Programmatically listing Relationships of ADP file

I'm fairly new to access and would like to get a listing of the relationships
in the ADP file.  How would I go about doing that programmatically?  I
haven't the first idea of where to start.   I did find something that said to
loop through the relationships collection, but I can't seem to find it.
FWIW, I'm fairly fluent in Excel VBA.

Thanks,

Barb Reinhardt

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:30:01 -0700, Barb Reinhardt
<BarbReinhardt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

A good start would be to open a VBA window, click the Help button, and
look for Relationships. Also don't forget to set a reference to the
Microsoft DAO <version> object library (Tools > References).

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>I'm fairly new to access and would like to get a listing of the relationships
>in the ADP file.  How would I go about doing that programmatically?  I
>haven't the first idea of where to start.   I did find something that said to
>loop through the relationships collection, but I can't seem to find it.
>FWIW, I'm fairly fluent in Excel VBA.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Barb Reinhardt
0
Tom
3/24/2010 4:40:38 AM
=?Utf-8?B?QmFyYiBSZWluaGFyZHQ=?=
<BarbReinhardt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I'm fairly new to access and would like to get a listing of the
> relationships in the ADP file.  How would I go about doing that
> programmatically?  I haven't the first idea of where to start.   I
> did find something that said to loop through the relationships
> collection, but I can't seem to find it.

An ADP file being a container for use in connecting to a SQL Server,
it surely has no relationships. The database you're connecting to
does, but the ADP file cannot have any. I don't think the DAO
relationships collection will give you anything in an ADP, as Jet is
not involved in an ADP. You'll need to get that information from the
SQL Server, seems to me.

But I don't use ADPs, so I could be wrong on all of this.

David
3/25/2010 3:26:55 AM
Thanks for your help.   This is all starting to make a bit of sense.   I'll
try to get this information another way.

Barb Reinhardt

"David W. Fenton" wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?QmFyYiBSZWluaGFyZHQ=?=
> <BarbReinhardt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
> > I'm fairly new to access and would like to get a listing of the
> > relationships in the ADP file.  How would I go about doing that
> > programmatically?  I haven't the first idea of where to start.   I
> > did find something that said to loop through the relationships
> > collection, but I can't seem to find it.
>
> An ADP file being a container for use in connecting to a SQL Server,
> it surely has no relationships. The database you're connecting to
> does, but the ADP file cannot have any. I don't think the DAO
> relationships collection will give you anything in an ADP, as Jet is
> not involved in an ADP. You'll need to get that information from the
> SQL Server, seems to me.
>
> But I don't use ADPs, so I could be wrong on all of this.
>
> --
> David W. Fenton                  http://www.dfenton.com/
> usenet at dfenton dot com    http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/
> .

Create a Distribution List from Excel
Hi. I have found lots of instructions online to create a distribution list from an Excel/CSV contacts list. However, all of them seem to involve importing the data into a newly created contacts folder and then creating a distribution list from there. I have a number of contacts lists containing hundreds of rows each and was wondering therefore if there is a way of cutting out the middle step and importing them directly into a distribution list?? Thanks. Liz. You missed the instructions on my sites - http://www.slipstick.com/tutorials/create/dl.asp (skip to the crea...

overlaping dates in two files
MS Money 2001 deluxe on Windows XP Pro I archived my 2004 accounts and never balanced them. I decided i needed to and now have two files, both .mny files with 2003Archive.mny is from 1/2002 to 12/2004 Active2005.mny is from 1/2004 to present. I'd like to combine them into one file so I can balance the accounts (three main accounts) because my statements are not ending nicely on the end of the month. Please recommend the best method so I can balance the accounts. I think I need to conbine the files or somehow get the months that are now balanced in the 2003Archive.mny file to give...

Virus in .mmd file
Hello, I speek english not well....I know. My anti-virus (norton) find a virus in a .MMD file stored in following folder : C:\Program Files\Microsoft BackOffice\Connectivity\POP3 Connector\InForward\ But the antivirus cannot access to this file, how i can remove this file ??? Thanks Configure NAV to exclude any data directories of Exchange (and other server products), otherwise file-level antivirus might damage databases. Then, in order to protect yourself from viruses, get Exchange-aware antivirus. J�r�my taverne wrote: > Hello, > > I speek english not well....I k...

Publisher File formats
I need to send file in a tif or jpeg format but when I save the file I still get the pub extension after the .tif' Can I not save in anything but pub? Thanks Ray, It would help us to answer your question if you told us which version of Publisher you are using. -- JoAnn Two things are aesthetically perfect in the world - the clock and the cat. --Emile-August Chartier "Ray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:006101c3dc62$7649ce40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I need to send file in a tif or jpeg format but when I > save the f...

Problem cleaning up temporary files.
This isn't MFC specific so I apologize. I just like the information provided by the regular members of this group. I have an application that has a Rich Edit control. Next to the Rich Edit control is a Print button. To avoid all the details of printing, I decided to save the contents of the control to a RTF file, then do ShellExecuteEx("blahblah.rtf", "print", ...). This works fine. But, I sure would like to remove these temporary files. But I am finding that to be a tricky problem to solve. At first, I thought I would wait for the process started to end. Bu...

List servers and their DNS server settings
I am trying to get a list of server names and their primary and secondary DNS server settings. If I try the following command: get-wmiobject Win32_networkadapterconfiguration -computername "servername | select name, DNSServerSearchOrder It would give me the specific servername and its dns addresses. I know have a list of computernames which I would like to list out and their DNSserversearchorder settings (DNS settings) I tried putting the list of computernames in a text file by using get-qadcomputer | export-csv C:\computername.txt -notype Then I used the get-con...

dc as a file server
is it bad practice to have your dc as a file server as well. 100 people or less. One dc is Exchange and the other is the file server. Just wondering if I should put a member server in and move the file server over to that one? any thoughts appreciated. Not necessarily. This is common for branch offices to use the DC as the office file server also hth DDS "joe schmo" <joeschmo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3332409F-9184-4A3F-9DB3-1E8B57591C08@microsoft.com... > is it bad practice to have your dc as a file server as well. 100 peo...

tail or other realtime monitors for SMTPSVC exyymmdd.log files?
I'm trying to find an inexpensive way to spot-check / monitor the various log files in realtime for my Exchange environment of 2000 and 2003. I have tried a handful of "tail" implementations and all of them seem to work to a certain degree but none of them are able to successfully keep monitoring the text files that Exchange updates as part of the SMTPSVC. I'm using the W3C format and when I "tail" these files, it won't keep updating properly as new data is appended to the end of this file. Is anyone else monitoring their logs in realtime and if so, what util...

File in 2007 form
I was trying the Beta Office 2007 and made the mistake of saving one of you Excel file in the new 2007 form. I really need it back in the 2003 form. Problem: due to a variety of issues, I de-installed the Beta version and went back to 2003 but for got about the one file.. So; are there any utilities that anyone knows of the will convert this file back two 2003 form?? It is a simple Excel file, meaning that there are no clever or fancy formula or macros, just a collection of parts and part numbers gathered over MUCH time surfing various web sites. Any help or advise (beside the obvious....

"a document with the name" error on opening file
I'm getting an error message that says "A documents with the name " & filename & " is already open" (where filename is the actual name of the file) when I try to open certain files in Excel 97, when I don't really have a copy of the file in question opens. This error comes up pretty consistantly on one file that lives on a server, but I also get it when I try to open some local files. Anyone have any idea what would cause this & how to fix it? Thanks in advance. Best Jim Hi Jim have a look at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen ...

song list
is there a way of generating a list in excel from songs i have saved on my d drive? If all of your files are in this format, I have one artist - title.mp3 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "nick" <nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0916245E-11D0-4946-A689-A3E6C9CE3C77@microsoft.com... > is there a way of generating a list in excel from songs i have saved on my d > drive? i do have them in that format "Don Guillett" wrote: > If all of your files are in this format, I have one > > artist - title.mp3 > &...

Outlook contacts list issue
I am in the process of recovering data from an anchange disaster. I had all of the mailboxes recovered and are all in PST files. I am now going through and showing users how to import their calendars, contacts, mail etc. When a user imports his/her contacts, everything goes fine until they try to use those contacts through the address book. The address book does not show any contacts added by the import. Any newly created contacts are visible. I have found that if I change the email address of an imported contact, that contact will then appear in the address book. This indicates ...

My Account Settings, Icons, Files are "Missing"
Recently, I booted up and discovered that my personalized icons (under my account) had disappeared from the desktop. The Account Name is "Gilxxx" but my data is under "Curxxx" When I looked closer, I was able to see the directory structure in my "Documents and Settings" folders, but none of the files. The files are there, however, as I can play MP3s in Windows Media Player (and they are in my My Music directory). And, when I tried to add new desktop icons to "re-create" my old desktop, Windows tells me that a shortcut with that name alread...

word attachments on e-mail, docx files, recipient unable to open
I have been sending e-mails as I always have and attaching them in the way I always have, all of a sudden word documents are coming up as docx files and the recipients cannot open them, I have only recently gone onto Vista and microsoft offoce 2007. This has only happened recently with new docs that I have created on the new system. It is frustrating my customers and my hair is now falling out. Please help! That's because Word 2007 saves documents in a new format, .docx, unless told to do otherwise. There are two solutions: 1. Do a "Save As" and save documents in Word 97-...

quick way to combine 2 files?
If you have two excel files, both of which have 3 or 4 worksheets that are all used in lookup routines etc etc, is there an easy way to combine the two into a single file, as I think it won't work just by copying and pasting individual worksheets over in their entirety tks in advance LeeH Lee, With both workbooks open, group the sheets of one workbook (using Ctrl clicks on the tabs) then right click and select Move or Copy and then move them into the other workbook. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Lee Harris web" <lee.harris4@virgin.net> wrote in message news:32c0bd8d.04012...

How do I convert .txt files into .xls in order to be able to sum.
I receive via e-mail a statement that I need to resort by date , purchase order and total by department, etc. The process I have been using is to copy and paste into Excel. However, when I try to sum the $ is will not sum. Is there some other way of converting this statement that I receive via e-mail into Excel, so that I can resort and sum? I am using Excel 2002 and my e-mail browser is Mozilla. You might be able to use File-->Open, and then let the Text Import Wizard help. Otherwise, you could use the "data isn't recognized" fix here: http://www.officearticles.co...

How to read .pst file?
Supposed I have a .pst file that contains mails in Inbox folder. How can I write a program to read the those mails? The program must read from the .pst file without Outlook start-up. Any clue? See my answer in the Exchange newsgroup thread. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "Roger" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:315C7206-100C-416E-88BF-976949AEDE90@microsoft.com....

Location of certain Excel files
Hi, I need to reinstall Excel2003 but I have added many micros and specialized toolbars. Does anyone know where this information is stored such that I may saved those files? Thus after I reinstall Excel, I will be able to replace the default files with these advanced versions. Thanks, Jeff IF? you are referring to personal.xls and your .xlb file, I suggest a WINDOWS find looking for personal.xls and another looking for *.xlb -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Jeff Hopkins" <atomic58"NOSPAM"@sc.rr.com> wrote in message news:4581d...

Opening Access Database file
I am trying to open my access database file on my home computer but i get a message that i will not be able to make changes to it. Is there a way to work around it. By the way i had been using this file with GeoMedia. If any wizard can guide me in the right direction i will be thankful to him or her. Thanks, NED I'm not sure what GeoMedia is, but if you copied the file to your PC from elsewhere, the read-only attribute may be set. Try this ... Using either 'My Computer' or 'Windows Explorer', navigate to the folder that contains your MDB. Right-click the MDB and...

How can I send a set of files, one file per email, automatically?
I need to send about 40 files to one or two people. I'm willing to do this in Eudora or in Outlook Express or Outlook. The problem is that these files are each relatively large: around 25MB each. Combining them into one file would be prohibitive. So I want to send 40 emails, each with one file. Does either of these mailer programs make that task possible? Of course, doing it manually would not be a reasonable option. Outlook should be able to do that with a batch file but you might want to find another way of getting that much data (approx 1GB) to the recipients like via FTP serve...

Access 1.10 MDV file conversions to
I have an old Access data base that has never been updated over the last decade. I have been told by a consultant that the new version of Access will not convert this earlier .mdv files to the current format. Does anyone know if this is the case? I assume you mean MDB files, and yes, it's true that the latest version of Access (Access 2003) cannot open Access 1.x files. To be honest, I forget the last version that was capable of converting those files. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "todd@mcadamsbuilders.com" <anony...

Excel CSV files #2
We use large CSV files to move data. recently added 3 blanks columns to end of file for future use. Unless we add dummy char. to these columns Excel will only upload 16 rows. We prefer not to put dummy char. in columsn only to have the need to change them later. whats with the 16 row limit? I don't think there is a limit - if Excel sees that a column is empty then it won't try to export it. Try putting a single space in Q1, R1 and S1 (or a heading) and see if that cures it. Pete ...

Incorrect file versions?
I recently installed MSCRM 3.0 on a Windows 2003 R2 SP2 Server. Then, I installed CRM Update Rollup 2. I noticed today that many of my file versions are still 3.0.5300.0. If I go to HELP->ABOUT MICROSOFT CRM from the Web or Outlook Client, is says Microsoft CRM 3.0 (3.0.5300.0). Is this correct? Also, the SQL database shows the correct revision in the build table. Everything seems to work OK - and I am running the V3C Client. OK - I have found several posts with similar issues. I guess the only question I have is regarding the version info shown on Help->About. Should i...

connect to a unix/linux and ftp files ??
I would like to connect to a server (192.168.1.112) or linux.mydomain.com and grab some files in a directory. Any files with a .ceb extension. I would then like to ftp them to an area on my C:\ drive. Is this possible with vbscript? How could I accomplish something like this? thanks I'm also trying to do something similar (get, put, delete, rename, move files on FTP server using VBScript) and I found the following which is written in VB6. If someone knows how to adapt this to work as VBScript, that would be great. Do you simply remove all instances of "Private" and &...

Money 2005 Bug: Create (not just add) account setup
Problem Description: List of banks or brokerages is *always* unavailable. Repro steps: 1) Create (not just add) new account using MS Money 2005 accepting all of the defaults. 2) Use or create a new passport to sign in. 3) Attempt to "Select a bank or brokerage" during the setup proccess and get the following error message: "The list is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." Expected: An actual list of banks or brokerages Problem Area: Setup Frequency of problem: Always Happens Operating system / version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - 5.1.2600 Computer ma...