item not found in this collection

I am trying to modify the criteria parameters in a query "Query1" from a
command button in a form, using VBA code.  The following code triggers the
"item not found in this collection" message.  I don't know how to correct it.
 What am I doing wrong?

Private Sub Command79_Click()
Dim db As Database
Dim qdf As QueryDef

 Set db = CurrentDb
 Set qdf = db.QueryDefs("Query1")

 qdf.Parameters("TagIndex").Value = 1

End Sub

Which line gives the error?

If its the "Set qdf = ..." line, Query1 doesn't exist (space in name
perhaps?)

If its the Parameters line, JET can't find a parameter named TagIndex in
Query1.

(Presumably you are then planning to do something else within this Sub, as
qdf will go out of scope when the sub ends.)

"R Vaughn" <RVaughn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to modify the criteria parameters in a query "Query1" from a
> command button in a form, using VBA code.  The following code triggers the
> "item not found in this collection" message.  I don't know how to correct
> it.
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Private Sub Command79_Click()
> Dim db As Database
> Dim qdf As QueryDef
>
> Set db = CurrentDb
> Set qdf = db.QueryDefs("Query1")
>
> qdf.Parameters("TagIndex").Value = 1
>
> End Sub

0
Allen
12/10/2009 8:37:35 AM

Thank you.  It was the parameters line and I didn't realize that I was
actually referring to a field, not a parameter.  Your tip was very helpful.

Regarding your second comment...yes, there was an additional line that
opened the query "Query1".

My objective is to use visual basic to add a criterion to the query
language, to more easily change the criterion's value.  I am a novice in this
area and have looked at other related postings but am still struggling.
Would you mind providing some suggestions, especially for using a subroutine
that would append a value from a control (in a form) to the criteria list in
the SQL?

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> Which line gives the error?
>
> If its the "Set qdf = ..." line, Query1 doesn't exist (space in name
> perhaps?)
>
> If its the Parameters line, JET can't find a parameter named TagIndex in
> Query1.
>
> (Presumably you are then planning to do something else within this Sub, as
> qdf will go out of scope when the sub ends.)

> "R Vaughn" <RVaughn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am trying to modify the criteria parameters in a query "Query1" from a
> > command button in a form, using VBA code.  The following code triggers the
> > "item not found in this collection" message.  I don't know how to correct
> > it.
> > What am I doing wrong?
> >
> > Private Sub Command79_Click()
> > Dim db As Database
> > Dim qdf As QueryDef
> >
> > Set db = CurrentDb
> > Set qdf = db.QueryDefs("Query1")
> >
> > qdf.Parameters("TagIndex").Value = 1
> >
> > End Sub
>
> .

A generic routine to pull a SQL statement apart is messy (e.g. Access allows
fields called Where, or there could be nested WHERE clauses in subqueries.)

My preference is to build the SQL statement in code, and then assign it to
whatever.

This may help take a sample SQL statement from SQL View of a query into your
VBA code:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-71.html

> My objective is to use visual basic to add a criterion to the query
> language, to more easily change the criterion's value.  I am a novice in
> this
> area and have looked at other related postings but am still struggling.
> Would you mind providing some suggestions, especially for using a
> subroutine
> that would append a value from a control (in a form) to the criteria list
> in
> the SQL?

0
Allen
12/11/2009 9:53:11 AM
Thank you.

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> A generic routine to pull a SQL statement apart is messy (e.g. Access allows
> fields called Where, or there could be nested WHERE clauses in subqueries.)
>
> My preference is to build the SQL statement in code, and then assign it to
> whatever.
>
> This may help take a sample SQL statement from SQL View of a query into your
> VBA code:
>     http://allenbrowne.com/ser-71.html

> "R Vaughn" <RVaughn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My objective is to use visual basic to add a criterion to the query
> > language, to more easily change the criterion's value.  I am a novice in
> > this
> > area and have looked at other related postings but am still struggling.
> > Would you mind providing some suggestions, especially for using a
> > subroutine
> > that would append a value from a control (in a form) to the criteria list
> > in
> > the SQL?
>

> .

Would you mind providing additional advice?  I tried the following code and
triggered a 3065 (cannot run a Select query) message.  I also tried the
Docmd.runSQL "..." approach with no luck.

Set db = CurrentDb
 Set qdf = db.QueryDefs("Query1")
 strSQL = "SELECT FloatTable.DateAndTime," + _
  " FloatTable.TagIndex, TagTable.TagName, FloatTable.Val" + _
  " FROM FloatTable INNER JOIN TagTable ON FloatTable.TagIndex
=TagTable.TagIndex" + _
  " WHERE (((FloatTable.DateAndTime) > [Forms]![form1]![Text6]) And
(FloatTable.TagIndex) = 0) "+ _
  "ORDER BY FloatTable.TagIndex;"

CurrentDb.QueryDefs("Query1").Execute

End Sub

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> A generic routine to pull a SQL statement apart is messy (e.g. Access allows
> fields called Where, or there could be nested WHERE clauses in subqueries.)
>
> My preference is to build the SQL statement in code, and then assign it to
> whatever.
>
> This may help take a sample SQL statement from SQL View of a query into your
> VBA code:
>     http://allenbrowne.com/ser-71.html

> "R Vaughn" <RVaughn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My objective is to use visual basic to add a criterion to the query
> > language, to more easily change the criterion's value.  I am a novice in
> > this
> > area and have looked at other related postings but am still struggling.
> > Would you mind providing some suggestions, especially for using a
> > subroutine
> > that would append a value from a control (in a form) to the criteria list
> > in
> > the SQL?
>

> .

Are you wanting to:
a) view the results of the query, or
b) just programmatically examine the query records in your code.

For (a) create a dummy query for viewing, and assign its SQL property. For
example, say you create any old query and name it qry2C, then instead of the
Execute line use:
    CurrentDb.QueryDefs("qry2C").SQL = strSQL
    DoCmd.OpenQuery "qry2C"

If (b), use OpenRecordset, and you can loop through the records. Here's an
example:
    http://allenbrowne.com/func-DAO.html#DAORecordsetExample
Note that the Forms! bit will need modifying for OpenRecordset: concatenate
the value into the string:
    " WHERE (((FloatTable.DateAndTime) > " & _
    Format([Forms]![form1]![Text6], "\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#") & _
    ") And (FloatTable.TagIndex) = 0) "+ _

> Would you mind providing additional advice?  I tried the following code
> and
> triggered a 3065 (cannot run a Select query) message.  I also tried the
> Docmd.runSQL "..." approach with no luck.
>

> Set db = CurrentDb
> Set qdf = db.QueryDefs("Query1")
> strSQL = "SELECT FloatTable.DateAndTime," + _
>  " FloatTable.TagIndex, TagTable.TagName, FloatTable.Val" + _
>  " FROM FloatTable INNER JOIN TagTable ON FloatTable.TagIndex
> =TagTable.TagIndex" + _
>  " WHERE (((FloatTable.DateAndTime) > [Forms]![form1]![Text6]) And
> (FloatTable.TagIndex) = 0) "+ _
>  "ORDER BY FloatTable.TagIndex;"
>
> CurrentDb.QueryDefs("Query1").Execute
>
> End Sub
>

> "Allen Browne" wrote:
>
>> A generic routine to pull a SQL statement apart is messy (e.g. Access
>> allows
>> fields called Where, or there could be nested WHERE clauses in
>> subqueries.)
>>
>> My preference is to build the SQL statement in code, and then assign it
>> whatever.
>>
>> This may help take a sample SQL statement from SQL View of a query into
>> your
>> VBA code:
>>     http://allenbrowne.com/ser-71.html
>>
>> --
>> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
>> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
>> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>>

>> "R Vaughn" <RVaughn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My objective is to use visual basic to add a criterion to the query
>> > language, to more easily change the criterion's value.  I am a novice
>> > in
>> > this
>> > area and have looked at other related postings but am still struggling.
>> > Would you mind providing some suggestions, especially for using a
>> > subroutine
>> > that would append a value from a control (in a form) to the criteria
>> > list
>> > in
>> > the SQL?
>>

>> .

0
Allen
12/12/2009 3:09:24 AM
It was option "a" that I needed.  Thank you.  Again, very helpful.

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> Are you wanting to:
> a) view the results of the query, or
> b) just programmatically examine the query records in your code.
>
> For (a) create a dummy query for viewing, and assign its SQL property. For
> example, say you create any old query and name it qry2C, then instead of the
> Execute line use:
>     CurrentDb.QueryDefs("qry2C").SQL = strSQL
>     DoCmd.OpenQuery "qry2C"
>
> If (b), use OpenRecordset, and you can loop through the records. Here's an
> example:
>     http://allenbrowne.com/func-DAO.html#DAORecordsetExample
> Note that the Forms! bit will need modifying for OpenRecordset: concatenate
> the value into the string:
>     " WHERE (((FloatTable.DateAndTime) > " & _
>     Format([Forms]![form1]![Text6], "\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#") & _
>     ") And (FloatTable.TagIndex) = 0) "+ _

> "R Vaughn" <RVaughn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Would you mind providing additional advice?  I tried the following code
> > and
> > triggered a 3065 (cannot run a Select query) message.  I also tried the
> > Docmd.runSQL "..." approach with no luck.
> >

> > Set db = CurrentDb
> > Set qdf = db.QueryDefs("Query1")
> > strSQL = "SELECT FloatTable.DateAndTime," + _
> >  " FloatTable.TagIndex, TagTable.TagName, FloatTable.Val" + _
> >  " FROM FloatTable INNER JOIN TagTable ON FloatTable.TagIndex
> > =TagTable.TagIndex" + _
> >  " WHERE (((FloatTable.DateAndTime) > [Forms]![form1]![Text6]) And
> > (FloatTable.TagIndex) = 0) "+ _
> >  "ORDER BY FloatTable.TagIndex;"
> >
> > CurrentDb.QueryDefs("Query1").Execute
> >
> > End Sub
> >

> > "Allen Browne" wrote:
> >
> >> A generic routine to pull a SQL statement apart is messy (e.g. Access
> >> allows
> >> fields called Where, or there could be nested WHERE clauses in
> >> subqueries.)
> >>
> >> My preference is to build the SQL statement in code, and then assign it
> >> whatever.
> >>
> >> This may help take a sample SQL statement from SQL View of a query into
> >> your
> >> VBA code:
> >>     http://allenbrowne.com/ser-71.html
> >>
> >> --
> >> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> >> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> >> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
> >>

> >> "R Vaughn" <RVaughn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>

> >> .
> >>
> .

Copying sent items
Is there a way to copy all sent items from a group of users to the dept supervisor? I know that you can create a client side rule to do this, but I am looking for other options since the users could actually turn this rule off. Running Exchange 5.5 and using Outlook 2000. Thanks for any help Better to journal if your goal is to save all the emails. On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 07:11:05 -0700, "cglady2000" <cglady2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to copy all sent items from a group of users to the dept >supervisor? I know that you can create a clien...

HELP: Deleted Items Limit Set to 0 days does not work!
Hi Gurus, I've set the Deleted Items Limit to 0 days from the Deletion Setting at the Mail store level but when i delete an item from one of the mailbox it does not removed from the server immediately. Has anyone come accross this issue? Please advice. Thanks in advance On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 20:20:23 +0800, "hanafiah" <hanafiahh@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi Gurus, > >I've set the Deleted Items Limit to 0 days from the Deletion Setting at the >Mail store level but when i delete an item from one of the mailbox it does >not removed from the server immediat...

Add non-inventory item in MO Reciept entry (Unit Cost)
Dear All, I am using the (Add Component) button on the MO Reciept entry screen to add some non-inventory items, I notice that the decimal places for the unit cost is (2) although my Functional currency is (3). Kindly advice for the reason behind this, or if there is any setup required for that. Thanks Dear, Go to Tools --> Setup --> Purchasing --> Purchase Order Processing Find Decimal Places for Non-inventoried Items, click on the Expantion Button near to the Currency Field and set the decimal places for you curreny. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS S...

KITTING WITH SERIALISED ITEMS
CAN KITTING BE DONE FOR SERIALISED ITEMS? IF NOT THE BEST SOLUTION ...

Forwarding a news item
Using Outlook 2002 on WinXP. I use it for both mail and news. This morning I tried to forward an item from the newsreader (it says "Microsoft Outlook Newsreader" at the top of the screen), and was told there was a problem with my communications setup. How can I diagnose this? And can I forward an item from the newsreader to parties in my mail address book? Thanks. -- ----------------------------------------------------- Jeffrey Needle jeff.needle@gmail.com ...

Collecting data on web in Excel
I have a requirement where information is periodically requested from head office in each country in the organisation. Currently, Excel files are sent to each country & they enter the requested info & return it where we then have to consolidate the data (a pain). To streamline this I want to publish an Excel sheet on an intranet page and then get each country to enter their data. I don't want users from one country to see data from another. I then want to retrieve that sheet and have the data from each country on a separate sheet (tab). Is this easy to do, or not poss...

Catalog pictures in item list
Does anyone know of a way to display the pictures attached to the items when scrolling through the item list? I know you can click the picture button to pop up the picture, but is there a way to just have the pictures always there? I don't think there's any way out of the box. Someone may be able to write you an add-on to do that, but you would have to have a super fast processor and lots of RAM or it would probably feel like you were wading through quicksand. The overhead needed to accomplish it probably wouldn't be worth the benefit. Craig "Matt Bo" <MattBo@...

How To Show Drag Image while Dragging Item?
I use MFC 4.2. There are 2 CListCtrls in my app. I am implementing a drag and drop function from one list to another. How to show the drag image when I still choose which item that will accept the drop? Thank you. You can use a CImageList and store a drag image. Look at functions like CImageList ::BeginDrag, CImageList::BeginDrag | CImageList::EndDrag | CImageList::DragMove | CImageList::DragLeave. -Seetharam This article may be interesting to you. It's a little older, but it is still useful information: http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/controls/listview/dragdrop...

Help creating items
I need to create these items: Luggage Set : They come 1 small- 1 medium- 1 large on every set. I need to order set and sell either sets or pieces. I tried setting the set as a parent and the pieces as childs but I am having problem with the inventory. When I order a set the qty for small-medium-large should increase 1 for each one, when I sell a set, qty for small-medium-large should decrease 1 for each one If I sell a medium luggage the qty for that piece should decrease, not the qty for the set. I do not need to reorder by piece, only by sets. Can somebody help me on this matter?? Fab...

Menu items disappear
I'm running a Microsoft Office X for Mac and yesterday I noticed that the "Undo" option in the Edit menu had disappeared. Poof! Gone. Later, I also noticed that the "Symbols" option in the Insert menu was also gone. What's happened and what can I do about it? The first consideration is that Office (10.1.9) & whatever version of OS X be fully updated & that disk permissions have been repaired using the OS X Disk Utility app or comparable utility. I don't remember that version of Office too well, but you need to go into the dialog window f...

Item Modifier error/MPA01000
We are running Item Modifier but we are getting Primary Key errors on MPA01000. Currently our Item Numbers are UPC Numbers but we are switching over to Friendly Short Names- this is causing problems in the MPA01000 table since some items are in there with the Friendly Short Names already (not sure how that happened, plus it even has some non-inventory items). The question is: does anyone know where this MPA01000 table links up to a window (in GP8 or Dynamics9) or how this table gets populated? We need to clean out this info but we don't want to delete directly out of the table ...

help with data collection!
Hello all! Here is a c/p of partial of my post from the other forum. Any and all help is greatly appriceated guys! Thanks! So I have this list that has product numbers in column A, product prices in column B, and order number for the products in column C ... most products have more than once instance.. for example col a col b col c producta 10.99 345353 producta 11.99 3445453 producta 10.99 657567 producta 8.99 345353 producta 10.99 5464646 so what I'm trying to do now is , when i type in the product number(products are alphanumeric w/ no spaces - the a...

"Private" as Default Calendar Item Setting possible?
I want to force my Outlook2000 to mark every new calendar entry as "private". Until yet I did not find any solution - anybody who can help me? Thank you! You will need to do this manually - there is no option to mark everything private by default in Outlook 2000. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Gerd asked: | I want to force my Outlook2000 to mark every new calendar...

Custom reports, where are the .rdl's found?
I've created a dozen or so custom SRS reports and imported them via the Reportserver. Now, I'll be moving to a new report server and am unable to "extract" my .rdl files (yes, I know, stupid that I didn't keep the originals). Are these held somewhere in the report server or on the web server? I was able to find where the vanilla ones are saved to my custom ones aren't there. I don't want to rewrite them unless absolutely necessary. More Actions did not work either. Thx. Not sure why the 'More Actions/Download report' doesn't work, but the ne...

Non Inventory Item account not appear automatically !?
Hello In Posting account setting, I had entered a NON- Inventory Account , but the problem is: when inserting a non-Inventory Item in Sales transaction Entry window the account not appear automatically ! Any suggest please. By definition that is a cost account and it is not used for non IV items in SOP "Monzer Osama" wrote: > Hello > > In Posting account setting, I had entered a NON- Inventory Account , > but the problem is: > when inserting a non-Inventory Item in Sales transaction Entry window > the account not appear automatically ! > Any suggest please....

Items stuck in outbox
I tried to email a 6MB file. The item is currently in my outbox. It won't send and I can't delete it. When i try to delete, I get the Microsoft Outlook message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart Outlook." I have restarted Outlook and rebotted my machine with no luck. Any ideas? I don't know if this will help or not. I can log into my email on the internet instead of using Outlook. It is a method I use when I am at another PC. When I do that, it shows me my folders and allows me to delete files. I did t...

Add a column to Items table
Hi, I am using ver 1.2 and we have added bin locations (under the Special tab) to our inventory to help us locate items. Can I get the bin location to show up in a column on the Items table (Database > Items)? Thanks, George George, Not out of the box. You would need a customization to accomplish this. If you are interested in one let us know. Give us a call at 1-888-267-RITE or drop us an email at sales@rite.us. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-179...

selected item in listbox turn red instead of black
How can I make the back color of the selected item in a listbox turn red instead of black when clicked? Thanks -- deb Is there a shorter version. That is a bit of overkill for what I need. I just want the selected item to turn red instead of black. Not each row a different color. Any other suggestions -- deb "Wayne-I-M" wrote: > Hi Deb > > Check the link > > http://www.lebans.com/listboxenhanced.htm > > Good luck > > -- > Wayne > Manchester, England. > > > > "deb" wrote: > > > > > How can ...

How to prevent item changing in a list control with cached data?
Hello, Im using a virtual list control with cached data items (CListCtrl and style 'LVS_OWNERDATA' set). The selected item's data (row) might be modified by user interaction, so that any following item (row) changing should be avoided, until data has been written to the data storage. How can I achieve this, since LVN_ITEMCHANGED seems to be too late to reject item (row) changing? Thanks Edgar LVN_ITEMCHANGING is sent before change. Return TRUE to prevent changes or FALSE to allow. Normand "Edgar Geisler" <e.ge@nospam.gmx.net> a �crit dans le message de news: ...

error calendar folder can't be found
i have an issue that when i invite her/him for meeting request and she/he tried to accept the meeting she/him will get "calendar folder can't not be found", client version is outlook 2000 and outlook 2003.. i think it is freebusy issue but what do i need to do to solve it ? all users all in same sites and in some cases, is on same server. ...

assign lots to an existing item with history
Does anyone have documentation on how to do this? We have the need to use lots on an item we have been selling for years, but when I go to the options screen on the item card, the lots option is grayed out. TIA You need to make sure there is no stock in inventory or any on order and then the lot election box will magically reappear. "eggman" <eatlotsof@spam.com> wrote in message news:eRpcMnbdEHA.3392@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Does anyone have documentation on how to do this? We have the need to use > lots on an item we have been selling for years, but when I go to...

help with looping through XML items.
Larry, i've got an xml file which has multiple cities as the top level item. When i read it in using XMLReader, and define the variables, as below, it finds the correct number of cities in the xml file, but repeats the first one 3 times. I'm sure its something minor but i just cant seem to figure it out. here is the XML, and source code below: --------------------XML--------------------- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <weatherFeed> <city> <currentConditions> country>Austria</country> <city>Vienna<...

1000 Gadget Collection for Windows 7 Vista XP.exe (7/7)
=ybegin part=7 line=128 size=1593923 name=1000 Gadget Collection for Windows 7 Vista XP.exe =ypart begin=1497601 end=1593923 �C[=@a=}�/��`�5Ҵ�b��,�'���r�?������/��3NV���q���w�3x��`A���7,$D2=J_SOfu�4p�"��Z&N�褜#-n���̷�@��r�/��5�QҬу��� I͠)?{7@�%��[�ym�z��^�~�:���ڑYdkŝ��� Dx���@3��8�p+�"y��$E�ޓeْ2�b<=}STTY]�=@T9W�6����P�%��C��^o�x+1��c�5[O|N�I�KD xb��1Œ�bz$Ӭk�#⺶H���C:��h��,E�?�\?���~��0볈�j�+���T���ay�$���Y%��-��5���<=}�i+�?O�7�#�m�%V�d��9Bc>Qv_;=}�V��w� ��&�S�F6����3���/;^�n�x��=J���>�$��H���WK�\�-�v�+:dyw�=J��A���n��...

Receiving items we dont own
I'm in dire need for help on this topic so I hope there's a solution out there for me. My company is a technology services provider using Avaya and Cisco devices. In most cases we buy for the customer thourgh Great Plains and then can receive it in through Great Plains in our warehouse. This works well for standard orders but now our business is bundling a solution including the hardware with no up-front cost requiring our business to lease the equipment. Well when we lease the equipment it is not officially or from an accounting perspective "ours" and can not be enter...

Message number not found
Upon startup of FRx on a new system, we're getting a startup message of "Message number not found, please contact technical support. Message Number - 813." FRx then exits. This is an older version, v. 5, on a W2k system, but FRx has always worked before on these systems. Any ideas? ...