Big Error

An update query updated a large number of field values in the wrong field.
It added the value YED-14- to the left of the existing values.

Is there a way to remove the YED-14-  without doing it manually or
requesting IT to restore the database from backups, and return the values to
there original values.

This will really save us embarrasement.
Thank you ever-so-much.

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 09:26:00 -0800, PA <PA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>An update query updated a large number of field values in the wrong field.
>It added the value YED-14- to the left of the existing values.
>
>Is there a way to remove the YED-14-  without doing it manually or
>requesting IT to restore the database from backups, and return the values to
>there original values.
>
>This will really save us embarrasement.
>Thank you ever-so-much.

If you are certain that *every* occurance of YED-14- should be removed, run an
Update query updating this field:

UPDATE yourtable
SET thisfield = Mid([thisfield], 8)
WHERE thisfield LIKE "YED-14-*";

Make a fresh backup first just in case!!
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 09:26:00 -0800, PA <PA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >An update query updated a large number of field values in the wrong field.
> >It added the value YED-14- to the left of the existing values.
> >
> >Is there a way to remove the YED-14-  without doing it manually or
> >requesting IT to restore the database from backups, and return the values to
> >there original values.
> >
> >This will really save us embarrasement.
> >Thank you ever-so-much.
>
> If you are certain that *every* occurance of YED-14- should be removed, run an
> Update query updating this field:
>
> UPDATE yourtable
> SET thisfield = Mid([thisfield], 8)
> WHERE thisfield LIKE "YED-14-*";
>
> Make a fresh backup first just in case!!
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

Windows Live Mail error message
For the last two days I have had a pop up box every time I open Windows Live mail which says: Sorry, something unexpected happened and Windows Live mail must close. Your most recent changes may not be saved. Obviously when I close the box it closes Windows Live mail. Very frustrating!! ...

Error 550. Too many recipients
I am trying to send out mass emails ranging from 20 to 1000 recipients at a time and I get this error on occasion. Is this something that would be caused by my ISP or is it a setting on my outlook that I can change? Thanks! That message comes from your ISP -- check with them to see what their limit is. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:468c01c4734f$3c9f25d0$a601280a@phx.gbl, Dave wrote: > I am trying to send out mass emails ranging from 2...

OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "(null)" returned message "Unspecified error".
I want to update with same tables an online sql server with local data of a software. The online and local tables structures are the same, the name of the table also. I receive this error: Errore -2147217900 OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "(null)" returned message "Unspecified error". the code is: set connACC=Server.createobject("adodb.connection") connNostrosql1 = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=**.**.**.**;database=030918ferwoodsrl;uid=**;pwd=**;" connACC.Open connNostrosql1 INSERT INTO MAGAnagrafica...

Error Message 250
Account: 'pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '250 8BITMIME', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 250, Error Number: 0x800CCC7D In Outlook I keep getting this message along with another error message 640 I have tried to correct but unable. Can someone please help to solve the problem "Gailo" <Gailo@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:0F3D49F6-7C3D-466D-B621-5289A81613CE@microsoft.com... > Account: 'pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.s...

Outlook Error #9
I start geting the below lied error after I updated with microsoft windows update. I have remove Outlook 2000 and re installed but I get the same error.. OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module OUTLLIB.DLL at 0177:3a43a835 Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=0177 EIP=3a43a835 EFLGS=00010246 EBX=00000000 SS=017f ESP=0056f6d4 EBP=0056f714 ECX=00000000 DS=017f ESI=00584b5c FS=1947 EDX=81644c24 ES=017f EDI=bff5582a GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 2b 41 08 89 45 f8 74 57 3b c3 0f 8f b6 ec 41 00 Stack dump: bff5582a 00584b5c 00584cc4 fffffff0 00000003 00000002 00000000 3a85b35b 00000718 00000003 00...

PA CheckLinks error
Hi I am running PA Checlinks on the PA Budgeting Cards and i get the following error in the process [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near 'AR01'. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Unclosed quotation mark after the character string ' and ((exists(select top 1 d.PADT from INTER.dbo.PA01201 b, INTER.dbo.PA01301 c, INTER.dbo.PA30101 d where b.CUSTNMBR = INTER.dbo.RM00101.CUSTNMBR and c.P Can someone please guide me as to how to get past this error. Thanks Hi Riz I have seen something like this before and the problem was that there ...

error message #15
I am getting a new error message when trying to send an email from outlook 2002, Interface not registered. The only changes to the computer is that I now have high speed cable internet access. What I am I suppose to register? How can I get my mail to work again? Any help???? Please ...

MS CRM 1.2
Hi all, we have successfully completed the E-mail router, but when we sent an e-mail the next error appears on the exchange server log: 'An error occurred in the SOAP proxy while attempting to deliver a message. Message subject: 'hello..... CRM:{D72F6A8B-19AE-48E5-A571-518EC3BEB1DD}:MRC' URL: 'http://crm/MSCRMServices/CrmEmail.srf' SOAP Error: 8 ( SOAPCLIENT_PARSEFAULT_ERROR )' ...

Standard field "Heights" ?? (Forms to big for screens)
Having trouble making our Forms fit on screens for users who run low res (600x800 or whatever) Can any of you suggest any tips? (Other than eliminating some of the data fields :) Looks like default heights for... Field = 0.2083" Field Title = .1667" I've reduced Field Height to .166 and changed "Special Effects" to 'Flat" (default is "Sunken) I've used Format | Align to snug all the fields & titles up against each other. I'm using Command Buttons on some forms to "popup" additional data... Thanks for any help. Mel Mel wrote: ...

Windows Media Player (WMP) ripping errors/problems/doesn't work
To put it simply, my WMP's ripping is malfunctioning. The details are as the following. At some point, when I tried to rip a CD into my hard drive using WMP, it didn't work properly. The ripping process all looked fine, and WMP didn't pop up any error signs or such; the ripping process looked completely normal and was completed. The problem started when I tried to play the ripped music. The audio files were present in the folder I was looking for, and I tried to play them. But WMP won't play them, saying this: "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. Th...

solving error cyclic redundancy check to install a software program
I am attempting to install a software program I need for my business. When I attempt to do so an error shows up saying install support file missing engine. Or Cyclic redundancy check. In any case it is not allowing me to install my program. I installed this program some time before in the past and I had no problem. But I have since then reinstalled XP a new with no changes to my system. Please help, the program to be installed is essential to my business. Thank you, Albert Affiliate Bancorp Inc. Sales Manager yourloanXpert@charter.net 562-439-3283 ...

Formula errors
I am summing up bunch of lookup tables. My problem is that some of the lookups will result in an N/A. Is there a way in my sum formula to ignore the N/A s ? Thanks, Yosef i.e. =sum(a1:a3) and sometime a2 will be #n/A. Array enter (enter using Ctrl-Shift-Enter) =SUM(IF(ISERROR(A1:A3),0,A1:A3)) -- HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "ynissel" <ynissel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FE945C0-8C27-44D1-8B14-E264FD55A5F0@microsoft.com... >I am summing up bunch of lookup tables. My problem is that some of the > lookups will result in an N/A. Is there a way...

VBCODE ERROR
I am trying to run the code below and I get this error message. This code has been working fine in access XP but when I attempt to use it in access 2000 I get this error Can someone HELP! Automation Error Incorrect Inheritance depth in standard OLE hmember Private Sub Form_Current() If Not IsDate(Me.Notice_Return) Then If DateDiff("d", Me.Notice_Sent, Date) >= 315 Then MsgBox "You Have Georgia Comp. Hours You Are About To Lose YOU HAVE 60 DAYS TO TAKE THESE HOURS", vbOKOnly + vbExclamation End If End If ...

Compile error when converting from A2003 to A2007
Converted working Access 2003 apps to Access 2007. Now get compile error on this code in a subform:: Dim rs As Recordset Set rs = Me.RecordsetClone strCriteria = "[chrTitle] = " & """ENTER TITLE HERE""" rs.FindFirst strCriteria <----- COMPILE ERROR - Method or data error not found Forms!fsub1Author.Form.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark Set rs = Nothing "Me" is the subform record set with recordSource "tblBooks" and filter "[chrLastName]='Parker' AND [chrFirstName]='Robert' " The error seems to oc...

error AR posting batch GP 7.5
I'm getting a status of "Table Updates Interrupted" when trying to post a recurring receivables batch. Has posted fine in the past. Tells me to run Batch Recovery but that fails also. It tells me "A get/change operation on table 'RM_Keys_MSTR' could not find a record". The batch is stuck and so am I. How can I force this batch to be processed? What could be wrong? Thanks. Hi Ralpher: I would run check links on the RM_KEYS_MSTR if I were you. "Ralpher" wrote: > I'm getting a status of "Table Updates Interrupted" when trying to...

Send/Receive error message
! Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object not be found.' This sounds like a problem with the Offline Address Book. I would suggest you check that an Offline Address Book has been specified on the mailbox store. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "ToMMaS MooRe" <ToMMaSMooRe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1C85058-2E28-4581-8599-452DB925DBB2@microsoft.com... >! Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server&...

Outlook 2003 & Hotmail error 0x800cccf0
Hi! I get this error message when trying to send a mail from my Hotmail account I just set up in my Outlook 2003. The error message reads something like this: (freely translated from Norwegian) The task Hotmail - Send reported the error (ox800cccf0: The service is not available at the moment. Try again later. The server answered Service unavailable. I can log into my account via my net browser with no problem. Username and password are correct... I googled around little, but all I could find was questions, not answers :-( What can be wrong? Is there a cure, or do I have to establish a n...

CComVariant Error
Hi guys, has anyone got this problem when using Clear() method of a CComVariant that is cause an Access Violation error? any resolution? THanks i think tis will help you to resolve your problem as quoted by MSDN "If the variant to be cleared is a COM object that is passed by reference, the vt field of the pvarg parameter is VT_DISPATCH | VT_BYREF or VT_UNKNOWN | VT_BYREF. In this case, VariantClear does not release the object. Because the variant being cleared is a pointer to a reference to an object, VariantClear has no way to determine if it is necessary to release the object. I...

CreateSalesOrder Error
Hi All, I am really struggling with this error: "ItemKey/WarehouseKey does not exist in inventory" that I post this error in previous questions. If I do CreateSalesOrder with a new item (set it as "IsNonInventory"), it'll create a new salesorder but Total amount, unit price, acctamnt, prclevel is nothing even I set them to some numbers. Therefore, I used CreateSalesItem for this item but after creating it, I tried to use this to create another sales order and then the error message displayed telling "ItemKey/WarehouseKey does not exist in inventory." ...

Install error : report module
Hi, does someone met such message error when loading the Crystal report module ? " Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Assembly microsoft.crm.platform.types.dll security permission grant set is incompatible between appdomains. Source Error: Line 5: <assemblies> Line 6: <add assembly="Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy, Version=1.0.0000.0, Culture=neutr...

Diagnosing Repeated CHKDSK Errors
Hello all! We have a variety of servers running Windows Server 2003 Standard SP2. On two -- and only two -- of them we are having a problem with chkdsk repeatedly finding errors with the file system. We have an automated script that runs a read-only chkdsk on each of our servers on a daily basis as a precautionary measure, due to file system corruption we experienced once in the past. On most of our servers, it routinely finds no problems. However, on these two, it repeatedly finds errors. When it does, we will take the server offline and run a full chkdsk allowing it to fix the...

Excel Error Send AppVer: 12.0.6514.5000 AppStamp:4a89db07
every time when I open the excel sheet on the other PC, do what I have to do, save and close, and when I will on my PC to open excl sheet I become this error: AppName: excel.exe AppVer: 12.0.6514.5000 AppStamp:4a89db07 ModName: vbe6.dll ModVer: 6.5.10.24 ModStamp:464105f1 fDebug: 0 Offset: 000905b6 what is thet mean? ...

Error message opening a file due to too many different cell formats
What can be done to fix this problem? There are 63 sheets in this workbook. There has been a lot of copying and pasting. Now the workbook won't open because there are too many different cell formats. Hi for dealing with too many cell formats have a look at the following KB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 Though I'm not sure it will help if you can't open your file anymore -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany lc wrote: > What can be done to fix this problem? There are 63 sheets > in this workbook. There has been a lot of co...

Runtime Error
Every time I open Outlook, a little window opens which says 'Runtime Error has occurred - do you want to debug - line: 297' What does this mean and how do I fix it? ...

GP CRM Adapter error.
Any one having a failure when trying to view the log file in the new Dynamics GP CRM Adapter? After I applied Feature Pack 2, I am unable to view a log file. When I click on the log, the system becomes unresponsive and finally throws an error and debug option. I have installed CRM4.0 Update Rollup 7 and have now installed Update Rollup 10. I am also not able to see certain things in CRM like the Add Price List Item option. thanks for help First, please apply feature pack 3. There is a good chance that you have a very large number of exceptions to be displayed in the cli...