run query message

Every time a SQL statement is ran the "run query" message is display in the
status bar, is there a way to prevent this so a useful message could be
displayed?

Thanks
Jim

You can control the status bar and disply your messages by using a function
such as

'---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
' Procedure : Status
' Author    : CARDA Consultants Inc.
' Website   : http://www.cardaconsultants.com
' Purpose   : Set the application status bar text
' Copyright : The following may be altered and reused as you wish so long as
the
'             copyright notice is left unchanged (including Author, Website
and
'             Copyright).  It may not be sold/resold or reposted on other
sites (links
'             back to this site are allowed).
'
' Revision History:
' Rev       Date(yyyy/mm/dd)        Description
'
' 1         2008-Nov-19                 Initial Release
'---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub Status(sStatus As String)
On Error GoTo Error_Handler
    Dim vStatus As Variant

    If sStatus = "" Then
        vStatus = SysCmd(acSysCmdClearStatus)
    Else
        vStatus = SysCmd(acSysCmdSetStatus, sStatus)
    End If

If Err.Number = 0 Then Exit Sub

Error_Handler:
    MsgBox "MS Access has generated the following error" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf &
"Error Number: " & _
    Err.Number & vbCrLf & "Error Source: Status" & vbCrLf & "Error
    Err.Description, vbCritical, "An Error has Occured!"
    Exit Sub
End Sub
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault

"ainow" wrote:

> Every time a SQL statement is ran the "run query" message is display in the
> status bar, is there a way to prevent this so a useful message could be
> displayed?
>
> Thanks
> Jim
Thanks for your input, but Status() works the same as Application.Echo.  The
message is displayed and then replaced with Run Query and the progress bar
when the SQL statement is executed.
Jim

"Daniel Pineault" wrote:

> You can control the status bar and disply your messages by using a function
> such as
>
> '---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ' Procedure : Status
> ' Author    : CARDA Consultants Inc.
> ' Website   : http://www.cardaconsultants.com
> ' Purpose   : Set the application status bar text
> ' Copyright : The following may be altered and reused as you wish so long as
> the
> '             copyright notice is left unchanged (including Author, Website
> and
> '             Copyright).  It may not be sold/resold or reposted on other
> sites (links
> '             back to this site are allowed).
> '
> ' Revision History:
> ' Rev       Date(yyyy/mm/dd)        Description
> '
> ' 1         2008-Nov-19                 Initial Release
> '---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Sub Status(sStatus As String)
> On Error GoTo Error_Handler
>     Dim vStatus As Variant
>
>     If sStatus = "" Then
>         vStatus = SysCmd(acSysCmdClearStatus)
>     Else
>         vStatus = SysCmd(acSysCmdSetStatus, sStatus)
>     End If
>
> If Err.Number = 0 Then Exit Sub
>
> Error_Handler:
>     MsgBox "MS Access has generated the following error" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf &
> "Error Number: " & _
>     Err.Number & vbCrLf & "Error Source: Status" & vbCrLf & "Error
>     Err.Description, vbCritical, "An Error has Occured!"
>     Exit Sub
> End Sub
> --
> Hope this helps,
>
> Daniel Pineault
> http://www.cardaconsultants.com/
> For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net
> Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful.
>

> "ainow" wrote:
>
> > Every time a SQL statement is ran the "run query" message is display in the
> > status bar, is there a way to prevent this so a useful message could be
> > displayed?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jim

Query Problems
I have a table of ecards that is populated from a website and includes receiver, sender, and Team leader. The problem I am having is names can be entered into the table like this "Tom Thumb", but Team leader is a dropdown menu that is constant and lists name like this: "Tom S. Thumb". When I make a query to find all the members of Tom S. Thumb's team, I get everyone except Tom Thumb, who is member too. Tom Thumb has his own higher team leader, so I can't change that. How do I get Tom Thumb to be included when I enter "Tom S. Thumb" as Team Leader? ...

Message for Stan
I have been reading that you are starting a new "Global Empire" and are looking for people to hire. I was wondering if you will be having an Internet in your new "Global Empire" and if so, is the job of "Moderator" available? I would like to apply for that job. Please let me know where I can get the application. Thanks very much. A loyal subject!!! ...

Importing WLM Messages
I recently converted from Win 7 RC to Win 7 Pro, before I wiped my drive I exported all of my information. When I began the import process everything went smooth. Contacts, accounts, favs, cookies ect. all came over without a problem, however my messages will not import. I get an error that says: "No messages can be found in the folder or another application is running that has required files open....." I have nothing else open and when I manually go into the directory I can open the messages one at a time. However they are in no order and it very hard to fin...

When hitting reply to a message, no "Bcc:" header field appears

Query to Mail Merge issue
I am running Access2003 on WinXP SP2. I send out dues letters for members of a retiree group. When I try to do a mail merge to my Dues Query all goes fine except the telephone number in the query which is (555)555-1234 comes out 5555551234. If I copy the query into an excel spreadsheet and use that as the datasource for the mail merge it works fine. Is there something I need to do to format the query so it merges with the right format. Thanks Billa In the query format the field to include the parentheses and dash. In query design view, instead of the field name put an expression alo...

Excel web query returns no data
When I enter a web addreess into IE it shows the page When I set up a web query in Excel it allows me to select the relevant tables, but then returns no data The same Excel query worked on previuous versions of Excel Web address for query http://www.bmreports.com/servlet/com.logica.neta.bwp_PanBM DataServlet?param1=T_CNQPS- 4&param2=&param3=&param4=&param5=2001-04-01&param6=* Any help appreciated ...

Email Message(s) Not Being Retrieved
I've been waiting for an email today but Windows Mail hasn't retrieved it. I then decided to go online to my email client's web site and the email is there! The email was posted on the server today at 10:05 AM. The message isn't in any of my other Windows Mail folders including the Junk Email folder. Any idea why this message isn't being retrieved by Windows Mail?? James Sorry I found the message. I had them sorted oldest to newest. Duh. "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:%23r5VO4H7KHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl....

Exchange OMA error message. Please read...
When our i-700's with Pocket PC 2003 attempts to access our mail exchange server, all we receive is the following error message: " A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. Home" mail.domain.com/exchange works fine though. We've installed the service pack 1 for exchange 2003 to attempt to fix this issue and are having the same results. Does anyone care to share how they may have overcome this exchange problem with their compatible PDAs and Exchange's OMA (Outlook Mobile Access...

Export query to Excel with formated heading
When export from query to Excel, I'd like to turn some columns into heading row on top of Excel sheets how to turn this: LastName FirstName SID Section Instructor Doe John 1234 0545 Su Doe Jane 2345 0545 Su into this? Class Roster Instructor: Su Section: 0545 LastName FirstName SID Doe John 1234 Doe Jane 2345 I think one way of achieving this would be to create a report in Access where you would group under instructor with the students in the detail section. From the report you can then use the analyze with Ex...

Third request for help with Payables Error message!
Ok I have posted this for the third time with no response! I need help to know if there is any kind of issue on the back end of our environment. If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated! We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a ...

Saving html message as Draft changes text formatting...
WIN XP HE, OL 2002 Hi, I have recently noticed that whenever I write an email (using Word as editor) in html format, and instead of sending it, save it (to the drafts folder), the text itself changes format from my default to another one. It seems to change in the paragraph style which then changes the text format. The only change I recently made was to edit my signatures in html, rtf and plain text format. When I write a new email, it opens up with the signature already in it and perhaps there are format/style conflicts..? Tx for shedding some light into this. S As an added information, t...

message stuck in outbox
large attachment in outbox locking up application. regular delete will not work; how do i delete Are you connecting to an Exchange server or are you using a pst. "hodges" <kc_hodges@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:06b101c366bd$0b84cad0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > large attachment in outbox locking up application. > regular delete will not work; how do i delete ..pst >-----Original Message----- >Are you connecting to an Exchange server or are you using a pst. >"hodges" <kc_hodges@hotmail.com> wrote in message >news:06b101c366bd$0b84cad0$a40...

Excel 2007 compatibility checker message
I have a spreadsheet created in Excel 2003. I open it in Excel 2007 and Save As without making any changes. I get a compatibility error: "Some formulas in this workbook are linked to other workbooks that are closed." It does not have a "find" link. How do I find these formulas? Thanks. JerryK You could use Edit Links on the Data tab to see what the names of the linked workbooks are and then do a Find on them. If that doesn't work you might try Bill Manville's Find Link utility although I don't know how it works with Excel 2007: http://www.oaltd.co.u...

Query Criteria issue
Access 2003: Trying to create a demographics report that will allow the following. Gender example On the form "frmStudentDemographics" is a drop down field named "cboGender" When the user makes a selection "Male" a report is generated for only Males. But in some cases the user will want to run a report for both (all) genders. So I added a check box next to the drop down named "ckAllGender" My idea is that if that box is checked then the report will show information on Both (all) genders. So in the query that generates the report, in the c...

Foreground locking error running scheduled integration
I have a scheduled integration setup that first runs the login to GP, then an integration group (2 AR integrations). I have them set at 5 minutes apart. The TK article for this particular error says that the error is because "Great Plains is still in the process of launching when the Integration Manager starts running." I then increased the time to 15 minutes apart and finally at 30 minutes apart, but the first record of both integrations still fails with this error "could not set foreground locking value to 0." How can I get rid of this error? It only takes les...

Recipient appears twice in the message header
Hi, I have a user with Outlook 2000 set up as IMAP. She received a few e-mails yesterday where she appears in the recepient(TO) field 2 or 3 times, but the sender has only put her address once. I have checked the header in the raw MSG file and her address only appears once. What could cause this? How do I fix this? Please advise. The user is driving me nuts with this. Thanks, Ed ...

Choose Profile Message When Sending Report to Mail
We are having a problem with Mail Configuration. We are using GP published through Citrix. We log into the desktop as a particular user, and configure the default Mail Profile using Mail in the Control Panel, which is Outlook. The problem is that whenever we Print a report to Screen, then go Send Mail as text, it pops up with the Choose Mail dialog. After clicking on Options (on the Dialog) you can check "Default Profile" and it sends the email. Yet when we close GP and re-open it, the Choose Profile dialog appears again. Any ideas why this is happening? Regards Konrad Konr...

2003 SP1 ADC running with Exchange 2000
Can you run ADC version 2003 SP1 even though all your Exchange servers are still 2000? This means that you have already ran domain/forest prep right? If so you can only run the 2003 version of the ADC. This is not recommended and could cause replication errors with Exchange/AD. Mark "BrianG" wrote: > Can you run ADC version 2003 SP1 even though all your Exchange servers are > still 2000? Correct, domain and forest prep has already been ran. Why can I run 2003 but not 2003 with SP1? We want to use the cross adminstrative group mailbox move function that came with...

Possible to create a rule to alert on BCC messages?
Using Outlook 2007/Exchange Server 2007 Hello: I sometimes miss that I'm receiving an email as a blind copy. I was hoping to create a rule to alert me when I'm in the BCC field. However, when using the rules wizard, I only see the options regarding my name in the To or CC field. Is there a way to create this that I may be missing? Thank you. In article <#pJLIK1ALHA.4704@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, victoria@dig.com says... > > Using Outlook 2007/Exchange Server 2007 > > Hello: > > I sometimes miss that I'm receiving an email as ...

Spontaneous 'Compile Error' In Queries
I've got a half-dozen queries that contain this expression: IssuerName: IIf(IsNull([tblIssuer].[IssuerID]),"[Issuer Unknown]",[tblIssuer].[IssuerName]) Haven't touched any of them, but suddenly they were all throwing "Compile error. in query expression 'IssuerName: IIf(IsNull([tblIssuer].[IssuerID]),"[Issuer Unknown]",[tblIssuer].[IssuerName])'." tblIssuer.IssuerID is still there in a link. My kneejerk was to somehow force recompiles of all the queries, so I did a Compact/Repair. After the compact/repair, all was well: the errors went away. C...

Fragments Left after running XP Defrag Program
Ran Defrag and had two 'Fragments' reported (last two lines of the log print). One was for 6156 Fragments and one was for 7030 Fragments; the first file is 1.51 GB and the second is 2.00 GB, and both are 'buried' deep in \Documents and Settings\Bill & Peggy\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\25C08628.........\Microsoft\Outlook Express\ and both files are .dbx files. Question: These files are apparently taking up 3.5 GB of HD Space; can I delete them? I do not use Outlook Express although I have in the past, but now am using exclusively MSN for both my ...

spell check does not visually cycle through cells when run from macro?
I'm trying to recreate the same behavior in a macro that spellcheck has when the spellcheck button is pressed. The spellcheck does not cycle through the cells visually when run from a macro, so when there is a misspelled word, you cannot see the cell it is a part of. If anyone knows how I can get this behavior to work, it would be GREATLY appreciated. I did a record new macro, and got code similar to the following: Sub testSpelling() Range("F2:F500").Select Selection.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033 End Sub thanks, dan Dan, Add the fiollowing to your code as shown: ...

Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web
Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web Support over 147 countries and ALL languages (unicode encoding) MSG.to provides a unique personal SMS URL for you. It is easy for friends sending text message to you by web. For example, if your name is Lisa, you can register: http://MSG.to/Lisa (you can use this link to see demo) You can also register your mobile phone number as SMS URL like: http://MSG.to/+886913123456 (you can use this link to see demo) Please visit http://msg.to/ for more information. Related keywords: Short Message Serv...

question about leaving messages on server
My husband and I have 1 POP mail account. I am accessing it from a computer in Virginia, where I'm staying with relatives. He is accessing the same account from California. I have my Outlook set up to keep messages on the server, but to delete them after 1 day (so that he will still get the messages, but the server won't get clogged). His email program, Eudora, is set up so the messages will be deleted from the server after he downloads them. Is there a chance I won't get some messages because he has his computer set up that way? (He downloads it 1st, then it gets deleted off serv...

How do I get outgoing messages to send from a particular email ac.
I have multiple email accounts set up in Microsoft Office. Whenever I compose new mail, it is outgoing from one of them, but as I rarely use that internet service anymore, I want it to come from another one. How do I change what email address is displayed on my outgoing messages? State your Outlook version and, if 98 or 2000, the mode (help->about->second line should say.) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without read...