"Expr 1014" if field of query ?

In attempting to troubleshoot some problems in a query, I noticed that
three of the fields (design mode of Access 2000) showed "Expr 1014",
"Expr 1015","Expr 1016".  Data exists in the fields when I execute the
query.  What does this mean?
0
BobC

Correction: three of the fields (Run mode of Access 2000)

BobC wrote:
> In attempting to troubleshoot some problems in a query, I noticed that
> three of the fields (design mode of Access 2000) showed "Expr 1014",
> "Expr 1015","Expr 1016".  Data exists in the fields when I execute the
> query.  What does this mean?
0
BobC
2/28/2008 3:17:44 AM
This generally suggests the same field name is used in the design of your
query multiple times. If you can't figure this out, post your query SQL view
and possibly your field names (if you are using SELECT *).
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"BobC" wrote:

> In attempting to troubleshoot some problems in a query, I noticed that
> three of the fields (design mode of Access 2000) showed "Expr 1014",
> "Expr 1015","Expr 1016".  Data exists in the fields when I execute the
> query.  What does this mean?

Duane failed to mention that you could have a calculated field (column) that
was not titled when the field was created.  Access will automatically give
these calculated fields an a name of EXPR followed by a number.

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008

"Duane Hookom" <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> This generally suggests the same field name is used in the design of your
> query multiple times. If you can't figure this out, post your query SQL
> view
> and possibly your field names (if you are using SELECT *).
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "BobC" wrote:
>
>> In attempting to troubleshoot some problems in a query, I noticed that
>> three of the fields (design mode of Access 2000) showed "Expr 1014",
>> "Expr 1015","Expr 1016".  Data exists in the fields when I execute the
>> query.  What does this mean?

0
John

"Expr 1014" if field of query ?
In attempting to troubleshoot some problems in a query, I noticed that three of the fields (design mode of Access 2000) showed "Expr 1014", "Expr 1015","Expr 1016". Data exists in the fields when I execute the query. What does this mean? Correction: three of the fields (Run mode of Access 2000) BobC wrote: > In attempting to troubleshoot some problems in a query, I noticed that > three of the fields (design mode of Access 2000) showed "Expr 1014", > "Expr 1015","Expr 1016". Data exists in the fields when I execute t...