more on VBA function name change

I thought I'd start a new thread since I haven't received any replies to my
first one...

To recap:
I've declared a function in a module using mixed case:
     Function TMDE_Category (FormName As Form)

I noticed recently that it appeared in the module as
     Function tmde_category(FormName As Form)

I changed it back to the mixed case declaration, saved the module, exited
the app, reopened it and looked. The function had changed back to the all
lowercase declaration.

Things I've tried since the original post:
Using the databse documenter, I selected all objects in the database and
saved the resulting report as a pdf file, so I could search all 2700 pages of
it. Originally, I found 3 instances of the all lowercase version of the
function in some query definitions (there's a field in a table with the same
name as the function), so I changed the name of the field in the table to
mixed case, and changed the query definitions also. Reran the database
documenter, re-searched the pdf file, every instance of TMDE_Category is in
mixed case - except the module where the function is declared, where it is
lowercase - again.

Thinking there's a symbol table somewhere that I'm not finding, I completely
removed the function from my application; compiled; saved; exited; reopened
with the decompile switch; compacted and repaired the database; exited.
Reopened the application; inserted the function with mixed case (from a plain
text file); saved the module; exited. Reopened and looked - sure enough the
function is once more all lowercase.

Anyone have an idea before I pull out ALL of my hair?

Thanks.

Here is what I would do.

Rename   Function TMDE_Category (FormName As Form)
Function MyTMDE_Category (FormName As Form)

Then use debug.compile to find all other instances of TMDE_Category and
tmde_category, and replace them with MyTMDE_Category.

I am not concerned about why you have this problem, but I expect that the
above steps would fix it.

"John B. Smotherman" <JohnBSmotherman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:4EB5DCD0-0152-49F4-B7B6-0D1832C73130@microsoft.com...
>I thought I'd start a new thread since I haven't received any replies to my
> first one...
>
> To recap:
> I've declared a function in a module using mixed case:
>     Function TMDE_Category (FormName As Form)
>
> I noticed recently that it appeared in the module as
>     Function tmde_category(FormName As Form)
>
> I changed it back to the mixed case declaration, saved the module, exited
> the app, reopened it and looked. The function had changed back to the all
> lowercase declaration.
>
> Things I've tried since the original post:
> Using the databse documenter, I selected all objects in the database and
> saved the resulting report as a pdf file, so I could search all 2700 pages
> of
> it. Originally, I found 3 instances of the all lowercase version of the
> function in some query definitions (there's a field in a table with the
> same
> name as the function), so I changed the name of the field in the table to
> mixed case, and changed the query definitions also. Reran the database
> documenter, re-searched the pdf file, every instance of TMDE_Category is
> in
> mixed case - except the module where the function is declared, where it is
> lowercase - again.
>
> Thinking there's a symbol table somewhere that I'm not finding, I
> completely
> removed the function from my application; compiled; saved; exited;
> reopened
> with the decompile switch; compacted and repaired the database; exited.
> Reopened the application; inserted the function with mixed case (from a
> plain
> text file); saved the module; exited. Reopened and looked - sure enough
> the
> function is once more all lowercase.
>
> Anyone have an idea before I pull out ALL of my hair?
>
> Thanks.

0
Jeanette
5/28/2010 11:57:08 PM
You have to change the name to change the case.

Note, you don't have to change the whole database,
just change the name of the function to something else,
then change it back with the correct case.

(david)

"John B. Smotherman" <JohnBSmotherman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:4EB5DCD0-0152-49F4-B7B6-0D1832C73130@microsoft.com...
>I thought I'd start a new thread since I haven't received any replies to my
> first one...
>
> To recap:
> I've declared a function in a module using mixed case:
>     Function TMDE_Category (FormName As Form)
>
> I noticed recently that it appeared in the module as
>     Function tmde_category(FormName As Form)
>
> I changed it back to the mixed case declaration, saved the module, exited
> the app, reopened it and looked. The function had changed back to the all
> lowercase declaration.
>
> Things I've tried since the original post:
> Using the databse documenter, I selected all objects in the database and
> saved the resulting report as a pdf file, so I could search all 2700 pages
> of
> it. Originally, I found 3 instances of the all lowercase version of the
> function in some query definitions (there's a field in a table with the
> same
> name as the function), so I changed the name of the field in the table to
> mixed case, and changed the query definitions also. Reran the database
> documenter, re-searched the pdf file, every instance of TMDE_Category is
> in
> mixed case - except the module where the function is declared, where it is
> lowercase - again.
>
> Thinking there's a symbol table somewhere that I'm not finding, I
> completely
> removed the function from my application; compiled; saved; exited;
> reopened
> with the decompile switch; compacted and repaired the database; exited.
> Reopened the application; inserted the function with mixed case (from a
> plain
> text file); saved the module; exited. Reopened and looked - sure enough
> the
> function is once more all lowercase.
>
> Anyone have an idea before I pull out ALL of my hair?
>
> Thanks.

0
david

Forced Password Change
Is their any way to force a Dynamics GP user (v9 or v10) to change their password when you are NOT using SQL 2005? Thanks! ~MAC Hi Mac, There is a third party product available call OMNI Tools. This product is available from Rocton Software. Please find the link attached to their website. http://www.rocktonsoftware.com Thanks Don Craig "MAC" wrote: > Is their any way to force a Dynamics GP user (v9 or v10) to change their > password when you are NOT using SQL 2005? > > Thanks! > > ~MAC ...

Forward misspelled names to user account if doman is correct.
Is it possible to catch for instance a misspelled name like moike@domain.com that should be mike@domain.com and forward it to another account? It should be able to pick up anything (like *@domain.com) and forward it to joe@domain.com. Thanks in advance. Mike Are you really sure that you want to do this? If so, you can take a look at the methods listed here. http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/exchange_catcha.html -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "pakitloss" <pakitloss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24DB863D-49F5-457A-BA47-B7D26F422...

need registration name and key for reinstall
I purchased Money 2007 Premium in August, 2006, via Digital River download and I also ordered a backup CD. Everything worked fine until my computer died. Now I am trying to install Money on a new computer using the same backup CD. But it pops up a window entitled "Key Expired". It appears that I need a "registration name and key", "exactly as given to you". Perhaps I did receive this information before but it would now be lost on my dead computer. Is there a way to retrieve the requisite magic cookies from someone's web site? And what credentials...

Exchane 5.5 IMC Naming
I need to change the FQDN display name on a 5.5 Exchange IMC. Currently the server displays netbiosname.localdomain, where it should read the FQDN of the server. I've searched the registry and misc. config files in the Exchange directory to no avail. In Exchange 2K + you can set this in the server SMTP config. However there is no place to set this in 5.5. Any ideas? Thanks for the help. We ran into a similar issue. We found our options to be either configure our reverse lookup records to our internal namespace or change the domain suffix of the smtp machine. We ended up changing ...

Where to change my own internet adress in "FROM:" field?
I am using Outlook 2003 with Exchange server. My own eMail address is presented to recipients as Aaaaa.Bbbbbb@ccccccc.com Note: mixing of capital and lower letters I want my email address completely changed to lower letters: aaaaa.bbbbbb@ccccccc.com Where in Outlook can I change this? or is this a setting in Exchange Server ? Joe This is a setting in ADUC/Exchange. I would guess that everyone is set up with the same format throughout the company. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Joe deAngelo" wr...

Return the name of the object I click on in a form
Hi, How do I go about returning the name of an object on a form. For example if I set the "On Click" event procedure on a rectangle object to return: MsgBox Me.Name I get the form name. What I want to do is click on the object and be abe to reference it's properties such as Tag to run other code based in these values. As always any assistance is greatly appreciated. Regards, John Dumay For the name of the control try Screen.ActiveControl.Name For the control itself use Screen.ActiveControl -- AG Email: discussATadhdataDOTcom "John Dumay" <JohnDumay@dis...

named range scope...
i get confused... a named range can have: a global level (to the entire workbook), or a worksheet level (to the active worksheet), or a ... also, i've really looked, but can't find good information on how to define 1 level name vs. the other... (any direction on this ?) Mark, Just the two. A workbook name is created by just inserting a name in the Names box, such as myRange. A worksheet name is created by adding the sheet name to the name in the Names box, such as Sheet1!myRange. You can then also create Sheet2!myRange. You can only add a worksheet name if ...

Excel 2007
Hi all, We have a spreadsheet that was set up to link to a database via a system DSN. To simplify deployment of this, I'd like to change this to connect via the connection string below: DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=xxx;UID=xxx;PWD=xxx;DATABASE=xxx; I've done this for another spreadsheet, and it was easy (Data tab- >Connections->Properties), but in this next spreadsheet the Connection Properties for one connection are greyed out/disabled, so I can't change the string. Does anyone have any ideas how to enable these values again so I can change the connection string? thanks! ...

File Name Length
Does anyone know if filenames can be longer than 31 characters in Office 2004? Thanks. In article <19bee01c41cec$47393e90$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "JM" <doubledawg9498@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does anyone know if filenames can be longer than 31 characters in Office > 2004? Thanks. FIrst, you *can* have filenames longer than 31 characters in Office v.X already - you just can't generate them. While v.X apps display a hash at the end of a long filename, it keeps the filename intact when you save. MS hasn't announced anything regarding long file names in 2004 ye...

What is the _T() Function for?
What is the _T() function? How do you use it? What needs to be included to allow use of it? Thanks a million. Oops, forgot. It is defined in tchar.h, which is implicitly included in all MFC compilations. joe On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 21:29:00 GMT, "CLEAVEAGE" <iamcleaver@shaw.ca> wrote: >What is the _T() function? How do you use it? What needs to be included to >allow use of it? >Thanks a million. > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm ...

How to remove contacts when email changes
Outlook 2003 If I receive an email from a sender not on my list, that sender's email address is not automatically added to my contacts but will appear on the automated list when I enter the first letter of the sender's email address. If that sender changes email address I cannot delete the old email address. Instead I am left with two email addresses for that sender both of which will appear on the automated list. How can I remove the old email address? You seem to be confused. Receiving an email does not add an address anywhere in Outlook. Sending an email might, a...

Multiple AND OR functions
Is it possible to make this function work? =IF(AND(AND($B9="Z",AE9=35),OR(J9=1,J9="M",J9="C")),1000,IF(AND(AND($B9="A+",AE9=35),OR(J9=1,J9="M",J9="C")),750)) I need to find out if Cell B9 = Z and if Cell AE9 = 35, if this true then check cell J9 and check if it equals 1, M or C then return the value as 1000. (that bit works OK) I also want it to check if an alternative statement is true if the first is false whereby it checks the the same set of cells but this time, check if B9 =A+, if Cell AE9 = 35, if this true then...

creating a function for dividing two columns
I am trying to keep track of softball stats. I trying to make a column of batting averages. I have at bats in column b, hits in column c with the results in column d. I cant get the function right so it will display the correct result. use this =SUM(C1/B1) in cell D1. Format D1 as a number with 3 decimal places. Steve Hubbard "cflan" <cflan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:212BF952-55B9-45DF-BC8C-E8B670FA6010@microsoft.com... > I am trying to keep track of softball stats. I trying to make a column of > batting averages. I have at bats in column b,...

VBA project password
I've locked one of my ms access vba project by password for sometime and now i forget abt it, are there any utilities can review maybe just 2 charaters or more ? if i can know that i can remember. Thanks Daniel "Daniel" <danieltbt04@yahoo.com> wrote > I've locked one of my ms access vba project by password for sometime and now > i forget abt it, are there any utilities can review maybe just 2 charaters > or more ? if i can know that i can remember. Thanks Did you Google on all the words "Access" "password" and "recovery&qu...

can comment indicator color be changed?
Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see the indicator. Can the color be changed and if so how please. Thanks Karl AFAIK, no, you can't change this. Maybe you can change your CF color. Bright yellow? On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:27:02 -0700, "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells >that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see >the indic...

Change QuickFind to search contains
Hello, Is there a way to change the QuickFind to use the contains operator rather than begins with? Custom dev or third party recommendations are fine. Thanks. simply put a wildcard * in front of your search term in the query box and it will match the defined search fields for that entitiy type on a 'like" (contains) basis. ...

Counting of Names ?
I have some names in some cells like " Abraham" " Sathish " etc . I want the number of occurances of each name Counted ,within a range of cells and made known at a perticulat cell Like Name No of Times Abraham 110 Sathish 20 Regards Vijay Hi Vijay! Put the unique names in a column and use (eg) =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$25,D1) If you want a fast way of extracting the list of names see: Chip Pearson http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingUnique -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (...

map data (x-y axis) with diffent series name
I have a set of x-y coordinate data set and i would like to plot them showing the respective series name. Is there an automatic way of doing this without haing to plot the data points separately. eg Name x y A 1 6 B 2 3 C 3 4 D 4 2 E 5 5 .. . . .. . . .. . . I will like to have a plot of x and y with A, B, C as series name without having to plot the points one after the other. Hi, Here are a couple of free addins that allow you to link data labels to cells. Rob Bovey's Char...

i can change the font on the screen to be large but can't print t.
i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi Maybe in the Page Setup you have this setting "fit to1 by 1 page" -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "tj" <tj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:244325C6-A407-4CD8-BE76-75AB3C93A78A@microsoft.com... >i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the > font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Display Field Name as Text Listing if Value True from Checkbox Fields
Hi everyone! I have 40 or so columns in a table using the yes/no data type. Each record in the table represents an audit of a paper form. Those items filled incorrectly or incompletely on the paper form receive a check on an access form during the audit process. I would like to create a feedback form based on the audit record that displays a listing of fields that received the check boxes, or rather, were incomplete or incorrect on paper form that was audited. On the feedback form, I only want to display something like this: "Your form had the following errors: ErrorFieldOneName Erro...

Error with VBA code
I am having error with this statement. Do anyone know what's the error with this line: ..CheckBoxes(i).Value = False Dim i As Integer For i = 1 To 19 ..CheckBoxes(i).Value = False Next i I would guess that you have fewer than 19 checkboxes. -- Jim <xiaodan86@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1178702221.638576.248520@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... |I am having error with this statement. Do anyone know what's the error | with this line: | .CheckBoxes(i).Value = False | | | Dim i As Integer | For i = 1 To 19 | .CheckBoxes(i).Value = False | Next i | ...

Proper Function
Hi, I have about 20 columns in an Excel spreadsheet that contain name, address, etc. in various forms of capitalization. I believe I can use the proper fucntion to capitalize the first letter of each work and make all other letters lowercase. My question is how do I do this for a series of columns, or selected columns all at one time. I see to be getting an error message related to a circular pattern or something like that Any help is much appreciated Thanks Bill If Columns A through T are the columns you want to change, then you nee U1 to say: =proper(a1) Drag that column to t...

Changing header and footer details in queries???????
Reports are simple in design view but queries are what I am interested in. I have not found a way to alter the header information in a query other than to turn it off. Is there a way to add information???? Cheers Duncan Duncan, open the query in design view put the cursor in a column of the query open the query's property dialog in the row for Caption, type the name to show for the heading for that column. To do this in a more automatic way, create a calculated field for that column by putting the heading followed by a colon in front of that field Example Field called ODate in the row...

Using INDIRECT in named range for chart data series
I recently read a post that described how to use the indirect function to define named ranges for a chart series. I attempted to do the same, but still get a message from the data series editor that my formula contains an invalid reference. This is the formula for the series: =SERIES("Load",Data!Time,Data!Load,1) and Time is defined in the Data worksheet as: =INDIRECT(Data!$Q$10):INDIRECT(Data!$Q$11) Load is defined as: =INDIRECT(Data!$Q$6):INDIRECT(Data!$Q$7) Where the values in Q6, Q7, Q10, and Q11 refer to the desired starting and ending addresses of the seri...

GP 9.0 Modifier/VBA Cannot close lookup window
Hi: The look up window ( VendorDetail(Grid) ) for vendors still open when close the vendor’s maintenance window. I tried this: Private Sub Window_AfterClose() If VendorsDetail.IsLoaded = True Then VendorsDetail.IsLoaded = False End If End Sub But I had Compile error Method or Data member not found. Any idea to close this window after VendorMaintenance close will be appreciated. Regards for all of you Hello Valentine, what i followed from your question here is you want to close the lookup of the vendor list when you close the window of vendor maintenance. here a...