Adding Sequential numbers to a new feld in access table.

I am working with a table which is actually a merge of 14 other
tables, therefore there is no real index key.

Table 1 Index was 1-5000
Table 2 index was 1-5000

In the merged database there are about 52,000 records, but no index
key.

I added a field to the table named Index and would like to populate
that field with a unique index number.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could create an update query which
would add 1-52,000 to this field.

Thank you for your help.
1
rjcmi

rjcmi wrote:

>I am working with a table which is actually a merge of 14 other
>tables, therefore there is no real index key.
>
>Table 1 Index was 1-5000
>Table 2 index was 1-5000
>
>In the merged database there are about 52,000 records, but no index
>key.
>
>I added a field to the table named Index and would like to populate
>that field with a unique index number.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas on how I could create an update query which
>would add 1-52,000 to this field.

Not with just that information.  OTOH, why not just add an
autonumber field and let Access fo it for you?

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Strange Report display problem - XP and Vista
Hi, I have a strange problem in displaying of reports on Windows XP and Vista. My crosstab query display mission records for a particular month, for employees of my organisation. For example if I search by month of "April", the crosstab query will display all staff ( of different departments) who were on mission in April. On Windows Vista the report displays fine, that is the query only fetches records for APRIL. However on an XP system, apart from APRIL records, the report is repeating staff member names along with dates of arrival and exit of previous months. I hav...

5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Access denied
I'm having the following email issue with one of my clients, they are getting. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: xxxxxxx@netonecom.net on 12/29/2003 11:58 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <clarkserv01.ClarkNational.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Access denied> The wierd thing is that I am not getting a Application event log event I.D. for this on our server??? Could the problem be on the netonecom.net server?????? Hi Jeff, The problem could possibly be caused by t...

how to remove separators from numbers
how to remove separators form range of numbers for example 2,565,275.45 as 2565275.45 145,652,835.65 as 145652835.65 25,256,189.50 as 25256189.50 On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 21:33:02 -0800, lata wrote: > how to remove separators form range of numbers for example > 2,565,275.45 as 2565275.45 > 145,652,835.65 as 145652835.65 > 25,256,189.50 as 25256189.50 Format as General, Number (without thousands separator), or Custom as 0.00 -- Mike H Lata, If these are really numbers (not text), just change the number formatting. Format - Cells - Number. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitth...

average a row of numbers?
I am trying to get the average of a row of numbers with various numbers of columns. I have 50 rows of numbers and am looking for the formula to average all of the rows, showing the average of each row. I know how to do them individually, but very time consuming. Any help would be appeciated. Insert a column and enter =AVERAGE(B1:IV1) Copy down 50 rows. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 16:56:01 -0700, wannabe68 <wannabe68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to get the average of a row of numbers with various numbers of >columns. I have 50 rows ...

More than one Table
I have an Old table TABLE 1 in an application which has a check fields CHK1, CHK2 in it. I have recently upgraded the application so that the check field are now a series of records in a sub-form TABLE 2. QUESTION I want to increment through TABLE 1 one record at a time, then run a conditional statement to see if CHK1, CHK2 is yes in each respective check field and if it is I want to open TABLE 2 and add record to TABLE 2 so that reflects the respective CHKn. My question is can 2 recordsets be open simultaneously and if so how do I swap between the 2 so that my VBA applic...

Business Alerts for Third Party Tables
I need to create an alert to make the PO approver aware that there are unapproved POs. I went to see if I could create a business alert, but it only lists core GP tables. Is this intentiona? Third party products are key for any successful implementation of GP. Why are these not offered? I will now have to manually create the alerts and jobs in sql, when this would have been a nice tool to use (which was what I thought this tool was meant for). You can use Tools - Utilities - System - Business Alerts to make 3rd Party tables available for Business Alert creation. "Luvsql"...

Create Groupwise Reminder for Access
Is there a way to create a groupwise reminder note in an Access database? Kind of like a tickler. The note would be sent to certain people, which may not be the same people each time, when an assignment's due date is approaching. The note would continue to be sent each day until the assignment is 'closed' in the database. I know this may be wishful thinking, but I'm trying to figure out a way to do this in Access instead of just having the user create their own notes in Groupwise. Thanks for your help. I don't know this Groupwise however I have a s...

Excel and consecutive number
Is there a way to have excel locate a set number of consecutive non-zero numbers and give me an average of those numbers? trying to get around this problem: 5 largest consecutive non-zero numbers of the last 10 non-zero terms hope there is some help out there for me If I understand what you want correctly, here is one method. Assuming you have a list of numbers in column A with the first number in row 2: Enter this formula in B2 and copy down through all rows of data: =IF(A3=0,0,IF(B2=10,10,B2+1)) This formula counts consectuive non-zero numbers in column A. Enter this form...

Importing Journal Entries Using Table Import
Hello I am doing some research to see which methods would work best for importing journal entries created in a third-party application into Great Plains. So far I've completed the process using the integration manager and now I am researching the table import method. The table import process is causing me some problems because I cannot get the account numbers to import. There is a typo in the GL Transacton Entry SDK document I have, so I am trying to work around it. I am not an Engineering, my background is more of end-user. If someone has some suggestions on how to map to the ac...

Web Access #5
How can I get Outlook 2002 to get mail out of my Outlook Web Access account? (my department is not using a Exchange Server) IF you don't have Exchange server, you don't have Outlook Web Access....Outlook is a mail client, not a server. What kind of mail account do you use? Perhaps your ISP has a webmail feature you can use to check new mail, or you can use www.mail2web.com Steve wrote: > How can I get Outlook 2002 to get mail out of my Outlook > Web Access account? (my department is not using a > Exchange Server) ...

How do you randomly generate numbers in Excel 2007?
How do you randomly generate numbers from 1 to 84 without duplicates in Excel 2007? 1) Download and Install "MoreFunc" add-in. http://www.download.com/Morefunc/3000-2077_4-10423159.html 2) In cell A1 type: =MRAND(,1,84) and copy down all the way to A84 (incl.) Micky "Steve Bedard" wrote: > How do you randomly generate numbers from 1 to 84 without duplicates in Excel > 2007? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/randint.html -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Steve Bedard" <Steve Bedard@discussions.microsoft.com...

how to rotate excel table in word
I insert a excel worksheet in word and like to rotate it Select the area in the worksheet you want to move to Word. While hold down the shift key, pull-down Edit > Copy Picture. In Word, just paste. Because the item is now a picture, you can use the drawing toolbar to rotate it to any desired angle -- Gary''s Student "dro" wrote: > I insert a excel worksheet in word and like to rotate it Thanks, its working just fine for me. "Gary''s Student" wrote: > Select the area in the worksheet you want to move to Word. While hold down > the ...

VB reference to table field
I've got this code, but I need to figure out the syntax for the !COMMENT part. I want it to refer to the master table's COMMENT field. This code, however is in the main form. I've tried [Tables]!Table1.Comment among others, but it gives an error. Any help? Thanks!!! With Me.RecordsetClone .AddNew !Name = Me.Name !DOB = Me.DOB !COMMENT = .Update "Mark1" <Mark1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I've got this code, but I need to figure out the syntax for the !COMMENT ...

How to move Exchange server 2000 to a new Exchange 2003 server
I have a exchange 2000 server. I want to move it from this server to the other server that run Exchange 2003 server. Please tell me how to do it. Thanks. Hi Andy, Install the Exchange 2003 server into the same org and administrative group as the 2000 server and using ADU&C move the mailboxes from the 2000 server to the 2003 server. Add replicas of all the public and system folders to the 2003 server. After allowing sufficient time for replication, remove the replicas from the 2000 server and then remove the server from the org. You might want to just stop the services on the 2000 se...

new hardware
I just installed a new hard drive. The old hard drive remains in the computer (as a slave drive). The old hard drive data was copied bit by bit on to the new hard drive. Every program functions properly on the new (master) drive except for every one of the Microsoft Office XP programs. I cannot remove Office XP via Control Panel and I cannot repair the the programs from the CD. When I go to uninstall I get 'This patch package could not be opened'. Any ideas for a repair? ...

Tracking Number on Ivoices
I am trying to add the shipment tracking number to our invoices. I know the tracking number is stored in SOP10107, but can not figure out how to add that table to the SOP Blank Invoice form. Any ideas? Thanks. Mike ...

DoModal throws an access violation only for one language
Hi, I've posted the first part of my issue here and it got resolved. The second part is what I am still struggling with. It consists of 2 issues. Perhaps someone would be able to help. Please excuse the repeated post. I have a few dialogs, icons, bitmaps, strings that I've localized in the following way: I've created a separate resource only dll which has a separate RC file for each language. This project also has a different build configuration for each language. So that in that configuration only that dll will build and the resources pane in the project properties will be se...

Task Hierarchy Messed up after creating new Task
Hi, We use Project Server 2007 (with SP1 and Infrastructure Update). Recently 2 PMs have complained that their Task Hierarchy was messed up after making relatively minor modifications to their projects like adding a task, saving and reopening. The symptom is that leaf tasks have been re-parented to other parent tasks + empty rows showed up. Has anyone seen this problem? Is there a way to solve this? ashwin ...

New Fonts Appeared
In my fonts dropdown list some unexpected font selections were added (ie: Z@R7E19.temp) Anybody know where these came from or what they are? -- Confused again -- Confusious I would scan the system for viruses and malware. steve "Confusious" <Confusious@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61FD2149-6278-4AF0-A722-8B3F27EE81AB@microsoft.com... > In my fonts dropdown list some unexpected font selections were > added (ie: Z@R7E19.temp) > Anybody know where these came from or what they are? > -- Confused again -- > Confusious ...

WORD: Table of Contents with latin numeration
If have got a document dividedin sections. The first sections use latin page numbering and the rest normal arabic numbering. For each section this is working all fine. The only trouble appears when I create the TOC. The reference to the page numbers of those sections that use latin page numbering appears with arabic numbering. THe example will surely clarify the problem: It appears as ****************** Table of contents..................................2 Foreword ...................................4 Summary ...........................................5 1 Introduction ......................

number generator
I have some locations that I need to code. For each number it wil have 4 levels ex: 100 01 100 02 100 03 100 04 101 01 101 02 101 03 101 04 etc. etc. How can I get excel to generate a list of numbers either by: 1. giving it a start and end range Input info. may would be: # of numbers starting number # of time to repeat 2. or entering a value in the 1st cell and having it repeat until i reads and "01" in column B then it would give the next number in th sequenc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Would do it usingt formulae: col A ...

Access from "Form View" to "Datasheet View"
Hoi, Somebody can help me out. I need a macro where I can switch from the database "Form View" to the "Datasheet View". I can do it with the menubar option, but I want to do it with a button. regards, Johan Hi johan, I'm using Access 2000, but guess there will be not much differences in the new versions: In the click_event of a button in a mask, try something like this: If (Me.CurrentView = 1) Then ' Mask DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDatasheetView ElseIf (Me.CurrentView = 2) Then ' Datasheet DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdFormView End If In effe...

Pivot Table Settings #2
Hello, Is there a way to have the Pivot table fields set to sum (or any other calculations)instead of count before you start to create? Thank you, Denise ...

How to import a table on a Web page to Excel?
Hello How to import a table on a Web page to Excel? Columns in the table are delimited by several spaces, not by a htm table tag. fist use < data-get>external data (importdata) using a webquery into excel then data-texttocolumn using space as delimiter you must know the no. of the table in the webpage which can be found out from the source html page counting <table> tag or by trial and error -- remove $$$ from email addresss to send email ========================= "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message news:#WI#g9Q5FHA.724@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl.....

Java for adding date to memo after picklist onchange
I was wondering if anyone could help me out... I have picklist values being captured via onochange on memo field. I'd like to add today's date behind each value, but I do not know java. This is what I have so far to capture which marketing material was sent: var strmaterialslist;var strmaterialsent; strmaterialslist=crmForm.CFPmaterialslist.value; strmaterialsent=crmForm.CFMmaterialsent.value; crmForm.CFMmaterialsent.value=strmaterialsent+", "+strmater ialslist As always, your help is much appreciated! Thanks, Kat var d = new Date(); defaults to now. Stephen ...