VBA function changing name

OK, here's a strange one - well strange to me anyway. I've declared a
function in a module using mixed case:
Function TMDE_Category (FormName As Form)

The function is called by the VBA code behind two different forms. I noticed
the other day that it appeared in the module as
Function tmde_category(FormName As Form)

Obviously, this isn't preventing the database application from running, but
I can't figure out why it changed. I changed it back to the mixed case
declaration, saved the module, exited the app, reopened it and looked. The
function had changed back to the all lowercase declaration.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

TIA

I am monitoring this thread because I am curious about the situation.  I
don't have anything to suggest, but I have noted this posting appears twice.
I suggest responses to this question be placed in the other thread, which was
posted about an hour after this one.

John B. Smotherman wrote:
>OK, here's a strange one - well strange to me anyway. I've declared a
>function in a module using mixed case:
>Function TMDE_Category (FormName As Form)
>
>The function is called by the VBA code behind two different forms. I noticed
>the other day that it appeared in the module as
>Function tmde_category(FormName As Form)
>
>Obviously, this isn't preventing the database application from running, but
>I can't figure out why it changed. I changed it back to the mixed case
>declaration, saved the module, exited the app, reopened it and looked. The
>function had changed back to the all lowercase declaration.
>
>Can anyone tell me why this is happening?
>
>TIA

BruceM

*major* functional issue with MOSS/WSS?
We are looking to move a big site over to using MOSS in a big as an alternative to shared network drives (ugh). One of the biggest issues is sending docs as attachments via email for others to edit. We'd like to get everyone to use the 'send a link' functionality from thew Sharepoint DL BUT when the user receives the email and clinks on the embedded link the doc opens read only. They then cant edit and save their changes. Seems a big an counter intuitive functional flaw. Are we missing something here? Is there any easy (for the end user) way to send those links to a doc ...

Changing Prices in HQ.
Hi, I have this little issue. I want to change the put items on promotion using the price wizard using HQ. Unfortunately if I have stores who has differents prices for a same item the wizard do not make the proper change becuase it use the price already stored in the master table. Does anyone saw this issue before? Who was solved?. Thks in advance for your help. Rgds Rodrigo Hi there, The easiest way to look after this is to not change any data on the ITEM in HQ, but to simply do the worksheet for altering the sale price and then send it to the respective stores. Then in the works...

Saving toolbar changes

Changing query execution sequence

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

Automatic changes in cells

date function #3

VBA form
Im using a form/macro that i linked to through another thread and a tailoring it to my needs. I basically have it doing what i need but cant get a button to do what i want. When the user starts the macro i brings up the form with a message and 2 buttons (Continue/Cancel). Whe continue is pressed i want the message on the form to change to aniothe message and so on until all messages are shown. Ive attacehed what i working on and apprecaite any help offered. Thank yo +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Excel.zip ...

How to change a background color with Publisher
How can I click on to a background color and change that background color to another color using Publisher? Ron Williams wrote: > How can I click on to a background color and change that background > color to another color using Publisher? ====================== Try these steps... Double left click the color you want to change and a Format screen should open that has a drop window with color choices. -- J. Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work fo...

Change Domain Name on outgoing Emails
Our company just purchased another company with their own Exchange Server and AD infrastrure. We want all users in this new facility to have Email addresses with our Domain such as username@abc.com instead of their current Domain username@123.com. Until I migrate resources from their Forest into our Forest I have created contacts to forward all Emails from the abc Domain to the 123 Domain. When users reply or send Emails from the 123 Domain it still has their username@123.com Email address which will cause confusion with our customers and suppliers. How do I force their Emails to us...

How to change PERMANENTLY environment variables from batch script?
Ok, I know. In a batch file I can change environment variables temporarily (=for the current, remaining session) be entering e.g. set CLASSPATH=D:\newpath;%CLASSPATH% However these changes are not visible outside of the current session and furthermore they are lost after a reboot. Is there a(nother) way to change them PERMANENTLY from batch script? I can imagine that there is a way by a regedit or VisualBasic script or 3rd party cmdline tool. Again: I don't want to edit them manually e.g. in the "System" dialog in control panel. The change should take place on ...

VC++ .NET 2002: error C2509: 'OnPrepareDC' : member function not declared in 'CEg06aView'
Hi all I am learning the OnPrepareDC Function and ShowFont Helper Function from the Ex06a example of the book 'Programming With Microsoft Visual C++ .NET Core Reference' by G. Shepherd with D. Kruglinski. I started my new MFC Project 'Eg06a' from the MFC Wizard and added/edited the OnPrepareDC Function and ShowFont Helper Function in the Eg06aView.cpp and Eg06aView.h files - see the attached files below. When I did 'Build' on my project 'Eg06a', I got the following error: c:\Documents and Settings\Scott H. Chang\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\Eg06a\Eg06aVi...