Using expression builder object

Hi,

I'm developing a wizzard in Access which builds import templates for various
data sources to a fixed set of tables.  In step 3 the users must be able to
build an expression ; for instance Left([Fieldx],20) .  Now I would like to
have a command button on my form which calls the Access expression builder to
allow the users to use this to build the expression. This expression will
then be stored in a text box linked to the templates table.
Anybody know how to call and use this object from VBA code?
--
Kind regards
Noëlla

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdInvokeBuilder

I think there may be another argument, but try using the above.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"NG" <NG@forum.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm developing a wizzard in Access which builds import templates for
> various
> data sources to a fixed set of tables.  In step 3 the users must be able
> build an expression ; for instance Left([Fieldx],20) .  Now I would like
> have a command button on my form which calls the Access expression builder
> allow the users to use this to build the expression. This expression will
> then be stored in a text box linked to the templates table.
> Anybody know how to call and use this object from VBA code?
> --
> Kind regards
> No´┐Żlla

0
Arvin
4/1/2010 6:36:59 PM
thx for your reply, but the problem is the InvokeBuilder command isn't
available when running the form (error 2046), so I'll probably have to write
my own function builder...
--
Kind regards
Noëlla