"The Microsoft Office Access database engine does not recognize...

I have a query and one of the fiels is numLevel.  Then i have a form wirh an
unbound combo called txtLevel.

then in that query in criteria under numLevel i have:
[Forms]![frmEmailScheduleToClientMenu]![txtLevel]

So if i select a value from the combo box and click my command button to
open the query it shows me the correct results.

The problem is i want to change the name of the combo box on my form to
numLevel.  I do that and save and then go change the criteria to:

[Forms]![frmEmailScheduleToClientMenu]![txtLevel]

But then when i run the query it says:

"The Microsoft Office Access database engine does not recognize
'Forms!frmEmailScheduleToClientMenu!numLevel as a valid field name or
expression."

Why is that?  I changed it both places?

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 10:07:01 -0800, ant1983
<ant1983@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a query and one of the fiels is numLevel.  Then i have a form wirh an
>unbound combo called txtLevel.
>
>then in that query in criteria under numLevel i have:
>[Forms]![frmEmailScheduleToClientMenu]![txtLevel]
>
>So if i select a value from the combo box and click my command button to
>open the query it shows me the correct results.
>
>The problem is i want to change the name of the combo box on my form to
>numLevel.  I do that and save and then go change the criteria to:
>
>[Forms]![frmEmailScheduleToClientMenu]![txtLevel]
>
>But then when i run the query it says:
>
>"The Microsoft Office Access database engine does not recognize
>'Forms!frmEmailScheduleToClientMenu!numLevel as a valid field name or
>expression."
>
>Why is that?  I changed it both places?

You say the criterion is txtLevel, but that you changed the name to numLevel.
Which is it? What is the Name property of the textbox on the form?
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 10:07:01 -0800, ant1983
> <ant1983@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have a query and one of the fiels is numLevel.  Then i have a form wirh an
> >unbound combo called txtLevel.
> >
> >then in that query in criteria under numLevel i have:
> >[Forms]![frmEmailScheduleToClientMenu]![txtLevel]
> >
> >So if i select a value from the combo box and click my command button to
> >open the query it shows me the correct results.
> >
> >The problem is i want to change the name of the combo box on my form to
> >numLevel.  I do that and save and then go change the criteria to:
> >
> >[Forms]![frmEmailScheduleToClientMenu]![txtLevel]
> >
> >But then when i run the query it says:
> >
> >"The Microsoft Office Access database engine does not recognize
> >'Forms!frmEmailScheduleToClientMenu!numLevel as a valid field name or
> >expression."
> >
> >Why is that?  I changed it both places?
>
> You say the criterion is txtLevel, but that you changed the name to numLevel.
> Which is it? What is the Name property of the textbox on the form?
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 00:08:01 -0800, ant1983
<ant1983@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Sorry, i meant i change it to numLevel in bothe places and then get the error.

Please post your actual query in SQL view, and indicate the Name properties of
your form and the relevant form controls.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

coin collecting database
A coin collecting database that will allow pictures to be added. On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 05:23:01 -0800, U_R_sum_1_too <U_R_sum_1_too@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >A coin collecting database that will allow pictures to be added. You're talking to unpaid human volunteers, not to a search engine. Such a database can certainly be developed, but you're probably not going to find one in this newsgroup. Try going to http://www.bing.com or http://www.google.com and search for "coin collection database" or "numismatism database" to see if anyone has...

sendkeys action requires utility add in access 2003
I Know that this has been asked before. My question is why it will not pop up on one computer but will on another. The same actions being performed. Any input will be helpful. Thanks Craig "Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A3A76CB-9556-4B9D-B85E-39F13771D0C8@microsoft.com... >I Know that this has been asked before. My question is why it will not >pop > up on one computer but will on another. The same actions being performed. > Any input will be helpful. > > Thanks Craig You'll have to give a few more details a...

how can i access CRM from ouside LAN
Hi All, if i have a implementation of MS CRM 3 in my office. All users of CRM can access it from within the LAN through windows authentication. How can they access it from their home or some remote position. i dont want to use offline CRM/outlook functionality. Can i access MS CRM 3 online from anywhere on internet, something like assignin it some IP. Please explain. You can serve it out just as you would any other website in IIS. Make sure you use an SSL certificate so your CRM data is protected behind https. If your CRM server has a fixed external IP address or is reachable via a URL, y...

Office apps won't open, report Office in use by another use
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel A few days ago, our Office applications started showing the report that "An Office program is being used by "user." your installation exceeds the number of installations permitted by thelicense agreement. Click More Information to learn about Microsoft Office licensing." But OFFICE ISN'T BEING USED BY ANYONE. All computers have been restarted to no avail. HELP! <sakas@officeformac.com> wrote: > A few days ago, our Office applications started showing the report that > "An Office p...

Out of Office Assistant not appearing
I am trying to set up Out of Office Assistant on a users PC in Outlook and it is not in the Tools menu. The client connects to an exchange server and POP is not being used. I have looked at Help, which is asking me to check a box saying 'Exchange Extensions commands' on the Add-in Manager. I did this but it appears to have done nothing - i.e. the Out of Office Assistant still will not appear in the Tools menu. Also, I have compared my pc to the users pc and I have alot more options within the Add-in Manager. Help please? Kendall. Did you enable the Exchange Extensions (.ecf)? I...

Business Contact Manager 2003 Database Update
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3962C.16F7ECA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dear All, I have what I believe a serious problem here. I have been using Outlook = 2003 with Business Contact Manager when it was in Beta 2 and even after = the Technical Refresh. Now, after both are released, I need to use the = BCM database that I have populated. The problem is that the database = cannot be backed up and then restored to the RTM BCM. It keeps telling = me that the version is differen...

User not accessed the system since last 2 months
Is there any script available to determine accounts that have not logged in for the past x months. Please provide us the link and and guide line how to use that ? Thanks ...

New MicroSoft OFFICE: mac user
Hi I've just loaded the program; am in the process of switching over my old word processing. 1) friends are having trouble "reading" my "doc" attachments 2) I cannot light up & drag & drop more than a page of text. This is my preferred method due to low skills levels in some of my friends. Doubtless, I'm doing something wrong. My question is: what am I screwing up? thanks DM In article <1c3f801c4524d$d5370a10$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "Dennis M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > I've just loaded the program; am...

Accessing Custom fields (propery)
Hi everyone, Any one who can tell me how to access custom fields using the CRM web service? Thanlks, ...

Microsoft Update Agent fails to install
When I try to manualy update Vista basic it first wants me to update the Update Agent to ver. 7.4.7600.226. This update fails with error 8007005 and I can not do any system updates. Have searched this group and the entire web for answer to this problem for at least 4 hours without success. Any help wold be ppreciated... On Nov 15, 3:00=A0pm, MichaelY <michaely1...@gmail.com> wrote: > When I try to manualy update Vista basic it first wants me to update > the Update Agent to ver. 7.4.7600.226. This update fails with error > 8007005 and I can not do any system updates. ...

General MS Access Programming
I have spent almost 46 years learning, using and teaching different programming languages and quite frankly, I have never found anything more confusing than trying to program functions in MS Access. I have given up trying to learn how by studying other people's coding examples. What is available to help learn the subject in the form of self-study courses? Thanks, George I'm puzzled by this, given that Access uses the same VBA as the rest of the Office products, and that it's virtually indistinguishable from "Classic" VB. Jeff Conrad has a fabulous list of Acces...

Install corrective pack from the Microsoft
--mciyogjcqpurvx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="fyniylufsgjb"; type="multipart/alternative" --fyniylufsgjb Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="uozmjjbwbpme" --uozmjjbwbpme Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help ...

web access autentication
hi every body i have installed an exchange 2003 in my domain and enable web access on it. every useres who want to access with web have to enter servers FQDN/exchange to browse it . after that a user name and password box apeared to them . im looking for a way if users login to domain , web access dosenot looking for autentication and after browsing server ip address that box dose not shown to them ! please lead me if it possible! In fact, the two last sentences are hard to understand. If my understanding is correct, you may try, http://exchangename/exchange or if you have only one e...

Database table relationships
In visio 2007 I can not connect the relationship heads and tails to tables - Any suggestions? Thanks ...

Problem with installation of Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007
L.S. I have problem with re-installing Microfost Office Enterprise 2007. With the help of Google I discovered that a part of the problem were the remnants of the former installation that didn't show up in the "Software" window, and I removed them using Windows Install Cleanup. Now the installation process is proceeding further that before, but still cancels at a certain point, restarting the computer doesn't seem to help. In the "SetupExe"document in my \Temp map the following frase seems to point at the error in the installation: Log level chan...

Office apps take forever to quit
A very strange problem...all my Office X apps, Entourage, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, everything, take over a minute to quit, sometimes over two minutes. I tried to reinstall but the CD says no installation is necessary and the problem persists. I do not have this problem with Explorer or any other application. Running an 800MHz G4 iMac with 512MB RAM and Panther. Thanks for any help! In article <BBE41012.2730%mpb26@georgetown.edu>, Matthew Benham <mpb26@georgetown.edu> wrote: > A very strange problem...all my Office X apps, Entourage, Word, Excel, > Powerpoint, everythi...

Access 2002 vs Access 2003 10-19-07
I recently purchased the book, Access 2003 Inside Out only to find out the OfficePro XP uses Access 2002. Is any appreciable difference between A02 and A03? Thanks you Harold HaroldT <HaroldT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently purchased the book, Access 2003 Inside Out only to find out the >OfficePro XP uses Access 2002. Is any appreciable difference between A02 and >A03? Appreciable, no. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links...

Getting data from Access
I am trying to use the Get External Data function to pull data from an Access query however I keep getting an error that says: "Microsoft Query: msqry32.exe - Application error The instruction at 0x000000072 referenced memory at 0x000000072. Memory could not be read Click OK to Terminate Click on CANCEL to debug" I am using Excel and Access 2000. Does anyone have any idea why I keep getting this error? Check out this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/accessexcel.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "NChris" <NChris@discussions.micr...

Problem with backup of microsoft exchange information store
Having a problem with backup exec 10d backing up microsoft exchange information store. Worked yesterday, but not today. Error is as below. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Job ended: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 8:49:28 PM Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe0008488 - Access is denied. Final error category: Security Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33928 Backup- \\NYMAIL03\Microsoft Exchange Information Store V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied. Access denied to database . Hi, You should rally check with Veritas, but here is what a ...

Cannot open database ?
Hi Got a database at work I wrote in 2003, brought a copy home to modify and use here. Now got Access 2007, can load initial form (switchboard) but none of the command buttons work. Can get to design view, all queries and tables run okay. Looked on Tools\User & Group Permissions - Open/Run is the only disabled button on the forms only. All tables, macros etc. all buttons enabled. Access has the Open/Run button disabled. Any idea how I can enable it and run my database please? Thank you Al On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 08:16:01 -0800, Al9315 <Al9315@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook trying to access regedit.exe
Hi, I am running a host intrusion protection service, and it has blocked outlook from opening/reading regedit.exe. If outlook wanted to change the registry, would it not use the relevant API? Is there any reason for it to use regedit.exe? Any help much appreciated :-) ...

how to create a calendar to select a date in access 2007
I want to select a date from a pop up calendar on the form. Access 2007 automatically adds a date picker to a Date/Time field. -- Lynn Trapp MCP, MOS, MCAS "keithteri" wrote: > I want to select a date from a pop up calendar on the form. ...

Very slow 2003 database when ran in 2007 with Vista
Subject says it all. I have tried to read through previous postings but want to know is there a fix offered by microsoft right now? Or any other suggestions. I have aa Access project created in Access 2003 (Windows XP) that I am trying to run in 2007 with Vista and some forms run ok but others are deathly slow. Thanks for the help! Do you need help? That's what my first entry said. Thanks "Isaac" wrote: > Do you need help? > > Maybe the following helpfix will help you: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936519 . There are also rumors that Office 2007 SP1 wi...

How to I convert text to curves in Microsoft Publisher?
You can't. This is a feature normally found in draw applications rather than DTP applications. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Michael, you can put text into Word Art, make it look like normal text by choosing a basic style and then you can shape it with Word Art shapes. It won't be practical for long text but for titles and stuff it works terrific. -- Katmido University of Delaware "Ed Bennett" wrote: > You can't. This is a feature normally found in draw applications rather > than DTP applications. > > -- > Ed Benn...

RMS Database Questions
We are working on a RMS project with some customization for data extraction and reporting. The data extraction and reporting mandates maximum number of characters for certain fields, such as ItemLookupCode, which cannot excede 14 characters. We are evaluating some of the possible options to meet this requirement. One of the possible solutions appears to be changing the field lengths in the RMS database tables. We have the following questions and appreciate your help if you have any answer for us. a) Is this a viable option? b) Can you resize any or all the columns? c) Can you extend...