Append Query 10-29-07

Does an append query need exclusive rights to the destination table to write
to it, or can the destination table be in use?

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:50:02 -0700, Ryan Tisserand
<RyanTisserand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Does an append query need exclusive rights to the destination table to write
>to it, or can the destination table be in use?

It can be in use.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
10/30/2007 2:00:21 AM
Thank you for your response, you saved me alot of testing time.

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:50:02 -0700, Ryan Tisserand
> <RyanTisserand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Does an append query need exclusive rights to the destination table to write
> >to it, or can the destination table be in use?
>
> It can be in use.
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

Where is the Keep Text Formatting feature located in Word 07
I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I have been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm trying to rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all other document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks. Are you referring to a Keep Text Formatting feature in an earlier version of Word? I wonder whether what you're looking for is "Paste Unformatted," since you seem to be saying you _don...

test 05-11-10
hiiiiiiiiiiiiii ...

Conver Numbers to Log 10
How do I convert column of numbers (n=3000) to log 10 column of numbers? Assuming that your column is column A, one way: In an unused column, enter =LOG(A1) and copy down 3000 cells. Copy the column, choose column A and choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values radio button. In article <0CDE6301-FC9C-488C-9D9F-3AD26B46EFCE@microsoft.com>, "Fishfan" <Fishfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I convert column of numbers (n=3000) to log 10 column of numbers? ...

Calling VBA subroutine from a query?
Can I call a VBA subroutine from within an Access query? I wrote some English to Metric conversion routines in the Access VBA code and would like to run a query on the data that will return coverted values. I need to be able to execute this from outside the database (run the query from another program). Yes. The function must be a Public Function in a standard module. You use a calculated control to return the results of the query. ConvertedValue: MyFunction([SomeField]) -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "DavidY" wrote: > Can I call a VBA subroutine from within an ...

Custom Report 03-19-10
There is no way for me to run a report on Buydown Pricing, is there anyone who has a report for this option? If not, can someone write a custom report for it, and how much might something like this run me? I would like it to do something like buydown quantity greater/less/equal and same for buydown price... please contact me at nagarra @ yahoo . com or respond here with your contact info! -- Thank You Vince :) ...

WLM Stopped working 02-20-10
I'm running Vista Home Premium, SP2, 2 GB of RAM, Firefox, WLM, all WU's current. I was in WLM mail newsgroups earlier today and things just stopped. WLM stopped responding. Now I cannot log into WLM. It used to log into window Live by itself (password and all) from my desktop icon, but now the only thing that happens when I try to open my WLM app window is I'm taken to IE (7). Then when when I try to sign in Windows live it won't do it. I've already ran SAS, MBAM, CCleaner and Avira in Safe mode but found nothing. Then I did a system restore back to a fe...

Button on Form to Run Report based on Query with Parameters
Hi Guys. I am busy working on a stock control database (and job control). When I have a Form Open, it shows several fields, including JobID (Which is the PK for that job) (frm_Invoicing) I also have a Query that when Run, it prompts for the JobIDNo. (qry_CustJobsInvStock) I have a report based on that query. (rpt_CustJobsInvStock) I have added a button onto the form (onclick -> DoCmd.OpenReport) to open and automatically print the report, But I just cannot figure out how to get it to get my JobID from the form, and to Automatically add it as a Parameter for the que...

Email server 02-13-10
The smtp outgoing email with VISTA cannot be authenicated. Vista is not an e-mail client. Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Charles" <Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62A2017F-A531-4E34-89CC-7FE3BD9849F0@microsoft.com... > The smtp outgoing email with VISTA cannot be authenicated. ...

Identities 06-28-10
I had wanted to set up a separate identify to get my work e-mail as Windows Mail, rather than the webmail from my ISP; didn't know until after completing the process that Windows Mail combined both personal and work e-mail into one account. If I "undo" it, popup says I'll lose all of my work e-mail. How can I save it and undo the dual identities? -- mikezot Undo what? Windows Mail doesn't have identities. (boilerplate reply) You can add multiple accounts, via Tools - Accounts - Add, but Windows Mail doesn't have identities or a password option.......

User login failed on the customized VBA project after GP 10 upgrad
After GP 10 upgrade, I am getting the login failed error for all useers who tried on working on my customized Dynamics VBA project. Error # -2147217843: Login failed for user 'sa'. Procedure: frmDateEntry - cmdProcess_Click Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Thanks for help. Kevin Kevin, You might need to re look at your connection in VBA -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Kevin Zhou" wrote: > After GP 10 upgrade, I am getting the login failed error for all useers who > tried on working on my customized Dynamic...

Customization 10-13-04
I want to add a field "Company" to my contact information. I have entered a new field called "Company" in the attributes of the schema "Contacts" and it is listed there as "CFSCompany" as a string. I then went to customization in crm settings and edited the "Contact" fields by removing "Middle Name" and adding "Company". I then save this new layout. However when I go to "New Contact" the "Company" field is not there and "Middle Name" is still there. What step am I missing to publish this...

How to have margin-left: 10%; margin-right: 10%; only sometimes??
My website is created so that the width is not fixed. I adapt to the width of the browser. If I have a page of text I do something like: <div style=" margin-left: 10%; margin-right: 10%;"> so the text is set off by margins. That's nice on my monitor's 1600 pixel wide screen. But on a laptop (or as a user option) I'd like to change that to no margins. Can you suggest a way of doing that without having two .css files? Thanks On May 16, 10:25=A0pm, " Cal Who" <CalWhoNOS...@roadrunner.com> wrote: > My website is c...

Matching Zip coded in a Query
I have query that joins two tables using the Zip Codes (only show the records where the Zip codes match). The problem is that in one table, the listing of zip codes, it is 5 digit zip codes. In the main table some of the zip codes are 5+4 zip codes. My current query leave out the 5+4 Zip codes. I want all the records as long as the 5 digit zip codes matches. I quess I could delete the - and the last 4 digits on the main table, but it would be nice to retain the whole zip codes. Is there a way to do this? Thanks!!!!! Use Left(MainTableZipCodeField,5) to compare to the original ...

OUTLOOK CONTACTS #10
hi everybody! my Outlook contact list isn't populated when i create a new message, address list is blank Bill, What version of Outlook are you working with ? Are you connecting to your ISP's mail server , an Exchange server , or some other type of transport ? Here is the support article for Outlook 2000 which deals with this issue: 197907 OL2000: (CW) Contact Information Does Not Appear in Address Book http://support.microsoft.com/?id=197907 -- Hope that helps!! Thank you! Sincerely, Chris Lineback, MCSE Microsoft Enterprise Messaging Support - Please do not send email dire...

hyperlink 03-15-07
Hi all,In the click event of a button,i have input the following code:If [Language] = "Greek" Then Command48.HyperlinkAddress = "\\10.43.0.132\Company\MSKB\Auto Reply\Greek.doc"If [Language] = "Hebrew" Then Command48.HyperlinkAddress = "\\10.43.0.132\Company\MSKB\Auto Reply\Hebrew.doc"Now i need urgently that if [language] is something else other than "greek" or "hebrew" the hyperlink is deleted.. On Mar 15, 4:18 pm, Pietro <Pie...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:> Hi all,> In the click event of a button,i have input the ...

Queries and reports in access Need help please
Hello everyone , I have a little issue to setup a database. I created a table with approximately 20 columns. The columns have an entry of Yes or no base on a questionnaire from survey. What can I do to get a result of my table I would like to know how many "Yes" and "no" I have. I don't know how to add them or get this information. Thanks in advance GABRIEL Gabriel, The first answer to your question is that your table structure is not really the best for this situation, and it will be a lot easier if you can set it up differently. Is your database design set in ...

union queries
I need to build a query which combine records from a number of similar tables. Building a union query works great with "normal" records. Problem is, these tables contain attachments in some fields and MS ACCESS 2007 treat these fields as multi-value fields and does not allow building APPEND or UNION queries with multi-value fields. I am so frustrated with this, because I would like to base my searches and some other queries on this. PLEEEESe help Cheers Dawie Theron On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 05:54:01 -0800, Dawie Theron <DawieTheron@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Query repeated values
Hello everyone. Sorry for such a newbie doubt, but since my Access and SQL experience is a bit “trial and error” I don’t even know what to search for here in the forums that so I can help myself. I have two tables A and B. First table has people’s NAMES field. Marc Wilson Andrea Smart Francis Junior Second table has a field with people’s ABILITIES but some are repeated: WORD – Marc Wilson WORD – Andrea Smart EXCEL – Francis Junior COREL – Andrea Smart COREL – Andrea Smart I’m trying to build a query to point out the duplicated lines, in this case: COREL – Andrea Smart ...

How to mail merge multiple rows in one document 03-11-10
Hi, I have a worksheet that lists subscribers of a service. It looks something like this: Organization Name Title Email ACME CO. Smith, Sam CEO ssmith@acme.com ACME CO. Jones, Bill Staff bjones@acme.com Each organization has one president and multiple staff members listed (between 1 and 5 staff members). I want to email each president, through mail merge, and give them a list of all the current subscribers from their organization (data from other rows in the worksheet). Is this possible to do (using Office 2...

2 queries, a date range and a report?!
I'm pretty much a novice access user, and am designing my DB with the frequent assistance of these forums. However I'm now trying to do something that I can't find any reference to - Can anyone advise? I have a report that is to be printed from a form using a print control button. The report consists of 2 queries which look up 2 different types of "item" by date range. I want to be able to prompt the user once for the start and end date. If I put a start/end request on both of the queries, then the user has to enter the dates twice, and when you choose...

Some queries of User Interface Thread
Hello All Recently I started working on User Interface thread , But certain things are quite confusing. Hope I will get some clarification from all of you. 1: The thread does not receive user message sent by PostThreadMessage when I am doing some lengthy operation in Run() method (overrided Run() function ) , Can you tell me why it is so ? I have written a handler for user defined message, But it's of no use when I am doing lengthy operation in Run(). 2: I read that the Run() function provides a default message loop for user interface thread. How Run() function works internally ? How it...

Wretched Queries!!!!!!
Hi,In my database each entry has several scores assigned to it (fordifferent attributes). Each score is in the 1 -4 range.I would like to construct a query that will select those entries thathave even so much as a single attribute that scores below a 4 and, ifpossible, only return the attributes that fell below standard (4).The database will have each employee (entry) assessed on a dozen or sodifferent attributes, each of which will be rated with a score of 1 -4. I would like to be able to find out which employees had a score inany attribute below 4 and which attributes those were, and only th...

Data Not Displayed in Query
I have a ODBC query built to pull data from a table in Access and linked to another database table. The query seems to work fine to compare data from the two tables, however there are a few blank fields displayed in the query. I cannot figure out why these fields are blank as there is data in the second table. If I try to enter data it dings and wont let me. It is obviously there, but it not being displayed in the query. Any ideas on a fix would be greatlu appreciated. What is the data type of the blank fields? There's some things that Access can't handle. Is...

Help needed with IIF in my query
I have several fields in my database that are date fields. The data type in my table for these is date/time and formatted as short date. In my query (I'll use one field as my example here). The result I want is if there is a date in the field then say Y for yes, or N for no. Pretty simple. I don't know why I keep getting a data type mismatch in criteria expression error. The fields in my table are date fields and formatted as short date. Is there something wrong with my IIF or can you suggest a better syntax to use. Please let me know. Thanks. Here is my formula: IIf([M...

Data QUERY Data Extract
We are switching from QP to Excel. I will need to do a query and extract the data to another sheet in the notebook what I have now looks like Data Query Roll A3...h200 Criteria (changes often/contains header) Deposit C1...C10 Extract to Sheet A3..G10 is there somethiung similar? I keep getting hit on external data extraction but this is all in house sort of speak ...