populate a text box with multiple records based on combo box selec

Hi,

I have made one form with a combo box (dropped down) , a search button and a
Text box. when a user selects a value (ie. Project No.) and click on search
button the text box should display all the records which is related to that
Project no. The search record should display Drawing no., description , date
created etc. in a datasheet view from the table "Drawing details". the
searched result can be one or more.
can anyone help me with the code. How to search records and display it in
text box.
Thanx

AP

Hi,
not clear what you need. You can populate textbox with text data, in order
to show several records - you can use listbox or form in datasheet or
continuous view

--
Best regards,
___________

"AP" <AP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have made one form with a combo box (dropped down) , a search button and
> Text box. when a user selects a value (ie. Project No.) and click on
> search
> button the text box should display all the records which is related to
> that
> Project no. The search record should display Drawing no., description ,
> date
> created etc. in a datasheet view from the table "Drawing details". the
> searched result can be one or more.
> can anyone help me with the code. How to search records and display it in
> text box.
> Thanx
>
> AP

0
Alex
6/4/2010 7:11:02 AM
AP, I think you should look at this ComboBox example:
http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut17.htm
http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut17a.htm

At the bottom of the second link, download and run the file named
‘AccessAndSQL4_2000.zip’

Here’s something similar, but it uses a ListBox:
http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut18.htm

Go to the bottom of that page an download this file, ‘AccessAndSQL5_2000.zip’

One more example here, with a Report:
http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut19.htm

At the bottom of the page, you will find a file named,
‘AccessAndSQL6_2000.zip’.  Download and run it and see what that does.

Good luck!!

--
Ryan---

"Alex Dybenko" wrote:

> Hi,
> not clear what you need. You can populate textbox with text data, in order
> to show several records - you can use listbox or form in datasheet or
> continuous view
>
> --
> Best regards,
> ___________
> Alex Dybenko (MVP)
> http://accessblog.net
> http://www.PointLtd.com
>

> "AP" <AP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have made one form with a combo box (dropped down) , a search button and
> > Text box. when a user selects a value (ie. Project No.) and click on
> > search
> > button the text box should display all the records which is related to
> > that
> > Project no. The search record should display Drawing no., description ,
> > date
> > created etc. in a datasheet view from the table "Drawing details". the
> > searched result can be one or more.
> > can anyone help me with the code. How to search records and display it in
> > text box.
> > Thanx
> >
> > AP
>
> .

count cells using multiple criteria
Can anyone show me how to count the number of rows containing two or more criteria? For example, if one column has the text "DO" and another column has the text "RD11" how do I count only those rows that contain both DO and RD11? One way: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000="DD"),--(B1:B1000="RD11")) In article <0F41177E-45A0-4B0B-AE33-6BCCF2F3B8D1@microsoft.com>, Alex68 <Alex68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone show me how to count the number of rows containing two or more > criteria? For example, if one column has the te...

Data and Other Records
Hi - I'm building a pivot table consisting of counts of a list of items. I want to include only the first 50 items in detail, but lump all the others into an "other" category with a count on it, instead of detail on records above 50. Hopefully this makes some sense! Thanks, Greg. -- groggrog ------------------------------------------------------------------------ groggrog's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27400 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469155 ...

Excel text box #2
Is there a way to set the default text alignment to "center" for both vertical and horizontal in the draw text box? I am using Excel 2000. I found it for the cell default. That's what I want to do with the draw text box. -- Thanks To get the horizontal centering--just select your text and hit the Center Icon on the format toolbar--just like you would to center text in a cell. I had to hit enter a few times (at the beginning of the text) to center it vertically. rvrl wrote: > > Is there a way to set the default text alignment to "center" for both > ...

How can i change chart data point format based on value?
I have a simple column chart with a single data series. I would like to change the color of an individual data point column depending on value. Thanks very much. You want to make a conditional chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Harold96" <Harold96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3674450D-70A9-4227-B29A-36262B7BE723@microsoft.com... >I have a simple column chart with a single data series. I would...

is there a faster way to get text
Everytime I want to type something, I have to go back up to the Text Box, is there a quick key stroke that will allow me to keep typing without having to click on the Text Box over and over again? Denise, If you have PPT 2003, double click the textbox icon on the drawing toolbar. From that moment on you can click and type as many textboxes as you will. To stop just press escape or double click the icon again. If you have PPT 2007, you can do the same thing by right-clicking the textbox icon to lock the button. Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "Denise" wrote: > ...

text wrapping #6
How do I get text to wrap around a gallery object? The same way as any wrapping. What problem are you having? Select the object, Arrange, Order, bring to the front (alt+F6). If you have a border around your publication, send it to the back first. (alt+shift+F6). -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "rita alford" <rita alford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B08694CB-BB1C-43E5-B9F7-250D8ECF6448@microsoft.com... > How do I get text to wrap around a gallery object? ...

Open form based on selection
I have a form [frm_modelselect] where I will select a chair model. Then I want to hit a command, or just have a macro that runs onChange. Either way, I want to open a specific form based on the Model that I selected in [frm_modelselect]. How do I go about doing this? Thanks in advance. Travis On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:24:04 -0700, Tdahlman wrote: > I have a form [frm_modelselect] where I will select a chair model. Then I > want to hit a command, or just have a macro that runs onChange. > Either way, I want to open a specific form based on the Model that I > selected in [frm_...

In-Box
Cannot cause Windows Live Mail to show a listing of E-Mails in my In-Box Folder. Need Help. -- Bud This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_010D_01CB375E.5F47B6E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit Which Inbox? - individual account Inbox If so, Pop3, IMAP or Http(DeltaSync) - Quick Views ‘All Inbox’ Ensure show all messages is enabled ? -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Bud" <birdy@epix.net> wrote in message news:B7D115DB-6A75-4A7E-90B1-88B9DD3074C3@microsoft.com... Cannot c...

Rich Text
Hi, One of my clients wants to record job position description in CRM. However, lack of rich text functionality in CRM makes it harder for them to use CRM. Is there any way I can provide rich text within CRM - whether by configuration, .NET customization or a third party add on? Please advise. Thanks, Shikhar have you tried using the data type (ntext) and format "text area" ? ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ Hi Aamir, How do you format the "text area" to give a rich text functionality? Thanks for taking time to respond. Shikhar "A...

Vanishing text boxes
I'm trying to copy, as pictures, a considerable number of charts from different sheets onto a consolidated sheet that I can then distribute without the large quantity of underlying data and calculations. All the charts were generated by the same VBA routine and each includes three text boxes. These are unavoidable. When I copy the charts as pictures one at a time by hand I've not met any problems. However, doing the copying within a VBA loop results in some of the copied charts appearing without their text boxes. Whenever this happens all three text boxes are missing, even though ...

changing columns in the select names dialog box
Outlook 2003 using Microsoft Exchange Server. 1) Is it possible to change which columns display and in what order in the "select columns" dialog box? 2) I have found that I can remove a column by dragging and sliding a column to the left against the next column on the left. Unfortunately I have removed some columns that I would like to see. How do I get the columns to appear again? Many thanks. Jeff 1) No.=20 2) That's a tricky one! It took a couple of minutes for me to figure = out. Position your mouse pointer exactly over the divider on the left = side of the colu...

Requested record was not found/you do not have sufficient permissi
Hello, We have used “Lead” entity for Prospecting, but we are getting the following error when creating a new record for “Lead” entity: “The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it.” Please Note -> we are logged in with the system admin user (deployment user). Kindly let us know if there’s a way to rectify the same. Thanks in advance and help appreciated. Bharat ...

Change XY tick labels from numeric to text
Hi all. Hope you can help. I am exploring a huge dataset of data by U.S. zip codes. Each row is a zip code, the state the zip belongs to, the state number, and a count of widgets. 91234 AK 2 0.123 91872 AK 2 0.234 91232 AK 2 0.345 26271 AZ 3 0.111 23111 AZ 3 0.222 Although this might sound strange, I am graphing the entire dataset as an XY scatter plot --- with the state number as the x values and the widgets as the y-values. The resultant plot shows the distribution of widgets for each state very quickly and easily and all on one graph. I&#...

Shading text using keyboard shortcuts

Pivot Table -- Text??
I don't think this is possible, but thought I'd check to be sure. Can a pivot table display text values or must a pivot table do calculations and only display numbers?? I am basically trying to create a report from data I pulled from MS Project... I've got a resource name, a list of dates, and a list of projects. I'm looking for a solution to the cross tab report "who does what when." I want to create a pivot table that will display the dates as columns, and the resource names as rows... and then in the data section the project name. I want it to look somethin...

Copy ranges into email
Hi, How do i add more than one item to the body of a outlook mail using vba. I am using named range to select the items. i want to add Text, the leave two lines HTMLBody then leave two lines and add another HTMLBody and leace two lines and add Text I have a function that does the RangetoHTML after passing myRange to it. I am getting confused here. With OutMail .To = s .CC = "SH-DI-List" .BCC = "" .Subject = n & " - Trades in Pending Queue in SW " & Format(Now, "dd-Mmm-yyyy") & _ "...

Exchange support for multiple domains
We have just started another small spin off company. We would like to have our current exchange servers configured to accept and deliver email for these users. Right now we have a single domain and a single exch org. Are there any docs out there that can show me how to do this?? Thanks Sure: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/268838 "jwilmer" <jwilmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0D90B48-29FB-4432-B655-03971327F6EE@microsoft.com... > We have just started another small spin off company. > We would like to have our current exchange servers confi...

Radar Chart with Multiple scales
I'm trying to create a Radar/Spider Diagram that will allow me to show multiple scales. For instance, a few of my numbers are in %s while others are in Dollars. I have 10 categories I'm showing. Each time I try to change the "selected" scale, it changes it for each point. How can I have multiple scales? Custom Radar Chart http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/custom_radar/index.htm I also have a functional add-in based on the idea. I will try and upload it to my web site in the next few days...but no promises. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Exce...

calendar to record my workouts
Does anyone know a calendar that I can record my workouts in preferably .xls so I cqan add up the calories, minutes, heart rate, etc. Thank you! See following link if helps. http://www.palmpilotarchives.com/diet_fitness_3.html Regards Jed "madeline" <madeline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0825CEA-A5F7-476F-A676-30FC42D934FA@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know a calendar that I can record my workouts in preferably ..xls > so I cqan add up the calories, minutes, heart rate, etc. Thank you! Thank you, Jed! "Jed" wrote: > See fol...

How can a calculated value be displayed wiyhin a text string
I am trying to display calculated value in a text string. The value could change as the variables change. the use of the Ampersand "&" ="all " & (2+3) & " people" will show as all 5 people If you want the number to be in a given format check the text() funciton in help. "Furrukh" wrote: > I am trying to display calculated value in a text string. The value could > change as the variables change. You don't give any details, but perhaps something like ="The sum of the first 10 values is " & SUM(A1:A10) &a...

Import Text to specific cell
I'd like to import a set of data to specific, non-sequential, cells in a spreadsheet. Is there a way of doing this without using VBA? e.g. 3 fields worth per row of source data with the first being Column and the second being row and third being the text (or number) to put in a cell. Data: A 3 "3.5 Course1" C 5 " 3 Course 3" etc. This would put "3.5 Course1" in cell A:3, " 3 Course 3" in C:5 etc. It seems as though it ought to be doable. Any help would be appreciated. Jim Mitchell I don't think you can without VBA Assuming your ...

Creating a graduation program border using text
Hi, I am creating a program for a graduation event. On the front cover I would like to create a border using text from a poem or a bible verse. I have no clue how to create a border using text. Please share any ideas you have on how to do this. Thank you so much! You would have to create text boxes to fit and rotate the sides and bottom. Your best solution is a draw program. DrawPlus is free. Usually draw programs have *fit text to path*. http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/ -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "werjones" <werjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Best way to delete duplcate records in a table.
I have a table that has duplicate records in it. I ran a duplicate query that returned all duplicates. What is the best way to delete the duplicates since you apprantly can not do so while in the query? Any responses are greatly appreciated. Ghost, Without any specific information about your table/fields, that would be hard to say. Give us a bit of info about the relevant fields in your table, and... how you would determine that a record is a duplicate or not. Then we might be able to find some logic (if possible) to assist in their removal. As a very general rule though, d...

Combo Box Rowsource property
Deer Friends I want to set Rowsource property of combo box while using command button in my form By default rowsource of combo is based on querry I want to modify this querry providing modifying criteria given for one of the field Actually I want to filter the values in the row source of the combo box Please advise ramesh shetty See: Limit content of combo/list boxes at: http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0028.htm I guess some of us do like venison. :-) -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Re...

Email router to multiple exchange
Is it possible to setup an email router to link to muiltple exchange? My client's NZ branch is using a different Exchange server which is outside the company domain. If we setup a VPN, to let the CRM server to link to the NZ Exchange server. And we create another incoming or outgoing profile for those NZ users in Email configuration manager. Is it right? Thanks -- MS CRM consultants at Melbourne Visit my CRM blog at http://melbournecrm.spaces.live.com/ yes you can, but you can also use pop and smtp for in and out. then you specify within the user profile to use the email router ...