another query question - 15576

I want to apologize ahead of time for being a novice with MS Access
and VBA.  I desperately need help with 2 queries that I am trying to
put together.  I want to thank anyone that can help me out with this
situation.

I want to put a select query(Query1) that uses one table and the
criteria would be [Enter the Event Number].  When an event number is
entered it will give me the Event Number, Event Name, Event Date,
Event time, and House Size.  Next, I need to create a 2nd
query(Query2) that pulls up the records from another table by the
Event Number.

Below are the tables and fields that I am using in both queries

The table that stores the events is called tblEvents contains these
fields: RecordNumber, EventNumber, EventName, EventDate, EventTime,
HouseSize, HouseLocation, the following are all Yes/No fields within
this table: Concessions, CrownClub, Sort, and Rotation. This table is
used in Query1

I have a table that stores job codes and contains the following fields
RecordNumber, JobCode, and JobCodeDescription.  From this table I only
pull the JobCodeDescription using the job code field.  This table will
be used in Query2.

The table that contains the volunteer information is called
tblVolunteers has RecordNumber, VolunteerNumber, FirstName, LastName,
Address1, Address2, City, State, Zip, HomeTel, BusTel, CellTel,
EmailAddr, EmergencyContactNm, EmergencyContactTel and StatusCode,
actually the tblVolunteer finds only the first name and last name of
the volunteer using the VolunteerNumber. This will be used in Query2

I have another table that would be involved and it's called
tblWorkHours which contains the following fields: RecordNumber,
VolunteerNumber, JobCode, EventNumber, TimeIn, TimeOut and
DateWorked.  This is the primary table in Query2...this is where I get
my EventNumber from....there are many records in this table with the
same Event Number. This table will be used in Query2.

Doris

0
Doris

Hi Doris,

I see you a struggling with the Volunteer Database. There is a good
free open source database that can be downloaded from:
http://www.witstoronto.ca/databases/vms/download.html
Please look at the How-To-Movies and you will see that it is just what
you need. It also has context sensitive help that is very easy to
follow because of the number of screen shots it uses.

Cheers,
Barry

On Apr 25, 12:05 pm, Doris <Dori...@aol.com> wrote:
> I want to apologize ahead of time for being a novice with MS Access
> and VBA.  I desperately need help with 2 queries that I am trying to
> put together.  I want to thank anyone that can help me out with this
> situation.
>
> I want to put a select query(Query1) that uses one table and the
> criteria would be [Enter the Event Number].  When an event number is
> entered it will give me the Event Number, Event Name, Event Date,
> Event time, and House Size.  Next, I need to create a 2nd
> query(Query2) that pulls up the records from another table by the
> Event Number.
>
> Below are the tables and fields that I am using in both queries
>
> The table that stores the events is called tblEvents contains these
> fields: RecordNumber, EventNumber, EventName, EventDate, EventTime,
> HouseSize, HouseLocation, the following are all Yes/No fields within
> this table: Concessions, CrownClub, Sort, and Rotation. This table is
> used in Query1
>
> I have a table that stores job codes and contains the following fields
> RecordNumber, JobCode, and JobCodeDescription.  From this table I only
> pull the JobCodeDescription using the job code field.  This table will
> be used in Query2.
>
> The table that contains the volunteer information is called
> tblVolunteers has RecordNumber, VolunteerNumber, FirstName, LastName,
> Address1, Address2, City, State, Zip, HomeTel, BusTel, CellTel,
> EmailAddr, EmergencyContactNm, EmergencyContactTel and StatusCode,
> actually the tblVolunteer finds only the first name and last name of
> the volunteer using the VolunteerNumber. This will be used in Query2
>
> I have another table that would be involved and it's called
> tblWorkHours which contains the following fields: RecordNumber,
> VolunteerNumber, JobCode, EventNumber, TimeIn, TimeOut and
> DateWorked.  This is the primary table in Query2...this is where I get
> my EventNumber from....there are many records in this table with the
> same Event Number. This table will be used in Query2.
>
> Doris

0
Barry

can another person recieve copies of my e-mails without me know
can another peson rig my outlook to recieve a copy of incoming and outgoing e-mails from my computer without me knowing? Are you in a corporate environment? Or is this on your personal pc? Nikki Peterson "d" <d@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC861439-B55C-4652-9201-3B4307A74E88@microsoft.com... > can another peson rig my outlook to recieve a copy of incoming and > outgoing > e-mails from my computer without me knowing? depends on your type of account, also whether this is a home PC "d" <d@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Select Records based another table...

MS Query
We are attempting to use MS Query - we get to the end of the Wizard and before the Query windows opens the error 'Syntax error in FROM clause' appears. The message on the error reads 'Driver Error - This error was returned by the driver. For more information, check the documentation for the driver you are currently using'. I double checked from the downloads on Microsoft site, and it appears to be correct. We are using Excel 2002. Help! ...

Newbie: New Field Question
Is there any exposure or issues adding fields to a "Live" CRM implementation? Or Is it best to do it on a "fresh" or implementation, before it goes live. Thanks You can extend the schema at any time and add new fields via the web UI at any time. The only caution would be to publish your customizations at a time when users are out of the system since you will need to do an IIS reset afterwards. Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Mike" wrote: > Is there any exposure or issues adding fields to a "Live" > CRM implementation? &g...

update VBA from query
Hi all, Is it possible to update a vba code variable from a query called from the VBA code. EG docmd.openquery "testquery" ' has one filed that returns a number get returned value from query to use here T = return from query If so how do do this. regards Trevor -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-modules/201004/1 On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 00:51:56 GMT, "trevorC via AccessMonster.com" <u44860@uwe> wrote: >Hi all, > >Is it possible to update a vba code variable from a query...

Transpose/ Crosstab query
Hi, I have a report that needs to look like this. Depart July-A July-B June-A June-B May-A May-b abc 34% 89% 55% 89% 45% 77% def 45% 56% 100% 45% 67% 88% In the query and report it looks like this Month Depart Precentage July-A abc 34% July-B abc 89% July-A def 45% July-B def 56% I've tried a cross tab but it only allows for 1 value. I tried two crosstab and then join them in a new query but it doesn't update for new months(E.G. August) TIA Hello Gilbert. "GILBERT" w...

2002 and Vista
I have created many Access 2002 applications using graphs and they usually work without any problems. I am working on Vista now and having issues with my graphs, amongst other things First, I have to always click the graph to display the data. The data is as simple SQL that uses a limit on the form in which the graph is being displayed to limit the records by. The graphs is not using Linked fields. Whenever I click the graph, the Data Sheet pops up Two questions, how can I have the graph be active all the time without having to click it and prevent the data sheet from showing ? Are th...

Deletion question.
Is it by design that when moving an email (Outlook 2003) from the primary mail profile mailbox to the deleted items folder of an additional mailbox added to the primary mail profile that the email is permenantly deleted? Ryan <rhubbell@esri.com> wrote: > Is it by design that when moving an email (Outlook 2003) > from the primary mail profile mailbox to the deleted > items folder of an additional mailbox added to the > primary mail profile that the email is permenantly > deleted? I don't think so. I have two sets of personal folders and if I drag-and-drop a mess...

2 Questions #5
1. I remember using this utility several years ago to access edb file on a very low leve in order to delete a corrupted message. For the life of mine i can't remember what it's called. 2. I have whole bunch of log files which are not being commited. How can i force them to be commited to database if i don't want to wait. I'm using exchange 2000 std on windows 2000 server. thank you very much Are you thinking of mdbvu32 or eseutil ? Be very careful with any utilities that access the information store at a low level as you can easily damage the database. How do you kno...

Unmatched query wizard??
I have succesfully made a Unmatched query using the wiz. I changed the query to a delete query, but when I run it, it asks me which table do i want to delete the records from. I keep screaming at it 'what do you mean which table isn't it obvious', but that doesn't work. Can anyone tell me how to overcome this please. Regards Geeves1293 Use a subquery to select the unmatched records This example deletes records in tblInvoice that have no matching records in tblInvoiceDetail: DELETE FROM tblInvoice WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT InvoiceID FROM tblInvoiceDetail ...

Contact list as Address Book Question
Windows XP Outlook 2002 I use my Contact list as my Address Book. when I view my Contact list it shows the peoples names like I wish, "Last, First" But, when I create a new e-mail and hit the To button to show the name list for addressing, it shows all the contact names "First, Last" I have looked all over and cannot find how to change this. any ideas? Gary........... Go to Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or address books > Outlook Address Book > Change. > Set your sort order there -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <...

Formula Question #8
Hi, I have a list of numbers seperated by spaces [A]: Next to SOME of those numbers are other numbers [B}. The second set of numbers on the right represent hours. All data between two spaces represents a different day. In a third column [C], at the bottom, I want to total the hours that are in the second column, so I know how many hours were worked for each day. (As in parenthesis in the example below.) Is there a way to do this without using a macro? I hope this was clear. Thanks, CC A B C 4 4 5 2 6 (6) 2 3 3 (3) 1 7 2 (7) 2 3 5 6 8 7 5 (10) H...

searchable form question
Hello, I posted previously in this forum on this question and was answered by Jeanette Cunningham. Jeanette if you are still out there I have made some progress and have another question. If anyone else wants to respond that is fine too of course. I currently have the following code in the click event of a command filter button in the form: Private Sub Command4_Click() If Not IsNull(Me.Text2) Then strWhere = strWhere & "([City] = """ & Me.Text2 & """) " End If End Sub When I click the button nothing happens. Wh...

Visio newbie question
Dear group, I want to create a flowchart in Visio where if I click on a box in the flowchart it shows the level below in more detail. I could then click on a box in that to go to even lower level functionality etc. Is this possible? Sorry if this has been covered before-- I have tried various Google search strings with no luck. A link or FAQ to this question would be great. Regards, Gary Pearson. Gary, I suspect you will have to write your own software to do that, al <gary.pearson1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:1116441107.398375.231640@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >...

compare date range with date in columns and input data from another cell
I have a spreadsheet that includes the following: 2 columns (d and e) with a beginning and end date, a column with a dollar amount (rent: g) and. 24 columns across (Jan - Dec for two years:- n - ak). The 24 columns across contain the date ie. (01/01/2012, 02/01/2012, and so on). I am wanting to compare the range of D - E with each column across. When it meets the criteria it will put the amount in G in each column that is BETWEEN the date range. For example: if the beginning date is 01/01/2012 (d), the ending date is 06/01/2013 (e), and rent is $3000 (g), I would like Jan - Dec 2012 and Ja...

controling a .xls from another .xls
does anyone know if it is possible to control one excell file from another. i.e lets say there are two files: a.xls & b.xls in "a.xls" cell A1 we input the number "100", is it possible for this number to automatically be populated in to cell A1 of "b.xls"??? if so how??? thanks guys -- on-a-mission ------------------------------------------------------------------------ on-a-mission's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31630 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=513234 In cell A...

Newbie Installing AdventrueWorksDW2008 in another Drive
Hello I looking forward to learn SQL Server running some tutorials but I got stuck when installing AdventureWorksDW2008 given that my SQL files are in a drive different than C: THis is the error I get, which seems to be a linking problem TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio ------------------------------ Failed to retrieve data for this request. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdk.Sfc) For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&LinkId=20476 ------------------------------ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: An exception occurred while execu...

transferring data from one calendar to another
I finally received a computer at work, after having done all my calendaring for appointments on my home computer for several months. I work in a large school district and the new e-mail system seems to utilize Outlook (the calendar looks identical). Is there a way I can transfer the data from my Outlook (2002) calendar at home to my calendar through the system's network at work? The computer is brand new so I assume that it would be the most recent version of Outlook on the work computer. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it greatly! You can export your calendar to a PST file in...

How many OR conditions can be in a query?
I know you can only have up to 9 OR conditions in a query if you use the grid, but if you type the OR conditions all on the criteria line, how many can you have? Kim There are functions you might use instead of multiple OR's -- for example, in the selection criterion "cell", you might use: In('Red','Green','Yellow','Blue','Puce') Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "KimPotter" <KimPotter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94905619-D13A-4B2B-84ED-8D5338CC8D37@microsoft.com... >I know...

Passing a value from one form to another
Let me start out by saying I am a neophyte when it comes to Access. I was "volunteered" for this project, so I have to make do with the situation. I am using A2003 on a pc; the application is for data entry of a survey and the db contains one table with eight (8) forms (each being a section of the survey. On the first form is the survey ID; this is the value I need to pass from one form to the next. I navigate to each form via a control button, which I have a macro to close the form you are leaving and open the form you desire. What I need to do is to pass the survey ID from the f...

Help writing an SQL query.
Hi all. I'm new to access and trying to write a contacts database for a college project. A contact can have many disciplines, and each discipline can have many subdisciplines. This means the contact can have many subdisciplines. I have created a disicpline and subdicipline table, created a realtionship between the 2. I have a subform which allows the user to select the discipline and subdiscipline from a table that links the two tables. What I cannot do though is filter the subform so that when the user selects a discipline, only the relevant subdisciplines are shown. How can I do th...

Copy text automatically to another worksheet
How can I apply a function such as "=Worksheet!B6" for a cell containing text (i.e. a name and/or a date) rather than numbers or a function? Did you try it before asking? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "sally" <sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98CA95E3-39A7-47F0-A033-822037BE8260@microsoft.com... > How can I apply a function such as "=Worksheet!B6" for a cell containing text > (i.e. a name and/or a date) rather than numbers or a function? Sally =Worksheet!B6 works fine with text and dates as well as num...

unable to display #####.ost
Have problems using Outlook 2003. Periodically I get "unable to display the folder. The file ####.ost could not be accessed." Just recently I've got unable to display the folder. "The file ###.ost could not be accessed because another workstation has accessed it. close and restat any web-enabled applications." What could be causing this? the ost is being kept on a NT 4 file server running server protect. my local PC is running w2k and trend antivirus. Sukh You shouldn't be storing your OST on a network share. MS recommends against it since other processes could...

Data Question
I have a tab on my worsheet that has the following informatio a Order # Order Statu 123 Not yet starte 456 Not yet starte 873 Starte 831 Complet Basically, every 2 hours the column with order # will refresh, mix up the order #'s (since they are tied to the auto-matic update of info) and will change the order of the order #'s, add some new ones, delete old ones and my order status column will stay the same (since I manually entered those in). So the new data could look like thi b Order # Order Statu 873 ...

Two questions about Dexterity
How can I set (and get) Resize-Horizontal property programmatically (in Dexterity)? How to resize (or to move) a Text Control programmatically? Is there any way to reference Text Control from Code? For example: I tried with: move field ‘[Text] Origin’ to x, y; but compiler reports error: ‘Unknown Identifier ‘[Text] Origin’ You can't do either of the items you describe. The Resize-Horizontal property is only available through the Properties window. The "static text" item can't be referenced from sanScript. If you need to dynamically control a "static text&q...