Updating .nsf lotus notes server file - from access

Hi,

Using the below code i can fetch data from the .nsf file kept in the server.

    Dim LotusWizard As DAO.Recordset
    Dim session As Object
    Dim notesdb As Object
    Dim notesView As Object
    Dim NotesEntry As Object
    Dim notesdoc As Object
    Dim Item As NotesItem
    Dim doccollection As Object
    Dim datetime As NotesDateTime

    i = 0
    Set session = CreateObject("Notes.NotesSession")
    Set notesdb = session.GetDatabase("Server", "path\file.nsf")
    'Check if open
        If notesdb.IsOpen = True Then
        Else
            notesdb.OPENMAIL
        End If
    Set notesView = notesdb.GetView("All")
    Set notesdoc = notesView.GETFIRSTDOCUMENT
    from = notesdoc.GETFIRSTITEM("From").Text

Is it possible to update new records using MS access or excel?

Please guide

Thanks!
Boss

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 01:22:33 -0700, Boss
<Boss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

What you are showing here is code that uses Automation to talk to an
object and make it do things. You would need to study the capabilities
of that object to find out what all you can do with it. Getting a help
file would be a first step. Perhaps the vendor has what's often called
an SDK (software development kit) with help files and sample code to
show you how to use their software.

You are also showing what's called "Late Binding" by declaring all
these variables "As Object". There is nothing wrong with that but if
you know that all your users will have Notes installed it is better to
use Early Binding (set a Reference to the Notes object) because then
you can write code like:
 Set session = Notes.NotesSession
and you have full intellisense and the Object Browser to help you
explore the object(s).

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>Hi,
>
>Using the below code i can fetch data from the .nsf file kept in the server.
>
>    Dim LotusWizard As DAO.Recordset
>    Dim session As Object
>    Dim notesdb As Object
>    Dim notesView As Object
>    Dim NotesEntry As Object
>    Dim notesdoc As Object
>    Dim Item As NotesItem
>    Dim doccollection As Object
>    Dim datetime As NotesDateTime
>
>    i = 0
>    Set session = CreateObject("Notes.NotesSession")
>    Set notesdb = session.GetDatabase("Server", "path\file.nsf")
>    'Check if open
>        If notesdb.IsOpen = True Then
>        Else
>            notesdb.OPENMAIL
>        End If
>    Set notesView = notesdb.GetView("All")
>    Set notesdoc = notesView.GETFIRSTDOCUMENT
>    from = notesdoc.GETFIRSTITEM("From").Text
>
>Is it possible to update new records using MS access or excel?
>
>Please guide
>
>Thanks!
>Boss
0
Tom
6/4/2010 2:19:20 PM
Thanks a lot for the reply..
Would keep trying trying trying...

Thansk!
Boss

"Tom van Stiphout" wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 01:22:33 -0700, Boss
> <Boss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> What you are showing here is code that uses Automation to talk to an
> object and make it do things. You would need to study the capabilities
> of that object to find out what all you can do with it. Getting a help
> file would be a first step. Perhaps the vendor has what's often called
> an SDK (software development kit) with help files and sample code to
> show you how to use their software.
>
> You are also showing what's called "Late Binding" by declaring all
> these variables "As Object". There is nothing wrong with that but if
> you know that all your users will have Notes installed it is better to
> use Early Binding (set a Reference to the Notes object) because then
> you can write code like:
>  Set session = Notes.NotesSession
> and you have full intellisense and the Object Browser to help you
> explore the object(s).
>
> -Tom.
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> >Hi,
> >
> >Using the below code i can fetch data from the .nsf file kept in the server.
> >
> >    Dim LotusWizard As DAO.Recordset
> >    Dim session As Object
> >    Dim notesdb As Object
> >    Dim notesView As Object
> >    Dim NotesEntry As Object
> >    Dim notesdoc As Object
> >    Dim Item As NotesItem
> >    Dim doccollection As Object
> >    Dim datetime As NotesDateTime
> >
> >    i = 0
> >    Set session = CreateObject("Notes.NotesSession")
> >    Set notesdb = session.GetDatabase("Server", "path\file.nsf")
> >    'Check if open
> >        If notesdb.IsOpen = True Then
> >        Else
> >            notesdb.OPENMAIL
> >        End If
> >    Set notesView = notesdb.GetView("All")
> >    Set notesdoc = notesView.GETFIRSTDOCUMENT
> >    from = notesdoc.GETFIRSTITEM("From").Text
> >
> >Is it possible to update new records using MS access or excel?
> >
> >Please guide
> >
> >Thanks!
> >Boss
> .