Using the Google Calendar .net API from an Access application

I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle
calendar. Would it be possible to use  .net from Access to send my schedular
entries to my Goggle calendar?

OP <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle
>calendar. Would it be possible to use  .net from Access to send my schedular
>entries to my Goggle calendar?

It might be possible but you'd have to do a lot of digging through the
Google calendar documentation looking for the various APIs and
figuring out how to execute those from within Access.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony

From here:
    http://accessjuancots.blogspot.com/2008/11/calendario-y-avisos.html

It is in Spanish, and I've only got A97 installed here, so I can't tell you
any more about it.

(david)

"OP" <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle
> calendar. Would it be possible to use  .net from Access to send my
> schedular
> entries to my Goggle calendar?

0
david
1/11/2010 10:19:09 PM
Thanks Tony,
I should have been more specific. Google already has a well documented .Net
API for it's calendar, see

http://code.google.com/apis/gdata/client-cs.html

so, my question is really, how to use .Net from within Access?

"Tony Toews [MVP]" wrote:

> OP <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle
> >calendar. Would it be possible to use  .net from Access to send my schedular
> >entries to my Goggle calendar?
>
> It might be possible but you'd have to do a lot of digging through the
> Google calendar documentation looking for the various APIs and
> figuring out how to execute those from within Access.
>
> Tony
> --
> Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
> Tony's Main MS Access pages - http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
> Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/
> For a convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files
>   updated see http://www.autofeupdater.com/
> Granite Fleet Manager http://www.granitefleet.com/
> .

Awesome!
Thanks David, this should help tremendously.

"david" wrote:

> Have a look at this:
>     Puedes instalarlo desde aquí
>
> From here:
>     http://accessjuancots.blogspot.com/2008/11/calendario-y-avisos.html
>
> It is in Spanish, and I've only got A97 installed here, so I can't tell you
> any more about it.
>
> (david)
>
> "OP" <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle
> > calendar. Would it be possible to use  .net from Access to send my
> > schedular
> > entries to my Goggle calendar?
>

> .

use multiple worksheets
I have a spreadsheet with 12 worksheets, one for each month. I would like to have cell names on each sheet that are identical to the others. I was able to create one sheet and then copy it entirely and the cells names copied properly, however, now I need to add new information, with new cell names and when I try to copy that portion of the worksheet to another, the name references change and won't be absolute to each worksheet. Help Please! Mike on the sheet you want to copy from do edit>replace, replace = with r= (replace the equal sign with lett_equal sign), that makes t...

Re: DOS applications ?
How about creating a Win32 Console app in the current compiler? Is it not the same thing? Ajay Kalra No, a 'Win32 console app' only works (like it is named) in a Windows environment. Trying to run such application in MS-DOS gives an error saying 'This program cannot be run in DOS mode'. <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c8d1b8$kgs@odah37.prod.google.com... > How about creating a Win32 Console app in the current compiler? Is it > not the same thing? > > Ajay Kalra > ajaykalra@yahoo.com wrote: >How about creating a Win32 Console app in t...

Importing Outlook emails into an Access table
I know that I can import data from my Outlook inbox by going to File -> Get External Data -> Import -> Select Files Of Type Outlook() etc... using the wizard but can this be done systemically via VBA code similarly to transfer text. I actually need to import data from a group account at work. I have searched hi and low through the Newsgroups and web and have found nothing. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks to all in advance, Markco NEWSGROUPS wrote: > I know that I can import data from my Outlook inbox by going to File -> Get > External Data -> Import -...

Access 2002 to Access 2000
I am trying to get into a database created in Access 2002. I only have 2000 on my PC at work and that won't be changing. According to Microsoft, Access 2002 databases should run in 2000. I can only open the database as read-only. Does anyone know a way around this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! The default format of ACCESS 2002 for new databases is the 2000 format. However, this default can be changed so that 2002 creates databases in 2002 format. If the database is created as a 2002 format, you will not be able to open it in 2000. Someone with 2002 will need to convert...

Using wildcards in CString::Find() #2
Using wildcards in CString::Find() I’d like to use the wildcards(" * ", " ? " and other) in CString::Find(), but it does not work. Always it returns -1. Could you advice me ? I must do the complicated searching. Maybe there are other ways for the substring searching . Alur. ...

Using an html signature
My partner has started a new job and has been emailed an html file of the email signature she should use. Consulting emails from other employees of the company, I see that this consists of a logo and personal information at the TOP of the email, with a standard disclaimer appearing BELOW the body text. I've opened the html file in Explorer, copied the contents and pasted them into a new signature, but this places the signature below the insertion point. I can reposition the insertion point between the signature block and disclaimer, but this is fiddly and means for each new e...

Error 401 when accessing autodiscover
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange We are trying to setup the web services edition but we hit an error trying to setup the account. When we run Entourage, we enter our email address and check the box for an exchange account. We click ok on the kerberos window and then we get a message that the client cannot be configured. We turned on logging and the client find the autodiscover DNS record but receives a 401 error when trying to access the autodiscover.xml file. We can configure the client manually but when we first try to run ...

Delete PO using Econnect
Hi, I am trying to delete a PO using econnect but when i try to send the XML i get the following error: Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect.eConnectException: Sql procedure error codes returned: Error Number = 2969 Stored Procedure taPopPoDelete Error Description = PO Status is not NEW, PO can not be deleted Node Identifier Parameters: taPopPoDelete PONUMBER = PO00013400 <taPopPoDelete><PONUMBER>PO00013400</PONUMBER><RequesterTrx>0</RequesterTrx></taPopPoDelete> ---> Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect.eConnectExcept...

import .pst file into entourage 2008 no access to pc
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel my pc just broke I have my outlook 2007 file saved in a .pst file, I don't have access to a pc, what I can do to import in entourage? <br> It seems that for mac office the compatibility is essential but not for all!!! On 4/7/10 6:53 PM, ladyelena@officeformac.com wrote: > just broke I have my outlook 2007 file saved in a .pst file, I don't > have access to a pc, what I can do to import in entourage? There are some third party option that can help with that. Check out the options on...

stLinkCriteria error in Access 2007
Does anyone have any idea why this code will work in Access 2003 and NOT Access 2007? The database is split (if that matters); and the error I get is "The Microsoft Office Access database engine could not find the object '0'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly." Private Sub Ok_Click() On Error GoTo Ok_Click_Err 'using the customer sub form for customer state report to filter the report, clicking ok will open report for selected state Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String If Not IsNull(Me.Searc...

Use this critical package from Microsoft Corporation
--loqupmfieinxbpmz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="equgsnfuxtguux"; type="multipart/alternative" --equgsnfuxtguux Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xgzsfgnzvgjkbv" --xgzsfgnzvgjkbv Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 1997, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install...

MS Access 2007
We have just installed MS Office 2007 and we have access 2007. When tried to open a form a message is displayed saying the transaction and/ or form is disable. We have not make any changes to this form, is the first time that we use this form with MS Access 2007, does anyone knows what is the problem? Or how to go about it? Please advise, Luis ...

Problem while using Word as Outlook-mail-editor
I am using Outlook in windows-xp platfarm. Also I have selected WORD as the mail editor. It was working well. Now, if I open new-mail, word is not responding and it just hangs. I have to press ctrl-alt-del to come out from outlook. If I disable 'word' as editor, I can able to prepare new mails,can make reply & forward etc. kindly suggest a solution regards Selvaraj What version of Office are we talking about here? Does Word work without issues on its own? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Cr...

Can Access 2000 be installed on Windows 7
A client has a 2000 Access database that needs to be modifed, and we don't know if they're ready to be pushed into a version upgrade at this time. I know that I can save an Access program in the ver. 2000 format, but I would prefer to have the actual environment so I don't accidentally use a property or command that doesn't exist in the old version. Can Access 2000 be installed on my PC (OS Windows 7) without screwing up Access 2007? If so, can Access 2000 still be downloaded from Microsoft? On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 13:44:09 -0800, Bev Kaufman <BevKaufman@discussio...

Re-using Contacts/PAB file
A user had to have Windows XP re-installed. Outlook 2003, POP3 email. I saved the PST file and the PAB file. - Re-installed Windows. - Setup Outlook, and imported the old PST. Set the old PST as the default file, and removed the mailbox/PST that was created when I initially setup Outlook. - Found instructions on the net on importing the PAB file for her Contacts. Everything seem to go ok, it appeared to import, gave the status bar going across the screen, but when it was done, no Contacts. I thought maybe the profile was corrupt. Deleted the profile, created a new ...

XmlSchemaException in App.config using UIP Application Block
Does anyone know why I might be getting an XmlSchemaException in App.config configured as below to use the UIP Application Block? I get the following error for every element, sub-element and attribute within the <uipConfiguration> element: Message 1 Could not find schema information for the element 'uipConfiguration'. Message 2 Could not find schema information for the element 'objectTypes'. Message 3 Could not find schema information for the element 'iViewManager'. .... etc. etc. My App.config file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8&...

Error: Notification Application canceled logout
When i attempt to restart/shut down/logout my computer, i frequently get a message that tells me "Notification Application canceled logout". I believe this is related to Entourage. Other than that i don't know where to begin tackling this problem. I'm running OSX 10.2.8 and entourage 10.1.4. Any thoughts will greatly be appreciated. ...

Outlook 2003
Is there a way to jump to the first entry (by date) in an Outlook 2003 calendar? bob "Bob Paje" <bob.paje@gmail.com> wrote in message news:u5HtNCowHHA.3364@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to jump to the first entry (by date) in an Outlook 2003 > calendar? Switch to (or create) a table view, sort by Start Time and hit the Home key. -- f.h. ...

Access loosing Memory with Printer-Object
Hi, please see following code, where I demontrate, that access will not free memory after an object is net to nothing: <code> Public Sub testprinter() Dim pPrinter As Printer Dim i As Long While i < 1000 i = i + 1 Set pPrinter = Application.Printers("MinoEti") Set pPrinter = Nothing ' the memory will not bee freed Wend End Sub </code> PS: Please replace "MinoEti" with a existing printer. Have a look at the system-memory an you see, the memory will not be freed again! can you fix thi...

PC Freezing when using Outlook
Win2k SP4 O2k Pro SP3 I cannot say for sure that Outlook is the origin of this problem, although Outlook is mostly involved. I experience frequent "freezing" of my entire PC, often while using Outlook (which is normally the first program I use after having swithed on), or just after having used Outlook. To define "freezing": While working, without warning, there would be no mouse cursor on the screen and no key or key combinations (even Ctrl+Alt+Del) have any effect. My only option is to switch the PC off and on again to restart. The current image on s...

I keep losing internet access on vista
have 3 computer all on DSL, but only the Vista machine keeps giving a message about not having 'internet access' every once in a while during my work, then asks for the program to be shut down. This also happens on my other vista computer at home. it's getting a little annoying to close the IE in the middle since somehow the computer/program keeps losing the internet connection. thanks for any assistance. On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 08:29:22 -0500, "Shon" <shon@ataie.net> wrote: >have 3 computer all on DSL, but only the Vista machine keeps giving a ...

how to get "version" and "encoding" using xmltextwriter
I am trying to use XmlTextWriter. I write the xml data fine, but the file is missing the first line that shows the version and encoding: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> Can the XmlTextWriter do this?? Thanks. Amil Are you using WriteStartDocument? -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Amil Hanish" <amilhanish@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ugiTO7ROEHA.3264@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I am trying to use XmlTextWriter. I write the xml data fine, but the file > is missing the f...

Access Excel Linked Text and Number Issues
Question for Access and Excel XP (2002). I have linked an Excel Spreadsheet (Database) to Access for updating and other special Access functions. The Excel data contains a unique identifier (Key field) call Serial Numbers (SN) that contains 13 characters. Some SN contain numbers only, while other SN’s contain numbers and one letter i.e; 99923J143567. When linking the data together Excel identifies the SN’d item as GENERAL, while Access pulls the information in as TEXT. Access then adds a hash mark (‘) to the beginning of each SN containing digits only (no letters) i.e; ‘99923J14346...

Calendar & contacts missing in personal foldeer
I have a PST file in my Outlook 2003 but when I bring up the folder list, both contacts and calendar are missing but I can click on the CONTACTS, and CALENDAR buttons and it shows up. Both of these are there but not showing inthe folder list. All I want to do is use the PST folder list and not the favorites folder or buttons. How can I put back the contacts and calendar in my folder list? Thanks, Kevin Click on the "folder" icon at the bottom of the left-hand pane... Kevin H wrote: > I have a PST file in my Outlook 2003 but when I bring up > the folder list, both cont...

Deleted items in shared calendar
Hello, Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003 SP2 My General Manager (of course...:-) shares his Outlook calendar with his secretaries, and they have permissions to change all items in this folder. The problem is, they complain that from time to time, some appointments are deleted. And of course, it is not one of them... I can find the deleted appointment in the Recover Deleted Items, but... Can I find WHO deleted the item ? And if so, how ? Thanks for your help ! Regards, Luuke "Luuke" <luuke57@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e916626d-9180-4a15-a900-33ae7d0dfcbb@y71g2000hsa.goog...