Last modified Date for an Access file

What is the vba command that yields the date when THE CODE for an access file
was modifed for the last time?

Can anybody post an example?

Perhaps someone will say otherwise, but to my knowledge this cannot be done.
You can determine the last modified time of the mdb file itself, but when
someone edited the vba code... I do not believe this is possible.

Why? What is the end goal?  Perhaps we can guide you in another way.
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault
http://www.cardaconsultants.com/

"Jess" wrote:

> What is the vba command that yields the date when THE CODE for an access file
> was modifed for the last time?
>
> Can anybody post an example?
Jess -

Modules and forms have modified dates, but not individual pieces of code
that I know of.

--
Daryl S

"Jess" wrote:

> What is the vba command that yields the date when THE CODE for an access file
> was modifed for the last time?
>
> Can anybody post an example?
Thanks

How can I know the modified date for a form, a report, and a module?

Can you post an example?

Thans

"Daryl S" wrote:

> Jess -
>
> Modules and forms have modified dates, but not individual pieces of code
> that I know of.
>
> --
> Daryl S
>

> "Jess" wrote:
>
> > What is the vba command that yields the date when THE CODE for an access file
> > was modifed for the last time?
> >
> > Can anybody post an example?
i'm not sure the code below will help you since as per this article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299554 it seems this is a known problem. not
sure if its been fixed. the article was written last June 25, 2004.

ACC2000: DAO LastUpdated Property Returns Incorrect Date/Time

Private Sub Command0_Click()
   MsgBox CurrentDb.Containers("Forms").Documents("form1").LastUpdated
End Sub

Jess wrote:
>Thanks
>
>How can I know the modified date for a form, a report, and a module?
>
>Can you post an example?
>
>Thans
>
>> Jess -
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>> >
>> > Can anybody post an example?

NuBie
2/4/2010 9:48:10 PM
Jess -

Be very careful with the system objects.   Remember to back up your database
before playing with this...

SELECT MSysObjects.DateUpdate
FROM MSysObjects
WHERE (((MSysObjects.Name)="objectname"));

Put in any object name (table name, report name, etc.)
--
Daryl S

"Jess" wrote:

> Thanks
>
> How can I know the modified date for a form, a report, and a module?
>
> Can you post an example?
>
> Thans
>

> "Daryl S" wrote:
>
> > Jess -
> >
> > Modules and forms have modified dates, but not individual pieces of code
> > that I know of.
> >
> > --
> > Daryl S
> >

> > "Jess" wrote:
> >
> > > What is the vba command that yields the date when THE CODE for an access file
> > > was modifed for the last time?
> > >
> > > Can anybody post an example?

Cannot access by OWA
Hi there, we�ve two ex2k servers. First in domain 1 with internet connection. Second in subdomain, connected by a dedicated line. Both servers are in same org and site. When I try to access the second server by owa I can�t access the mailboxes there. That�s only possible on the first server (SSL security is enabled). Do I�ve missed to configure something? Thanks for any advice. JK Sorry, found it myself. Just have to configure the server as a frontendserver! "J. Kuenzel" <kuenzelj@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OT3swrqLEHA.3696@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi the...

Access attachments don't work anymore
Outlook 2000's security update makes it impossible to receive MS Access .mdb or .mde files. But I need to do this to earn a living as an Access developer! Other than have the sender rename the file there must be a simpler way to override the security patch. Outlook Express let's you turn off this feature but OL 2000 has no such setting. (The feature is basically worthless anyway - any hacker would know you just rename the file, put your hacker code in it and send it. Access will open ANY file, regardless of what you name it!!) See if the information on the following page help...

Converting XLS file to QIF or to OFX
How do I safely and securely convert an excel file (xls) to a QIF or OFX file? "dreamchaser" wrote: > How do I safely and securely convert an excel file (xls) to a QIF or OFX file? In Excel, save the file to CSV and ustilise iCreateOFX Basic from: http://icreateofx.co.uk/Convert-CSV-to-OFX to convert the saved CSV file to OFX. ...

I am converting lotus123 files to excel2002. One problem is that in lotus, literals are ignored when found in a cell within a formula. Excel on the other hand is not doing this and therefore causing #value errors on all the formulas where this occurs. Is there a way to handle this in excel other than manually having to change all the formulas? ...

frustrations with Access 2006
is anyone else frustrated with the number of time, when editing a project..., Access 2006 crashes, leaving behind a corrupt, un-repairable file (or somtimes just a corrupt form, never-the-less: frustrating)? short of going back to an earlier version of the program, does any one have ANY suggestions? thanks in advance... mark "Mark Kubicki" <mark.kubicki@verizon.net> wrote in message news:u7Pv4lHDIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > is anyone else frustrated with the number of time, when editing a > project..., Access 2007 crashes, leaving behind a corrupt, un-re...

Access, average several fields in one row
I have several rows of data in a field, I need to average all the entries in one row I have 12 fields for 12 months of data, I need the average of the sum of all non blank entries. For example 3 months completed, the solution in Excel is (field1+field2+field3)/3 I am looking for method to average the sum in Access One way if you can't change your data is to use a VBA function. I've posted one below. You would call it in a calculated field in a query. Assuming your field names are the abbreviated month names the expression might look like the following. Field: fRow...

Date Range Formula Question
Hello, I'm having trouble with a formula and I'm hoping someone can help. :confused: Sample Data Includes the following: Pay Period Start Pay Period End Pay Period # 12/16/01 12/29/01 26 12/30/01 01/12/02 25 01/13/01 01/26/02 24 01/27/02 02/09/02 23 02/10/02 02/23/02 22 The pay periods continue until there are 26 pay periods for the entire year....

Access 2007 Reports
I'm using an Access 2000 mdb (split ends) in Access 2007. I cannot up- convert because other terminals don't have Office 2007. It works as a database just fine except: When I try to change a (front end) report from the default printer to another specific printer in design view, page setup, it all LOOKS good except it does not save my changes upon return and goes back to the default printer. I never had this problem with earlier versions of Access and the specific printer in questions works fine with other apps and terminals. Any ideas people? Many thanks. JM This is a known prob...

How do I get excel files to open automatically from directories?
When I try to open excel files from the directory or from desktop I only get a blank worksheet not the file. I have to then go through File Open to get the file I want. There must be a way to have them open automatically. On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 21:22:01 -0800, Damian <Damian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I try to open excel files from the directory or from desktop I only get >a blank worksheet not the file. I have to then go through File Open to get >the file I want. > >There must be a way to have them open automatically. Go to Tools -> Options -> Gen...

Is store procedure always fast than Access linked table via ODBC?
I was assigned to upgrade one program from Access(using ODBC to connect to SQL 2000) to ASP.NET(using store procedure in SQL 2000). Finally, I tested them and found that ASP.NET is slower than Access. The mojority job of program is select some data from SQL 2000 tables, modify and then insert into some tables. Is store procedure always fast than Access linked table via ODBC? -- Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com Stored procedures don’t add any overhead and they can save compile time. It's the code in the stored procedure and the underlying tables / indexes that ...

IE8 can't access Microsoft Office site when all other browsers can
When trying to access the Microsoft Office page using IE8 I keep getting the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message. If I use any other browser (Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome) I have no problem accessing the page. This happens whether running in normal or No Add-on's mode. Despite how many people keep complaining about all the problems with IE8, neither the MVP's or Microsoft acknowledge that they exist. Asus P5E Intel E8400 Core2Duo 3.0GHz 4 GB PC2-6400 DDR2 Windows 7 Ultimate (with all the latest updates installed) NIS 2010 (all up to date)...

Unable to open Access 95 mdb in Access 97
Hi I am trying to open an old Access 95 mdb in Access 97...I didn't create it but someone who knew the database way back when said that a system.mda file was created for that particular database because it had a lot of personal info in it. (I am not familiar with mda files...the database folder also had a system.ldb file there as well...I deleted that file...but am unsure why it wasn't closed out to begin with) I was able to open Access 97 and repair it...but when I go to open it in Access 97...I get an Automation Error...Cannot find VEENLR3.hlp file. Do you think it may ha...

Time Zone / Incorrect Dates Displayed to User
When a user in the Central Time zone closes an opportunity and someone in the Mountain Time zone views it, the Actual Close Date is 1 day before the date the person in the Central Time zone selected. For instance... If someone in the Central Time zone closes an opportunity and selects the Actual Close Date as 6/2/2007: -- Users in the Central Time zone see: 6/2/2007 -- But users in the Mountain Time zone see: 6/1/2007 This is a big issue when running monthly reports as it makes some opportunities show in the wrong month... and will put that revenue in the wrong month. It would make mo...

Backup error Access Denied
I have been recieving the following error message for a while and can't figure out how to fix it. It is only happening on one mailbox. "Backup - \\MBMAIL\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes Access denied to file Jhon Doe [jdoe]Top of Information StoreSync IssuesServer FailuresMail Delivery (failure jdoe@xyz.com)." Help Please Can you access the mailbox from a mail client? If so, you can use mdbvu to look at the Top of the Information store folder, and delete the message in there. If you cannot access the mailbox, then I have seen it where some users think they are ...

Odd problem with worksheets when opening file
Okay, here's the odd problem that's come up. When you double click on a excel file, excel opens up, but you can onl see the toolbars. The grid area looks like a snapshot of whatever you current background is before the file opened up. If you were showin your desktop, after the excel file opened, you'd still see your deskto in the datagrid area. If you start up a new excel file, then do the File>Open>file name, th file will open correctly. This problem happens across users here. Everyone is currently runnin office 2K. Any ideas on what causes the problem and any...

Outlook 2002 multiple file opening
In Outlook 2000, CTRL A would select all attached picture files, then Open would, in my case, open the files in Paintshop Pro. With the 2002 version I cannot find a way to do this. Any suggestions? ...

"File: send to mail recipient" not working
When users (on WinXP) select file, "send to mail recipient", no response from Outlook 2002. This occurs either when Outlook is open or closed. Problem happens when rt. clicking on .doc, .xls, .pdf's....all files. Any ideas?? Thanks!! ...

Remove last letter from column
Hi, I have a list of titles and some titles have a letter A or B at the end.. is there a function/formula I can use to remove them if it ends in A or B? For example (my list): Accounting Sr Mgr B Accounts Payable Sr Mgr B Ambulatory Plng Sr Prog Dir A Need it to look like this: Accounting Sr Mgr Accounts Payable Sr Mgr Ambulatory Plng Sr Prog Dir Thanks! This will get rid of the A or B at the end along with the space before it. Assuming the value is in A5: =IF(OR(RIGHT(A5,2)=" B",RIGHT(A5,2)=" A"),LEFT(A5,LEN(A5)-2),A5) kvc wrote: > Hi, I have a list of titles a...

odd files created
Every time I open and edit an excel spreadsheet on a network share, small odd files get created. They are usually no larger than 25-40k and don't have any extensions to them. Looking at the properties page for any file, the file description says File. Anyone know what this is from or how to get rid of them? Permissions are setup correctly for me, Word files don't have this behavior. Excel 2000 SP3 Thanks, Hi Brian, A file the same size as the workbook would be created in the same directory as the workbook. The filename would be nonsensical (or appear to be random) character...

adding date/time picker to inputbox control
Hi all,is there a way to add a date/time picker control to inputbox?...

Outlook Today
On the Outlook Today page the "Options" button does nothing. We're still runnning Win 98 SE2 with no immediate hopes of upgrading. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. david <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > On the Outlook Today page the "Options" button does > nothing. We're still runnning Win 98 SE2 with no immediate > hopes of upgrading. Any help would be appreciated. Thank > you. This question has been asked and answered 100,000 times (literally). SEARCH for the answer. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson ...

Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publishing won't load
I am trying to utilize the Collect Data via e-mail function and keep receiving the following error: "The Microsoft Office Access Outlook Add-in is disabled in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. To collect data by using e-mail messages in Microsoft Access 2007, verify that this add-in is installed and enabled from within Office Outlook 2007." I have tried to remediate via the Trust Center/Add-in area in Outlook and don't see an add-in for Access (even though the error message says it is "disabled" it is nowhere to be found). I have tried to add it (I believe it is...

Excel Template Wizard, Very Large File Size
Background: Excel 2000. I created a spreadsheet and used the template wizard that links to an Access 2000 database. The template was later used to create one record and saved as a spreadsheet. The database also contains this one record. Spreadsheet and database work fine. Later I reduced the Access field size properties (none are larger than 150, most are less than 50). There are 35 fields. Unexpected result: The Excel spreadsheet (template) and the linked Access database are huge. The spreadsheet is 35MB and the associated Access 2000 database is 24MB. Each contains one record (a si...

Date & Time file was last saved
Is there away to display in a cell the date & time the file was last saved? I know you can do this in word but is it possible in Excel 2002? Here is an UDF Function DocProps(prop As String) application.volatile On Error GoTo err_value DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties(prop) Exit Function err_value: DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue) End Function Now you can use the following formula in one of your cells: =DocProps("Last save time") Obviously, the file has to have been saved. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to ...