Input Mask 03-23-10

Hello.
I'd like to limit a text box to only allow the user to input 9 digits. I've
tryed with an Input Mask (000000000), but when the textbox gets the focus an
underliying line appears and the cursor stays in the end of the line.

How can i force the cursor to go to the begining of the line so that the
users can immediatelly start input data?

Thanks,

Luis.

Hi Luis,

to avoid the underscore line you can specify in your input mask to use
spaces as placeholders in this way

input mask=000000000;;" "

In my knowledge if you enter the field by tabbing you'll have the cursor at
the right position to immediatly write but if you click in the field with the
mouse the cursor will be in the click position and you'll have to press the
home key to go to the beginning of the field.

HTH Paolo

"Luis" wrote:

> Hello.
> I'd like to limit a text box to only allow the user to input 9 digits. I've
> tryed with an Input Mask (000000000), but when the textbox gets the focus an
> underliying line appears and the cursor stays in the end of the line.
>
> How can i force the cursor to go to the begining of the line so that the
> users can immediatelly start input data?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Luis.
Here's what I do to put the cursor at the beginning. Create a form module-
level variable, we'll call it fieldFirstClick, make it boolean. In the
textbox's GotFocus event put    fieldFirstClick = True.   In the textbox's
OnClick event, put

   If fieldFirstClick Then
      fieldName.SelStart = 1
      fieldFirstClick = False
   End If

Where 'fieldName' is the name of the textbox. You can also put code in the
GotFocus event to see if the textbox already has a value, and if it does you
can set fieldFirstClick = False, since you may not want to position at the
beginning if it already has a value.

--
Jim Burke

JimBurke

SOAP Server Application Faulted 08-10-04

laptop power problem 05-16-10
I recently put on my laptop and when it booted up ok the screen was dull as if the battery was low but the icon said it was charging. It remained at 2% and never rose up to full charge. When I take it off mains power the screen brightens up like it was fully charged but i get a message saing i should switch to mains outlet as the power was low. Any body any ideas what is going wrong. I tried another power adaptor but still the same result. On 5/16/2010 11:18 AM, dessie wrote: > I recently put on my laptop and when it booted up ok the screen was dull as > if the battery was...

Problem with keyboard input being locked in a form
I have a *very* weird problem (Access 97) that first developed sporadically a couple of days ago while working, and that now happens all the time. The symptom is this: When I try to edit the controls on the form, keyboard input is ignored. It's not the keyboard, because in the Immediate Window I can still type. It's not a record lock, because I can open the table and edit the record without problems. The controls are not locked if I check the .Locked property in the Immediate window. The underlying recordsource is not uneditable because I can change values in the underlying ...

Report 03-30-07
I am having troubles when I run a Report I have it set to ask who to Bill To. Instead of typing the whole address is there a way I can just type the name of the company and in the report it will put the Name and address of the company? Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200703/1 Sure. In your query (upon which the report is based) just put criteria under the company name field. In that criteria put something like.. Like "*" & [Enter Partial Company Name] & "*" This will cause only the ...

contact list 05-06-10
I just added my hotmail ID to my WLM and lost my original contact list. GAWD. How do I get it back??? Whew !! Found it by going to tools/options/connections/ .... stop signing in Now how do I upload my contact list to Windows Live so that I can take advantage of syncronizing lists? And re add my hotmail ID to WLM. "Stephen" wrote: > I just added my hotmail ID to my WLM and lost my original contact list. GAWD. > How do I get it back??? Export your contact list to a CSV file in WLM. - Contacts/File/Export Using Internet Explorer logon to Windows Live(usin...

Code to Query SQL Server with a parameter value (entered into an Input Box), and have that value also display in a selected cell on a worksheet
I'm wondering how BEST to accomplish this. I have a EXCEL workbook which populates data to, and retrieves data from SQL Server. I currently have VBA code which effectively sends the data from the EXCEL worksheet to SQL Server tables -- no problem with this. I currently have VBA code which effectively retrieves data from SQL Server and displays that data back into the worksheet -- no problem with this either. I'm currently using a Command Button (on-click event) and the code below to query SQL Server to determine the Max Version Number and add 1 to that value. This value is t...

Dividing All My Spreadsheet Entries By 10
Whenever I enter a figure into a cell in a spreadsheet it automatically divides the number I enterd by 10. How do I stop this please. I have tried re-installing and tried "Detect and Repair" - any idesa please. Hi David! Try: Tools > Options > Edit Remove check from "Fixed decimal places" -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. David, Type 10 in a free cell, go Edit > Copy or Ctl+C, then select the area you want to ...

excel 03-28-10
when i type entry, nothing appears in box on spreadsheet.. also the tool bar is gray & most wont work Forgive me but have you hit the enter key? -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "randall" wrote: > when i type entry, nothing appears in box on spreadsheet.. also the tool bar > is gray & most wont work ...

if function 01-19-10
in A1,A2 and A3 i have the salesperson name, in B1,B2 and B3 i have the sales person employee number. in A7 i have to input the sales person number and i would like their name to atuomatically show up on B7, i was thinking that if a used the If function i could achieve this please help asap thanks On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 14:50:02 -0800, Pinnacle Accounting <Pinnacle Accounting@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >in A1,A2 and A3 i have the salesperson name, in B1,B2 and B3 i have the sales >person employee number. > >in A7 i have to input the sales person...

Security Log 20 meg after 10 days
The security log on the exchage server 2003 with windows 2003 sp1 seems to fill upvery fast. Is this normal? we seem to have several failure and success entries whenever certain internal,primarily win98 clients, log in for email regards CR On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:30:12 -0500, "NewsGr" <Ciava@nospam.net> wrote: >The security log on the exchage server 2003 with windows 2003 sp1 seems to >fill upvery fast. Is this normal? >we seem to have several failure and success entries whenever certain >internal,primarily win98 clients, log in for email > >reg...

SetGet control input
What is the best way to get and set the contents of an EditControl (in a FormView) , other than using DDX. Could I use the below, and how would I get the handle of the FormView? UINT GetDlgItemText( HWND hDlg, // handle of dialog box int nIDDlgItem, // identifier of control LPTSTR lpString, // address of buffer for text int nMaxCount // maximum size of string ); "RB" <NoMail@NoSpam> wrote in message news:eVE5mcs7KHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > What is the best way to get and set the contents of an EditCon...

Change of operating system in GP 10.0
Hi, I have a deployment of Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 in Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition. Is there any consideration that I should consider in order to upgrade to Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition? Thanks in advance. -- Ariel Andrés Quesada MSc Systems Engineering, MCBMSP CRM 4.0 MCTS: TFS, MOSS 2007,Forefront, Project 2007, ..NET 2.0: Web/Win Apps, SQL Svr 2005 MCSD, MCSE, MCT None! Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com &quo...

Mailbox Management #10
I have a recipient policy that runs every evening on my E2.3 SP2 server with 825 users. It deletes all mail over 30 days from the Deleted Items and Sent Items folder. It is scheduled to run 4 hours. In my previous job I had the same type of policy. What I have noticed is that either the policy does not dlete the mail as specified or it does not run through every mailbox. My current policy only runs against 189 mailboxes - it was 190 two days ago and about a week or so ago it ran through all of them. Does anyone have any idea why 1) the mailbox management policy nevers works corr...

User input a filename
I'm trying to a create a very simple MFC dialog box in Visual C++ 6.0. I want to the user to input a file name, but I cannot figure out how to go about doing that. I don't want them to write out the entire path in a Edit Box, rather some sort of explorer that lets them navigate to the file they want. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Shamit You can use the CFileDialog common control. CFileDialog Dlg(true,...); if (Dlg.DoModal() == IDOK) { //they selected a file. } AliR. <shamit1982@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1181232185.395394.14630@q69g2000hsb.go...

If Statements 12-03-09
=IF(Info!B14<>"",Info!B14,IF(Info!B15<>"",Info!B15,IF(Info!B16<>"",Info!B16,"")))I'm trying to create an if statement, that if a certain cell is blank, it will automatically pull from the next cell down, and so on. The only problem is that I can't figure out, how to prevent it from pulling from the same cell twice. Below is a sample of the formula I'm using. =IF(Info!B14<>"",Info!B14,IF(Info!B15<>"",Info!B15,IF(Info!B16<>"",Info!B16,""))) -- Scott ...

97 to 03 conversion nightmare
Oh, please help, before I go completely mad . . . I'm using VB6 and Replication Objects 2.6 to convert an Access 97 database to Access 2003. I'm using the jro.CompactDatabase(...ms.jet.4.0...) method to perform the conversion. When opening the converted db in Access03, I get "...object is read-only" messages and Access fails to open it. If I use the tools/Utils/Convert to 2003 (with no open databases), Access just quits trying and no new database is created and no error message published -- even in the XP event logs. If I try to open the VB-converted database, and select ...

Opening Attachments 02-02-10
Using Windows 7 and Outlook 2003 on a brand-new computer. Each time I want to open an attachment, it has a box asking if I want to be asked (obviously so a harmful document is not opened). The box "do not ask me this question again" already has a checkmark in it, but it is lightened in color and nothing that I can choose. How do I ensure that I can open documents without being asked this question each and every time I try to open an attachment? Thanks for any help you can give me. Check your other post for answers -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the...

Sales Process 03-29-06
Can we just have our Sales folks advance the stage in the sales process and have that action complete the activities that are in that stage? The Sales Director thinks that having his folks go in through each activity to advance a sales stage is cumbersome and would like to allow Sales to advance sales stages automatically closing the activities that are associated with that sales stage. I wont say I am a full bottle on this one, but my memory says that there is a change stage or something along those lines in the actions menu. Try using that and see if that helps. In any case, cant they...

Quick create 08-05-03
When you create a new activity from a user's home page, you have the option to choose the recipient of this activity. When you select the magnifying glass to choose the recipient, the subsequent screen has a button to create a "New" entity. However, when you select this the "Quick Create" screen which comes up does not have any fields to fill out to create the entity. Is anyone else seeing this? Is this functionality not available yet? Thanks! It does work fine for me (I see all of my Business Required and Business Recommended adding a new recipient defined as...

Upgrade 9 to 10 only work if update instance, not if new instance
I'm testing a GP 9 to 10 upgraded on a test server. Everything installs; however, GP Utilities will bomb out if I created a new instance when installing 10. There is no error message, it just fails. If I do an update to the 9 instance, it works fine. Why should this make any difference? It's the only thing I'm changing in the two installs. Thanks Not sure I understand. What do you mean by "instance"? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster...

Need help with this query 07-02-10
I need to pull data from the table below for anyone who has donated $1000 or more in at least 3 years between 2005 and 2010 with a lapse year in between. In other words they skipped a year somewhere. Here is the table layout CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Donations]( [ID] [varchar](10) NOT NULL, [FiscalYear] [int] NOT NULL, [Amount] [money] NULL, CONSTRAINT [PK_Donations] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ( [ID] ASC, [FiscalYear] ASC )WITH (PAD_INDEX = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS = ON, FILLFACTOR = 90) ON [PRIMARY] ...

How to calculate % in summary sheet from cell A9 in multiple sheet 01-22-10
Hi, I have data on patients in excel file, with each patient's data placed on a separate sheet. For instance: PatientA has data on worksheet "PatientA" (Sheet2) where cell A9 is hemoglobin data ... PatientZ has data on worksheet "PatientZ" (Sheet50) where cell A9 is hemoglobin data. I have a summary worksheet called "Summary" (Sheet1). I need cell A9 in the "Summary" (Sheet1) sheet to give me the percentage of patients whose Hemoglobin value is between 10 and 12 (that is percentage of A9 values in Sheet1 to Sheet50 with value between ...

Input dates into excell with out typing the blackslash eg 030505
I want to input dates without typing backslash eg 030505 to represent 03/05/2005? can that be done? if so how? any info would be appreciated... Only through VBA http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:986692F0-8636-4A2C-B300-9ACE76E0B596@microsoft.com... > I want to input dates without typing backslash eg 030505 to represent > 03/05/2005? can that be done? if so how? any info would be appreciated... If you want to use a helper column, you can enter your text &quo...

Multiple email addresses 03-14-06
Is there a way to store multiple email addresses for a contact and have one as the primary? "brdowns" wrote: > Is there a way to store multiple email addresses for a contact and have one > as the primary? Did you ever find any way of doing this? "nick" wrote: > > > "brdowns" wrote: > > > Is there a way to store multiple email addresses for a contact and have one > > as the primary? > > Did you ever find any way of doing this? Just found out that by customising the contact entity you can have up to 3 email addre...

Multiple OWners of an Account 12-09-03
Has anyone figured out a way to have multiple owners on an account? Thanks Yes, a team can own an account. It is the only way, and will likely not ever change. Mike McGuinness Lead Developer GaleForce Solutions "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:085501c3be62$3ad18d30$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Has anyone figured out a way to have multiple owners on > an account? > > Thanks ...