2nd try, parameter values

I'm having problems posting... sorry if this comes up twice.

I have parameter values set to make things easier for the users...

The prompt pulls Last Name or Emp #.  If the Emp# is not available, is
there a way to search by last name, including suffixes, but only
entering the last name?  or even just the first letter of the last
name?

0
melinda

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:31:24 -0700, melinda.pluma@agedwards.com wrote:

>I'm having problems posting... sorry if this comes up twice.
>
>I have parameter values set to make things easier for the users...
>
>The prompt pulls Last Name or Emp #.  If the Emp# is not available, is
>there a way to search by last name, including suffixes, but only
>entering the last name?  or even just the first letter of the last
>name?

Sure.

LIKE [Enter part of last name:] & "*"

will find Jacobs, Jones, etc. if the user type J.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
7/19/2007 6:08:52 PM
On Jul 19, 5:31 pm, melinda.pl...@agedwards.com wrote:
> I have parameter values set to make things easier for the users...
Good for you :) Even better if you support users who want to use both
flavours of ANSI Query Mode...

> The prompt pulls Last Name or Emp #.  If the Emp# is not available, is
> there a way to search by last name, including suffixes, but only
> entering the last name?  or even just the first letter of the last
> name?

e.g.

CREATE PROCEDURE GetEmployees (
[arg_Emp#] INTEGER = NULL,
arg_last_name VARCHAR(35) = NULL
)
AS
SELECT [Emp#], last_name, first_name, middle_name
FROM Employees
WHERE
(([arg_Emp#] IS NOT NULL AND [Emp#] = [arg_Emp#]) OR
([arg_Emp#] IS NULL AND (last_name LIKE arg_last_name & '*' OR
last_name LIKE arg_last_name & '%')));

Jamie.

Jamie

Adding a 2nd exchange server to an existing site.
We are looking to add a 2nd Exchange 2003 server to our org. We would like to have this server offsite in case of natural disater, power outage etc. Is there any way that both servers can have an up to date mailbox store for the users without 3rd party tools to synchronize this? Also- if not, why is this the case? Also would we need to adhere again to Microsoft licensing for this server or would our current cals and license still be legit? Thanks for your help. -- Mr.Max You are talking about a DR or GeoClustering solution and there is no way to do this natively in Exchange. You will...

Storing distinct values in an array #3
Aladin Akyurek Wrote: > You want formulas? well. i need to do that as part of a marco, because i will need to use those numbers repeatedly later on in the macro. shimeel -- shimeel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shimeel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15830 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=274278 ...

How to specify values for X axis in a Graph
i have two columns of data 1st for X axis & 2nd for Y axis.When i plot a graph selecting both columns,two different series are drawn,with default X axis values being taken automatically.How can I specify to have one columnn to have X axis values & draw graph of the corresponding values of second column. Thanks Choose XY (Scatter) as your Chart type. In article <1127835596.881061.59870@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Pankaj" <PankajSharma4u@gmail.com> wrote: > i have two columns of data 1st for X axis & 2nd for Y axis.When i plot > a graph selecting...

change format for time value
in column a i have duration time listed for minutes and seconds as m'ss". In column b i would like to show the same information as a but i would like to format the value as the total seconds. Ex if a1 = 1'30" then b1=90. What is the best way to do this? One way: B1: =A1 Format B1 as Format/Cells/Number/Custom [s] In article <6A3363E0-0215-439C-92A0-D714D0A63772@microsoft.com>, Qaspec <Qaspec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > in column a i have duration time listed for minutes and seconds as m'ss". In > column b i would like to s...

trying to concatenate two columns without removing leading zeros
A customer sent me a spreadsheet in an incorrect format for my purposes. I have about 13,000 records in Excel 2007 where I need to concatenate column 1 with column 2 to create the format I really need. The problem is that each of those columns contains numbers, and when I do an =a1&a2, if a1 contains 00123 and a2 contains 0121, I end up with 123121 when what I really need is 001230121. I've tried formatting the cells as text first without any luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! I'm not positive yet, but I *THINK* this may have worked. Let me see if when I o...

Sumif outputs values
Is there any way to do the same as SUMIF that will output the text of a cell? (SUMIF only outputs values) Basically two spreadsheets each with a similar list of names in one column and in the second column some info. the two sheets need to be merged into one with both sets of info next to the list of names. (Of course some of the names in each do not match as sheets were set up by different people at different times etc etc) about 80% will match though) many Thanks Take a look at VLOOKUP(), which will return text; another alternative is to nest a MATCH() function inside an INDEX() function...

edit button is grayed out when trying to edit tracks
When I right click on a track in my Library I can't access the edit button. It is grayed out. Any way to fix this? Does this happen for all tracks or just one? Is WMP still able to play the track? Check in Explorer if the corresponding file has the read-only attribute set, and remove this attribute if necessary. Also make sure that you have the required permissions to modify the file. Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk Rlst8IT1 wrote: > When I right click on a track in my Library I can't access the edit button. > It is grayed out. Any way to...

counting values in a column
I have a spreadsheet that I need to count values in a column. For instance Column A has the following values 1,15,3,45,1,1,15,20,3,10. I need to create another worksheet containing the answer as follows: Column A Column B 1 3 3 2 10 1 15 2 20 1 45 1 Your assistance is greatly appreciated I don't know if you want to do it manually or with a macro. I will explaing the manual method 1) You need to create a list of unique numbers. the advance metho...

Plotting Multiple Values per System in Chart
Hello, I need to chart 3 components for systems on a chart as follows: System A Current Capacity Current Utilization Planned Capacity System B Current Capacity Current Utilization Planned Capacity And so on... I set up a chart to display the first item over the course of 12 months, so I have Jan - Dec on the horizontal access and the capacity unit of measurement on the vertical. My data looks like this: System Jan Feb Mar... A 1000 1000 1000 B 2500 2500 2500 C ...

new line replacement in xsl:attribute value with fx2.0
Hi, I have the following xsl: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="html"/> <xsl:template match="/"> <a> <xsl:attribute name="href"> pippo </xsl:attribute> </a> </xsl:template> </xsl:stylesheet> (in the following test I put some spaces to in "& # XA" to eliminate html escaping problems) I get <a href="& # XA...

Search Multiple Queries w/ One Search parameter
I would like to use one search parameter; more than likely product name to search multiple queries on a single form. Possible? Thanks LA -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200708/1 Thanks will try now! Jerry Whittle wrote: >Yes. Put the search parameter in a text box on a form. Then in the criteria >of the appropriate fields in the queries, put something like below that calls >on the text box. > > [Forms]![frmParameter]![txtParameter] > >You could also put a button on the form to run code or a macro...

Delete columns based on a cell reference date value
I have a sheet titled 'data' that has source information and row 1 has columns H to BG with dates. On sheet 'Control' is a cell that has a free format cell for dates to be entered. I have named this cell 'WCDATA' for ease of another piece of code. I am tring to create a macro that will locate the date specified in WCDATA on the data sheet and delete all columns from H until that which matches WCDATA. Fortunately I have been running on a test file and I have tried several options but after considerable hair pulling am seeking assistance as am getting...

auto populate text box based on combo box value
I would like to set up the following to auto populate the fields below based on the value I select in the combo box: Rep field = combo box (LURequestor) with all info included pertaining to the rep The combo box row/source type is Table/Query; row source is SELECT qryReps.FullName, qryReps.[Last Name], qryReps.[First Name], qryReps.RegionNumber, qryReps.Region, qryReps.Division, qryReps.[RSM-Director] FROM qryReps ORDER BY qryReps.FullName; & RepID is hidden Region Number = unbound text box (Column 4) Region = unbound text box (Column 5) Manager = unbound text box (Colu...

Zero Values in Chart
Can anyone please tell me how to stop a chart from displaying zero values. EX: 10 x axis entries but only the first 5 contain non-zero values. Thanks in advance.... Russ If the cells are truly blanks, try Tools menu > Options > Chart tab > Show blank cells as... Not Plotted. If the cells only look like blanks, such as formulas that return "", change the "" to NA(): =IF(A1>0,A1,NA()) The NA() produces an ugly #N/A error in the sheet, but in line and scatter charts they aren't plotted. Debra Dalgleish shows how to hide the errors with conditional f...

Running Sum + initial value
Hello everyone, I have a report that almost works. I am able to create a running sum easily, but my running sum needs to also include an initial deposit amount, is there a way to do this? This is what I want: Initial deposit $1000 date totalDeposit totalWithd total TotalAvail jan $100 0 100 $1100 feb $100 0 100 $1200 mar $100 0 100 $1300 Make deposit record in Jan. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "phillip9" wrote: > Hell...

Newton Funds showing incorrect values
Previously it has been identified that there's a problem when downloading values for Newton Funds. The suggestion was that this wasn't unusual and would be corrected. However, it's still a problem and I wondered whether anyone knew when the correction was likely to happen! I'm using MONEY 2004 on Windows XP No, we don't know. It might be worth raising an UK MSN Money problem ticket so they know you're waiting on it, if you haven't already. (http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/322.aspx) -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org/ Check http:...

Problem trying to generate a report with a formula
Hi all, I'm trying to generate a report and am having trouble with the formula. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is what I need to be able to do. I have 6 worksheets in the same workbook, worksheets 1 - 5 are identically laid out and the sixth is the one I want to generate a report on. Column A is for peoples names, Columns B-H are labelled Monday - Sunday on top. If the person in A2 is working on Monday then I would type "Yes" into B2 and so on for the rest of the week and for the rest of the rows also. It is the case that not everyone will work everyday, ther...

reference value in a cell
I have these values in sheets. Sheet2!A1 = 5 Sheet3!A1 = 7 Now, I put Sheet1!A1 = "Sheet2" which can be varied to "Sheet3" or "Sheet4" etc. User has to provide the name of the sheet here in Sheet1!A1. The problem is what formula to put in Sheet1!A3 so that it checks the value in Sheet1!A1 and depending on sheet name, takes the value of A1 of that sheet. Ofcourse it is wrong, but, something like this [Sheet1!A1]![A1] i.e. if I write Sheet1!A1 = "Sheet3", the value in Sheet1!A3 becomes =7. Any help is appreciated. Try this: =INDIRECT(A1&"...

C++ Combo Box
I have a drop list styled C++ Combo Box. Everything works fine when testing in the editor. But when I compile my dll and run it on another machine, there are no values in the drop down box. I expanded the drop down box so it has room to display values but the values I put in the Data property do not show up when I click the down arrow, it only shows the white space for the background of the control. This is meant to display Jr or Sr so in the Data property I put Jr;Sr. I'm new to c++ and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Brian Are you by any chance clearing up the comb...

please verify that your username & password are correct... try your call again.
Keep getting this message, but I've already verified that my username and password are correct...what do i do now? In microsoft.public.money, suzanne wrote: >Keep getting this message, but I've already verified that >my username and password are correct...what do i do now? Starting some version of Money? Downloading transactions from a particular financial institution? If the latter, sometimes the FI is having a temporary problem with the server. ...

Alternating Row Formats When Cell Value Changes
I have a list of schools with the school names in column B and the school's district number in column C. I'd like to alternate the row shading each time the district number changes. Is there a formula that can be used for conditional formatting, VB code or some other method to do this? Thanks for any help or advice, Andrew My Excel add-in "Shade Data Rows" does that. It shades groups of like valued rows or will shade by every nth row. Choice of shade colors and an option to skip hidden rows. Comes with a one page Word.doc install/use file. It is free upon direct req...

Enter Parameter Value
I have a continuous/tabular form of report with two fields DEBIT & CREDIT I have created two custom calculating controls in form of textboxes as follows: Name of control "DBALANCE" =IIf([DEBIT]>[CREDIT],[DEBIT]-[CREDIT],0) and Name of control "CBALANCE" =IIf([DEBIT]<[CREDIT],-[DEBIT]+[CREDIT],0) They work perfectly, however, now, when I insert: =SUM([DBALANCE]) & =SUM([CBALANCE]) in the report footer to calculate the grand total the report on being turned on asks for parameter value for DBALANCE & CBALANCE Any reason and way to resolve...

Need a zero value
I need a zero value when J5 and L5 are empty (blank). I keep getting #VALUE!. I've tried the following formulas: =IF(J5>0,L5/J5,IF(J5<0,0)) =IF(J5>0,L5/J5,0) =IF(J5=0,"",L5/J5) All return #VALUE! See if this works for you: =IF(AND(J5="",L5=""),0,L5/J5) "heater" wrote: > I need a zero value when J5 and L5 are empty (blank). I keep getting > #VALUE!. I've tried the following formulas: > =IF(J5>0,L5/J5,IF(J5<0,0)) > =IF(J5>0,L5/J5,0) > =IF(J5=0,"",L5/J5) > All return #VALUE! > > =if(...

How do I check for repeated values in three distinct columns?
If anyone can help me! I have three distinct ranges that are not connected. A2:A20 C2:C20 E2:E20 I want to be able to choose a number from 1 to 300 and place it in any of these cells but not allowing it to repeat, giving an error message if it does. I know how to use this formula in the data validation to not allow a repeat in one column: =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$20,A2) = 1 But, when I tried different ways to include the other columns, Excel wouldn't allow me to do it. I have Excel 2000. Please Help me! Claudio ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http:...

Trying to resurrect outlook
I am trying to reassemble Outlook data from a damaged disk. I have imported every .pst file that I can find. I have gathered every .pab and .wab file I could find. This is an older computer first put in service in 1999 and updated and updated and updated to XP and Office 2003. The last place I can think of looking for contacts I can't find is in the old 2000 Contact Manager; however, I don't know what the file extension for that is. Can someone help with that and maybe also give me some more ideas of where to look. There are supposed to be many hunderds of contacts on this disk ...