Using the Google Calendar .net API from an Access application

I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle
calendar. Would it be possible to use  .net from Access to send my schedular
entries to my Goggle calendar?

OP <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle
>calendar. Would it be possible to use  .net from Access to send my schedular
>entries to my Goggle calendar?

It might be possible but you'd have to do a lot of digging through the
Google calendar documentation looking for the various APIs and
figuring out how to execute those from within Access.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony

From here:
    http://accessjuancots.blogspot.com/2008/11/calendario-y-avisos.html

It is in Spanish, and I've only got A97 installed here, so I can't tell you
any more about it.

(david)

"OP" <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle
> calendar. Would it be possible to use  .net from Access to send my
> schedular
> entries to my Goggle calendar?

0
david
1/11/2010 10:19:09 PM
Thanks Tony,
I should have been more specific. Google already has a well documented .Net
API for it's calendar, see

http://code.google.com/apis/gdata/client-cs.html

so, my question is really, how to use .Net from within Access?

"Tony Toews [MVP]" wrote:

> OP <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle
> >calendar. Would it be possible to use  .net from Access to send my schedular
> >entries to my Goggle calendar?
>
> It might be possible but you'd have to do a lot of digging through the
> Google calendar documentation looking for the various APIs and
> figuring out how to execute those from within Access.
>
> Tony
> --
> Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
> Tony's Main MS Access pages - http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
> Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/
> For a convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files
>   updated see http://www.autofeupdater.com/
> Granite Fleet Manager http://www.granitefleet.com/
> .

Awesome!
Thanks David, this should help tremendously.

"david" wrote:

> Have a look at this:
>     Puedes instalarlo desde aquí
>
> From here:
>     http://accessjuancots.blogspot.com/2008/11/calendario-y-avisos.html
>
> It is in Spanish, and I've only got A97 installed here, so I can't tell you
> any more about it.
>
> (david)
>
> "OP" <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle
> > calendar. Would it be possible to use  .net from Access to send my
> > schedular
> > entries to my Goggle calendar?
>

> .

Tr again: Modifying Calendar's "reading" view in 2003
In Outlook 2003, Calendar allows me to show the event's content in a "Reading" pane at the right or bottom of the calendar. But the layout of the Reading pane wastes a lot of space. Can its layout or content be modified? No, the content can't be modified. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com...

Expression using Iif with dates
The following expression results in an error telling me that I may have entered an operand without an operator. What ami I missing? Iif ([Certification Frequency] = “Annual”, DateAdd (“yyyy”, 1, Certification Date]), Iif ([Certification Frequency] = “Monthly”, DateAdd (“m”, 1, Certification Date]), Iif ([Certification Frequency] = “Quarterly”, DateAdd (“q”, 1, Certification Date]), Iif ([Certification Frequency] = “Semi-Annual”, DateAdd (“m”, 6, Certification Date]), [Certification Date])))) Expression entered has an invalid syntax….you may have entered an operand without ...

Vista Access 2003 & Ole
I have a DB I've been using, updating for several years. I use a = different BMP on every record. Today I started to update it again. Last = update a few weeks ago on my XP. Today I went with 'insert object' 'create from file'. with XP I couldn't = use JPG's so I made bmp's. Today even a bmp is just an icon. How do I get the create from file to work again ? --=20 more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html ...

Microsoft CRM using Firefox
Hello, Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work correctly on Firefox. Currently, I have employees that are using Firefox and are encountering the same issue as IE [Internet Explorer bombs out and states that it has encountered problems...]. I am just having employees use IE to prevent problem. Thank you for your comments in advance. Install a Firefox extension called IETab "Marcos" <Marcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19B93E29-757D-46FF-B747-A17EB112ED94@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work cor...

Using iterations to calculate circular references.
I am working with data that requires using circular references in some calculations. I checked the "iterations" box to allow for these calculations to work, and Ecxel seems to be calculating everything correctly. The problem is that after I close the workbook, when I later reopen it to continue working, all the cells that are a part of the circular reference display the #VALUE! error. I can fix this by deleting one cell that is part of the loop and then undoing that command, or by copying the formula from a cell, deleting it, and pasting it back into the same cell. I have to d...

using Xsd.exe to generate classes *properly*

Money 2006 file repair application error

Creating a template using Publisher

Is anybody using Symantec Enterprise Vault?
Hi, A vendor has recommended this solution to us, I have looked at the datasheet for the product and it speaks the right language but I was wondering if anybody on here uses it in a live environment and what their opinion of it is. Cheers Sean ...

unable to access mail after re-enable account
Hi, After enable an disable account and change its password, it can login to its mail account. What's happening. Is it normal? Thanks a lot What is the error message when user tries to access mailbox? Does the user still show in ADUC has having Exchange attributes? Have you looked at the MB using ESM to see if it is disconnected? "Raymond" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:136c01c46f11$d16f8390$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After enable an disable account and change its password, > it can login to its mail account. What's hap...

Application hanging on file load...
Okay, I'm having the strangest problem, and I'm hoping somebody here will be able to give me an idea of how to attack it... I have an MFC application that does some networked communication, multi-threading, fun stuff... I also load and save xml configuration files. Now, on most of the computers I've run my software on, I have absolutely no problems. On SOME boxes, however, whenever I use my menu to try to load or save a file... before the File Dialog box even comes up... the application hangs. All the boxes I've tried this on have been Windows 2000 boxes with Service Pack 4....

Keyboard hooking through Accessibility
I am looking for a method to hook the keyboard without running a background process. I know there are APIs for hooking (SetWindowsHookEx), but I want to avoid the overhead of running another background process for this and make the task do by windows itself. I am thinking of tweaking the Accessibility option in windows for this. Can we anyway do this by writing any script or modifying or adding registry entries for Accessibility? Or is there any Accessibility specific APIs which can re-program the Accessibility feature to do our tasks when we press a key with Accessibility feature-on. An...

Using Sumproduct when some of the values are null
I am having a problem using Sumproduct when some of the cells have null values. I will try to describe the problem. Please let me know if you need additional information. Do any of you have any ideas of how I can fix that sumproduct to get it to work? A B C Row Trend Claims 5 Emergency $0 6 Emergency $0 7 Emergency $0 8 Emergency 81.68% $24,444 9 Emergency 35.00% $164,758 10 Emergency 35.00% ...

Unable to repy using word editor
When repyling to an e-mail I receive the following message, "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy, or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead". I found article 284900, that states you may get this message when you have office 2000 and office xp installed on the same computer. This is not the case on my computer, Office 2000 does not exist, only office xp. Can anyone help me? There appear to be a whole host of causes for this error message. Most have no solution. Here are a few that do: http://support.microsoft...

Operating a small passenger service
I am hoping someone has managed to customise outlook in a way that allows you to use the programe to manage bookings on a small passenger service. I.e input a new booking, number of people, location etc. Then email the days bookings to the different drivers. Maybe it could also be set up to know how many seats are avialale to reduce the risk of double booking? Im using Outlook 2003. ...

Running an Excel Macro from an Access Command Button
Hi , Can anyone help me with this, I am trying to run an excel macro from an access command button. I want the macro to Bold the Headings on a excel spreadsheet. The code runs without any errors but the macro doesnt seem to work, I think I have got the line ExcelApp.ExecuteExcel4Macro "RUN(""PERSONAL.XLS!BoldHead"")" wrong The code: Private Sub cmdRunMac_Click() Dim ExcelApp As Excel.Application Dim ExcelBook As Excel.Workbook Set ExcelApp = Excel.Application ExcelApp.Visible = True Set ExcelBook = ExcelApp.Workbooks.Open("C:\Documents and Settings\...

using dates Part 2

Times Subtraction Whith Access
Hi I need to know how to subtract between two times variants and to get a time result (With Access). Like this: VarTime=[time1]-[time2] 10:05:40=18:05:50-08:00:10 Thanks Access really isn't intended to do things like that, but ?Format(#18:05:50# - #08:00:10#, "hh:nn:ss") 10:05:40 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) <bennyzamir@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175704084.566444.282820@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > I need to know how to subtract between two times variants and to get a > time res...

What versions of XSL are supported by what versions of ASP.net?
At the moment, I'm doing some XSLT (1.0) work in ASP.net (1.1). There's some features I'd like to use that apparently are found in XSLT 2.0. Does ASP.net 1.1 support XSLT 2? What about ASP.net 2.0? EXSLT was also mentioned. Does ASP.net support that? -Darrel darrel wrote: > At the moment, I'm doing some XSLT (1.0) work in ASP.net (1.1). > > There's some features I'd like to use that apparently are found in XSLT 2.0. > Does ASP.net 1.1 support XSLT 2? What about ASP.net 2.0? The XSLT processor in the .NET framework class libaries in .NET 1.1 is Sy...

DAO, Access, zero-length strings?
How can you set that you want to allow zero-length strings in a MS Access database with DAO? Also, how can you set that you want default values? Access doesn't seem to allow "DEFAULT" property... ...

How do you access custom entities with javascript?
I'm about to pull my hair out. I have no problem accessing system attributes, but the second I try to get or set a value for a custom attribute, I get an error (null or not an object). My problem is I am checking the changed input to a field, and if it fails a certain criteria, I need to reset the original value. The best way I could think to do this was to store this value in a new attribute and then restore it if needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. jsankovitch@gmail.com wrote: > I'm about to pull my hair out. I have no problem accessing system > attributes, b...

Outlook 2007: is there a way to use it as a Diary
I'd like to keep a daily journal of important notes, etc. In other words , I would like to keep a Diary. Does Outlook 2007 have this capability? TIA Sure - Ctrl+8 to view the journal or you can create a Mail and Post folder type and post to it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH...

Importing into Access 2000
I have a text file 13187 characters long. It will not import or link. Any suggestions? Hi William, Suggestions? First one is to give us a bit more information: What happens when you try? Can you import other text files? What's different about this one? Separated or delimited? How many fields? Where did it originate? On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 14:57:16 -0800, "William Madison" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a text file 13187 characters long. It will not >import or link. Any suggestions? -- John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP] Please respond in th...