Access 2003 VB Code Export Query Failing with Access 2007 user

I have a set of excel export queries I created in an access 2003 DB.  Now,
some of my users have upgraded to Access 2007 and are running in to a
"Parameter" error when the execute the "canned" excel export queries I
created for them.  My only presumption is that it is due to the fact that I
have hardcoded the export function, to go to an Office 2003 Excel file, and
for whatever reason, Access 2007 cannot handle this.

This make sense?  And if so, any suggestions? I suppose if there was an easy
way to test what version of office/excel they are running, I could change the
parameter on the export based upon which Office version they run.  Sound
reasonable, and if so, how?  Thanks!

Patk

Pat,

Check out http://www.allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html for some good
information about Access 2007

Dale

"PatK" <PatK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a set of excel export queries I created in an access 2003 DB.  Now,
> some of my users have upgraded to Access 2007 and are running in to a
> "Parameter" error when the execute the "canned" excel export queries I
> created for them.  My only presumption is that it is due to the fact that
> have hardcoded the export function, to go to an Office 2003 Excel file,
> and
> for whatever reason, Access 2007 cannot handle this.
>
> This make sense?  And if so, any suggestions? I suppose if there was an
> easy
> way to test what version of office/excel they are running, I could change
> the
> parameter on the export based upon which Office version they run.  Sound
> reasonable, and if so, how?  Thanks!
>
> Patk

0
Dale
12/4/2007 3:36:02 AM
Thanks for the lead.  I had actually already been to Allen's site (first
place I went, in fact), but it did not address this issue, at least not that
I can see.  There does not seem to be a way to export an Excel 2007 format
file, out of Access 2003 :-(

PatK

"Dale Fye" wrote:

> Pat,
>
> Check out http://www.allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html for some good
> information about Access 2007
>
> Dale
>
> "PatK" <PatK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a set of excel export queries I created in an access 2003 DB.  Now,
> > some of my users have upgraded to Access 2007 and are running in to a
> > "Parameter" error when the execute the "canned" excel export queries I
> > created for them.  My only presumption is that it is due to the fact that
> > have hardcoded the export function, to go to an Office 2003 Excel file,
> > and
> > for whatever reason, Access 2007 cannot handle this.
> >
> > This make sense?  And if so, any suggestions? I suppose if there was an
> > easy
> > way to test what version of office/excel they are running, I could change
> > the
> > parameter on the export based upon which Office version they run.  Sound
> > reasonable, and if so, how?  Thanks!
> >
> > Patk

Pat,

It makes sense that Access 2003 cannot export to Excel 2007 format, since
they didn't know what that format would be when they wrote 2003.  I cannot
imagine the Excel 2007 would have any problem reading an Excel 2003 file
format.

However, it makes no sense that they have not provided a way to export from
Access 2007 to an Excel 2003 format.  Access 2003 has the ability to export
to a variety of the earlier Excel formats using the TransferSpreadsheet
method.

Dale
--
Don''''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful!

email address is invalid
Please reply to newsgroup only.

"PatK" wrote:

> Thanks for the lead.  I had actually already been to Allen's site (first
> place I went, in fact), but it did not address this issue, at least not that
> I can see.  There does not seem to be a way to export an Excel 2007 format
> file, out of Access 2003 :-(
>
> PatK
>
> "Dale Fye" wrote:
>
> > Pat,
> >
> > Check out http://www.allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html for some good
> > information about Access 2007
> >
> > Dale
> >
> > "PatK" <PatK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have a set of excel export queries I created in an access 2003 DB.  Now,
> > > some of my users have upgraded to Access 2007 and are running in to a
> > > "Parameter" error when the execute the "canned" excel export queries I
> > > created for them.  My only presumption is that it is due to the fact that
> > > have hardcoded the export function, to go to an Office 2003 Excel file,
> > > and
> > > for whatever reason, Access 2007 cannot handle this.
> > >
> > > This make sense?  And if so, any suggestions? I suppose if there was an
> > > easy
> > > way to test what version of office/excel they are running, I could change
> > > the
> > > parameter on the export based upon which Office version they run.  Sound
> > > reasonable, and if so, how?  Thanks!
> > >
> > > Patk

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Reporting from Project Server

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Users ability to Manage Groups

nested OR in queries
I have a table that has 20 date fields for each record. I need to select any record that has a matching date in at least one of those fields so it becomes a huge OR in a query and I have noticed that I am limited to 9 in a query. Is there a way to do this efficiently or will I need multiple queries to test all 20 date fields? If your table uses multiple date fields, the first thing you'll want to consider is coming up with a new table! In a spreadsheet, adding 20 date fields may be the only way to handle a situation, but you won't get the best use of Access' features and funct...

outlook 2007 e-mail

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit

Access to User Calendar

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary

microsoft.public.access.conversion

Budget queries
Hi I'm new to setting up a budget. I have the following queries: 1. What does the green down arrow mean next to the name of the "Receive From" name? and what does the up red arrow mean under the Expenses? 2. Why is there row underneath the above heading called "Other Income for "Wages& Salary"? The amount in this row is 0. This is happening for every Payslip entry I have entered in the Payslip. 3. Why is there a "Subtotal"? I find this confusing to read. Can it be removed somehow? 4. I've got other headings with nothing in them eg....

Outlook 2007 throws an error that it cannot receive email
Office 2007 Ultimate, Outlook 2007 (12.06514.5000) SP2. After sitting idle overnight Outlook 2007 throws an error that it cannot receive email. Closing Outlook 2007 and restarting it resolves this issue. Outlook/Office 2003 on my main PC does not exhibit this behavior. I've confirmed and re-confirmed my email client settings with earthlink.net and the problem does not appear to be there. Again, it seems to be with Outlook 2007 but only on this one PC (hp 180t Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit). I did uninstall my Original Office 2007 Professional and re-installed Office 2007 Ultimate...