'Find' Dialog

Hi

I would like to set the default of the 'Find' Dialog to 'Match any part of
field'

Is that possible and how?

Thank you,
Samuel

0
Samuel

Two different 'Paste Special dialogs?
In different situations, I get different dialogs when I choose Edit|Paste Special. When pasting from a NotePad document, the dialog has a scrolling ListBox in the center captioned "As:" and a "Result" display underneath that explains the currently-selected ListBox option. Also, when pasting from a .XLS that I create in VBA, the "As/Result" dialog appears - whereas the user expects to be able to transpose. OTOH, when pasting from another spreadsheet - not created by my VBA routine - the Paste Special dialog contains no ListBox. Instead it contains two option ...

finding cell values
If I have a column of numbers and want to find which of these numbers add up to a specific value how do you do this using a formula? eg; have values 50, 28,32,19,42 and the sum value is 102. Can you make excel identify the values that make up to 102 without manually trying to find them yourself? You can use solver (add-in that comes with office) http://tinyurl.com/4doog is a link how to do it -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "mellowe" <mellowe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8FB0FA91-9A78-4561-BF0B-AA45480CD45E@microsoft.com... &...

How to modify the address lookup dialog?
The address look-up dialog only allows a look-up for the BILL-TO or SHIP-TO addresses. We want to add a third option, i.e. the LEGAL address. How can we modify the dialog screen to look-up other address types (besides BILL-TO and SHIP-TO) and insert that address instead? Which form are you starting from? -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Henricus" wrote: > The address look-up dialog only allows a look-up for the BILL-TO or SHIP-TO > addresses. We want to add a third option, i.e. the LEGAL address. How can >...

Maximising a Dialog application at startup
How do I maximise a my dialog at runtime? I have: m_nCmdShow = SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED; in the InitInstance, but nothing happens. Works for my SDI based app, not a dialog based one. >How do I maximise a my dialog at runtime? In the dialog's OnInitDialog handler you can use ShowWindow (SW_MAXIMIZE). Dave Hi, For dialogs u need to use setwindowpos or movewindow for resizing.You can either of these functions in the oninitdialog of your dialog. /Kiran hamishd wrote: > How do I maximise a my dialog at runtime? > > I have: m_nCmdShow = SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED; > in the InitInstance, ...

Fade-in/Fade-out of images in vc++ (Dialog based application)
Hi. I wanted to know how I could go about developing fade-in/fade-out transitions of images in a dialog based mfc application.(I am using CImage class) Regards, Rahul This article talks about that a bit... not using CImage class, but perhaps it will be of some help. http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/05/12/catwork/default.aspx Tom <rahul.thathoo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150436043.652481.162040@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... > Hi. > > I wanted to know how I could go about developing fade-in/fade-out > transitions of images in a dialog based mfc applica...

Modeless dialog always on top/forefront of the screen
Is there a reason why a modeless dialog is on the top/forefront of the screen? Is there a way to prevent this? Also is there a way to minimize the modeless child dialog when the parent is minimized? code examples would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. If you are talking about the child dialog always being in front of the parent dialog, that is how things are. If you want the child to be placed behind the parent, then the two dialogs have to be sibilings (meaning they must both have the same parent). void CParentDialog::BringUpChildDlg() { m_ChildDialog.Create(CChildDlg::IDD,GetParent())...

Why can't I find the download for microsoft office standard editi
why can't I find the download for microsoft office standard edition 2003 creampuff wrote: > why can't I find the download for microsoft office standard edition 2003 It don't exist as a download? It never was available as a download? It's four years old? Just a few guesses... Because 2003 is not the current version any longer and Microsoft only offers trials of new software. It looks like Amazon.com still carries Office 2003 but I don't know for how much longer. If you are positive you want an older version of software, then I'd suggest you buy it ASAP. --...

SubDialogs in Main Dialog...
Hi All, My application is a Dialog based one and my requirement is simply to get the Login Dialog and other dialogs inside the Main Dialog.. How should i do this... TIA sanjeev_magoo@yahoo.com (Sanjeev) wrote in message news:<ac6d1213.0401190548.1af425b5@posting.google.com>... > Hi All, > My application is a Dialog based one and my requirement is > simply to get the Login Dialog and other dialogs inside the Main > Dialog.. > > How should i do this... > > TIA Plz...Plz... Someone reply... i need this urgently.... ...

Find and Copy loop problem
I am trying to create a macro that defines a range, and if it finds a cell with a "Y" in it copies and moves the cells next to it. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to do any finding. I just copies whatever it is next to. I'm probably not defining the loop correctly. Any help? Dim RngToSearch As Range Dim RngToFind As Range Dim RngCopy As Range Sheets("Bid Generation").Select Set RngToSearch = Range("G9:G1003") Set RngToFind = RngToSearch.Find("Y") If RngToFind Is Nothing Then Else For Each cell In RngToFind ActiveCell.Offset(0...

Send or Not Send dialog box
When sending an email from within Excel (2002) through Outlook (2002), I get a popup dialog box asking permission to send the email. Can I supress this dialog box or in some way not have it popup? Thank you for the assistance. Don See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm for your options with regard to = the "object model guard" security in Outlook 2000 SP2 and later = versions.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "...

Finding the lowest mode in a set of numbers
Using Excel 2002, I am analyzing sets of numbers. One statistic Ii look at is the Mode. If the set of numbers has more than 1 mode, how can I get the Mode function to return the lowest Mode? Thanks, Tonso See Harlan Groove's comment in: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?&query=more+than+one+mode&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions&p=1&tid=abcc6020-b02a-4790-96b4-6d1599f4611d -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007c "Tonso" wrote: > Using Excel 2002, I am analyzing sets of ...

How can I find the UI thread from a BackgroundWorker?
My basic problem is this: I have a background process that, while the entire process takes too long to wait for, each piece causes the UI to update more often and still results in a locked UI thread. I'm getting a list of filesystem objects and inserting them into a listview. Being on a network the file list can be huge, so I execute that part on a BackgroundWorker thread. The problem is that every single filesystem object makes the listview resort and repaint, this takes longer than it does to get a filesystem object causing the UI to be updating so much it's locked. I'...

Using print dialog and saving the settings
Good morning all, I have checked this group and other groups for assistance on what I want to do and so far I have not found exactly what I am looking for. I have created a form that allows for label templates to be loaded to a single report on the fly. To accomplish this, the user opens the label creation form, which directs the user to open rptLabels in design view; all settings for margins, column count row count etc are loaded into the report, then the report is saved. The form the allows the user to save these settings to a table. This saves the report's PrtMip structure to a table ...

Re: Problems with google desktop not finding archive emails
Hi, I have been troubleshooting this issue for a while now..nothing seems to work. When I google desktop search for an email the email it is found but if i try to view it in outlook it will say "Google Desktop was unable to open the item. It may have been moved or deleted in Outlook." I have re-indexed the whole drive and have added the specific location where the .pst archive folders are located. But i still get that error message for some emails. If anybody has encountered this issue please help!! It will be much appreciated, thanks!!! May I suggest... er... calling Google sup...

What is this Strange Characet? Find/Replace
Hey guys- Got a CSV file here that has an address field using a weird character to separate the address line from the city/state/zip. The character is a square box. I'm trying to do a find/replace on the thing, but, I don't know what it is to be able to tell excel to find it. I've tried to copy/paste it into the Find/Replace search box, but it won't recognize it. Can someone tell me what this character is (is it a 'return' signal, a tab, what?) so that I can replace it with a normal character in excel? Thanks! D Chip Pearson has an addin that can help you find...

Find/Replace on Range?
When I highlight a column or some cells I can not restrict a FINE and REPLACE to those highlighted cells. Can this be done so that it doesn't search the whole sheet? Using Excel 2003. All When you select a range of cells and specify "within" Sheet from Options the Find will take place only in the selected range. If you specify "within" Workbook the Find will ignore your selected range and do the workbook. Same goes for Replace. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:52:54 -0700, "Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote: >When I ...

Adding code right after the "Save As" dialog box
I have created an excel application whose footer has -apart from other things- the full path and file name where the excel workbook resides. I would like this information (fullpath + file name) to be reflected in the footer when my user clicks on “Save as”. How can I invoke an event and make decisions –change the footer- based upon what my user has entered in Save As? The ThisWorkbook module has a BeforeSave event for ThisWorkbook where you should be able to do that in. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Find and Replace: Using White Space Combination Character
Hello All, I am trying to remove the occurence of two spaces between words from my Mail Merged Publisher 2003. I am doing the following in the Find and Replace Dialog: Find What: ^W^W Replace With: ^W After that I click Replace and I get the message "Publisher Could Not Find Any Matching Text". However, there are about 30 instances of two spaces after a word because the blank Middle Name issue in my Mail Merge produced these multiple instances of two spaces. The character combination codes were taken from MS Publisher Help|Find and Replace|Find What|Tip. Any ideas on this....

Report/Advanced find
I need to create either a report or advanced find ( reportsserver still not working yet) to show activities logged against a contact over the last month. This is to display any outstanding leads that need to be chased up e.t.c. What is the best way of achieving this? Many thanks, Neil Paddock. ...

How to find the cookies hit by paticular URL
Hi i am woring on AntiSpyware application, currently i am checking cookies. Could anybody please tell me about "How to find the cookies hit by paticular URL", like when i log in to yahoo i would be informed that yahoo is reading or writing the cookies. How i get count of cookies hit by particular site. Thanks in advance.... Mujtaba ...

KB945412-v10 sp1 fails
Hi, I installed GP on my laptop and created the sample company. logged in and out. Next, I ran the upgrade to SP1 and it failed. The error message follows: Title: Windows Installer The upgrade cannot be installed by the Windows installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch. I think I might know why - the OS and programs are all installed on the E drive. In a post in 2007, John Oberlin ran into...

Help comparing data in 2 columns and finding same data in both
Hi, I have a 2 column spreadsheet with numerical data in each column. I need to compare columns and note which numbers are in both columns (preferably in a third column) example: I have this... col A col B 1001855 1001855 1001855 1001866 1001866 1001877 1001866 1001888 1001877 1001899 I need this.... col A col B col C 1001855 1001855 X 1001855 1001866 X 1001866 1001877 X 1001866 1001888 1001877 1001899 A has over 14,000 lines and B has over 10,000 either may have duplicates. Suggestions? Thanks Max Max One way: =IF(COUNTIF(A:A,$B1)>0,"X&qu...

Find unmatched rows between 2 worksheets
Good Morning. I am running Excel 2007.I have 2 work sheets with the same type of data.I need to match thw two and find the rows in one sheet which are not in the other.Please help On Jan 12, 11:00=A0am, Rumy <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Good Morning. I am running Excel 2007.I have 2 work sheets with the same = type > of data.I need to match thw two and find the rows in one sheet which are = not > in the other.Please help If there is a column with unique values (like some kind of a primary key) a simple VLookup will do it. ...

Having trouble finding the right function
Hi, I am trying to get excell to auto fill a list of names onto a spreadsheet, the only twist is that if the name is blank it need to move onto the next available cell, what is the formula for this??? Thanks G Try this: B1=IF(A1>1,A1,"") drag it down column B (if that's what you r using) or to suit. Corey.... "g" <g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:021334A2-488A-4347-8C36-4E3B0F6C575B@microsoft.com... > Hi, I am trying to get excell to auto fill a list of names onto a > spreadsheet, the only twist is that if the name is blank it nee...

Dynamic change of dialog controls' properties
I've recently started to learn programming for Windows with MFC, and it seems quite difficult to find any pertinent info on how to dynamically change properties of the dialog controls that are specified in a resource file. For example, there are static text, input field and spin button controls that are initially disabled or grayed (i.e. has the WS_DISABLE attribute). I want to change their status to the opposite when one of the parent radio buttons is selected or de-activated. How do I do this Thanks a lot YuriP "YuriP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...