I need a message if number of duplicate records exceeds number allowed - 97023

Thanks in advance for any help.  I'm trying to create If DCount code on my
form that will count the number of duplicate records and then notify me when
the number of duplicate records exceeds the number allowed. The number of
duplicates allowed is established in tblFloorProgCriteria in the field
FloorProgMaxObservations. Here's what I have so far...It's giving me the
message as soon as I attempt to add the first record.

        If DCount("*", "tblFloorProgAudit", "[AuditID] = " & Me.[AuditID] & "
And [FloorProgCriteriaID] = " & _
        Me.[FloorProgCriteriaID] & " And [AuditorID] = '" & Me.[AuditorID] &
"'") > " & _
        Me.[FloorProgMaxObservations] & " Then
           MsgBox "You're attempting to exeed the maximum number of
observation allowed for this criteria set. Click OK and then delete this
observation."
        Cancel = True
    End If

0
T5925MS

Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer)
   Dim strSQL as String
   Dim RS as Recordset
   Dim DB as Database
   Dim MaxCount as Integer

   MaxCount = 5

   strSQL = "SELECT Count(PlanTypeID) AS CountOfPlanTypes " _
                 "FROM FloorPlans " _
                 "GROUP BY PlanTypeID " _
                 "WHERE PlanTypeID= " & FormValue & ") " _
                 "HAVING ((Count(PlanTypeID))>1));

   Set DB = CurrentDB
   Set RS = DB.Openrecordset(strSQL, dbOpenSnapshot)

   if(Not RS.EOF) then
       If(RS.Fields(0)+1 > MaxCount) then
           Cancel = True
           MsgToUser
      End If
   End If

'Cleanup and exit
End Sub

"T5925MS" wrote:

> Thanks in advance for any help.  I'm trying to create If DCount code on my
> form that will count the number of duplicate records and then notify me when
> the number of duplicate records exceeds the number allowed. The number of
> duplicates allowed is established in tblFloorProgCriteria in the field
> FloorProgMaxObservations. Here's what I have so far...It's giving me the
> message as soon as I attempt to add the first record.
>
>         If DCount("*", "tblFloorProgAudit", "[AuditID] = " & Me.[AuditID] & "
> And [FloorProgCriteriaID] = " & _
>         Me.[FloorProgCriteriaID] & " And [AuditorID] = '" & Me.[AuditorID] &
> "'") > " & _
>         Me.[FloorProgMaxObservations] & " Then
>            MsgBox "You're attempting to exeed the maximum number of
> observation allowed for this criteria set. Click OK and then delete this
> observation."
>         Cancel = True
>     End If
>
> .

Correction:  Removed "Group By" clause from SQL statement, it isn't used

"DevlinM" wrote:

> Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer)
>    Dim strSQL as String
>    Dim RS as Recordset
>    Dim DB as Database
>    Dim MaxCount as Integer
>
>    MaxCount = 5
>
>    strSQL = "SELECT Count(PlanTypeID) AS CountOfPlanTypes " _
>                  "FROM FloorPlans " _
>                  "GROUP BY PlanTypeID " _
>                  "WHERE PlanTypeID= " & FormValue & ") " _
>                  "HAVING ((Count(PlanTypeID))>1));
>
>    Set DB = CurrentDB
>    Set RS = DB.Openrecordset(strSQL, dbOpenSnapshot)
>
>    if(Not RS.EOF) then
>        If(RS.Fields(0)+1 > MaxCount) then
>            Cancel = True
>            MsgToUser
>       End If
>    End If
>
> 'Cleanup and exit
> End Sub
>

> "T5925MS" wrote:
>
> > Thanks in advance for any help.  I'm trying to create If DCount code on my
> > form that will count the number of duplicate records and then notify me when
> > the number of duplicate records exceeds the number allowed. The number of
> > duplicates allowed is established in tblFloorProgCriteria in the field
> > FloorProgMaxObservations. Here's what I have so far...It's giving me the
> > message as soon as I attempt to add the first record.
> >
> >         If DCount("*", "tblFloorProgAudit", "[AuditID] = " & Me.[AuditID] & "
> > And [FloorProgCriteriaID] = " & _
> >         Me.[FloorProgCriteriaID] & " And [AuditorID] = '" & Me.[AuditorID] &
> > "'") > " & _
> >         Me.[FloorProgMaxObservations] & " Then
> >            MsgBox "You're attempting to exeed the maximum number of
> > observation allowed for this criteria set. Click OK and then delete this
> > observation."
> >         Cancel = True
> >     End If
> >
> > .

What is "FormValue" in your code? A function? How does it get its value?
Is PlanTypeID a numeric field? or a text field?
--

        Ken Snell
http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/

"DevlinM" <DevlinM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Correction:  Removed "Group By" clause from SQL statement, it isn't used
>
> Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer)
>   Dim strSQL as String
>   Dim RS as Recordset
>   Dim DB as Database
>   Dim MaxCount as Integer
>
>   MaxCount = 5
>
>   strSQL = "SELECT Count(PlanTypeID) AS CountOfPlanTypes " _
>                 "FROM FloorPlans " _
>                 "WHERE PlanTypeID= " & FormValue & ") " _
>                 "HAVING ((Count(PlanTypeID))>1));
>
>   Set DB = CurrentDB
>   Set RS = DB.Openrecordset(strSQL, dbOpenSnapshot)
>
>   if(Not RS.EOF) then
>       If(RS.Fields(0)+1 > MaxCount) then
>           Cancel = True
>           MsgToUser
>      End If
>   End If
>
> 'Cleanup and exit
> End Sub
>

> "DevlinM" wrote:
>
>> Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer)
>>    Dim strSQL as String
>>    Dim RS as Recordset
>>    Dim DB as Database
>>    Dim MaxCount as Integer
>>
>>    MaxCount = 5
>>
>>    strSQL = "SELECT Count(PlanTypeID) AS CountOfPlanTypes " _
>>                  "FROM FloorPlans " _
>>                  "GROUP BY PlanTypeID " _
>>                  "WHERE PlanTypeID= " & FormValue & ") " _
>>                  "HAVING ((Count(PlanTypeID))>1));
>>
>>    Set DB = CurrentDB
>>    Set RS = DB.Openrecordset(strSQL, dbOpenSnapshot)
>>
>>    if(Not RS.EOF) then
>>        If(RS.Fields(0)+1 > MaxCount) then
>>            Cancel = True
>>            MsgToUser
>>       End If
>>    End If
>>
>> 'Cleanup and exit
>> End Sub
>>

>> "T5925MS" wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks in advance for any help.  I'm trying to create If DCount code on
>> > my
>> > form that will count the number of duplicate records and then notify me
>> > when
>> > the number of duplicate records exceeds the number allowed. The number
>> > of
>> > duplicates allowed is established in tblFloorProgCriteria in the field
>> > FloorProgMaxObservations. Here's what I have so far...It's giving me
>> > the
>> > message as soon as I attempt to add the first record.
>> >
>> >         If DCount("*", "tblFloorProgAudit", "[AuditID] = " &
>> > Me.[AuditID] & "
>> > And [FloorProgCriteriaID] = " & _
>> >         Me.[FloorProgCriteriaID] & " And [AuditorID] = '" &
>> > Me.[AuditorID] &
>> > "'") > " & _
>> >         Me.[FloorProgMaxObservations] & " Then
>> >            MsgBox "You're attempting to exeed the maximum number of
>> > observation allowed for this criteria set. Click OK and then delete
>> > this
>> > observation."
>> >         Cancel = True
>> >     End If
>> >
>> > .

0
Ken
2/20/2010 11:40:09 PM
Sorry, I'm not sure what DevlinM was responding to because the question I
posted didn't include any of those fields.

Ken Snell wrote:
>What is "FormValue" in your code? A function? How does it get its value?
>Is PlanTypeID a numeric field? or a text field?
>> Correction:  Removed "Group By" clause from SQL statement, it isn't used
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 77 lines]

T5925MS
2/21/2010 1:31:51 AM
I can't even describe to you how much I appreciate your assistance on this
issue I'm having trouble with DevlinM. Is your response an example that was
used in another application that uses these table/fields names? The reason I
ask is because I'm confused about where the table/field names came from that
you used in your response. If these table/field names are examples that I can
replace with my table/field names, how does your example look up the number
of duplicate records that exceed the number allowed?

DevlinM wrote:
>Correction:  Removed "Group By" clause from SQL statement, it isn't used
>
>Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer)
>   Dim strSQL as String
>   Dim RS as Recordset
>   Dim DB as Database
>   Dim MaxCount as Integer
>
>   MaxCount = 5
>
>   strSQL = "SELECT Count(PlanTypeID) AS CountOfPlanTypes " _
>                 "FROM FloorPlans " _
>                 "WHERE PlanTypeID= " & FormValue & ") " _
>                 "HAVING ((Count(PlanTypeID))>1));
>
>   Set DB = CurrentDB
>   Set RS = DB.Openrecordset(strSQL, dbOpenSnapshot)
>
>   if(Not RS.EOF) then
>       If(RS.Fields(0)+1 > MaxCount) then
>           Cancel = True
>           MsgToUser
>      End If
>   End If
>
>'Cleanup and exit
>End Sub
>
>> Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer)
>>    Dim strSQL as String
>[quoted text clipped - 42 lines]
>> >
>> > .

T5925MS
2/21/2010 1:40:22 AM
This is quite simple to understand.  First, I don't know or care about all
the table fields you are using, nor do I know what form fields you are using.
 Without taking the time to determine the details of your table attributes or
your form(s), I have given you a generic code structure.

The query structure is sound, just replace column values with your own.  Add
any others if necessary.  The variable "FormValue" would be whatever input
field on your form that is utilized for comparison.

Thanks,

Devlin

Please feel free to let me know if you still have questions.

"T5925MS via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> I can't even describe to you how much I appreciate your assistance on this
> issue I'm having trouble with DevlinM. Is your response an example that was
> used in another application that uses these table/fields names? The reason I
> ask is because I'm confused about where the table/field names came from that
> you used in your response. If these table/field names are examples that I can
> replace with my table/field names, how does your example look up the number
> of duplicate records that exceed the number allowed?
>
> DevlinM wrote:
> >Correction:  Removed "Group By" clause from SQL statement, it isn't used
> >
> >Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer)
> >   Dim strSQL as String
> >   Dim RS as Recordset
> >   Dim DB as Database
> >   Dim MaxCount as Integer
> >
> >   MaxCount = 5
> >
> >   strSQL = "SELECT Count(PlanTypeID) AS CountOfPlanTypes " _
> >                 "FROM FloorPlans " _
> >                 "WHERE PlanTypeID= " & FormValue & ") " _
> >                 "HAVING ((Count(PlanTypeID))>1));
> >
> >   Set DB = CurrentDB
> >   Set RS = DB.Openrecordset(strSQL, dbOpenSnapshot)
> >
> >   if(Not RS.EOF) then
> >       If(RS.Fields(0)+1 > MaxCount) then
> >           Cancel = True
> >           MsgToUser
> >      End If
> >   End If
> >
> >'Cleanup and exit
> >End Sub
> >
> >> Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer)
> >>    Dim strSQL as String
> >[quoted text clipped - 42 lines]

> .

The result will always be "True" unless there's no record. What is number of
exceeded records? You did not indicate with an "=" operator or whatever. And
why did it work? I'm puzzled. You have a missing parenthesis.

Here's the added parenthesis. "Me.[FloorProgMaxObservations] & ")" Then

Please also correct the code as you also have missing "&".

T5925MS wrote:
        If DCount("*", "tblFloorProgAudit", "[AuditID] = " & Me.[AuditID] & "
And [FloorProgCriteriaID] = " & _
        Me.[FloorProgCriteriaID] & " And [AuditorID] = '" & Me.[AuditorID] &
"'") > " & _
        Me.[FloorProgMaxObservations] & " Then
           MsgBox "You're attempting to exeed the maximum number of
observation allowed for this criteria set. Click OK and then delete this
observation."
        Cancel = True
    End If

--
Please Rate the posting if helps you.

AccessVandal
2/22/2010 9:36:58 AM
The number of duplicates allowed for records that have the same values on the
three fields is established in the table tblAdminProgCriteria. The field in
that table is called FloorProgMaxObservations. This one's really got me
stumped because if I use the same code and just put a fixed number in the
code, rather than " & Me.[FloorProgMaxObservations] & " it works fine.

This is the code works correctly but it doesn't meet my needs:

       If DCount("*", "tblFloorProgAudit", "[AuditID] = " & Me.[AuditID] & "
And [FloorProgCriteriaID] = " & _
       Me.[FloorProgCriteriaID] & " And [AuditorID] = '" & Me.[AuditorID] &
"'") > 5 Then

AccessVandal wrote:
>The result will always be "True" unless there's no record. What is number of
>exceeded records? You did not indicate with an "=" operator or whatever. And
>why did it work? I'm puzzled. You have a missing parenthesis.
>
>Here's the added parenthesis. "Me.[FloorProgMaxObservations] & ")" Then
>
>Please also correct the code as you also have missing "&".
>
>        If DCount("*", "tblFloorProgAudit", "[AuditID] = " & Me.[AuditID] & "
>And [FloorProgCriteriaID] = " & _
>        Me.[FloorProgCriteriaID] & " And [AuditorID] = '" & Me.[AuditorID] &
>"'") > " & _
>        Me.[FloorProgMaxObservations] & " Then
>           MsgBox "You're attempting to exeed the maximum number of
>observation allowed for this criteria set. Click OK and then delete this
>observation."
>        Cancel = True
>    End If

T5925MS
2/22/2010 4:04:16 PM
We can't what's the data like but here's the original code with the missing
quotes and ampersand.
Watch out for word wrap as it may remove spaces.

I notice the error is here " And [AuditorID] = '" & Me.[AuditorID] & "'") & "
> " & _"
(the part " & Me.[AuditorID] & "'") & " > " & _"

If DCount("*", "tblFloorProgAudit", "[AuditID] = " & Me.[AuditID] & " And
[FloorProgCriteriaID] = " & _
       Me.[FloorProgCriteriaID] & " And [AuditorID] = '" & Me.[AuditorID] &
"'") & " > " & _
       Me.[FloorProgMaxObservations] Then
          MsgBox "You're attempting to exeed the maximum number of
observation allowed for this criteria set. Click OK and then delete this
observation."
       Cancel = True
   End If

I have remove the unwanted quote and ampersand after the "Me.

--
Please Rate the posting if helps you.

AccessVandal
2/23/2010 12:58:01 AM
You're a genius! That was the problem. Now it works perfectly!!! Thanks SO
much!

AccessVandal wrote:
>The result will always be "True" unless there's no record. What is number of
>exceeded records? You did not indicate with an "=" operator or whatever. And
>why did it work? I'm puzzled. You have a missing parenthesis.
>
>Here's the added parenthesis. "Me.[FloorProgMaxObservations] & ")" Then
>
>Please also correct the code as you also have missing "&".
>
>        If DCount("*", "tblFloorProgAudit", "[AuditID] = " & Me.[AuditID] & "
>And [FloorProgCriteriaID] = " & _
>        Me.[FloorProgCriteriaID] & " And [AuditorID] = '" & Me.[AuditorID] &
>"'") > " & _
>        Me.[FloorProgMaxObservations] & " Then
>           MsgBox "You're attempting to exeed the maximum number of
>observation allowed for this criteria set. Click OK and then delete this
>observation."
>        Cancel = True
>    End If

T5925MS
2/23/2010 1:29:59 PM
Thanks to everyone for your input. This problem is now solved.

Ken Snell wrote:
>What is "FormValue" in your code? A function? How does it get its value?
>Is PlanTypeID a numeric field? or a text field?
>> Correction:  Removed "Group By" clause from SQL statement, it isn't used
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 77 lines]

T5925MS

Outlook 2002
It seems that every other question on this NG is about rules but, I haven't seen one about this. Is there anyway to setup a rule with a script or something where, when I get a message from a designated address, Outlook will generate a new message and send it to a 2nd address. Having the message simply forwarded isn't an option. Basically what I'm trying to do is this : When I receive an order from a client, I need Outlook to send a text message to my cell phone. Just forwarding the original message doesn't work since it's too large and it's rejected by T-Mobile&#...

Convert Column Letters to Number
Hi! I'm looking for a function to convert a "large" column letters (up t 10 characters) to it's equivalent in number. e.g. Input=A Output=1 Input=AAA Output=703 Input=EXCEL Output=2,708,874 Any suggestions? Regards -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Here's a VBA function that gives the results you want: Option Explicit Function ColumnToNumber(sText As String) As Variant Dim Bytes() As Byte Dim Letter As Long Dim Multiplier As Double Dim N As Double Dim Total As Double ColumnToNumber = CVErr(xlErrValue) If L...

How do I reduce the number of lines in a spreadsheet?
Simple question - how do I reduce the number of lines in an Excel spreadsheet from say 25000 to say 45? Delete doesn't work. Hi Philamon You can't delete rows in excel but you can Hide them Check out this first before you do that http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Philamon" <Philamon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02199B4E-70D6-4042-9B01-56E21FA92B00@microsoft.com... > Simple question - how do I reduce the number of lines in an Excel spreadsheet > from say 25000 to say 45? D...

Message tracking doesn=?ISO-8859-1?B?uQ==?=t work
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3247752418_10965373 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hi all, I�m running Exchange 2003 service pack1. I�m unsure what�s going on but it appears the message history in the message tracking tool in ESM is messed up. If I attempt to look at the history of a message that was sent to an external user It will come back and complain : �The object �Tue,� in the message tracking logs cant be found i...

Need Help with #N/A in equation
I have a set equation that needs to be run on about a thousand different entries. A simplified version of the equation would be =A+B+C-D. The only problem is, "B" is only found in some of the entries. So for the majority of the times the equation is run for the different entries, it works, but when "B" is nonexistent, the equation returns a #N/A value. Is there anyway I can keep the set equation but make it work when B does not exist? -- mkerstei ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mkerstei's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com...

I need a template that could help me create a legal gaurdian doc.
I need to create a legal gaurdian document. Can't find one on Micrsoft Melinda wrote: > I need to create a legal gaurdian document. Can't find one on Micrsoft Try this. http://www.ammachi.com/tours/amma-tours/images/templegalguardian_form.pdf Frank Contact a lawyer if you really care about it not being broken. Mike Melinda wrote: > I need to create a legal gaurdian document. Can't find one on Micrsoft ...

Is 'system attendant' needed for OWA 2000 ?
I am following info below to secure my OWA server. System attendant is not listed. Do I need System Attendant 'running' on OWA 2000 ? Since the role of this server is to only support Web-based e-mail, many of the Exchange services installed by the default configuration can be disabled. The table shows the services that are configured in the OWA Front-end Server Policy. Table 3.5 Services configured in the OWA Front-end Server Policy Service Name Startup Mode Reason Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 Disabled OWA server not configured for IMAP4 Microsoft Exchange Informat...

MFC Message Handling
In MFC Generally when we Override Message Handling function by a class then we call base class function at the end like, return CPropertySheet::PreTranslateMessage(pMsg); how this is valid?? If PreTranslateMessage() is not static function then how can we call it by this way (i.e. ClassName::FunctionName)?? "rahul" <hyrahul64@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:0d4c5040-184f-40ea-aad2-9b442e14a4fa@k13g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > In MFC Generally when we Override Message Handling function by a class > then we call base class function at the end like,...

exchange send message warming to a new mail recieved (exchange 200
it´s any possibility sending a message to a host to advise that it has a new mail without owa or outlook opens. How the user will know it got a message without OWA or Outlook open? What is wrong with having Outlook running? bartimore wrote: > it´s any possibility sending a message to a host to advise that it has a new > mail without owa or outlook opens. Yes, you could walk over to them and ask them to start OWA or Outlook ;) -GT "bartimore" <bartimore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D6CF1FB-F105-4524-8CD9-5FE5A8E659AB@microsoft.com.....

sequential numbering of labels
I made labels that I want to use for Raffle tickets. They are two piece tickets one horizontal and one vertical. I am trying to number each piece (2) of them from 1-500. Is there a way to do this? Thank You for your help Consecutive Numbering (2002, 2003) http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=95 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jodar" <jodar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D546734A-E761-4AA1-8ED7-A54533EA79F9@microsoft.com... >I made labels that I want to use for Raff...

message window with an Office file attachment sticks on top of the Outlook window
Hello When I send an Office file from the Office program file menu as an attachment the Outlook 2002 SP3 window could not be put on top of the appearing message window. This does not allow coping an e-mail address from previously sent messages to the appearing message window. How to copy an e-mail address from previously sent messages to the message window with the Office file attachment, which sticks on top of the Outlook window? Either save the message and then reopen it from Drafts. Or, create the message first, then attach the document. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of ...

Determine the number of bits in a negative number
I'd like to determine the number of bits (the position of the highest on bit) in a negative number (say -1) without using knowledge of its type. Valid operations would be AND, OR, XOR, negation, and one's compliment can be done as: 'Get a -1 of the same type as myvar Dim minus1: minus1 = myvar - (myvar + 1) Dim onesComp: onesComp = myvar XOR minus1 You could also use multiplication or division by 2 or other mathematical operators/functions, but then sign extension comes into play. The standard solution is to presume the answer given the type of the variable, but...

Not allow entering repeated references in a column
I have a table to register incoming documents. Its references ar introduced in a column. Each document must have a unique reference (e.g H04, H05, B01, B02 etc.). Hence, repeated references must not occur. What should I do to make sure that repeated references are no introduced in the column... or alternatively, what should I do to mak the system alert the user when he/she is introducing an existen reference? I look forward to receiving your help. Thanks in advance, Ritinh -- ritinh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ritinha's Profile: http://www....

How can I search for messages of an author, when I don't see one a
The help file states that I can search for "recent message posted by this author" from within a message, but I don't see how to do it without finding a message for the author to begin with. Doesn't make sense to me. -- Peice, Love,... Many Groovies Not an Excel question, you are using CDO, don't know what you do there. But I expect you would have much better results using Google Advanced Groups Search. And because most questions have already been asked would certainly want to encourage the use of Google Advanced Groups Search to search newsgroups: http:...

Need help with cells
I need help. I want to be able to type in a numberin cell A1 and the description to appear on cell B1. Just by typing the number. thank you Look in the Excel help for the Vlookup command. You will need to have a table of the numbers with their descriptions saved somewhere. "mariflor" <mariflor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F284B62-4D22-4646-8BBD-0D1E7D586858@microsoft.com... >I need help. I want to be able to type in a numberin cell A1 and the > description to appear on cell B1. Just by typing the number. > thank you I can't seem to ge...

MAXIMUM NUMBERS IN CELL
When entering more than 15 numbers in a cell, Exel automatically changes the integers after 15 to a zero. Example: 123456789123456789 entered into cell returns 123456789123456000. Is there any way around this? Thanx Excel supports only 15 digits, but if you don't want to do any calculations on these numbers, then you can enter them as strings. A preceding ' will convert numbers to string. e.g. '123456789123456789 is treated as a text string. - Mangesh -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com ...

How can I number these pages?
I have a workbook with 30 sheets. Some sheet contains more pages t print. I have already made the setting print and the setting scale i not the same for all sheets. I would like to number (progressive number) and print all pages. Ex WS1 Page1, WS1 Page2, WS2 Page3... Someone can hepl me -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Pippo, In File - Page Setup, the First Page Number should be set to Auto for all sheets. The pages wil now be sequential across all the sheets if all are printed in one command. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ----------------...

Contacts in Public Folder do not appear when composing a message
Hello, I have installed Exchange 2003 and all the clients have Outlook 2003.I created a folder in "Public Folders" for the contacts. I specified that the folder contains "Contact Items". The same process was followed also for the subfolders and the contacts were copied in the subfolders. Everybody can see the contacts in "Public folders", but when someone creates a new message and click "To:" cannot view those contacts. At the moment they are able only to see the "Global Address List" which contains the mails of the users in the company. All t...

Need Help #2
Hello... I Am new to dynamic Gp... i need to know how i can generate a cash report weekly, and how i can see where my revenue is recorded by monthly.... i mean cash on hand monthly... if any1 help me out i shall be very much thankful.... ...

Outlook 2000 will not display new messages
Outlook can sit open all day and no emails will display until one that is already there is opened, then the emails flood in. I have several customers experiencing this. Any ideas? >-----Original Message----- >Outlook can sit open all day and no emails will display >until one that is already there is opened, then the emails >flood in. I have several customers experiencing this. >Any ideas? >. > I have 3 users who are experiencing the same exact problem in my office - anyone over at MS have some suggestions? Thanks! ~ jds We saw this too. We ran Spybot to ...

do i need an internal MX record?
when i was using exchange 2000 i did not have an MX record in my internal DNS... i dont know if thats clear.... lets say my domain is microsoft.com. publically, there would be an MX record that pointed to the public address of the email server. but internally, where all machines have private 192 addresses, do i need to configure an MX record? i never have before, and things have always worked fine. now, with exchange 2003 the internet mail wizard says that i have to have an MX record before i can send internet mail etc. is the wizard telling me to create an internal MX record with a 192 addres...

Error messages received when opening converted mdbs
I converted an accounting program (that allows me to individually access the mdbs for each company) from Access 97 to Access 2003. However, I now have the following problems: 1. I get warning messages about unsafe expressions and an unsafe file when I open the mdb that contains all the program code. 2. I get a run-time error #2803 each time I exit a form in one of the attached mdbs. The error states that I don't have the license required to use this Active X control, but the exit routine was written by the programmer. 3. Attaching to each mdb is much slower than it was with Acces...

need some suggest
I need to display a messege in screen,so I used MsgBox("hello:", 0, "virus", ""); does it wright thanks Use AfxMessageBox. Sample usage is at the bottom of the page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/ _mfc_afxmessagebox.asp -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <fady.jo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1133383975.040660.57260@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > I need to display a messege in screen,so I used MsgBox("hello:", 0, > "virus", ""); > does it wright > ...

Store email acount messages into different Data files
Hi, I've set up 2 email accounts in Outlook: one is an Exchange Server account and the other is a POP3 account. I have also created 2 Outlook Data Files. Now, I want to store email messages for each email account in its own Data File. But this seems to be impossible because Outlook requires all accounts' messages to be stored in the same Data File. Am I missing something here ? Any help is greatly appreciated. SuperKinhLuan SuperKinhLuan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've set up 2 email accounts in Outlook: one is an > Exchange Server accoun...

MROUND on a negative number.
I came up with the following formula all by myself !! =IF($I$2="NOT TRANSFERRED",$K$21+$K$22,MROUND($K$21+$K$22-$K$23-$K$24,0.25)) Which will successfully (If $I$2 = "TRANSFERRED") round a decimal number to the nearest quarter. If however, the decimal number is negative, I get the NUM error. Please can you help me get it to return a negative rounded number. E.g. K21 = 17.00 K22 = 0 K23 = 0 K24 = 1.28 Therefore correct at 15.75 but if K21 = 0 K22 = 0 K23 = 0.6 K24 = 0 I would like the result to be -0.5. Your help is and always has been very much appreciat...