Using expression builder object

Hi,

I'm developing a wizzard in Access which builds import templates for various
data sources to a fixed set of tables.  In step 3 the users must be able to
build an expression ; for instance Left([Fieldx],20) .  Now I would like to
have a command button on my form which calls the Access expression builder to
allow the users to use this to build the expression. This expression will
then be stored in a text box linked to the templates table.
Anybody know how to call and use this object from VBA code?
--
Kind regards
Noëlla

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdInvokeBuilder

I think there may be another argument, but try using the above.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"NG" <NG@forum.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm developing a wizzard in Access which builds import templates for
> various
> data sources to a fixed set of tables.  In step 3 the users must be able
> build an expression ; for instance Left([Fieldx],20) .  Now I would like
> have a command button on my form which calls the Access expression builder
> allow the users to use this to build the expression. This expression will
> then be stored in a text box linked to the templates table.
> Anybody know how to call and use this object from VBA code?
> --
> Kind regards
> No´┐Żlla

0
Arvin
4/1/2010 6:36:59 PM
thx for your reply, but the problem is the InvokeBuilder command isn't
available when running the form (error 2046), so I'll probably have to write
my own function builder...
--
Kind regards
Noëlla

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:

> DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdInvokeBuilder
>
> I think there may be another argument, but try using the above.
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.accessmvp.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access

Import datetime field using CRM 4.0 Data Migration
Hi Greetings all :). I am trying to migrate a datetime field using CRM data migration manager. The date time settings in CRM under settings - system settings and under personalize workplace are the same. I have also changed my data file to be dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss:mss. I keep getting invalid format error. I am really not sure what other format I could try. I look forward to some suggestions please. Regards CRM 2008 If you read the ReadMe or help about Data migration then it specify the correct format(s) for importing date and time variable in CRM. ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport...

Credit Card Payments
I've been using MM for years now but just noticed something in MM 2005. If I go to reports and click on "Monthly Income and Expenses" the report doesn't list credit card payments even if I select "Include transfers..." in Customize Report. It seems that the report generator doesn't know about the special Transfer and Credit Card Payment categories. It only knows about the expense category "Credit Card Payments/Transfers". My question is does anyone actually use this expense category? It seems like it could cause some unfortunate side effect...

How can I use Outlook on both my laptop and desktop? I have cable.
and Netgear wireless version 4.0 Dear Bafflegab, have a look on this site, may it helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Groupware for Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Notebook Synchronisation for Outlook: Public SyncTool New Domain: www.publicshareware.com "Bafflegab" <Bafflegab@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:59DE2C4E-ADC5-403C-AE3B-7DE1F9AF90C6@microsoft.com... > and Netgear wireless version 4.0 Thanks for the recommendation. It's a great site and one I never would have found on my own. I dow...

Exchange delegation using group doesn't work?
Hi, I am running Exch 2k3 SP1 in Windows SBS 2003. I tried to delegate Exch to user. What I did: I created a group called: Junior Admins I delegate at the Exchange top level the Junior Admins group to be Exch Full Admin. I assigned user: Sam to Junior Admins I use AdminPak.msi for Sam to control Exchange from her PC. Sam can get ESE on her PC (mmc), but can't open the server folder due the rights. I've also assigned Sam in the local administrator of that workstation. Things work if I assign Sam directly in the Delegation Control from ESE. How can I delegate control via group? ...

AOL IM Launches with Outlook Express
For quite awhile now, whenever I launch Outlook Express, the AOL Instant Messenger Sign In Window also launches simultaneously. Lately though, the real problem is that when I launch Outlook Express, my PC freezes up and I have to turn it off and start up again. Could anyone shed some light on these issues? Thanks! If it were me, I'd uninstall Outlook Express and then reinstall it. Make sure you've backed up your files first. As far as AIM goes, I haven't a clue (except it might be starting because it detects an internet connection when you start Outlook Express if you we...

Using Matrix Items
Someone...want to tell me how or if I can default which item is first (selected) when a matrix item is scanned? Is there a way to set this up? -- Thank You Vince :) What are the dimensions you use? Rob "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message news:E001F1F0-3002-4E1B-8E75-8E62FC6EC01C@microsoft.com... > Someone...want to tell me how or if I can default which item is first > (selected) when a matrix item is scanned? Is there a way to set this up? > -- > Thank You > Vince :) Using Lot Matrix, what I have is a six pack of coke or a sin...

Outlook Express/Comcast
Suddenly I'm unable to read my emails through Outlook Express, though I can access them through Comcast home page. I've reinstalled and updated OE, and spoken with Comcast, but can't figure out what's wrong. I get an error message telling me to disable Norton, but that doesn't help either. Any suggestions? Thanks. ...

transferring outlook express files to new computer
I am trying to transfer my OE files to my laptop. I have tried to use the export feature but it is not working. In scanning the Knowledge Base it seems I need to have the full version of Outlook or Exchange because it has files in order to make this work??? I don't have these programs on my old computer - just OE. I tried copying all the email files/folders into the proper/corresponding directory on my laptop but they just don't show up. I really really don't want to lose all my email. Is there a solution? Many thanks and feel free to email me a julie@crowbold.com ...

making a decision tree using excel!
hello all, i`ve been trying to make a decision tree using excel, the problem i encounter is that i wish to put information in to b11 which is related to information in b3, the information in b3 is ether 0 or err and is based on a "y" or "n" being entered, does anyone know which formula to use which will print a true of false statement in b11 Hi Andrew, If you mean print "True" or "False" or your error b11: =Left(b3)="y" So you can use YES, Yes, yes, Y, y and get True everything else will show False Or to treat the error in ...

RE: Use this critical package for Internet Explorer
--hmrlmpxejw Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="enmgzrgmzgzwwvlg"; type="multipart/alternative" --enmgzrgmzgzwwvlg Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hsqxuryiiedx" --hsqxuryiiedx Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect y...

Setup Outlook Express as a news reader
I run Outlook 2007 and have Outlook Express as a news reader. To launch OE from Outlook I tried to follow the help instructions, except that News is not on the Go list. Any ideas? Sorry for the cross posting. -- Cheers Stephen I have never used MS Outlook, but it can be your news reader, (although it is actually using Outlook Express). This may be the answer for you. Microsoft Office Outlook. Newsgroups and starting the newsgroup reader: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102166861033.aspx? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP Outlook Express Imperial...

using SetTimer
I use extensively the timers in my View mfc application but I find the documentation is not absolutely clear. I use the version with 3 paramteres - the last one is NULL which indicates using the View OnTimer routine. In the documentation it says to use KillTimer with the first parameter being used in the SetTimer function and in some other palce to use it with the return value of SetTimer. Can someone clarify that plaeas? Thanks Rick. "Rick" <rick@cortex.com> wrote in message -> I use extensively the timers in my View mfc application but I find the > documenta...

insert logo using AUTOCORRECT
Have been trying to insert my company's logo using AUTOCORRECT. It works like a charm in WORD. It doens't work in Excel. ex. when I type "lg" these characters should be replaced by my company's logo. Does anyone know how to do this in Excel? -- digicat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ digicat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14920 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497273 ...

Why does incoming mail go to Outlook Express not Outlook?
I recently transferred to NTL cable and have been using Outlook Express for a while without problems. I then recently obtained and installed Office XP Pro 2002. During installation, a prompt detected that Express was installed and I was asked if I wished to upgrade to Outlook and transfer all data. I accepted. Since then, my incoming mail still goes to Express only. My internet settings confirm that Outlook is now the default. When Express is opened, it states that Express is NOT the default. I ran "Test Settings" which continually failed until I entered my NTL password. It th...

Using Excel to design business forms
I have been using excel hit and miss to design business forms. I have been pretty successful but in many places I have found myself doing many inelegant things to get stuff to layout. Is there a good place to start looking to see how this is done properly, as I have seen many well done forms produced in excel. ...

number in system using arrivals and departures
Is there and easy way to figure out the total number of persons in a system if have access to the arrival and departure times. I have tried to use counts with if statements, but I keep getting the number 1. I know this is not correct. Is there any special macros or functions Thanks Hi you may provide some more details about your data. Could you post some example rows (plain text - no attachments please) and describe your expecte result -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany megv wrote: > Is there and easy way to figure out the total number of persons in a > system if have access...

Retreiving Xml child nodes using DataSet and XmlDataDocument
I am loading an Xml file from a sql server. I have one field that contains child nodes stored as text. The problem is, when I try to imort the dataset into a XmlDataDocument, it loads the whole thing as a text element. (with all of the special characters converted) The best solution I've found so far is to do a string replace on all of the special characters. Like so: DataSet ds = new DataSet(); ds.EnforceConstraints = false; SqlDataAdapter da = new SqlDataAdapter(query, connStr); da.Fill(ds, "Keywords"); XmlDataDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDataDocument(ds); string s = xmlDoc.S...

Creating timelines that don't use time as the horizontal measureme
Is it possible to use the timeline functionality of visio without using time as the horizontal meter? I want to have the same functionality of a timeline, but use it to express events that happen over a range of values from 0-100. ...

using picture on charts in exel 2002
After I updated to Exel 2002 the pictures I had displayed on a chart wall does not print properly... It looks fine on print preview but when you actually print it only show's a small portion of the picture... Before the update I had no problem... I have tryed every thing I know to make the correction.... Nothing has worked so far... Thanks The only thing that comes to mind is everyone's favorite whipping boy. Do your printer drivers need updating? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ jdishner...

A way to increase a number in a cell by using the + key
Hi, i do a lot of data entry and am looking for a way to increase the number in a cell (or range of cells) so that i dont have to enter the new number in each time. I have columns that separate items and i use the sheet to show the total count for each item in it's row. eg Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 2 5 4 I'd like to use the + key only to increase the counts for each item. Did i make sense?? It's a Friday and my mind isn't quite up for a lot of detailed explanations, lol. Any assistance would be appreciated. Tim That would require VBA How far are you will...

Control toolbox objects
I have created a template that has combo boxes and radio buttons on most rows. When I try and delete the bottom row, the row deletes, but the combo and radio remain. I have tried cutting them and deleting them or moving them, but nothing helps. I have tried in Excel 2003 and 2002. Help. That is because they are not on the worksheet but 'above' it. Select them individually and delete them. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft....

Cash withdrawal used a christmas money
Hello, I want to take some cash say 300.00 dollars and put 170.00 dollars away for Christmas and use the rest for misc expense. What is the best way to handle this in Money Plus? Thanks Frank Frank wrote: > I want to take some cash say 300.00 dollars and put 170.00 dollars > away for Christmas and use the rest for misc expense. What is the > best way to handle this in Money Plus? * Open a checking account at the bank. * Make a $300 withdrawal from your checking account. * Deposit $170 in the checking account; put $130 in your pocket. * Create a savings account in Money ...

Stem and Leaf Diagrams using Excel
Is there a way do do stem and leaf diagrams using excel and if so how do I do this. "Linda" <ljsinsc@aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:009e01c39026$035decf0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way do do stem and leaf diagrams using excel > and if so how do I do this. Hello Linda, I'm not familiar at all with this kind of Diagram, but if I had this homework to do, I would try at first, for a Data in A1, determine - the leave : using the function =RIGHT(A1,1) - the stem : through the function =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1) in a second step I would sort together thes...

Using formulas for pivot table

Using outlook express as newsreaedr from outlook
I have added the News command to the menu items of outlook, this is supposed to Open oulook express as the newsreader, however when I select news it opens a folder 1033 instead of Outlook express. How do I correct this problem? Thanks for any help Bob Answer has been posted countless times. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the...