Limiting data in a report

I have a field in my database that contains only single letters which refer
to the specific type of data contained in the other fields. ("A" refers to
one specific type while "B" refers to another, etc.)  I am attempting to set
up an input box which will allow the user to produce a report consisting of
data related to "A", "B" or whichever type is desired.

Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer)
x = InputBox("C for Airmail, R for Revenues, O for Official Stamps. Leave
blank for all")
Reports![Wish List]![Prefix]![Criteria] = x
End Sub

I seem to remember doing this once before with a related statement in the
Criteria cell for the particular field but cannot find my records.  If I have
totally confused you I will re-state the problem, hoping to be more clear.

Thanks for any help you can give,
--
Pops Jackson

Hi Pops Jackson,

try in this way

Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer)
x = InputBox("C for Airmail, R for Revenues, O for Official Stamps. Leave
blank for all")
Me.Filter = "replace with the name of the field on which apply the filter='"
& x & "'"
Me.FilterOn = True
End Sub

HTH Paolo

"Pops Jackson" wrote:

> I have a field in my database that contains only single letters which refer
> to the specific type of data contained in the other fields. ("A" refers to
> one specific type while "B" refers to another, etc.)  I am attempting to set
> up an input box which will allow the user to produce a report consisting of
> data related to "A", "B" or whichever type is desired.
>
> Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer)
> x = InputBox("C for Airmail, R for Revenues, O for Official Stamps. Leave
> blank for all")
> Reports![Wish List]![Prefix]![Criteria] = x
> End Sub
>
> I seem to remember doing this once before with a related statement in the
> Criteria cell for the particular field but cannot find my records.  If I have
> totally confused you I will re-state the problem, hoping to be more clear.
>
> Thanks for any help you can give,
> --
> Pops Jackson
Thanks, Paolo.  That did the trick.
--
Pops Jackson

"Paolo" wrote:

> Hi Pops Jackson,
>
> try in this way
>
> Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer)
> x = InputBox("C for Airmail, R for Revenues, O for Official Stamps. Leave
> blank for all")
> Me.Filter = "replace with the name of the field on which apply the filter='"
> & x & "'"
> Me.FilterOn = True
> End Sub
>
> HTH Paolo
>
> "Pops Jackson" wrote:
>
> > I have a field in my database that contains only single letters which refer
> > to the specific type of data contained in the other fields. ("A" refers to
> > one specific type while "B" refers to another, etc.)  I am attempting to set
> > up an input box which will allow the user to produce a report consisting of
> > data related to "A", "B" or whichever type is desired.
> >
> > Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer)
> > x = InputBox("C for Airmail, R for Revenues, O for Official Stamps. Leave
> > blank for all")
> > Reports![Wish List]![Prefix]![Criteria] = x
> > End Sub
> >
> > I seem to remember doing this once before with a related statement in the
> > Criteria cell for the particular field but cannot find my records.  If I have
> > totally confused you I will re-state the problem, hoping to be more clear.
> >
> > Thanks for any help you can give,
> > --
> > Pops Jackson

Reporting IRA distributions
I have an IRA account with corresponding cash account. I am trying to get the distribution from the IRA to show up as "Retirement Income" in the Tax-Related Transactions report. How to do it? The distributions are handled as a transfer from the IRA Investment cash acct to a checking account. Thanks for any help. Money 99, BTW. Do I need to upgrade to a later version? ...

Data migration - Adventure Works

limit the number of outgoing messages
Hi, who can I limit the number of concurrent outgoing messages? for example: if I have a queue of 1000 messages, how can I force exchange to send only 50 messages at a time? ...

Custom reports #3

how to run onhand value report
I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 17:36:01 -0800, junebugg <junebugg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature You'll have to give us some more context than that, junebugg. What's the "onhand value report"? What's the "zoom feature"? You can see your database; we cannot! -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Departments on Z Report
Hello, I have noticed that as I set up new departments and categories into the database, the new departments are always printed last...or below all of the other departments. Is there a way to change this, and possibly have them organized alphebetically or in an order I would like? Thank You, Vicne Perhaps if you modified the department table usinfg Microsoft Access 2003 .... not that I would advise that :-) Vince... is this you... my buddy? Since you don't use an email address... I'm never sure if it you... and then I worry I'm getting too personal with someone I don'...

How do I assign a name to a PDF report via VBA
Thanks to the internet site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee336132.aspx I have the following subprocedure: Private Sub Print_to_PDF_Click() On Error Resume Next Dim reportName As String reportName = "HCBS CMgr Smmry Report" DoCmd.OpenReport reportName, _ View:=acPreview, WindowMode:=acHidden Set Reports(reportName).Printer = _ Application.Printers("CutePDF Printer") DoCmd.OpenReport reportName, _ View:=acViewNormal End Sub This appears to be a good start; however, it stops and waits for me to enter the n...

How can I count unique values in a query in the report footer 12-16-07
I have a report that gives me the count of the status of individuals . This works fine as long is there is only one record in the query (in my query there is one record per month). When I query 12 months (individuals may appear in various months) it counts each record of an individual. For Example in a query considering 12 months for a widow Jones it may count her 12 times and for a survivor named Smith may count her 8 times: Widows 12 Survivors 8 I would like to add a count in the report footer that will tell me how many unique individuals I have in the report (Example widows: Tot...

Source data, in Chart Menu, is grey and not accessible.
I set up a pivot table and designed a chart, saved and closed out of the workbook. Upon returning to work on this project, when selecting the chart menu to work with my source data, the source data is grey and not accessible. What might be causing this and can I correct it? It's a pivot chart. As soon as it's created, it's linked permanently to the pivot table, and you cannot change the source data. you cannot add more data that's not in the pivot table to the chart, nor can you remove data that is in the pivot table from the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

printing problems with memorized reports
We have recently been running into printing problems with our memorized reports. We will print preview a report and it will look fine on screen, then we will send to the printer, and the report print extremely small in the corner of the page. However if we go back in and re-print the report then it will print normal size on the page. We are not making any settings changes at all, and when it does this appears to just be at random. We are printing to an HP laserjet 4000 series printer that is on our network. We've used RMS with the same configuration for approx. 5 years now and ...

Reports and sub-reports problems
Dear Sirs,I have a report with 4 sub-reports.How can it be that 2 sub-reports are showing the data triple.Can someone help?ThanksKlaus I just realized. It's not due to being a subreport - it's already showing on the normal report triple data. It was not before and I did not change anything. I hope that someone can help me.Thanks Klaus"Amateur" wrote:> Dear Sirs,> I have a report with 4 sub-reports.> How can it be that 2 sub-reports are showing the data triple.> Can someone help?> Thanks> Klaus...

multi-company FRx reports
in FRx 6.5 and GP10, if company A and Company B have the same COA structre, can I create a report pulling data from both company databases and create a consolidated financial statement? Can I combine both the budget and actuals? Jim, Yes, what you're asking for is exactly what FRx does. If you are just starting out with FRx, I highly recommend a little training. An hour or two is typically enough for most users to be off creating their own reports. A little surprising to hear you say that you're on FRx 6.5 with GP 10.0 - the current version of FRx is 6.7 and ha...

Can not close the batch , Z Report
Hello, I Have a problem closing my day on store operations POS, what happen was at the end of the day when I was about to do a z report and to close I got a connection error meassage and the POS closed down with no z report print it, I reopen the Store Operations POS (2.0) and I notice the balances for the day is still there, so I try to do z report again, and this time I as able to get a z report and it showed everything at zero, but when I go to my custom botton Graphs I notice the balance still shows the same is my old closing amount , so it did not close the batch, I went ahead and ...

Transaction Auto-split reports for ALL employees
Transaction Auto-split for Adv PR needs a report that lists all employees and their designated splits for on-going audit purposes. Perhaps a default SmartList, as well. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Communi...

Missing Data Options
I am trying to use Tools - Options - Chart. I want to use the "not Plotted" option. When I click on it my chart does not change. This happens after I've selected the chart and then trying to make these changes. What am I doing wrong? I want to create a chart that ignores missing data, and gives me a trend line based on the data I have. I've had my nose in my Excel "bible" but can't find the answer. I greatly appreciate any tips. Jim -- jimsmith888 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jimsmith888's Profile: http...

Extracting data and returing to colums.
I am about half way there, but I need some more help. These are web inquires that parsed out in the same colum and repeat th same way all down the page. I want to be able to use the fields as guidelines to pull the dat adjacent to it and sent to the new colum. In a way it is transposin all the data, but I need to pull all the first names of these peopl and have them align in the first colum. Same for Last name, business etc. So if the information that I have come across like this in th spreadsheet, I just want the customer infomation to move to th appropriate colums like the third example...

how do I convert Mozilla thunderbird data to outlook 2010?
Converted from an old Outlook to Mozilla Thunderbird years ago. Like new Outlook and would like to switch back. Can't seem to see a conversion utility -- Mishka I suspect you export from thunderbird to a format Outlook can import, eg csv (assuming pop mail) "Mishka" <Mishka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:509C3250-167B-4FFF-9E07-5E5A8C625AA8@microsoft.com... > Converted from an old Outlook to Mozilla Thunderbird years ago. Like new > Outlook and would like to switch back. Can't seem to see a conversion > utility > -- >...