How To Execute JavaScript in VBA Code?

My main application is MS Access 2003, and I wish to execute a JavaScript
called "MySaveAs.js" which is saved in a certain path.

Is there a API call that I can use to execute this???

Thanks,

Gary

I'm still learning about Access; I think something here may help:
http://www.mvps.org/access/api/index.html

--
Ryan---

"Gary" wrote:

> My main application is MS Access 2003, and I wish to execute a JavaScript
> called "MySaveAs.js" which is saved in a certain path.
>
> Is there a API call that I can use to execute this???
>

> Thanks,
>
> Gary
What do want to accomplish?

"Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My main application is MS Access 2003, and I wish to execute a JavaScript
> called "MySaveAs.js" which is saved in a certain path.
>
> Is there a API call that I can use to execute this???
>

> Thanks,
>
> Gary

0
David
1/13/2010 12:13:13 AM
"Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My main application is MS Access 2003, and I wish to execute a JavaScript
> called "MySaveAs.js" which is saved in a certain path.
>
> Is there a API call that I can use to execute this???
>

> Thanks,
>
> Gary

Just use:

application.FollowHyperlink "path name to your script to run"

--
Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

0
Albert

Email Coding works in one form but not the other...
I have this code in one form and it works perfectly: Dim olkApp As New Outlook.Application Dim mailNewMail As Outlook.MailItem Set mailNewMail = olkApp.CreateItem(olMailItem) With mailNewMail .To = "jfoster@monitronics.com;sroberson@monitronics.com" .CC = "" .BCC = "" .Subject = "Save Alert - Please Confirm" .Body = "Agent: " & Forms![frmLogIn]![Combo22] & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _ "CS#: " & Forms![frmwinbacksave]![cs#] & vbCrLf & vbCrLf &a...

Working on Code from a VB Book; Help Interpreting Errors
I found the example of code in a book: Public Class Form1 Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load Dim drives() As String drives = System.IO.Directory.GetLogicalDrives Dim iDrive As Integer DrivesList.Items.Clear() On Error Resume Next For iDrive = 0 To drives.GetUpperBound(0) DrivesList.Items.Add(drives(iDrive)) Next DrivesList.SelectedIndex = 1 End Sub Private Sub DrivesList_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As System.O...

VBA Help
I need to have expand button clicked using VBA when a window with a scrolling window opened. For example, on GL Detail Inquiry window, you can see the details of the journal entry in two lines. I would like to open up this window (GL Detail Inquiry) so that user can see both lines in the scrolling window (Scrolling Window for GL inquiry window) without clicking on the Expand button. Please help. Let me know if you have any questions. ...

Looking for sample code
I need to write an app that will (magically) create a bitmap, and display it in a window of specific width, but (possible) scrollable in height. Is there something out there that gets close? TIA. -- #include <standard.disclaimer> _ Kevin D Quitt USA 91387-4454 96.37% of all statistics are made up Not sure about magically creating the bitmap. This is usually left as an Exercise for the Programmer. Check on www.codeproject.com for lots of bitmap-related examples. You will have to set the window width. How hard it is to scroll depends on whether or not you just need a gen...

Using VS2005 to ship legacy code for XP and Windows 2000.
If you want to publish a Windows application that runs on Windows 2000 or Windows XP, using the latest compiler (Visual Studio 2005), you can do so. Without requiring that you ship megabytes of code from the VS2005 runtime libraries (MSVCRT80.DLL and MFC80.DLL). Follow these steps: 1) Install the Windows Server 2003 SP1 Platform SDK (April 2005 Edition). The April 2005 PSDK bundles the VS 2005 compiler (version 14.0) and its associated include headers and libraries. With VC6 installed it allows you to link VC6 compatible apps for 32-bit applications. 2) You won't be able to use th...

Problems moving SQL to Code using Mark Plumpton method
Hi Am using Mark Plumptons method to speed up form loading. This is the first time I have done this so being extra careful. Problem is I have a combo box which has a WHERE selection which Marks example does not provide an example code. The code I have below creates a Syntax error, could someone please advise what the problem is. Me.model.RowSource = _ "SELECT type " & _ "FROM tblcartype " & _ "WHERE tblcartype.carmake=Me.model" & _ "ORDER BY type;" If I take out the '&_' at the end of the WHERE clause the...

Run Code in General Module Upon Activation of Other Sheets
I have VBA code residing in a general module of a workbook. The outpu from the code updates several sheets in the workbook. I would like t automatically Run the code in the general module if any of thes several sheets are activated (by clicking on the sheet�s tab). How ca I do this? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Steve You can use the folowwing events in the sheet module(not a normal module) Right click on a sheet tab and choose view code. Paste the events in there and press Alt-Q to go back to Excel. You can copy the code in the event or type the macro name ...

VBA question
A co-worker, who has since moved on to greener pastures, coded the following for me. I use it to explode the contents of partlists, where all the part numbers of a particular type are stored in a cell. Now I am receiving the lists from new sources, and need to update the code a bit, something I am completely unfamiliar with. In this statement If InStr(strNewNumber1, " ") > 0 Then how would I also include (TAB) and other pseudo space charecters, so it will work on files produced by people who refuse to use the space bar? Function Explode() Dim strRow As Str...

controling excel from vba access and using sub procedures
Hi All, I'm having trouble getting my code to work using sub procedures in my vba code, this only happens when i am interacting with excel. I've tried to copy all the dims and defs from the calling procedure but to no avail at this time. sample code below. Dim strPath As String Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim Excel_Application As Excel.Application Dim Excel_Workbook As Excel.Workbook Dim Current_Worksheet As Excel.Worksheet Dim Data_Range Dim Worksheet_Name Dim db As Database Dim rs As Recordset D_now = Format(Date, "dd-mm-yy") ' Formated to use as part of fi...

generate .NET code from visio 2003
Hi ! How can i Generate .NET code from a UML made in visio 2003 ? I did searh the net and found this link but it says 404 ? http://msdnaa.net/Resources/Display.aspx?ResID=1949 the article title is Generating .NET Code Using Visio Enterprise Architect's UML So any one know how do that or any one have back up copy of this article Thanks which version of v2003 are you using. The EA version which comes with vs.net I believe has the process in the help facility. v2003 pro does not support forward engineering of uml... Al "Suhail Kaleem" <suhailkaleem@mailyoulike.com>...

JavaScript Error 07-06-05
We just installed the CRM to evaluate it and we are getting the JavaScript error "Permission Denied" on the bottom toobar. It works with the Windows 2000 machines, but not our Win XP SP2 machines? Is there some sort of security setting we need to set? Any help would be appreciated. For anyone else who is looking I finally found it on MSDN. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870635 "Brian Linden" <brian@ineedadip.com> wrote in message news:uauICYlgFHA.4032@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > We just installed the CRM to evaluate it and we are g...

From VBA: How to select a column by column number instead of letter? #2
I'm in MS Access and don't know from column letters - all my constants are in terms of column number. I'd like to select, say, column number 7 and hide it.... ? -- PeteCresswell Gord and I sent you a macro solution for EXCEL as this is an Excel ng. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote in message news:uch701tveuot081n0q0h9rpq1r0c24v1sc@4ax.com... > I'm in MS Access and don't know from column letters - all my constants are in > terms of column number. > > I'd like to select, say, column number...

Unhiding All hidden Worksheets with a Macro/VBA Code
Hi, Can anyone help me please ? Whilst working with an Excel Workbook I often hide all unwanted Worksheets leaving only the ones I need to work on visible. What I would like to do is have a macro or VBA code to click on a button to unhide all hidden worksheets rather repeating Format-Sheet-Unhide to unhide each worksheet. Any help would be greatly appreciated (Excel version Excel 2000) Many thanks Rob -- robertguy 44 Married two kids ------------------------------------------------------------------------ robertguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinf...

VBA OpenReport Action
In the help documentation for the OpenReport Action, it gives the following description for the Where Condition: A valid SQL WHERE clause (without the word WHERE) or expression that Access uses to select records from the report's underlying table or query. Can someone give me an example of a SQL where clause. I am not very familiar with SQL, and have the the following: (qQuery1.tTable1.[Yes-Internal]) <> Yes Or (qQuery1.tTable1.[Yes- Internal]) Is Null So that the full action reads: DoCmd.OpenReport "rReport", acViewPreview, , (qQuery1.tTable1.[Yes- Internal]) <> ...

Help with code #2
What I am trying to do is have a macro lookup cell b1 from sheets21 to sheet120 and when it finds the first sheet that this cell is blank to execute a macro. I used to use the code below but it is way to long over this many sheets. If Sheet21.Range("AV3") = "" Then Sheet21.Select Else If Sheet22.Range("AV3") = "" Then Sheet22.Select Else If Sheet23.Range("AV3") = "" Then Sheet23.Select Else etc. Thanks Greg Greg, You can do the following, although it has a problem that I'll describe: dim s as worksheet for each s in ...

Problem With Code...Still
I posted a message earlier and been trying to figure out why this code doesn't work right. Thank you for all your help. Private Sub CommandButton6_Click() Dim message As String Set MyComputer = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") FolderName1 = Range("F6") FileName1 = Range("M6") If MyComputer.FolderExists(FolderName1) = False Then message = MsgBox("The directory: " & FolderName1 & ", does not exist." & Chr(10) _ & "Enter a new directory path (cell F6).", 0, ...

change the code to be a formula
i have the following code added to the s/s tab which does what i want but is there a way of adding this to cell like a formula thing like vlookup?? Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Target.Column = 2 Then If Target.Value = "" Then Exit Sub Application.EnableEvents = False Target.Value = Worksheets("Station").Range("A1") _ .Offset(Application.WorksheetFunction _ .Match(Target.Value, Worksheets("Station").Range("StationList"), 0), 0) Application.Ena...

Bar code tracking of fixed assets
is there a solution available for Great Plains that allows you to track fixed assets by a bar code? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1ff0b670-3408-4021-9705-...

Excel VBA functions
I have learned how to make my own Yield function by writing the code in the VBE window. However, it is saved in my personal macro workbook and everytime I want to use it, I have to type out PERSONAL.MYield.MYield ([arguments]). Is there a way to make it so that I can just type MYield([arguments])? Bonus - Is there another, more user friendly way to make your own functions in Excel? Hi Mokey Check your personal.xls in the VBA editor Tools>References You don't have to type the filename then -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Mokey...

VBA code to "skip" empty rows
This code will take text from column A in an Excel Work sheet and insert it into column B inside a text box. I would like to “tweek” this to skip over the code that creates the text boxes on each row that contains empty text. The result I seek is to have a text box created with text copied from column A and no text box created when column A is empty. My attempt to do this myself is not working out. I am just starting to learn something about VBA. Any comments for a better approach to solve this would be appreciated. I have commented out my attempt to skip past the textbox...

show codes in body
How can I remove the hard linefeed-sign showing in the body of an email. In Word you have a special key for activating linefeeds and spaces like the opposite P thanks reidarT ReidarT wrote: > How can I remove the hard linefeed-sign showing in the body of an > email. In Word you have a special key for activating linefeeds and > spaces like the opposite P > thanks > reidarT Sounds like you are using Word - as your email editor. Click the paragraph-mark button on your toolbar, or go to tools | options and uncheck the "display formatting marks" option. ...

TSSTcorp DVD Code 41
I cannot view my 2 DVD ROMs in My Computer and I get an error "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)" when viewing the DVD in Device manager. It shows the correct hardware just with a yellow exclamation point. The DCD ROMs will not recognize/play any DVD/CD I put in them. The Samsung Live Update thingy dosen't find any hardware (I think it tells me that, it actually says, says and I quote: "In your system, any kind of CD-ROM device is searched" WTF does that mean?) When I uninstal...

Date Code
Here is my code that I'm having a problem with. I want the programming to start evaluating from cell I2 through the rest of the column. Is there a different way to write the code. Well the workbook opens, I get a message that says 'Type Mismatch' and highlights the boolean section of the if statement. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim Target As Range Application.Workbooks(1).Worksheets(5).Activate ActiveSheet.Range("I2").Select For Each Target In Range("I2:I20") If Target.Value <> "" And DateValue(Target.Value) - DateValue(Now)...

Bar codes for USPS using WASP fontware pro plus
How is a bar code created in Publisher? I have Wasp pro plus which works in word and excel...not publisher. If wasp doesn't work....what program does? Suggestions? HELP! EDIT: I have read the links provided in other similar posts. I have followed the steps and after many attempts...it doesn't work. Who, Have you read their statement regarding the programs that it will work with? From: http://www.waspbarcode.com/software/fontware.asp Over 50 TrueType Barcode Fonts Wasp FontWare seamlessly integrates bar codes with any Windows application including Microsoft Word�, Excel�, Access�,...

Need help with VBA
Hi, I have to start developing VBA applications in Excel as a job assignment. I therefore require a nice starting point to learn VBA in Excel. Can nebody suggest some good books/links from where I can get complete and thorough tutorials on Excel VBA? I need the resource to cover all topics from beginner to the advanced level. Regards MPG Hi. Try www.VBAExpress.com. Lesson 1 of VBA Training is free. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Mayank Prakash Gupta" <mayank.prakash@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eeN87JOkFHA.2916@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >...