Windows 7 automatic clicks

I have moved to Win 7 (64b).
Now when I click on a button on a form I have to quickly move the cursor off
the button or it will automatically execute another click.  How do I prevent
this?

Thank you

Answered in your post 4 hours later.

0
Allen

Internet - Take Advantage of Multiple Windows When Surfing
-- Internet - Take Advantage of Multiple Windows When Surfing SUMMARY: Stop jumping back and forth between index pages by using several browser windows. Why use one web browser window when you can have multiple? If you have an adequate amount of memory, open up several web browsers to maximize your surfing experience. One great way to do this is via a start page. Select a page from where you would like to begin browsing, such as a table of contents or links page. Now, instead of left-clicking on links or entries to view other pages, right-click the links. From the pop-up menu that a...

Update for Windows Vista (KB976662) has failed to install
Can anyone help, I have tried on numerous occasions to update the above but on every occasion as failed "Echo8" wrote: > Can anyone help, I have tried on numerous occasions to update the above but > on every occasion as failed Echo8 wrote: > Can anyone help, I have tried on numerous occasions to update the > above but on every occasion as failed mes wrote: > I also keep getting a not repsonding Nothing like tacking onto an existing conversation and ignoring the request for more information just like the original poster. ;-) -- Shena...

Using the windows firewall
I plan to open up one of the interfaces on my Excahnge 2003 box to the internet so that I can use OWA. I plan to use the built in firewall in Windows Server 2003. What ports do I need to leave open to allow OWA to work? HTTPS = 443 Or if no SSL, then HTTTP = 80. Is this the only firewall between your server and the internet? troy wrote: > I plan to open up one of the interfaces on my Excahnge 2003 box to the > internet so that I can use OWA. I plan to use the built in firewall in > Windows Server 2003. What ports do I need to leave open to allow OWA to > work? >...

switchboard fails to open automatically
Hi Folks, I have created a database in Access 2007. I have set the switchboard as the default, but it fails to launch automatically when the database is openned. It is the only switchboard in Switchboard Manager and it is set as the default. Please assist if you have any ideas. Thanks, -- Markb Go to tools/startup and set the switchboard to start when Access starts. "markb" wrote: > Hi Folks, > > I have created a database in Access 2007. I have set the switchboard as the > default, but it fails to launch automatically when the database is openned. > It is ...

Looking for a module in GP 7.5
We are currently using Great Plains 7.5 and there is a module that I wanted to find out more information on but am having a problem. When I use my online manuals, I see that there is a module called "Cashbook Bank Management". When I click on it, it says that it is not installed so I am unable to find out anything more on it. I was wondering if it was a module that would help you maintain your checkbook information in it by tracking balances, deposits, adjustsments, etc.... However, when I go to Customersource to inquire, it is as if this module no longer exists or may hav...

Resize Excel column's width automatically
How can an Excel column's width automatically increase/decrease depending on the maximium number of digits in any one cell of the column. I am wanting to use this for a template so the column must be able to increase or decrease. I am using a version that came with Microsoft Office XP Professional. Dog, Double click the border in the column header. This is a one-time adjustment of the column width. It doesn't dynamically adjust the width to the widest cell as does the Row Height Autofit. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net -----------------------------...

Can Money automaticly add catorgies to transactions
can money autometicly add a catorgy to a transaction you download from your bank based on prior transactions? In microsoft.public.money, Insane Bill <Insane Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >can money autometicly add a catorgy to a transaction you download from your >bank based on prior transactions? Yes. It learns by experience based on the Payee. So you would apply the category, and Money should catch on. "Insane Bill" <Insane Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81E7CBCB-9527-40C0-8AF4-51876A491250@microsoft.com... > can money aut...

Fun one! Windows explorer search
Hello everyone. I've been experiencing this issue for some time now, and frustration has finally got this cat. We have XP, SP2. Many times, more often that not, when I use the search function embedded in Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer), when I search for files and folders, searching by a word in the filename, my search returns empty results, even when I know there are files with that name. When I demonstrated this error to people before, I would navigate to a directory, point out a word in an existing file in said directory and tell them that is the word I will use in t...

How to align footnote separator in WORD 7?
the footnote separators are coming out aligned right even though I am writing in left aligned English. How can I change the separator alignment? Have you modified Normal style? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NoteSeparators.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Dvorab" <Dvorab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0CB9979-9C44-4634-8E8F-3DA9C2B2B097@microsoft.com... > the footnote separators are coming out aligned right even though I am > writing > in left ...

Running a select from the immediate window
I want to create and test my queries in the immediate window before adding them to my subs. In the immediate window i was able to create a table. DoCmd.RunSQL "create table test ([ff1] text (5));" I appended records using the same syntax DoCmd.RunSQL "..." Now i want to query out all the records. DoCmd.RunSQL "SELECT * from test;" Does not work. What is the correct syntax to run a select in the immediate window? thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com You can't. DoCmd.RunSQL only works with action queries: Ins...

frame window title without document name
I know there was a flag or something somewhere to disable the frame window title automatically being updated to reflect the document name. But I forgot. Where, How? Lisa It is the FWS_ADDTOTITLE flag. See http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0198/c0198.aspx -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Lisa Pearlson" <no@spam.plz> wrote in message news:%234wzAh80DHA.4032@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I know there was a flag or something somewhere to disable the frame window > title automatically being updated to reflect the doc...

Outlook 2007 wont start automatically even thoug in startup
I have copied and pasted my outlook icon into the startup manager, but it still doesn't open when I turn my computer on. Any ideas what I am doing wrong "OneNightWithTheKing" <OneNightWithTheKing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1C9A32F-BCD0-4583-ABD6-BEF0480E3107@microsoft.com... >I have copied and pasted my outlook icon into the startup manager, but it > still doesn't open when I turn my computer on. Any ideas what I am doing > wrong What "startup manager" is that? If you want Outlook to start when you log in, put ...

Protected cells -automatically format to a different color
My old dos spreadsheet (supercalc 5) used to colour the text of protected cells in a different color ,(which made the entry of data easy because the protected cells usually contain formulae ).When reentering new data I was then able to select the whole spreadsheet and "blank " all cells that are not protected in one keystroke. This left all cells that were protected with there formulae intact and highlighted in a different color. Can anyone suggest the way to do this in EXCEL? The ideal solution would be to create a format or a style that will automatically be used whenever a cel...

getting clicks on CListCtrl in CView?
hello, I have added a clistctrl to my cview but need to get when a user clicks and double clicks an item in it. Can someone tell me how to do this, or point me in the direction of finding out? Thanks D >I have added a clistctrl to my cview but need to get when a user >clicks and double clicks an item in it. >Can someone tell me how to do this, or point me in the direction of >finding out? Handle the NM_CLICK/NM_DBLCLK notifications. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

Reduced window with OE6?
I'm using OE 6 for ng reading. I've selected the Basic View layout, so I'm not using a preview pane. When I open a message, in a newsgroup, it always opens to a reduced window. I would like it to open to a maximized window, but I don't recognize the option in my toolbar selections. Any help? And Merry Christmas! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5....

a frame window with its title bar on the top of its menu bar (overlapped) ...
Hi, This is related to a previous post of mine, for which I got a lot of help from people but the problem was still not resolved. I am reducing the problem to the following piece of code with only one class (CFrameWnd) involved. Please bear with me to look into the problem one more time. HINSTANCE h = AfxGetResourceHandle(); AfxSetResourceHandle(::GetModuleHandle(_T("current.dll"))); CFrameWnd *pFrm = (CFrameWnd*)RUNTIME_CLASS(CFrameWnd)->CreateObject(); pFrm->LoadFrame(IDR_MAINFRAME, WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | FWS_ADDTOTITLE); pFrm->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); AfxSetResourceHand...

Run-time Error 7
Hi: Every time that I open Microsoft Excel 2002 (opening a blank spreadsheet), I get a Visual Basic dialog box that says "Run-Time Error 7". It does not seem to be a problem, really. I just press the "End" button in this VBA dialogue box and Excel opens just fine. It's more of a nuisance than a problem. Does anyone know how to get rid of this box so that it doesn't pop-up? Thanks! childofthe1980s Hi There's a poorly written addin residing either in Excel's startup folder (see Tools > Options for location) or installed (See Tools > Addin for...

Rules window doesn't display
When I go to Tools: Rules the rules wizard flashes and goes away. I cannot get it to display at all. This happens on 2 pc's and my laptop. Anyone have an idea of what is going on and how I can fix this? ...

Why do I only see this lookup result when I click on it?
I have a continous form control that only displays the results when I click on it (them). Can someone help me make it so they display permantly. the name of the control is: txt_Timer_Elapsed the code for the control is: =DLookUp("Timer_Elapsed","QRY_Run_Reveal_Timings","Run_waypoint_List_ID = " & [Run_waypoint_List_ID]) Add the necessary table and include the field Timer_Elapsed in the recordsource for the form, then make a bound control to show the value for Timer_Elapsed. Jeanette Cunningham "efandango" <efandango@discussions.micro...

Toggling between multiple notebook windows
I have been a user of QuattroPro for ten years, and I am just now trying to convert everything over to Excel. In QPW, when I have multiple notebooks (files) open at the same time, each notebook's name is shown as a button at the bottom of the screen in the status bar. (The files are also listed under the Window drop down menu at the top.) This makes it really easy to toggle from one file to the next by clicking on the button with the mouse. Can this be done in Excel also?? The only thing I have found so far is the Window drop down menu, and the file names in the taskbar, but bot...

incrementing formula reference by 7
I've tried several different ways to do this with no luck. I have a formula in a cell that refers to a cell on another worksheet in the same book. I need to have each subsequent formula (horizontally) refer to the cell referenced, but offset by 7 rows. Here's the example: Cell A1 formula Cell A2 should refer to Cell A3 should refer to ='Raw Data'!$E1 ='Raw Data'!$E8 ='Raw Data'!$E15 Help please? one way: =INDEX('Raw Data'!$E:$E,(ROW()-1)*7+1) In article <486D107D-430E-4387-A7ED-90E5E...

OL 2007 Adding Windows Live Mail news only
Anyway to get a call in Outlook for Windows Live Mail in news only mode for Windows 7? When I customize a toolbar button to add a link for WLM as "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news it reverts the forward slash to a back slash and errors out saying the link is bad. Thx Create a shortcut in Windows and then drag and drop that into the Shortcuts Navigation. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ R...

Windows XP sp 2 Firewall blocking UDP transport?
Hello, I've been fighting an uphill battle with new mail notifications not being pushed to my clients. to this point, i'm going to suspect that the windows XP service pack 2 firewall (on my default) on my network is causing the problem. It only seems to effect people randomly... usually an exchange reboot will get it moving a little faster. i tried all registry hacks for outlook RPC updfixes and forced polling... nothing seems to work... Does anyone know which UPD ports i should allow for my xp firewall? it seems that all i can find on exchange ports are TCP. I would...

Quick Question #7
Hello: How does one make entries into the default Global Address List? I would like to have not only all of our mail enabled users in the GAL but also any clients, vendors etc that we use on a day to day basis. How can i do this? Thanks create mail-enabled contacts for external addresses that you want visible in the GAL... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "JS" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uz5R8WDCHHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hello: > > How does one make entries into the default Global Address List? I would > like to have not only all of our m...

automatic Conversion from A97 to A2K
Hi, i've setup a table and a module to convert several mdb's from A97 to A2K with the program-line below as the central line: DBEngine.CompactDatabase var_Path_FROM & var_MDB_FROM, var_Path_TO & var_MDB_TO, dbLangGeneral, dbVersion40, dbLangGeneral Now what is surprising is, that for some mdb's it works, for some not. For some i'm still getting the Convert Database-Window while opening it with A2K. At the moment i just tried mdb's with some tables in it. Does anybody have any idea, what could be the problem or is there a better way to do it tha...