Runtime import code problem

jst belowI am using ac2007 in W7.   To allow users to import some tables, my
code uses DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdImportAttachAccess.  In my  accdb file, It
opens the import dialog box, the user selects a file, clicks Ok and then sees
the Import Objects box with the list of objects to choose from.  In the
runtime accdr file, all goes the same until the last step.  I see the dialog
box, but there is no list of objects and no tabs for tables, forms etc. In
center where should be list of objects it says Press CTrl_Break to stop.  If
ithas any relevance, what is Break?  Any help is much appreciated,-this is
the last "bug" of many before I issue this.

>it says Press CTrl_Break to stop.  If
>ithas any relevance, what is Break?

i assume it's the Pause/Break key located  on the right of Scroll/Lock key.
so, if you want to stop the current operation hit the Control and the Break
keys simultaneously.

gg wrote:
>jst belowI am using ac2007 in W7.   To allow users to import some tables, my
>code uses DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdImportAttachAccess.  In my  accdb file, It
>opens the import dialog box, the user selects a file, clicks Ok and then sees
>the Import Objects box with the list of objects to choose from.  In the
>runtime accdr file, all goes the same until the last step.  I see the dialog
>box, but there is no list of objects and no tabs for tables, forms etc. In
>center where should be list of objects it says Press CTrl_Break to stop.  If
>ithas any relevance, what is Break?  Any help is much appreciated,-this is
>the last "bug" of many before I issue this.

NuBie
12/14/2009 10:15:59 PM
Thanks-My keyboard just says Pause. and it does stop everything

Do you have any cllue about the main question, i.e. how do I import an
access table with code using an Access runtime file? The
acCmdImportAttachAccess works ok in accdb  but not accdr.  Is it possible to
import an access table into an accdr file?  Driving me nuts.

"NuBie via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> >it says Press CTrl_Break to stop.  If
> >ithas any relevance, what is Break?
>
> i assume it's the Pause/Break key located  on the right of Scroll/Lock key.
> so, if you want to stop the current operation hit the Control and the Break
> keys simultaneously.
>

> gg wrote:
> >jst belowI am using ac2007 in W7.   To allow users to import some tables, my
> >code uses DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdImportAttachAccess.  In my  accdb file, It
> >opens the import dialog box, the user selects a file, clicks Ok and then sees
> >the Import Objects box with the list of objects to choose from.  In the
> >runtime accdr file, all goes the same until the last step.  I see the dialog
> >box, but there is no list of objects and no tabs for tables, forms etc. In
> >center where should be list of objects it says Press CTrl_Break to stop.  If
> >ithas any relevance, what is Break?  Any help is much appreciated,-this is
> >the last "bug" of many before I issue this.

> .

Problems with public folders #2
I am having two problems which may or may not be related. 1) In System Manager when I try to view or work with the public folder tree, I get the following error "The token supplied to the function is invalid", ID no:80090308. I cannot see any public folders or manage them at all after that. 2) Whenever anyone clicks on send/receive in outlook 2003, they get the following error "Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F):'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'" Does anyone have an idea of what the problem is for either...

Taste the important pack from the M$
--ijcjxmqheu Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jehqgmhvtnsz"; type="multipart/alternative" --jehqgmhvtnsz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="kgjgjtzi" --kgjgjtzi Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to continue keeping your computer secu...

periods not importing
I have tried several ways to import periods in the Title, Suffix, and Middle Name fields, and I am getting box characters, rather than the period. I am using OL07. I have even tried replacing all periods with semicolons, the letters "qwer", and the letters "aa". And still, when it gets to OL, it shows up as unprintable box characters. What's going on? I would use Mapilab to replace these things, if I even knew what to call them. thx for any help. -- Boris "BorisS" <BorisS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E54...

Problem in Setting up CRM server
Hi We are trying to install CRM server. but we getting following error message and we don't know the reason for this. Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. ---> Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupException: Setup could not complete this action. This might be due to the fact that there are multiple Domain Controllers and they have not replicated new Microsoft CRM information yet. If this is the case you have several options: 1. Go to the domain controller and manually force synchronization. 2. Wait 15 minutes (typically) until the domain controller synchron...

Problems with address books
I've had to re-install outlook '97 a couple of times to sort out some problems. Now I find that contacts isn't the default mail list. That's to say when I want to send an email the list of people is from an old address book and not from the contact list I have in front of me! How do I make sure that when I want to send an email or fax that I'm presented with a choice from my contact list? How can I safely delete the old address books which are now a waste of space? Peter ...

Money '04
I'm trying to use the 'Money Browser' w/in MSN Money 2004 and get "Page Cannot Be Displayed" or sometimes "Action Cancelled", but I can surf the web just fine with my cable modem...what's up with that? I've read on this forum that other users are having difficulties w/ this particular issue, any resolution would be helpful. I've tried: regsvr32 msxml3.dll in start|run also have un-installed and re-installed cookies enabled ...

C++ runtime error
When I open Outlook I get the following error: ______________________________________ Mcrosoft Visual C++ Runtime Libary Runtime Error! Progam: C:\Progra~1\Micros~2\Office10\Outlook.exe This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. ______________________________________ I have already tried to run a repai and to uninstall and reinstall and I still get the same error. Any ideas? I GET THE SAME MESSAGE, BUT IT HAS ONLY STARTED SINCE I UPGRADED TO NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2004 TRIED NUNERO...

Coding Convention for using Binary FlagWords?
Hi all --- I'm thinking of putting the .Tag property to use by using a binary ("bitwise") encoded flag word. Over time I've come across different possible uses for .Tag but have never standardized how I use it. Has someone developed a convention for "parsing" binary flag words? A simple IF works if I only need to test for one flag, but if I need to check for the presence of multiple bits the only construct that comes to mind is a series of IF statements .... something along the lines of: Enum FlagWord FlagA = 1 FlagB = 2 FlagC = 4 .......

problems with toolbar-can't access certan commands i.e.hyperlink
can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. Help magnus wrote: > can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey > - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. The hyperlink option may only appear when you are creating a Web Publication in certain versions of Publisher. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Trial version? You may have run out of time. Some pulldowns only work when you are creating a ...

Word problems 2003 and 2007 version
hey everyone both on my main computer and my brothers laptop word isnt working! its so annoying! on my desktop PC i have windows xp and word 2003. after getting a virus which stopped the internet from working i had to do a system restore - which got rid of the virus. but when i click on word it says that "this shortcut only applies to installed products", and when i go to word through program files it says "this product is not installed on this user" - but there is no setup thing i can press - will i need the disc maybe? on my bro's laptop he got the sa...

Problem exporting/importing .psf
Hi guys, I searched the community before and couldn't find anything regarding this issue. I am trying to export an Outlook 2000 mailbox from one user account to another. However, when I try and import it, I get the message saying that "Personal Folders "Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use". I have looked up solutions for this and they say to make sure its not read only. I tried this and it doesnt work, its currently NOT read only. Please note: This is a computer where the Outlook folder source for the export is on a user account no...

Import Items from Quickbooks
Did anybody import items from QB? I would be specifically interested in how inventory is imported. Unfortunately there is no import template/mapping list available where I could choose which fields I want to import. I only would like to keep my descriptions, price, cost, vendor information, etc. in sync but NOT the inventory. After sales quantities cannot be sent back from RMS to QB I would worry that the inventory I have in QB (which is different to the inventory in RMS) will screw up the inventory in RMS during the load. Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Gerd ...

StretchDIBits problem with 16-bit (65536) colours
hello all, when the color-palette from the windows-desktop (properties) is set to 16-bit (65536), the print preview does not show the bitmaps properly. I guess the ::StretchBlt(...)/::StretchDIBits(...)/::BitBlt(...) don't work properly. the bitmap is divided in 2 parts, the right (1/3 from the bitmap) is put on the left place and the left is displaced to the right. at all the other color-settings there's no problem: 8-bit, 24-bit... any ideas? thanx a lot, tschu. the code: BOOL CDib::Draw(CDC* pDC, CPoint origin, CSize size) { if(m_lpBMIH == NULL) return FALSE; if(m_hPalette !...

SpellCheck Will it work on the Access 2007 Runtime?
I have a program that I have compiled. It has the following. Private Sub cmdSpellCheck_Click() Me.Call_Notes.SetFocus RunCommand acCmdSpelling End Sub Is this going to work on a runtime or will I need a full version of Access to use it? You can simulate using the runtime of A2007 quite easily for testing. To do it, change the extension of the file from accdb to accdr. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Avid Fan" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:ulRyIhQ4KHA.4804@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a program t...

new document and framework problem
Hi, I have a dialog I need to display at the start of a new document in my SDI app. My problem is the first time through, it will show before the app is drawn. Where should I put a call to run the dialog if I want to be sure to only do so after the app is initially drawn? I currently use a check in the view's OnDraw, but I'm hoping someone else who knows the framework better has a better idea. Thanks, scott I don't think OnDraw is appropriate at all because that gets called all the time. How about OnInitialUpdate? -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits....

Format Cells Date (or any change) not working on imported data
Hello, I've just spent ages researching this and not come up with what I need to be able to do. I have a worksheet for some simple data that has been imported, a date, text and number column (as they display graphically to the end user). All are a "general" format when using Format > Cells. The issue I have is that the date information is in an American date format and I would like to change them into a UK date format. Format > Cells and selecting any option (including custom and special) makes no changes to the imported data. I have seen the work arounds whereby you sp...

CRM 4.0 VPC Problem
I downloaded CRM 4.0 VPC, extracted them, and I got MSDYCRM40VPC_BASE.vhd. After I create a new virtual machine for this vhd, I got an message "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device" when I clicked Start. So, it have not brought me to WINDOW LOGIN SCREEN. Anyone had this CRM 4.0 VPC worked, please help me how to get it work to get away from a message above. Thanks and Appreciations -Toi "Toi Day" <ToiDay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50BF3D76-10D8-4CF0-90BC-EFF8E0D925A0@microsoft.com... > I...

Number Format Problem Prevents Proper Sorting
I have a long list of numbers that were exported from anothe application that I can't seem to format properly to sort in ascendin order. I have changed the format from General to Number and back wit no success. I'm sure that this is an easy fix, but I'm not seeing th answer. The third entry below (1103) should be toward the top of th list. Any ideas? 110272 110277 1103 110329 110338 11033 -- 65Stan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 65Stang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1500 View this threa...

JWalk Chart Tools series label problem
I am using John Walkenbach's "JWalk Chart Tools" add-in to label a data series with values from other cells. (I want percentages as data labels even though the series is charted as actual values.) The two cells I'm using to label the two points in my series are not next to each other, if this is important. I CTRL-click the two cells and they are listed in the selection window with a comma, like this: 'Source data'!$D$8, 'Source data'!$AG$8 . This looks good to me. But while the values in D8 and AG8 are 5.33% and 5.16%, the labels show up as 5.33% and 21.93% B...

Import contacts from Excel into Outlook Contacts
I know this can be done from the import function in Outlook but how does one control where each field goes? There's a Map Fields step in the wizard. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Maurice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5e0a01c48154$f16ff9e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I know this can be done from the import function in > Outlook but how does one control where each field goes? ...

error message C00D11B1,original code 80004005
Running WMP 11, Windows Vista Service Pak 2 Home Premium,32 bit operating system, DVD rw file system udf 2.01 and driver version 6.0.6002.18005. All I am trying to do is burn my digital camera videos that I put in WMP 11 to a cd-r . Something is set wrong somewhere because my videos are MOV. and I have to do the right click and Open With classic media player to see them. I have the support info.but it is a bit lengthy to copy to this post.It does have the codecs decoders ect. Don't see MOV. on the list. I have Quick Time also. Thanks for any help! -- Deb I'm pret...

Problems with CListCtrl
I'm having trouble with a CListCtrl object. I'm trying to automatically set the selected items of the list from my code. I try the following statement: m_List.SetItem (pos, 0, LVIF_STATE, NULL, 0, LVIS_SELECTED, LVIS_SELECTED, 0); The SetItem function returns non-zero, which supposedly means it was successful. However, I don't see any selection showing up. I even called RedrawItem on this list item, but it didn't help either. Anyone know about this? -Eric >I'm having trouble with a CListCtrl object. I'm trying to automatically >set the selected ite...

Printing Problems...
Hello All.. I am trying to get my worksheets to play nicely..but no success. I have say 10 worksheets, and in cell "B4" I have Client Copy (across all sheets), so it needs to print all those sheets... Then I need to change "B4" to Delivery Copy, then print all those sheets, etc etc Problem is at the moment, it goes through all the sheets, and only prints the Dock Copy sheets (the last set). I see the text at "B4" change to what it should, but just keeps going and ignoring the print call. Sub delivery_copy() Dim sh As Worksheet For Each sh In ThisWorkbo...

Windows Service problem
Hello all, I have a program that I'm running as a service on a Window's NT machine, I used 'Srvany.exe' to install it, and it's running fine. But, when I try to do the same thing on a Window's 2000 machine, I get a "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion". Does anybody have any ideas why this same program will not work on different operating systems? ...

Code to make a Spinner button work with Filters on a Pivot Table
I create a lot of Pivot Tables with filter fields. Years ago I saw a demo on this tool and loved it. I got the code and my computer died before I was able to use it and my backup was a week old! Does anyone have this code? -- TheTraveler Hi Take a look on Debra Dalgleish's site http://www.contextures.com/PivotMultiPagesChangeAll.zip -- Regards Roger Govier TheTraveler wrote: > I create a lot of Pivot Tables with filter fields. Years ago I saw a demo on > this tool and loved it. I got the code and my computer died before I was > able to use it and m...