A field on a query has a value in it I'd like to use to create tot

Cost:                Proceeds:         G/L St                    G/L LT
30,000              31,000              $1,000
25,100              24,095                                           ($905)
4,000                5,000                 $500                      $500

In the G/L St & G/L Lt field, I would like to pull out the cost/proceeds
values to create a field that I can run a cost or proceed total on. I have
done an IIf function that works in pulling out the values but in the report
footer when I try to sum the data, it doesn't work. FYI: The iif function is
this: Iif([g/l st]<>O,[cost],"").

Any ideas?

Please help!

--
SStone

Try this --
 Iif([g/l st]<>O,[cost], 0)

--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"yapcat" wrote:

> Cost:                Proceeds:         G/L St                    G/L LT
> 30,000              31,000              $1,000
> 25,100              24,095                                           ($905)
> 4,000                5,000                 $500                      $500
>
> In the G/L St & G/L Lt field, I would like to pull out the cost/proceeds
> values to create a field that I can run a cost or proceed total on. I have
> done an IIf function that works in pulling out the values but in the report
> footer when I try to sum the data, it doesn't work. FYI: The iif function is
> this: Iif([g/l st]<>O,[cost],"").
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Please help!
>
> --
> SStone
I missed that letter O.
   Iif([g/l st]<>0,[cost], 0)

--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"yapcat" wrote:

> Cost:                Proceeds:         G/L St                    G/L LT
> 30,000              31,000              $1,000
> 25,100              24,095                                           ($905)
> 4,000                5,000                 $500                      $500
>
> In the G/L St & G/L Lt field, I would like to pull out the cost/proceeds
> values to create a field that I can run a cost or proceed total on. I have
> done an IIf function that works in pulling out the values but in the report
> footer when I try to sum the data, it doesn't work. FYI: The iif function is
> this: Iif([g/l st]<>O,[cost],"").
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Please help!
>
> --
> SStone

Cannot log in using WindowsID (was able to before)
I just bought MS Money 2007 Deluxe yesterday. The install went smooth, without any issues. I registered a new WindowsID and was able to successfully log into MS Money. However, today when I tried to log into MS Money, the messge apeared that the "Money was not able to recognize your WindowsID" or something like it and that "You will still have access to some functions but will not be able to make online updates". Now I'm not able to make updates. Any idea what this could be? Is the authentication server for WindowsID down or something? See the post under Mon...

How to create a ledger sheet
Hello. I have a database with the following tables:Customers, Orders, and PaymentsThe Customers table has a one-to-many relationship with the Orderstable. The Customers table also has a one-to-many relationship withthe Payments table.I am trying to create what I think is commonly called a ledger sheet.This sheet simply shows the dollar amount of every order that anindividual customer has placed (debits) and every payment that thecustomer has made (credits). It also shows a running balance. Entriesare shown in chronilogical order.I am having trouble creating a report that would draw debits from...

Can't use Merge feature
If I have a postcard file I've already made on the screen, when I try to pull up the "Merge" feature under Tools, it is shaded grey and I can't open it. It insists that I either form a new database list of addresses or edit the one that I want to merge. I don't want to edit the one I want to merge. I just want to MERGE it. If, however, I have just a postcard template on the screen (without it having been made into anything), I CAN pull up the "merge" feature under Tools. It is not shaded out. How do I un-shade the "merge" feature? To merg...

Setting series values on Excel Chart

Ho to make one field required based on critera of another field?
I'm creating a form and need to make the "comments" field required if the "code" field is =>20. I appreciate suggestions! Deadline Monster is lurking! User enters the job processing endcode value (numeric) into the "code" field. If the endcode is =>20, comments are required. (P.S. I don't know VB) Thanks! Star You would put your validation code in the Form's BeforeUpdate event. If Me.EndCode >19 Then If Len(Me.Comments & "") = 0 Then MsgBox "Comments are required" Cancel = True End If End If ...

how to query my web site from VBA and return a value to VBA
Hello All, From VBA I would like send a value to my web site, and have it return a value. I've learned how to use FollowHyperlink to send a value to an ASP script, but how can the ASP script send a value back to VBA?? Thanks, Brian Austin, TX You can use xmlhttp to make a request to your web page: '********************************************************* Sub Tester() MsgBox WebResponse("http://www.mydomain.com/myactualpage.asp? info=3Dblah") End Sub Private Function WebResponse(sURL As String) As String Dim XmlHttpRequest As Object Se...

Constructing Hyperlink from the Database Record fields
I am working on a Windows XP environment using MS Office 2007 including Access 2007. I want to open a document from Access 2007 which I can easily do with Hyperlink type field. However since all the necessary information is already in the Database Record I try to avoid creating additional field which would be a Hyperlink type on the Form unless it is absolutely necessary. Below is the code that I have to construct the FullFileName which consisted of ServerName, Division, Unit, RequirementDirectory, FolderName and the FileName itself. As you can see the Database records has al...

How to use structured reference (ListColumns) in VBA
I want to do something simple...loop through a range retrieving values one at time and taking action on that value. This range is an Excel 2007 table column. Easy enough...BUT I want to use structured references to a table column by NAME, not numbers. I don't want to define new names, just use the table column headings. I've found ways of doing it with quotes, but that's not structured....the names in quotes do not change if the table heading is changed by the user. The formulas change if the table column heading is changed, but I want it to change in VBA to...

object not being created
hello, I created a dialog based application.I pop up a modal dialog from the menu created in my application.Class midialog is associated with this dialog resource.By mistake i created an obj of this class in the menu handler as shown in code below. OnMenu()//handler in my application dialog class.i.e.main dialog { midialog m_d; m_d.DoModal();//creating my modal dialog } after couple of daysi realized that i wanted the obj not inside the handler but in the class CMainDlg(class of the main dialog).So i removed above code and tried to declare a variable of type midialog m_d(again,s...

User Defined Required Fields
I have set several field on sub window Sales User-Defined Fields Entry of Sales Transaction Entry as "Required". If the user remembers to click User-Defined, then they become required. But if the user never clicks on User-Defined from Sales Transaction Entry, then they can still save the new document without the required fields entered. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this asside from continual user training? Your answer is VBA. You own Modifer, so you also have VBA enabled. You'll need to write VBA code to open the window (literally, push the button) then set th...

Pulling counts out of query results
I have a query that has one field Type which is set to Count The query results are used in a report. The report has the fields in the detail section as TYPE and CountOfType (1 line only in the detail section) The report looks like this when displayed AS 28 AV 17 OR 5 I need to be able to get the individual AS No (28) and add it to another number elswhere in the report. How can I do this? I have tried using a textbox with an if function (if [type]="AS",CountOfType,0 but that did not work. Any help appreciated. Ray I think you will need to do it in the query. But try addi...

form and query problem. please help.

Field mapping for Opportunity Products
Why I can't add some field mapping for OpportunityProduct system relation with Opportunity? I need to know the default pricelist that was assigned for an Opportunity when I am at OpportunityProduct form. ...

Save As using contents of Cell in Name

How to obtain enumerated attribute declarations from a DTD using MSXML & VB?
I have a VB (VB6, not .NET) application that reads an XML file (using MSXML v3.2 parser); the XML file contains a reference to an external DTD. The DTD has numerous enumerated attribute declarations like so: <!ATTLIST MyElement MyAttribute (One | Two | Three) "One" > The VB code needs to generate dynamic pick-list for all the attributes that appear in the DTD as part of a data-entry application; each dynamically created pick list should contain all the allowable values for the attribute as defined by the DTD (and presented in some kind of multiple choice control like a comb...

Using Excel in Mac office 2004 with Microsoft/Mac 2008:Analysis toolpack
Although I am disappointed with Office 2008 for Mac because of the absent of Analysis toolpack, I figured things out quite recently that I can still install my Mac office 2004 and use the excel package that contains the Analysis tool pack. How? ...... let me show you: 1. Insert your CD for Mac office 2004 2. When it open on your desk top, two options will be given to you to download the software (a) Office set-up assistant, and (b) Microsoft office 2004. 3. CHOOSE MICROSOFT OFFICE 2004 (Drag the icon onto your desk top) and it will start to run/download. 4. When done, this will appear as ...

Using subtotals as single data entries
Sorry about the subject--I couldn't figure out how to describe it simply. I have a large file (16,000 records) of amounts billed by roughly 10,000 service providers. A number of these providers have multiple office locations, so each record is unique to a specific office location. In other words, a provider who billed from 3 different office locations will have 3 entries. Each provider has a unique provider ID number, which stays the same regardless of which office location he is billing from. I want to be able to subtotal the amount billed by each provider for all their office locations...

Using Risk+ with MSP 2007
We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? My hunch this not a generic issue, but surely best that you consult with the Risk+ people on this. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 02/03/10 18:08, Tom Mc wrote: > We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works > approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run > into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? W...

Excel formulation to automate values
Hi there, I have a little problem on arranging a small multi-worksheet excel here. Let me explain in a short way then give some details on it. I am trying to make an offers recordsheet which has two worksheets in it. One for products(and their base prices) and an offer sheet. I would like to use a bit dynamic data here. So when I type the name of the product excel would give me the price from other worksheet. in details; Prices worksheet is something like: A B 1 Product BasePrice 2 mouse 5 3 keyboard 8 4 ... And the ...