Access Queries 02-29-08

Is there any way to select the only the top 5 records in a query or table
that is sorted by amount.

Right click on properties in design view of the query and on top values
select top 5.

"LL" wrote:

> Is there any way to select the only the top 5 records in a query or table
> that is sorted by amount.

Business Portal should allow me to access different dynamics.set
I use GP to manage several different companies. Each company had different check formats. It is fairly simple to set up different report.dic files for different companies if you are using terminal services directly or are using GP from your desktop, however, if you are running thru Business Portal you are only allowed to point to one dynamics.set file. It would be great if you could set up BP so that it would point to different dynamics.set files for differnt companies. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most ...

Access vs Visual Basic (Language Issue)
I have database in access and made some interface for populating database, cause we needed something fast to do it and had no time to make it in vb. And I had Serbian (Latin) characters entered into this dabase and showing in Access forms well. But now when I need to make program in VB, ADO fields does not return me Serbian (Latin) specific characters it returns me English (US) replacements. I do have installed Serbian (Latin) on system but Default language is English (US). (and I must not switch default language to Serbian (Latin)) hopeless for now I am sure that something in ado is done ...

Query Expression !
If have a column EmailAlert that contain 0 & -1 can I have an expression if EmailAlert = -1 "e" otherwise Nothing Thanks for any help..Bob On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:31:24 +1300, Bob V wrote: > If > have a column EmailAlert that contain 0 & -1 > can I have an expression if EmailAlert = -1 "e" otherwise Nothing > Thanks for any help..Bob Yes.In a query? NewColumn:IIf([EmailAlert]=-1,"e","") -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail ...

open access form from outlook
I am sending the user an email from my form. Is there a way to pass something to the user through the email so they can click on it to open the form on the correct record? I have tried a few things that work on the run command, but when I use outlook it does not work. I'm not sure if it is virus protection stopping it or what. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. Cynthia No, that will not work. You Access application which contains the form and the data is running on your computer. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Cynthia" wrote: > I am sendin...

Converting Access 2000 table to Access 97
How do you link an Access 2000 table to an Access 97 database? Thanks for your time. ...

unable to register publisher '02
anyone have any idea why the registration window advises of an error and shuts down pub 2002 each time registration is attempted on win2000pro? happens on both internet reg and telephone reg options. Hi mark h (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || anyone have any idea why the registration window advises || of an error and shuts down pub 2002 each time registration || is attempted on win2000pro? happens on both internet reg || and telephone reg options. What is the error message? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publ...

access to pdf to powerpoint
I want to create a report in Access, export to pdf and import into powerpoint. I can export from Access to pdf ok but want to import to powerpoint and create one slide for each page of the pdf report. I haven't received a response on the Powerpoint discussion group. Do I need to make each pdf just one page? Is there a way to do that in Access? Thanks This is my favorite .ppt site. http://www.pptfaq.com/index.html Maybe you can find something there. -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "CC"...

still able to workd in Access 2007
Hello, I am developping our church membership database using Access 2002 in my laptop. I plan to convert it to access97 then I create MDE using Access 97 in my othercomputer. My question is, with all VBA that I created, Is there any possiblity that it can not work in Access 97?, otherwise I just make MDE access2000. Thanks for any idea provided -- H. Frank Situmorang You may be able to save it as an Access 97 MDB. If you plan to, do this before you split. Of course, it won't work if you used any of the things that were not in Access 97, e.g. AllForms collection, OpenReport in dia...

Using Access for SQL data tweaking
Hi, I read the thread about the dangers of going in with Microsoft Access and using the grid/queries format to modify RMS data. I see that it can be done if you are willing to take the risks of bypassing the verification checks performed by RMS. However, what I don't quite get is how to make Access talk to the SQL database to begin with! I am using SQL Server Express 2005 (only works with the latest hotfix for RMS; that's an alligator I think is already licked) and Access 97. All I'm aware of to try is just directly attempting to open the .mdb with Access, but it doesn&#...

Using Parameters in an external data query
For some reason, whenever I do an external data query, the Parameters button/feture is ghosted and unavailable. Can someone explain why this might be happening? You need to set focus on the query area by putting your cursor on the cells where the query is. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Bdavis" <Bdavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B06D8606-99B0-40FB-8BFB-F0DB00D2BF03@microsoft.com... > For some reason, whenever I do an external data query, the Parameters > button/feture is ghosted and unavailable. Can someone explain why thi...

Inserting table/query headers and footers
I want my students to insert their names in the header or footer of a report or query on assignments. How do I change the information in the header and footer of a table or query? I know how in a report, but not on the other objects. You can't. Neither Tables nor Queries are intended to be printed: only Reports are. For that reason, they haven't put a whole lot of functionality for things like footers or headers in other objects. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Hobson School" <Hobson School@discussions.m...

Best way to set up Query to get a percentage
I have a "classified" field that is a yes/no check box to determine if a supplier has been classified or not. I need to get the sum of suppliers that are and are not classified and then I need to get a percentage of suppliers who is and who isn't classified from the total suppliers. I also want to be able to chart this without exporting to Excel. Any ideas on the best way to set this up? Marc - You can do that in a query. Change the fields and table names to be yours: SELECT Sum(IIf([Classifed],1,0)) AS Yes_Count, Count(SupplierID) AS Total_Count, Sum(IIf([C...

Should I upgrade to a newer version of Access?
Hi All, I currently use Access 2002. I have one application I've written that I sell, and one or two others in development. Though I'm not currently doing so, I'd like to start playing with web applications. While this question might be a little vague, I'm wondering if there are compelling reasons for me to upgrade to a new version of Access. I've been to the Microsoft site. I gather that they'd LOVE me to upgrade. I'm hoping I can get an opinion or two from actual users of the various versions. I expect to get more good information without q...

Query to select from one table where no record in another table
I have a database where I keep various information about employees. One table "Employees" has their name and various other data. In another table "Accidents" I keep up with data relative to accidents they have had. This table has the date and other information about any accident an employee has had. I would like to recognize those employees who for a specified period of time (calendar year) have not had any accidents. I would appreciate your assistance in setting this up. Theres probably easiar ways to do it, but im not a professional. What I would do is crea...

Querys not updated
Recently we updated the databases from Access 97 to 2003. The querys were not updated and the ones that are needed to perform mail merge are not retreiving the data. The tables and the data is there, but is not being read. Is there a methos to update the querys ? The OS is XP for the clients and W 2000 for the server. Thanks in advance Alfredo -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200803/1 On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 04:27:13 GMT, "alfredoag via AccessMonster.com" <u11123@uwe> wrote: >Recently we updated the dat...

Query between two tables
I have one table called tblArchive where I have a department and a location A1a, A1b, A1c, etc. I then have a table tbllocation where I have all the locations listed all the way to Z9z. I want a query that lists all the locations from tbllocation that are empty but also all the department records that don't have a location assigned yet? Is this two separate queries or can I somehow combine them? Thanks. Result QryLocation Finance A1a Finance A1b Finance I want to be able to only select the available locations if not assigned. Show us the SQL for QryLocation. ...

Problems upgrading 02 -> 04
Thanks for the info. The file is owned by me and I am an administrator. Double clicking in explorer gives me the exact same message. I tried safe mode and there too I get te same error. David >-----Original Message----- >In microsoft.public.money, David Harrison-Rand wrote: > >>Hi, >> >>I am trying to upgrade to Money 2004 from Money 2002 >>Deluxe but I always get the error in this link: >>href= >http://moneycentral.msn.com/money/2004/ee.asp? ProdVer=12.00.10.0613&FileName=MnyOb99.dll&FileVer=12.00.0 613&EvtSrc=mnyob99&EvtId=5101...

Is there a Cheat Sheet for Access Requirements Available?
Hi, Is there some type of cheat sheet available that gives the various combination of permissions needed on CreateFile vs Object Permissions for various things. In other words, can an app using CreateFile open a device using GENERIC_READ and still send DeviceIoControl commands to it? In order for a CreateFile to use GENERIC_READ or GENERIC_WRITE what are the object permission requirements (allow write access/read access/ control/ etc..). ?? TIA!! Hi David, AFAIK there is no such sheet, but good sources are always these documents: [CreateFile Function] http://ms...

Report Manager access: localhost vs 127.0.0.1
Hi, What is the difference between accessing Report Manager via localhost and 127.0.0.1? a) http://localhost/Reports_MyInstance b) http://127.0.0.1/Reports_MyInstance I have installed SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Services on Windows 7. After installation I tried to access Report Manager using the urls as specified by a and b. In case a, the Report Manager interface loaded showing a Contents and Properties tab. In case b, first a dialog box popped up asking for credentials. I entered the credentials for the current user that was logged on. Then the Report Manager lo...

'new record' grayed out in query
Hello friends, I recently added a calcuation field to a query (in Access 2007 in a file saved to be compatible to Access 2003), and it even works. But now, the 'new record' field is greyed out in both the query and, of course, the attached form. But I can create a new field in the table. Help? The calculation field I added, in case it matters, is an Expression, titled 'FigureTax: ([PricePaid]*0.0876)' thanks so much - Mary -- Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Please provide the SQL view of the query. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP &qu...

BD in Access ---> SQL + WinForm in -Net
Hi, sorry for my english, I have a problem of conceptual design of my database, i hope you can help me. This is a shop with a variety of articles (Posters, mobiles, decorative objects among others), which have different characteristics, Plates: size, author, image, ... Moviles: brand, size, weight .... Flashlight: Power, material, color, ... ......... ......... I decided to make a table tblCategoria and another tblArticulo: TblCategoria: id, name, description, picture TblArticulo: id, category, images, prices And here i have the problem, I would like how to save every property of the artic...

Directing Access to open a file...?
Hello, My business has recently switched to DVD format, and I've undertaken a project of indexing and archiving a bunch (~400) magneto-optical disks that are packed with a plethora of information. I've decided that re-uploading all information from these MO disks onto the new DVD's is far too timely of a project. I'm going to rather keep a dedicated PC with the proper drive to open these MO's and store them away until the need arises. However, in order to pinpoint the disk I need to find when a case pops up in my query, I'm going to simply print a screen that contains...

How to update Ft End Queries when changing Bk End Table Name?
I changed the name of a table on the Back End of the data base. I thought I could just repoint the queries in the Front End to the new table name by changing the query properties. Nope. Didn't work. How can I get the Front End to keep up with changes I make on the backend like changing a table name? thanks for any help. MyEmailList@gmail.com wrote: > I changed the name of a table on the Back End of the data base. > > I thought I could just repoint the queries in the Front End to the new > table name by changing the query properties. > > Nope. Didn't work. > &...

Convert Access 2000 to Access 97 06-22-04
I needed to convert an Access 2000 db to 97. The Converted database will run on Windows 98 but on Windows 2000 I get an error when I run some of the select queries (the select query is pulling from other queries, not tables). The error is "MSAccess.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program." This is a pretty generic error and I can't seem to find anything helpful. Has anyone run into a similar problem? My main Access program, supplied in runtime 97 & 2k, does not run in A97 on Win2k or WinXP for the reason you s...

query destination field
How do you change a destination field of a query in Excel? I have the data from the query being sent to cell A4 but need it to go to cell A1. I tried the "edit query" option but with no luck albert I think you can just delete Rows 1:3 and it will adjust accordingly. -- Dick Kusleika MVP - Excel Excel Blog - Daily Dose of Excel www.dicks-blog.com "albert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14E1E67B-F7A0-4FD3-A78E-C4E1CCC22453@microsoft.com... > How do you change a destination field of a query in Excel? I have the data from the query b...