CRM 3.0 Exchange Router fills event log with errors
I've installed CRM 3.0 Exchange router according to Microsoft's documentation and the suggestions I found on this mailbox. However, the service is not working. The error message in the Event Viewer is Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkServiceException: Opening the inbox folder of mailbox: crm failed (System.InvalidCastException: No such interface supported at ADODB.RecordClass.Open(Object Source, Object ActiveConnection, ConnectModeEnum Mode, RecordCreateOptionsEnum CreateOptions, RecordOpenOptionsEnum Options, String UserName, String Password) at M...

Office X to Office 11.1.0 upgrade problem
I have just upgraded to Office X 10.1.6 and wanted to go on to Office 11.1.0. When I try and load Office 11.1.0 it tells me I cannot do this - any ideas?? Phil The upgrade from Office v.X to Office 2004 (v.11) is *not* free. You will have to buy Office 2004 (since you already have Office v.X, you can get the upgrade, which is considerably cheaper than the regular edition) before you can update it to v.11.1. Michel On 27.03.05 11:22, in article 1111915374.297355.21880@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, "PhilT" <phil@thethirdstage.com> wrote: > I have just upgraded to Office...