Trying to open the current db in Access 2010 through Access Basic

I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a long time.  Through Access
Basic coding, I use to be able to open the current database and then open a
table and walk through each record.  Now I can't even open the database.
Does anybody have an example of how to do the following:
1) Open Workspace
2) Open Current Database (assume name is unknown during run time
3) Open specific table
4) Step through each record and access the fields

George C. Derkacs <George C.
Derkacs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a long time.  Through Access
>Basic coding, I use to be able to open the current database and then open a
>table and walk through each record.  Now I can't even open the database.
>Does anybody have an example of how to do the following:
>1) Open Workspace
>2) Open Current Database (assume name is unknown during run time
>3) Open specific table
>4) Step through each record and access the fields

Is this the kind of thing you want to do?

Set db = OpenDatabase("full path\mydb.mdb")
Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("table")
Do Until rs.EOF
	'do something
	rs.MoveNext
Loop
rs.Close : Set rs = Nothing
db.Close : Set db = Nothing

BTW, it's been Visual Basic for Access since Access 95.  The
last (only?) Access Basic was in Access 2 and, while that
was a very good version, it's more than long in the tooth
(like me) now ;-)

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

visual basic

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

open two different Access reports

Dr Wilbers Montgomery 05/21/2010
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01CAFB6E.DEB1D090 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'm trying different types of places to send thru. If this doesn't come thru I will call KTIS tomorrow and have them help me. I have been having a problem with them too... Sorry it's taking so long. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01CAFB6E.DEB1D090 Content-Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document; name="may21201...

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

opening .pst archives

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

opening a .docx with word 2004

Effectively stoping open relay.
I have a client who started using exchange 2003 few days back. This client is having more than 12 subnets starting from 172.27.50.0, 172.16.0.0 to 172.27.0.0 and 10.172.172.0 & 10.172.173.0 subnets in different location in town which are conneted by DSL. This users are connecting to the Exchange server 172.16.5.25. Most of these users are POP3 users. I have 2 SMTP Virtual Server running. Default SMTP Virtual server 172.16.5.25 and the second for Externel. In the Mail connector I have added only the external as the local bridgehead server. In the relay properties of the internal I...

compact database in VBA access 2007

LDAP Write access?

Need to add to current formula

MS Access 2007 code not running