Next Record in ListBox

Is there an easy way to move to the next record in a list box after the list
box has been clicked on?

Martin

Hi,
you can use following code:

        If Me.MyListbox.ListCount > 0 Then
            Me.MyListbox.Selected(1) = True
        end if

--
Best regards,
___________

"Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there an easy way to move to the next record in a list box after the
> list
> box has been clicked on?
>
> Martin

0
Alex
12/1/2009 11:50:33 AM
"Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there an easy way to move to the next record in a list box after the
> list
> box has been clicked on?
>
> Martin

Try the following code in your listbox's AfterUpdate event:

Dim idx As Long

With Me.MyListbox
    idx = .ListIndex
    If .ListCount > 1 And idx < .ListCount Then
        .ListIndex = idx + 1
    End If
End With

0
Stuart

MS Query and SQL
I am trying to write a query where the following columns are present: Item.Description Item.Price Department.Name Supplier.Name The problem is that when I set up the joins in MS Query, the records that don't have an associated supplier assigned are not returned. When I try to change the join type on Item.SupplieID-Supplier.ID, it says outer joins are not allowed with more than two tables in the query. Any ideas on how I can get it to return all records even if there is no supplier? Thanks, Jason I'm not familiar with MSQuery, but if it will let you insert the SQL command ...

New User
I am creating a new user. When I save & close I get an error. The details of the error as follows. How can I solve this issue? Error Number: 0x80040E2F Query String /biz/users/edit.aspx_CreateFromType=10&_CreateFromId={1B63542C-F92D-46D7-B643-AD25E04B8362} User Message: Duplicate Record A record of this type with this name already exists. Please choose a different name and try again. Is there another user record in the system already with the same network login name? Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------...

Have data with multiple records associated to same ID
My Data Situation: A B 33007014220000 33007014220000 DLL 33007014220000 CND 33007014220000 CBL Need to get it like this: A B 33007014220000 CBL,CND,DLL Is there a way to do this via formulas or code? I am doing it by hand and will take days to go through 1683 Unique records. Thanks for your help! Dan How many subsets are you likely to have (maximum)? Are the values DLL, CND etc in column C, or are they tagged on to the end of the I...

Listbox problem
I have the following code setup. My form has 5 listboxes on them named LB1 thru LB5. All listboxes are single select. The code simply captures which listbox has been clicked (onClick event) then it does some stuff (not included in following code) and finally deselects the entry in the listbox. It's giving me fits. It will not deselect the entry. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? thanks Dim ctlCurrentControl As Control Dim strControlName As String Dim intCurrentRow As Integer Dim tmp_selected As Integer Set ctlCurrentControl = Screen.Ac...

verify all subforms have records
Access 2003 I have a form called f001ProjectReview (PK ProjectID) it has several subforms linked by ProjectID. Sub1, Sub2, Sub3. There is a button that activates a pop up form called fClosureApprovalPopUp linked by ProjectID. On fClosureApprovalPopUp I have an approval button. When user clicks the approval button I need to verify that all subforms on f001ProjectReview have records. If there is a subform that does not have a record then display message that required data is missing and exit without saving. Your help is greatly appreciated!! -- deb You could u...

Suppress Autonumber record from displaying on the form
I have a query that feeds the form. I would like to only show the query results without the Autonumber record showing up at the very end. Is it possible to suppress it. Thanks MSA MSA wrote: > I have a query that feeds the form. I would like to only show the > query results without the Autonumber record showing up at the very > end. Is it possible to suppress it. > > Thanks > MSA Set the Form's AllowAdditions property to No. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appropriate) to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com ...

minimal payroll records
Hello: I'm pretty sure that I'm correct on this. But, I want to check with you all first. I know that as a means of disaster recovery (server gets blown away) that a client can restore backups of their DYNAMICS and comapany databases onto a new server. I have done that before. But, let's say the client just wants to restore a minimal set of data just to gbe able to cut paychecks out for employees. Can they restore just their DYNAMICS databases and the UPR master tables ? Thanks! childofthe1980s no, that would not work. It may be possible to achieve what you want; You s...

Populate Excel Listbox
Hi, I'm using this piece of code to populate an excel userform listbox with the name of each worksheet in a workbook i = 1 For Each ws In Worksheets Worksheets.Select Sheets(i).Activate ListBox1.AddItem (ActiveSheet.Name) i = i + 1 Next ws Is there a better way I can do this as this could visable activates each sheet each time the listbox is repopulated. Thanks ...pc i = 1 For Each ws In Worksheets ListBox1.AddItem (Worksheets(i).Name) i = i + 1 Next ws -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "PC" <paulm do...

Record Locator
I have posted this in the past, but no one was brave enough to take it on: How can I build a record locator similar to the way it works in MSOutlook, where the more characters you type, the closer it moves to your record. And if you type a string that doesn't exist in the table, it will still move as close as it can, based on the first part of the string. IE: You type MARY. The record with Mary comes up. You type MARRY (by mistake), and there is no MARRY record existing, so: The first record that starts with MAR comes up. TIA, Kathy On Apr 18, 1:54 pm, "Kathy Webster&quo...

How to unconcatenate a record in Access
I have a table with a fields that contains both a date and time. I am having trouble pulling a query using a Between (this) And (That) criteria. Can I do something like I can in Excel where I can seperate the two pieces into two seperate fields? -- Bill1967 On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:46:05 -0700, Bill1967 <Bill1967@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table with a fields that contains both a date and time. I am having >trouble pulling a query using a Between (this) And (That) criteria. Can I do >something like I can in Excel where I can seperate the two pieces int...

How to stop acces from saving the record
Hi I am using main form and subform and when I focus on the sub form Access saves the record and I need to know how to stop acces from saving the record when the subform is on focus? I understand that I need to unbound the main form and then bound it on before update event. I tried this code but I get some errors. On Error GoTo Error_Handler Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Set db = CurrentDb Set rst = db.OpenRecordset("tblWhatever", dbOpenDynaset) With rst .AddNew !WhateverID = Me.txtWhateverID !FirstName = Me.tx...

Recording a command button name
I have an application where the user is prompted to save when they leave the the data entry form either by previewing a report of the data or by closing the form completely. There are two buttons a user can use to do this cmdPreview or cmdClose. I use a module to promt the user for svae. What I would like to do is differentiate to the module which button was clicked. Is there a way to do this? thanks You could take a look at Screen.ActiveControl.Name -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "E" <...

Linking an iframe to a unique intranet account record page
We have an internal client database website that I'd like to link to a custom tab within CRM (as an iframe). Each record/url in the client website has a client number. This client number is the same as the "AccountNumber" within CRM. So I want AccountNumber '7130' to display this url within my custom iframe tab: http://intranet.website.com/apps/company/body.asp?cno=7130 The account name also matches exactly, so if it is easier to build the url based on the name, that would work too. Thanks in advance... FYI, here's what I've done thus far: 1. Create a...

Retrieve Records if a Value is Null/Empty in SQl Server 2005
select Field1, Field2, Field3, Field4, Field5, Field6 from Mytable I need to retrieve records if any of the listed filed value is empty/null. Try (assuming empty means blank string): SELECT col1, col2, col3 FROM Foo WHERE col1 IS NULL OR col1 = '' OR col2 IS NULL OR col2 = '' OR col3 IS NULL OR col3 = ''; -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com SELECT Field1, Field2, Field3, Field4, Field5, Field6 FROM Mytable WHERE ISNULL(Field1, '') = '' OR ISNULL(Field1, '') = '' OR ISNULL(Field1, '') = '&...

Basic Select Query Duplicating a single end user's records
I am stumped with a particular problem. My table consists of hundreds of records that are directed to their associated end user. This is my simple Select query shown here: "SELECT [Name Tbl].Mgr, [Name Tbl].Name, [Data Tbl].Survey_CNT, FROM Manager INNER JOIN ([Name Tbl] INNER JOIN [Data Tbl] ON [Name Tbl].ID# = [Data Tbl].Name) ON Manager.OM = [Name Tbl].Mgr" Inside the Data Tbl, one Name shows 4 physical records. However, in this simple query it has duplicated one Name's records so now there is 8 for that one particular name. The other Names show a correct m...

Unable to view all CRM records
Hello there, We had migrated a CRM v1.2 test implementation into a Production environment some time ago. Although not all the users (especially new users created) are able to view all records from the previous test implementation. We migrated records and recreated the user list and merged all existing UserID for the owners and all users from the old SID's to the new SID's. This has not been a problem for most old users, although we are now receiving problems with some users (some old, but especially new users) not being able to view the old records, only new records created since t...

count related records
2 tables - 1) tickets and 2) messages. Tickets contains the main data and messages contains all the comments made relating to that ticket. How do I count the number of records (or messages) in the related table? So, I have 1 ticket in the system and 4 comments have been made in that ticket. I want to be able to take that number and append it to another ticket table showing "4" in that field. Appending the count to another ticket table is not the thing to do! Say you append 4 and then add another message. The count is now 5 but you only have 4 in the other table....

populating a listbox...
Hello, Using VC++6 MFC, I want to populate a listbox with the following array: char * MyStrigs[] = { {"String1"}, {"String2"}, {"String3"}, {"0"} }; How would I do this? What CListbox function would I use? Thanks, RABMissouri RAB wrote: > Hello, > > Using VC++6 MFC, I want to populate a listbox with the following array: > > char * MyStrigs[] = > { > {"String1"}, > {"String2"}, > {"String3"}, >...

Find Records that are NOT duplicates
Hello All: I have a list of numbers most of which are duplicates. However, some numbers are listed only once. I would like to create a list of the numbers that are only listed once. Eliminating duplicates is not a problem, but how can I isolate the numbers listed only once. Hopefully it is something easy that I am just not thinking of... Here is a quick example: 1111 1111 2222 3333 3333 4444 4444 5555 6666 6666 I would only want 2222 and 5555. Any help is greatly appreciated. cleech <cleech@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello All: > I have a list of numbers most of which are dupli...

ListBox and H Scroll
I have a ListBox on a form that was designed in VC6 resource editor. I asked for H and V scroll. Regardless of the length of the items in the list box the H scrollbar never appears. If I check the no show, then the HScroll is grayed out. I have several long strings for which scrolling would be useful. Thanks. Thomas Take a look at my automatic-HScroll listbox on my MVP Tips site. You have to send a WM_SETHORIZONTALEXTENT message to make it work, and my listbox class does this automatically. joe On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 12:03:28 -0400, Thomas <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: >I ...

Next Record Event
Hi,I am wanting to add the current date to each new form, as I advancethrough the recordset, using the buttons built in to the form at thebottom. I have currently the following code, but I am wanting toenable the date stamp on successive record entries in the samesession. Thanks, Louis---------Private Sub Form_Load() 'Set date stamp on current record Text50.Value = DateEnd Sub ll, First, you should name your objects something more meaningful than Text50... something CreateDate, or InvoiceDate, MyDate etc... Delete the code you have now in the OnLoad event. Next, is Text50 a D...

Print only current record
Using Access 2007. Hi all, I'm trying to figure out how to show a report only displaying the current record. I created a db using the Issues Database as a template. It has a form called Issue Details which has a button that prints a report of all issues. I created a new button and want to be able to print the same report but only with the record that is selected on the form. I searched the 'net and based on what I found I added this to the button's Click event: -------------------------------------- Private Sub Command188_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command188_Click Dim MyFor...

Comparing Records in two Tables
SQL2008 can anyone point me in the right directon to look up how to do this If i have two databases DB1 and DB2, each have 1 table DB1.TB1 and DB2.TB1. The structure of both DB1.TB1 and TB2.TB1 are identical. If I run a Query doing an INSERT into DB2.TB1 .. Select * From DB1.TB1, What will be the easist way to check that the record was written. Is there a 'compare' function avalible ? Some occasions only 1 record will be written, but sometimes it will be multiple records > If I run a Query doing an INSERT into DB2.TB1 .. Select * From DB1.TB1, > What will be...

mailmerge record limit?
Hi All, Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of records (in Excel) you can safely use as the data source for a mailmerge in one go, please? Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

No macro recording dialog box
When I record a macro, I no longer get the macro recording dialog box. I can stop the macro from tools/macro/stop recording. However without the dialog box I cannot choose relative reference. I use to have this box. Hi Steve! Right click any toolbar. Select Customize. On the Toolbars Tab, scroll down and check Stop Recording. Close. If you are recording a macro and use the "X" to close the toolbar instead of using the blue stop button, the toolbar will no longer appear. Biff >-----Original Message----- >When I record a macro, I no longer get the macro recording >...