append query 03-03-08

i am trying to append from one table (NewItems) to another(Main), but get an
error saying it can't append 975 [of 4000] records due to key violations. The
target table (Main)has a composite primary key made of date and itemnumber.
All the items to be added have a new date that doesn't exist in Main. The
append query is left joined on NewItems ItemNumber, so that all records from
NewItems table should go into Main table.

What am i not seeing? Why are 975 items being rejected?

thanks.

doh! i was using an expression to add , so i had to use a max query instead
of the Main table.

Hope this helps someone.

"patti" wrote:

> i am trying to append from one table (NewItems) to another(Main), but get an
> error saying it can't append 975 [of 4000] records due to key violations. The
> target table (Main)has a composite primary key made of date and itemnumber.
> All the items to be added have a new date that doesn't exist in Main. The
> append query is left joined on NewItems ItemNumber, so that all records from
> NewItems table should go into Main table.
>

> What am i not seeing? Why are 975 items being rejected?
>
> thanks.

ISV.config query
Hi, Im not a programmer and have limited experience with coding etc. However I wish to add a button to the account page/form via the isv config file. I want this button to get the website address of the company from the form and then use it to open the company website in a new window. Could anyone give me an indication of how to do this or even a sample bit of code...? This would be very helpful Thanks in advance Hi, The easiest way is probably for you to take a look in the isv.config file and just copy and paste. The test.gif and the url is just an example! Here is an example of...

cannot send email 03-17-10
changed to vista and now use wireless stick, email comes in but won't send, have i got something set up wrong? The host 'smpt.sasktel.net' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'drummonds', Account: 'mail.sasktel.net (1)', Server: 'smpt.sasktel.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 80, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D Note this: 'smpt.sasktel.net' In WinMail | Tools | Accounts | Mail Account | Properties Servers. Change it to smtp.sasktel.net. You've got...

Unable to bring back all results from table with query
For a uni assignment we have a designated query that we have to create. But when I run the query, I get one result returned to me. I should have two returned to me, as I have two records in the Problem table. The SQL is:- SELECT Problem.[Problem Number], User.[User ID], User.[User Name], User.[Job Title], User.Email, User.[Telephone No], Asset.[Asset Code No], Problem.[Problem Description], Problem.[Current Activity Log], Problem.[Solution Description] FROM [User] INNER JOIN ((Asset INNER JOIN Problem ON Asset.[Asset Code No] = Problem.[Asset Code No]) INNER JOIN [Contact Log]...

DSum 01-10-08
Im using a DSum function on my form to total a column in a query. However, when there are no records that meet the criteria, the DSum field is blank. How can I make it show a 0 instead of just an empty textbox?? You can probably wrap the whole expression in the Nz function: Nz(DSum("SomeField","SomeTable"),0) It would have helped had you posted the actual expression. "Tray" <Tray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6346868D-AEB8-4C02-9425-C67C6AFB0879@microsoft.com... > Im using a DSum function on my form to total a column in a query. Ho...

Maximum word length 03-30-10
What is the maximum number of words I can have in a MS Word document (2007)? Does the Word function suffer when its size rises above a certain word length? If so, what is the limit under which I can use the Word without a problem associated with the size? Thanks. Supposedly you can have 32 Mb of text (not graphics etc.) in one file. You can't even _count_ how many words that would be! On Mar 30, 3:45=A0pm, Clarendon <Claren...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What is the maximum number of words I can have in a MS Word document (200= 7)? > Does the Wo...

get value from a query /set a variable for a report
I put this question in the forms area -- it is a form/report problem. - don't mean to double post, but I should have put it in this area instead. sorry! hello, I have a report that shows the detail for 3 different values of a field named "TransType": (values: pmt, adj, act). The name, date, and TransType fields are set via a form. In the report, I want the detail to show for the chosen TransType(s), name, and date. AND I want a total of the "ADJ" records for the specified name and date to show in a field in the footer. strDocName = "Sales for 1 month&...

INSERT / UPDATE Query in same operation
Hi This is a backend database for .NET application Table1 is a linked table to a text file on the network, which is updated from an ERP system. Table2 is the table my application uses when the PC is offline. I want to update Table2 with Table1 on those rows who exist in both tables, and insert the new rows from Table1 into Table2, in the same SQL call. Is it possible at all? Regards JensB No. However you could put both queries in a macro or code and they would run so fast that you wouldn't know the difference. You could even Set Warnings off before the first quer...

crosstab query question 01-26-08
I'm using A 2000. I've created a crosstab query that finds data based on a date range that I supply just before opening it. The query will add or remove columns depending on that date range, and it will label the top of the column with the appropriate dates.The query works perfectly. One of the fields in the query is a UserName. I want to be able to double click the Username, and have it open a form and go to that Username's record. Of course, queries don't have events like a form does. So I don't see any way to open my filtered form from a record in the query. If I base...

CrossTab Query that shows original data (text)
I am a scheduler and would like to build a pivot table in Excel or a Cross Tab Query in Access that shows the data in its original form (text) instead of calculating the count, sum, avg., etc. Row headings would have member’s names. Column headings would have times. Data items would be the name of the assignment. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Jim G You can use a text field for the Value of a crosstab with FIRST or LAST or MIN or MAX. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.h...

Query of External Data
I'm using a ODBC connection to query a oracle database. If I refresh a query and email the file to the intended recipients, I can limit what they can see by changing the query to include/exclude certaing markets. Is there a way that I can set up the query so the recipient cannot edit the query and have access to all the data...? Or is there a way to disconnect the query from the excel file, this way the query could never be refreshed to the database. We could email them the file daily, but they wouldn't be able to refresh or change the query(to view markets they normally ...

Median 06-08-07
I'm using the following function which I found on another site. Public Function DMedian(FieldName As String, _ TableName As String, _ Optional Criteria As Variant) As Double On Error GoTo Err_DMedian 'Returns the median of a given field in a given table. 'Returns -1 if no recordset is created Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim strSQL As String Dim RowCount As Long Dim LowMedian As Double, HighMedian As Double 'Open a recordset on the table. Set db = CurrentDb strSQL = "SELECT " ...

Installation Question 03-21-05
Hi everyone, I have a MSCRM installation on Small Business Server SBS (1 machine installation), I want to change to the medium installation (3 servers: Active Directory server, MSCRM server, Exchange server). is that possible? how can I do it? Thanks. From what I understand, there is an "upgrade" license you can purchase that allows you to "upgrade" the SQL & Exchange licenses so that they don't run on the SBS box. Another option is to purchase a seperate SQL license and leave the version on the SBS server for other usage. Then, once you get SQL setup, there ar...

Business Units 03-08-05
I have an organization with a top level Organization and the 4 subsidiary B U’s. This is all set up in CRM and the CEO can see leads across all BU's. The problem that I am having is that a sales manager can also see all leads through out the organization also ie, leads that they do not own and have not been assigned to them. The sales manager BU is set so that members can only see (read) the leads in their own business unit. Structure – Organization – CEO Business Unit A – sales manager A Business Unit B– sales manager B Business Unit C– sales manager C Business Unit D– sales...

running query
Hello, I was trying to create a chunk of code like follows: Dim qry As DAO.QueryDef 'the actual query to be generated Dim qryName As String 'the name given to the query sql = "SELECT * INTO AppendAllFields FROM [some table];" Set qry = db.CreateQueryDef(qryName, sql) DoCmd.OpenQuery (qryName) where qryname is alr. defined. When I wronf it, it kept giving me the error on the DoCmd line saying that runtime error 3001, invalid argument.... Anyone could help? Thanks! On 27 Apr 2007 11:09:43 -0700, azhu.uwaterloo@gmail.com wrote: >Hello, >I was trying to create a ch...

Append to an existing spreadsheet
How can I append one line or more from one excel spreadsheet to another one, not by copying and paste? Thanks galsaba galsaba, Retyping? Aside from copying and pasting, that's about it. Even a VBA solution must copy and paste. Kevin "Galsaba" <galsaba@aol.com> wrote in message news:20030921133717.06003.00001199@mb-m07.aol.com... > How can I append one line or more from one excel spreadsheet to another one, > not by copying and paste? > > Thanks > galsaba Do you mean something like =Sheet2!A1 typed into a cell on Sheet1? Bernard "Galsaba"...

leading zeros 03-05-08
I have a table with a list bldg numbers some are 3 characters and others are 4 characters, the question is how can I place the leading zeros before each bldg number for example I have a building 100 it needs to be 00100 or 01200 how can I make access do this for me? Thanks for your support -- Robb In the table, you can do so by changing the field to text. The number 0100 is simply stated as 100. If the leading zeros are important, then it is not a "number" as far as Access is concerned. Numeric fields are used primarily if you will be doing math on the numbers. Will you ...

print query prompts in report header when no data to report
a report which uses a Query with prompts(expr1: xyz) and other criteria selects no records. The report header prints, but (expr1) which is a field in the header is blank. I want the prompts to print in the header even when no data is found. http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=6763 If you use references to controls on forms, the values will always be available even if the query returns no records. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm "ConfusedCraig" wrote: > a report wh...

CrossTab Query
I have two questions regarding setting up a new "small" Access 2007 database. First off, I'm new to designing databases, so I may not ask my questions using the correct terms. I do want to learn how to do this the right way, so please correct my terms so I can speak your language. Below is a sample of the data that will be used. The data consists of type, items, years, and amounts. The amounts values are "totals" as seen below, and are either number, percentage or currency. There can be some Null values, where the number is not known. Type Item ...

Outlook error message 03-10-10
Outlook 2007 error messages sending and receiving mail: (0x8007000E): Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again. Nothing else is open or running. I have restarted, but still cannot send or receive messages in Outlook. Please help! Do a google search on: "0x8007000E" (quotes excluded) - no shortage of results identifying possible causes and solutions that worked for different people. Not a "one size fits all" answer to the problem. One of many starting points: http://office-outlook.com/outlook-forum/index.php/m...

Query 03-03-08
Let me preface my question by stating that I do not like Microsoft Office 2007 at all. With that being said, here is my question... I have a form that I need to add a record source to. I have tried using a table and a query, but when I try to save it, it won't save any of my fields that I have added. I've also had this happen in a report. Why won't it save and is there anything I can do to make it save? "save it" save what? The form? A form doesn't have "fields", it has controls that can be bound to fields. If you enter values into bound controls, ...

.net Web Service on WSS 03?
We want to create a web service to write files to our NAS box. Can a .net Web Service run on Windows Storage Server 2003? ...

Linking access tables, querys
Hi! My next job is to create one single page with multiple information, as access table records and querys. Can I do it on an excel sheet? It doesn't have to be dynamic, just needs to collect multiple information (which I wasn't able to do in an access report) Thank you for any help You can create a report, with unrelated subreports, in Access. If you provide some detail on what you want to do in Excel, someone may be able to help. Beatrix wrote: > Hi! > > My next job is to create one single page with multiple information, as > access table records and querys. &g...

eResources 08-09-04
Hi I am having trouble locating the 'eResources' menu item on my 1.2 installation! I seem to remember when I installed 1.0 that it appeared as a menu item at the top of the Contact & Account detail screens. Is there a switch somewhere to turn it on, or have things changed in 1.2 (This is a UK installation) Thanks for any help Pete I don't remember seeing it on 1.0, May be it was your custom link created or a ISV product installed in your 1.0 installation. -Qureshi "Pete" wrote: > Hi > > I am having trouble locating the 'eResources' menu...

Help w/Query
I am trying to build a query based on 2 tables. Main Table has Entry#, Date, Location, Product1, Amount1. Product Table has ProductID, Content, and Catagory. I am trying to add the Content and Catagory for the product that is selected in the main table. Because later on i need to sum up the amount of product in each catagory. So far i have an append query with the tables i need. I have a join between product1 and productID where all records from main table and only records from Product Table where those are equal. When i run the query i get product1 listed for every content and cat...

query two tables, changing font of changes?
Hi, I'm quite the novice, but is there a way to build a query to compare table a and table b and only return table a with the differences from b in red font? or something similar? (I am having to find the changes needed in a database by device sn, ex: location, ip address updates etc...) if I have two tables one being an extract from my db and one from all the new info, can i produce a "needed changes" query with red fonts representing the changes needed? I hope i wasn't too confusing.. Thanks! Michelle On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 16:45:01 -0800, michelle1...