Avoid append queries too many times a day

Hello,

I created several append queries to append to add previous day data every
morning. But, how can I build validation to the query so that I or anyone
can't append the queries more than one time a day (which will create double
the data)? Thanks

Why do you need to add previous day data every morning?  How is your table
structured?  Seem like it would be easier to simply include a date field in
your table.

If you don't want to do that, you could probably write some code to update a
field in the originating table so that after the records were exported, the
export date would be filled in.  then, when you do subsequent pulls, you
could verify that the export date is blank.

--
Hope that helps!

RBear3
..

"Cam" <Cam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I created several append queries to append to add previous day data every
> morning. But, how can I build validation to the query so that I or anyone
> can't append the queries more than one time a day (which will create
> double
> the data)? Thanks

0
RBear3
3/5/2008 8:54:33 PM
By adding a date field (LastDate) with default   =Date()  it will store
current date along with appended data.   Have your macro or event check if
Max(LastDate)  <Date() then append.
--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"RBear3" wrote:

> Why do you need to add previous day data every morning?  How is your table
> structured?  Seem like it would be easier to simply include a date field in
> your table.
>
> If you don't want to do that, you could probably write some code to update a
> field in the originating table so that after the records were exported, the
> export date would be filled in.  then, when you do subsequent pulls, you
> could verify that the export date is blank.
>
> --
> Hope that helps!
>
> RBear3
> ..
>
> "Cam" <Cam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I created several append queries to append to add previous day data every
> > morning. But, how can I build validation to the query so that I or anyone
> > can't append the queries more than one time a day (which will create
> > double
> > the data)? Thanks

Karl,

Thanks for the suggestion. It make sense to add a date field of when the
macro is ran. But I don't know how to write a macro event to check for
validation. Any help is appreciated.

"KARL DEWEY" wrote:

> By adding a date field (LastDate) with default   =Date()  it will store
> current date along with appended data.   Have your macro or event check if
> Max(LastDate)  <Date() then append.
> --
> KARL DEWEY
> Build a little - Test a little
>

> "RBear3" wrote:
>
> > Why do you need to add previous day data every morning?  How is your table
> > structured?  Seem like it would be easier to simply include a date field in
> > your table.
> >
> > If you don't want to do that, you could probably write some code to update a
> > field in the originating table so that after the records were exported, the
> > export date would be filled in.  then, when you do subsequent pulls, you
> > could verify that the export date is blank.
> >
> > --
> > Hope that helps!
> >
> > RBear3
> > ..
> >
> > "Cam" <Cam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I created several append queries to append to add previous day data every
> > > morning. But, how can I build validation to the query so that I or anyone
> > > can't append the queries more than one time a day (which will create
> > > double
> > > the data)? Thanks

In the macro condition use DMax [LastDate]  to check.
--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"Cam" wrote:

> Karl,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. It make sense to add a date field of when the
> macro is ran. But I don't know how to write a macro event to check for
> validation. Any help is appreciated.
>
> "KARL DEWEY" wrote:
>
> > By adding a date field (LastDate) with default   =Date()  it will store
> > current date along with appended data.   Have your macro or event check if
> > Max(LastDate)  <Date() then append.
> > --
> > KARL DEWEY
> > Build a little - Test a little
> >

> > "RBear3" wrote:
> >
> > > Why do you need to add previous day data every morning?  How is your table
> > > structured?  Seem like it would be easier to simply include a date field in
> > > your table.
> > >
> > > If you don't want to do that, you could probably write some code to update a
> > > field in the originating table so that after the records were exported, the
> > > export date would be filled in.  then, when you do subsequent pulls, you
> > > could verify that the export date is blank.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Hope that helps!
> > >
> > > RBear3
> > > ..
> > >
> > > "Cam" <Cam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Using external query (mdb) for dynamic date range
I'm trying to set up an Excel workbook with a dynamic link to an Access database containing quality data, involving dates. I want the workbook to always import data for the last 90 days. When I try to set this up using MS Query, to try to filter data I've tried several different variations where time is greater than or equal to: date()-30 today()-30 now()-30 And every time, it comes back as an error. It seems to be setting the query so that the entire statement is a date variable, eg "Syntax error in query expression '((Table1.Time>=#date()-30#))'...

Date/Time Question
Hello, I have a start date and time which is inputed to a form in the format of ##/##/#### HH:MM:SS I also have a total time which is in decimal hours. Like 25.61. How would I create an expression in a query to take the start date/time, add the total time to it, and get the result in the date/time format. If possible I would also like to exclude the hours between midnight and 5 AM. Thanks in advance, Emily Emily You are, to some extent, mixing apples and oranges -- both of your items are somewhat related to dates, but not related directly to each other. If you have a Date/Time value...

returning a date 7 business day excluding holidays in the future
How would I write a formula that would do this. If I input a date in cell A1 and I have holidays in cells R1:R11. Can I write a formula that would give me a date in cell B2 that is 7 business days excluding holiday from the date in A1. I am having a hard time getting the networkdays and holidays working if I am not inputing 2 dates. Thanks >I am having a hard time getting the networkdays >and holidays working Use the WORKDAY function: =WORKDAY(A1,7,R1:R11) Format as Date -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "excelrookie" <excelrookie@discussio...

Date Time Picker lost
I created a form using the DateTimePicker Control to write in a field. Then I removed the DateTimePicker Control. When I publish the form to another computer where the DateTimePicker Control is not installed, the form does not work. If I install the DateTimePicker Control the form is working without problems. I want to sent this contact form to other people who does not have this control. In the fact I am not using the DateTimePicker Control but it must be somewhere in the form, but I cannot find it. If I put in the form another DTP Control in the list of the fields it is shown as DTP2 b...

stop end time of appointment from printing
I print out the month view of the calendar for my boss constantly and he carries it with him. How can I prevent the end time of an appointment from printing? He only want to see the start time of his appointments. If it shows in the onscreen calendar, it will print if the cells are wide enough. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: m...

e-mail owner, when many recipients ?
Today I received e-mail adressed to many recipients and I didn't owners of this one, but last person who was on the recipients list To: was... The last person didn't registered contact in CRM, I try it with registered recipients it was the same. Any time I didn't owner of e-mail but always last person on the recipients list. Who know why ? And why when I want assign to me this e-mail at first I must assign to present owner and after that one more timy try assign to me What version of CRM are you using? How is this email being generated? (workflow rule, callout, crmservice, ...

Running a query in SSIS thwn importing Excel spreadsheets
I've just been learning SSIS to import Excel 2003 spreadsheets into SQL Server 2005, and so far, so good. I want to take my use of SSIS to the next level, so to speak, and could use some help. Here's the scenario: I've got spreadsheet data representing names that must be consolidated. As can happen with so many businesses, at my workplace, there's a big effort underway to correct and consolidate names that may have been entered many different ways over the years, in several different systems. Now that the systems are being unified, we must have corrected, ...

Subtracting times..confused
Quick question: How do I properly enter times to produce a "correct" result? For example, trying to figure out the hours worked by various employees. Finish time - start time For example, 11 Am -8 am results in 3 AM, I want this to result in 3 hours. Is this a formatting issue? Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Tim hey Tim, you can change the format of the cell to just an hour with out the AM or PM. so - 8 AM - 5 AM will give you just 3:00 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet...

Using excel as a time clock
How can I make excel work as a time clock. I want to have a spreadsheet showing, for example, someone works from 10:32A.M. until 7:32P.M. I need a formula column saying how many hours this totaled. Help and thank you. XL stores times as fractional days (e.g., 3:00 = 0.125), so you can add and subtract, with the caveat that at midnight 0.999.. (23:59:59.. or 11:59:59..PM) becomes 0, so you need to account for the change. One way: A1: 10:32 AM A2: 7:32 PM A3: =A2-A1 ==> 8:00 when A3 is formatted as h:mm If the times may span midnight, use: A3: =MOD(A2-A1,1)...

Date/Time Macro Puzzle
Hi, everyone-- Here is a macro that deposits the date and time into a cell, but which = is=20 supposed to pop up a warning box when the time is after 5:00PM: Sub NewDateAndTime() Dim mPrompt As String Dim mBoxStyle As Long Dim mTitle As String Dim mMsg As Variant mPrompt =3D "It's after 5:00 PM! Click OK to enter time, but please = remember=20 to enter TOTAL HOURS WORKED TONIGHT in the yellow box at right.=20 Thanks!" mBoxStyle =3D 64 mTitle =3D "AFTER-HOURS ENTRY" With ActiveCell .Value =3D Now .NumberFormat =3D "mm/dd/yy h:mm AM/PM" If Now...

Text manipulation in update query
I want to compare two tables, in order to update fields in either table. The fields that I am matching on are text. Table 1 field key_num xxx-1234567-8_nn Table 2 field key_num xxx12345678 How can I parse out the hyphens and the _nn portion, so I can match on the fields? Mid([table1],1,13) Start at the 1st character and show the next 13. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "Tony in Michigan" wrote: > I want to compare two tables, in order to update fields in either table. The > fields that I am matching on are text. > Table 1 field key_...

windows 2007 cannot find queries or forms
I used to go to windows unhide to find my list of queries to modify. Now we are updated to 2007 and I cannot find this on the ribbon bar to check items in an updated database You can show the database window by clicking F11 and then F11 to sort of hide it again. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. __________________________________ "Cynthia" wrote: > I used to go to windows unhide to find my list of queries to modify. > Now we are updated to ...

Help with SQL Query Update Prior Transaction item Cost
Hi can any one tell me how to update past transactions item cost so my historical P&L reports are correct. Currently any items with 0 cost show up as 100% profit it looks like my profit is much higher then it really is there a way to export all 0 cost items into excel fix cost prices then update data base with SQL query imported from excel please explain how to do this Thanks Al What cost are you going to use? Are you just going to use the current cost? Do you need the date of the transaction to use to look up manual records? Here is a select query that will show you how many re...

online time out
Is there some way to change the time out value Mny03 used to determine when to stop waiting for an institution to reply? It is an annoyingly long time. Quiting / cancel never works (Win98SE). I could plow through ini's and the registry but maybe someone here knows. arthur In microsoft.public.money, Arthur wrote: >Is there some way to change the time out value Mny03 used to determine >when to stop waiting for an institution to reply? It is an annoyingly >long time. Quiting / cancel never works (Win98SE). I could plow >through ini's and the registry but maybe s...

Excel 2000 Web query imports incomplete hyperlink info
Hello, Would anyone know why Excel 2000 chops off the end of certain hyperlink addresses imported by web query? In this particular case, the hyperlink starts with 'javascript:'. I was surprised to see this behaviour as the same thing works fine in Excel 2003. Thanks in advance, Peter Hi Peter, Could you give a wee example so we know what you are working with. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Peter ...

need help with msquery query
i am using access 2000 database and an excel 2000 spreadsheet. the access data base also has linked tables to a SQLAnywhere database. the data that i need to pull comes from both a native access table and a linked table to the SQLAnywhere database. when just pulling data from the access table, using parameters to limit the data, i get the data that i selected. when i create a new query using both the data from the access table and the SQLAnywhere table, i am getting way too much data. The parameters from the msquery seem to not be working. can someone help me with this? ...

Querying XMLDocument.
Well i am quite a novice to Xquery/Xpath.I have my data in XML which i load into the XMLDocument and Dataset and subsequently bind the dataset to the datagrid. The data with hierarchy is well displayed in the grid.Now i need to introduce filters for better analysis.I tried using Xpath query / XpathExpression / Xpath Navigator but however i am not able bind the filter data as a datasource to another datagrid. Could some one suggest a better way to go about so that i could query on the XMLDocument & subsequetly use the queried result as a datasource to the datagrid. ...

Day of the month on which accounts will be closed
Hello: Specify 2 or more date of the month on which accounts will be closed. Example: Customer closing day 10 Customer closing Weekly (15) Customer closing End OF The Month (30) Thanks, Wilfredo ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com...

edit of oqy
I'm trying to edit an olap query to add more data to the query, but I go into pivot table wizard and the edit button is greyed-out so I cannot edit. Anyone any ideas? is this a feature? Thanks Hugh ...

Using time functions to give a warning
Hi In cell I14 I need to put a formula which says 'Open' when the PC clock is between 8 am and 4.30 pm , and 'Closed' when the PC clock is later than 4.30 pm. Can someone help with the code , please? thanks. Hi, Try this =if(and(time(8,0,0)<=now(),time(16,30,0)>=now()),"Open","Closed"). This will not auto update. You will have to press F9 to update -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP www.ashishmathur.com "Colin Hayes" <Colin@chayes.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:656VvXAJZ6SLFwD9@ch...

Hours Disappearing in Previous Time Periods in My Tasks
Hello! I am having an issue where submitted hours do not appear in the My Task web part for previous time periods. We are using MOPS 2007 (fully patched EXCEPT for Feb. 2010 CU) with timesheets turned OFF. The issue does not affect every user. From what I have seen, when it is working properly the previously submitted hours that live in the work plan should populate when a user clicks the "Previous" button. Many of my users do not see any values when they click "Previous". I haven't been able to dig anything on this up and I would like to figure this o...

Multiple domains in Query-based Distribution List
Hi Everyone I would like to find out if/how it is possible to setup a query-based DL with the following: Include: All users with email address @domain1.com **OR** all users @domain2.com I know you can add multiple domains/email addresses but what it effectivley does is look for All users with email address @domain1.com **AND** all users @domain2.com i.e The object has to satisfy both the criteria. I need a DL that picks up the users if they satisfy either/or. Your assistance is greatly appreciated Regards Here's a response I gave to a similar issue that was posted a few days ago ...

Macros and Queries
I have someone who has queries and macros on a spreadsheet and they would like to get those on someone else's computer for that person to use as well. How do you transfer those to another computer to use in another spreadsheet? Thanks in Advance, Trisha ...

Run-time Error 6 when Calculating Physical Inventory #2
Any ideas? tried reindexing and checking for gross large quantities. thanks dave ...

Dates Stored with incorrect Date&Time
When inserted/updated a date field in the contact form the date displayed (correct) is different from the date stored in the database (that is incorrect). Example: BirthDate (default crm field) : value introduced in the form: 18/04/2005 BirthDate (default crm field) : value stored in the contactbase table: 17/04/2005 23:00:00 We have MS CRM installed in a SBS2003 Server. All clents Clients and the SBS2003 Server have the Date&Time = (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time (Lisbon, London,...) Could anyone help me? Thank you!! vagg All datetime values are stored in GMT, so there will always be...