Append data from external database

I need to import data from a live table in one database to a table in another
database. The data I am importing is not indexed. I would like to be able to
import this data into my table that is indexed. My table is indenticle
structure except for the indexes.
I only need to refresh my table intermittently, so I delete all the records
from my table  and append all the records including the most current records
from the live table  to my table. I am using a link to the live table. When I
attempted the append I received an error "invalid argument." Is there a way
to handle this without having to copy the table into my database and adding
the indexes everytime? There is a lot of data in the table so it takes quite
a while.

Mail-merge dynamic database source
I have created a mail-merge that gets its input from Excel via OLEDB. Each month it needs to get the input from a spreadsheet in a folder specific to that month. Moreover, although I create and test the merge on my pc, I distribute it to others who have a different naming convention for their folders. Once I save my merge document, the source folder is saved with it. [Although I have examined the merge document carefully, and can't find any clear text reference to the database. Does anyone know how that info is stored?] I know that if the database doesn't exist when th...

Internal and external IP email servers
here is my problem: Our office email server is assigned a fixed external IP: 63.203.X.X I set up Outlook to look on that server IP and it correctly gets it's email. When I am in the office network instead i cannot "see" the 63.203.X.X IP address and instead have to use it's internal IP address of 10.0.0.10. I thus have two email account's. I am not a techie, but i am slightly conversant in NAT and firewall setup if that is the problem. Can you suggest ways of seeing the external IP address from inside the network? Coppernob wrote: > here is my problem: > > ...

Forwarding e-mail to external account
My boss wan't his mailbox to also be forwarded to his friend . how can i do that from exchangeserver. Many thanx robel wrote: > My boss wan't his mailbox to also be forwarded to his > friend . how can i do that from exchangeserver. > > Many thanx Hi, you have to create a "contact" in AD users... This contact must be "mail-enabled" to give it the "distant e-mail" and have it to appear in the global list. Selecting the boss mailbox, you will be able to select the contact in "delivery" configuration. A check box will also let you s...

Clear content cells with external link
I have a workbook with a lot of external links. What I'd like to do is to create a simple VBA code to find cells with external link, and then clear content them. Does anyone know how to do this ? Thanks Hey Diego, You have 5 posts to 2 different NG's asking this same question. Have some patience and please do not double, or quintuple, post. tim "diego" <porno_abis@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:06c201c3561c$7e0adce0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > > I have a workbook with a lot of external links. What I'd > like to do is to create a simple VBA code to fi...

import data from Oracle database into Excel using vba
Has anyone an example of importing data from an Oracle database into Excel using VBA? ...

Find a Item & Copy the Data
Can someone please help me? I've got a huge SAP generated Parts List from overseas which I need to find a unique number in column A. (Sheet1) There are 10 columns and in excess of 55,000 rows This SAP Text number is comprised of 18 fixed digits (eg: 000000065202255411). However the number itself is variable with leading zero's (eg: 000000000063060003), and anything in between if you follow my drift. My problem is I need to verify each customer's price and purchase cost from this data sheet. I've managed to automate most of the process but I can't return the...

Added data in columns
I am new to Excel. I have a project I am working on in which I have a column with a value from 1 to 5. Each number (and in some columns letters) represents a different answer. Is there a way to add the total number of each value? For instance I have over 2000 rows with data. In column "N", an answer can be either 1,2,3,4 or 5. How would I figure out how many answers are "1", how many are "2" an so on. Likewise there is a column with a yes/no answer. How can I see the total number of Yes's and how many No's there are? I appreciate any help. Hi ...

Merge Data
I would like to compare quotes and orders for clients. On both QUOTE and INVOICE sheets within workbook I have following columns headings which are identical: QUOTE: COLUMN H = CLIENT COLUMN I = 2007 COLUMN J = 2008 COLUMN K = 2009 INVOICE: COLUMN H = CLIENT COLUMN I = 2007 COLUMN J = 2008 COLUMN K = 2009 The rows do not correspond with each other between 2 tabs. However, I would like it to combine data i.e. CLIENT will be merged where duplicated and then in columns will be 2007, 2008, 2009 quoted and invoiced. Is it possible to automatically merge and populate this in order to calculate ...

Locking data #2
Hi, Is there any way that once a user has clicked a button or entered data into a cell it is locked in an equivalent cell? For example in Cell B1 formula =A1 in Cell A1 = 5 If the 5 becomes 6 then so will B1. But is there anyway, that by using a formula or short onClick code I can make it so that B1 remains 5 even if A1 changes. Thanks Antony ...

Offline Database #2
Hi When configure de database offline . The Database Offline is backup to the Database Primary or is better create a new Database from black. Thanks . create a new database from Blank. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information. itjavi@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi > When configure de database offline . The Database Offline is backup to the > Database Primary or is better creat...

Linking a large database
Hello Access Experts, I'm trying to split some data (between Rural and Urban readings) into seperate tabs (Orig all in Urban Tab). The requirements between Urban and Rural is filtered differently, so I have to create diff Tables and Forms for rural. I'm trying to copy the format of the Urban tab and just eliminate and append approperiate data for the Rural tab. For the Urban Tab, I have a filter where it sorts the data from Business Unit --> District --> Plant # --> CP Area. I'm trying to do the same for the Rural Tab, except to link Business Unit --> District --> P...

Best way to view demographic data?
I've just received a spreadsheet with 3 columns and about 150 rows. The data includes Gender, Age & Marital Status, which really is a lot of info. Is there an easy (or not easy) way to view the data in relevant terms? For example, how many males / females between the age of 35 - 45 are single, or divorced, or widowed, etc... I can think of at least a 1/2 dozen ways I'd like to view the data. Certainly there's a better way than sorting it each time for a different view? Thanks, David... Seems to me, this is the perfect reason to use charts. ******************* ~A...

Pulling data out of a large database
I am trying to build a file to pull information from a larger database and put it into summary file. I would like to be able to use criteria like >15 months and % range <100 to pull information about products from a larger database. A single row of data would have multiple columns. I need to be able to pull the entire row of data, that corresponds to the criteria, to the summary sheet. I hope this makes sense. Thanks Dave, You need to make an ODBC connection to the database and use MSQuery to query the data. Click on Data, Import External Data, New Database Query. In the...

Update dynamically appended MDI menu
I am trying to dynamically append a menu to MDI Doc/View's menu. Everything is ok except that the menu doesn't get refreshed till I move/minimize (etc.) the main App's window. Kindly suggest as to how to make it visible as soon as the child window gets visible. Seems AfxGetApp()->m_pMainWnd->UpdateWindow(); isn't working either :o( CMenu *pMainMenu = AfxGetApp()->m_pMainWnd->GetMenu(); // Assuming that we have a qualified CMenu object pointer // called 'pChildMenu', let's append it to the main menu: pMainMenu->AppendMenu(MF_STRING|MF_POPUP , (int...

Known Issue Data Migration Wizard for Microsoft
Hi all hoping someone can clarify the following: "Known Issues with the Data Migration Wizard for Microsoft Outlook with Business Contact Manager" point that sticks out in the documentation and in my long hours of reading online namely: "The link between activities and parent accounts and contacts is not preserved during migration. If you have accounts or contacts in Microsoft Outlook with Business Contact Manager that have activities, such as tasks or appointments, associated with them, when you migrate the data to Microsoft CRM, the activities are not associated wit...

Search an Excel file for Data...How?
Hello and Good day, Simple question...is there a way to search all the cells inside ever worksheet of an Excel File? For instance: I have an excel file that contains phone numbers and there are SEPERAT worksheets that contain all the numbers of a particular category suc as Family, Friends etc.. How can I, from any of the worksheets within the Excel File, search fo a specific name? I know how to do a search on a worksheet when it is the one open an displayed (Macintosh: Command (Open Apple) F) but want to search ENTIR FILE from one page. Please hel -- Message posted from http://www.Excel...

Pivot Table Data Source
Where in 2007 can I change the data source for a pivot table to look at the first pivot table I created (instead of looking directly at the raw data sheet)? ...

excel data based on a OLAP cube
Using Office Web components to display the contents of an OLAP cube there is a facility to extract the view as an Excel snapshot offline. When doing this the option is available to Disable or Enable updates. Despite selecting disable, whenever any dimnesion within the excel snapshot is changed the entire selection of data is refresh from the cube. Is it possible to stop the data being refeshed ...

To Break Y-Axis for multiple data series
Hi, I have a lot of data in which sometimes data varies too much that some bars raise up to 1000s and some remain within 100s. now, to overcome this problem I used Peltier Tech’s solution (http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html) to break the y-axis which works fine when I used that for single data series. Now the problem is my data spans through 8 categories and 12 Months. My data looks something like this: Customers Jan Feb Mar Apr May June AAA 25 29 12 25 29 12 BBB 26 69 23 26 69 23 CCC 12 23 32 12 23 32 DDD 29 24 70 29 24 70 EEE 19 12 12 19 12 12 FF...

drop down data into Access
I have an excel template that uses drop downs. I want to import that data to Access, but when I import the table, the drop down values are blank. Is there a solution? -- Thanks for your help! If the dropdowns are combo boxes, you could link them to cells in the table. Then, when you import the table, it will include the data that was selected in the combo boxes. Or, instead of combo boxes, you could use data validation lists. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html BAZ wrote: > I have an excel template that uses drop downs. I want to import t...

migrating fogbugz data to crm
Has anybody done, or heard of, a migration of Fogbugz (5.0) data to MS CRM support queues (MSCRM 3)? Thanx, -Tony I have watched these groups since they were created all the way back in 2003 and have never heard mention of anyone wanting to migrate from fogbugz to crm. I am assuming you have done enough research to show that CRM can take over the functions you used fogbugz for. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Anthony J. Biacco" <thelittleprince@asteroid-b612.org> wrote in message news:1178640629.527632.29...

How to make a chart with a big range of data?
Hi I'm trying to make a chart selecting the whole column as data to plot on the chart. But it doesn't work .. I have many rows with data (about 250) and it's going to be more .. How do I make this chart only once, without having to extend the chart source every time I add more data? Thanks a lot. Kroko I have just asked a very similar question, I will monitor your answers also. bobf >-----Original Message----- >Hi >I'm trying to make a chart selecting the whole column as >data to plot on the chart. But it doesn't work .. I have >many rows with data...

moving the Exchange 2003 data to another server
I need to move the Exchange 2003 database off of our SAN temporarily (the mailbox stores). I know connecting the Exchange 2003 to a NAS would be hassle so I like to do it as simple as possible. Can I set up another server with a different name and restore the backup to that server? Thanks. Sure, here's a good link below. There are three methods for moving Exchange databases to different storage groups or servers: =B7 Restore an Exchange-aware online streaming backup of the database, redirecting the restore location to a different server For this method to work, the new server ...

data lookup/validation syntax
In Excel 2007 I have a sheet "sheet1" which has a part number in a cell. (A5) I want cell (D5) to have a data validation drop down menu which is populated from "sheet2". Sheet2 data looks something like this: Column A Column B partnumber1 tradename1 partnumber1 tradename2 partnumber2 tradename3 partnumber3 tradename4 The drop down in (D5) sheet1 should only contain tradenames which have partnumber matching (A5) sheet1. Ideas? Can I use SQL syntax in the data validation lookup? Perhaps Debra Dalgleish's site can get you ...