Hide page on tab control

Hello,

Is there any way to hide a page on a tab control based on what the user
selects from a drop down box?

Thanks in advance

Martin

You can use the following syntax to hide a page...

Me.TabControl.Pages(0).Visible = False

The index (0) of the pages starts at 0, you will need to enter the correct
number for the position of the tab.  Put that inside an If/Then condition
that checks the status of your dropdown in it's AfterUpdate event.  You will
want to include this in the Forms Current even as well so it's toggled if the
record changes.

hth
--
Jack Leach
www.tristatemachine.com

"I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t work."
-Thomas Edison (1847-1931)

"Martin" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there any way to hide a page on a tab control based on what the user
> selects from a drop down box?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Martin

Getting appts to print on one page
I am using calendar assistant to print multiple overlaid calendars at once on letter size paper. All the appointments show up on the first page, except for one. This one pushes to a second monthly page duplicating the first. ie - I get two November 2009s - one with all appts except one and the other page with only the one rogue appointment -- Thanks, Alison ...

Tab control question about updates
Searched but couldn't see this discussed. I have a form with 5 tabs. Data can be loaded three ways, manually entered, imported from a text file, and imported from a Word template. On one of the tabs (the second) when the user enters information such as a social sec. number (SSN) that matches a file already in the system, a flag goes off and alerts the user. Works fine. On the import functions, the data is loaded and appears correctly, but when the user moves to the second tab where the SSN number appears, it does not set off the flag when the page opens. I can make it happen with a c...

combining tabs through drop downs
I'm not even sure if this is possible, or how easy/difficult it would be, but if someone could at least tell me where to look or what I need to start researching to be able to do this it would be great. Basically, I want to take a workbook that has 10 tabs - each of the tabs has similar formatting, but different info. What I want to do is combine it all onto a single tab and use a drop down to select what info is viewable. ie - rather than having tabs for june, july, and august, those would be drop down choices. Keeping in mind that the info for each is similar in formatting, but not e...

Powerpoint 2007 Excel import change tab
Hi, The situation is as follows: Powerpoint template needs to import data from specific fields from within a tab in excel. This tab name changes depending on the client. Using the "paste Special" i can get the info imported fine. The part i have a problem with is changing the name of the tab to import different data.Powerpoint doesn't have an option under "Prepare>Edit Links To file" If anyone can suggest a solution even a macro to prompt the user to enter the name of the new sheet they want to pull the data from. The Execl file does not change ...

Printing odd pages in booklet format
I used to be able to do this easily in PageMaker, but I can't figure it out for the life of me in Publisher... I am creating a booklet. Each page is 8.5 w and 5.5 tall (ie, half-letter, landscape orientation). I'd like to print this booklet two pages to one peice of paper, so I can cut in the middle and punch for a ring binder. I'd like the target paper to be letter (8.5 x 11). However, when I try to set it up as a book, I get a weird page that's 17x5.5. How can I change how the page is set up, so I can get both 8.5 x 5.5 pages to print in the correct orientation on the...

Hyperlinks into VISIO page
While it is possible to link from one visio document shape to another visio file, specific page, I am unable to find or determine (based on testing) the html syntax for connecting from a hyperlink in a different kind of document (like a word or excel file) to a specific page. The default seems to be open to whatever page was last saved. Does anyone know the proper tag for creating this link? #bookmark works for all other microsoft products, but doesn't seem to work for VISIO? Thank you. (and yes, I have already read all the topics in all groups and find no answer - this is the third...

Publisher 2007: How do I change dates on calendar page in newslet
I'm creating a newsletter. I added a calendar page. In previous versions of Publisher, I was able to get to Calendar Options to change the month. In Publisher 2007 when I insert a calendar page into a newsletter, I can no longer access the Calendar Options task pane. Please describe how to change the dates. The calendar wizard is broken. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future service pack. Meanwhile you will have to manually change the calendar dates. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Stephanie" &...

Front Page 2003
I have just had my old laptop data transferred to anew laptop and on attemptiing to load Frontpage 2003 i am told they found that the disc was cracked and unusable. I have 2002 Version which is now loaded but wish to upgrade to get back to 2003. i cannot appear to find a copy of Frontpage 2003 which I can download anywhere (I have my product key is it is all legal) - has anyone any bright ideas how I can get aroud this problem and where I can get a copy of 2003 from please??? Help!!!! -- Rod You might find a copy on E-Bay or Amazon. FrontPage is no longer supported ...

SFO CRM folders won't display page
SFO appeared to install correctly. The CRM toolbar buttons work fine in SFO. But when I click on a CRM folder such as accounts, I get the following Action Canceled error. I am running CRM 1.2 and this is on a Windows XP client. I have installed the SP2 and SFO enhancement patches and cleared forms cache in Outlook. I also uninstalled and reinstalled SFO. SFO works fine on all other laptops within our organization. Here is the error which occurs when I select any folder within SFO/CRM. Action canceled Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might ...

Hide Picklist based on value of other picklist.
On the accounts form i have made a new picklist named Partner. In the picklist Customertype i have made a new entry called partner. When someone opens the form i want the picklist named partner to be hidden. When someone selects Partner in the Customertype picklist i want the picklist partner to be visible. If an other value is selected the fields needs to stay hidden. I know i have to make some code on the onchange of the field customertype and i need to make code on the onload of the page. I have tried multiple codes but i cant get it to work. Can someone please help me out please. Hi,...

Hide Quck Parts in Word 2007
Hi, Is it possible to hide empty quick parts in word 2007? I am populating quick parts from a sharepoint list (wss 3.0) and some of the fields in this list are not rquired and the field names are showing when the metadata is empty. http://www.moss2007.be/blogs/vandest/archive/2009/12/03/configure-word-2007-content-controls-with-empty-placeholder-text.aspx ...

CPropertySheet
.... again ... but none of the answers I can find is useful ... The documentation for CPropertyPage::OnWizardNext says you can insert a page like this: // Since CPropertySheet() always adds new pages to the end of // its propertypage list, we have to remove all pages starting // at index 1 (original location for the second page). Then, // add them back one at a time. for (int i = 1; i < count; i++) sheet->RemovePage(i); for (i = 1; i < arr_size; i++) sheet->AddPage(m_PropPageArray[i]); However this doesn't work. The reason it doesn'...

P2002 S-L-O-W on Page Change
Recently "upgraded" to Publisher 2002 from Publisher 2000. A three-page document now requires about 45 seconds to switch from one page to another. One of the pages has about 12 text frames and 3 photos. I copied the file and removed all frames. Same delay. (And this file, that now has no visible content, has a size of 2.2MB.) This behavior is identical on two machines (removed 2002 from one machine and installed on another.) First machine is W2K, 600MHz, 256MB. Second is XP, 2.3GHz, 512MHz. Is this video related? Both machines have 64MB display cards. All Office, OS,...

Rotating page numbers
I have a document with both page layouts (landscape and portrait) however the page numbers obviously will be pointing in the direction of the associated layout does anyone know how to be consistent in this? ...

Hide a field in a report
I am building a report using fields that are in tables. One of the fields in the report is "Do Not Use". I want to build an expression that says if "Do Not Use" is marked "1" in the table, then remove that line from the report. If "Do Not Use" is marked "0", keep that line in the report. Please help! Thanks! In your query use a calculated field like this -- Hide_Field: IIF([Do Not Use] = 1, Null, [Do Not Use]) Then in the report set the textbox Can Grow property to Yes and drag the size of the textbox to a hairline. If the output is...

Set print width to page width in VBA
IF I set the width, e.g. ActiveWorksheet.PageSetup..FitToPagesWide = 1 It automatically makes it 1 page tall, not good on long sheets, how do I set it to scale 1 page wide and however many pages tall? -- A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer. I recorded a macro when I did it manually. These are the lines that I'd keep: With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .Zoom = False .FitToPagesWide = 1 .FitToPagesTall = False End With Trevor Best wrote: > > IF I set the width, e.g. > > ActiveWorksheet.PageSetup..FitToPagesWide = 1 > > It automat...

Publisher does not recognize tab-delimited text files in a mail m.
I am a student who is learning MS Publisher 2003. In mail merges, publisher does not recognize tab-delimited text files. If you try to mail merge with a tdt file, the data appears as one column entry, making it impossible to sort by separate fields or insert separte fields as a formally formatted address block. Converting the file to a comma-delimited text file (comma separated values) solves the problem. The fields appear separately as they should in the Mail Merge Recipients dialog box, so that you can sort by separate fields and then set up a properly formatted address block. Pl...

How to assign value to controls on a Report
I am trying to assign value on a txtbox control from a form to a txtbox control on a report. Form txtbox control:txtBeginDateRange Report txtbox control:txtStartDate reportName = "Report by DR and Vendor" I am have a problem with this line of code Reports![reportName]!txtStartDate = Me.txtBeginDateRange DoCmd.OpenReport reportName, acViewPreview Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. Ayo. Answered in another post where you asked the same question. ...

move page from one document to another
I need some "fast" help! I have never worked in Publisher before, but need to get a project done for an organization I work for. I need to take several pages from one document and paste them into another document. Both documents are already set up in Publisher. I want to basically "copy" from one document to another. HELP!! kdramirez <kdramirez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to take several pages from one document and paste them into another >document. Both documents are already set up in Publisher. I want to >basically "copy&qu...

Chart Legend Items: hide/show
How do I hide/show a series on a chart legend (scatter plot.) I tried a null string (""), but the trace still shows. I also tried #N/A. But it then shows "#N/A"; the same with function: NA(). What I am trying to do is to have a control button to show or hide a series from the chart. I can set all the series values to #N/A which hides it, but I am having trouble trying to hide the legend for the series. I also tried an "if" function in the chart->series dialog, but It evidently will only accept a cell pointer. "Jon Peltier" <jonREMOVExlmvp@p...

How do I get the printer to start at a spicific page.
Sometimes when printing pages for a 100 page book a page may jam. I try to start printing from that page to the end. It always wants to start from the first page instead of the 20th page. How do I get the printer to start printing from that page that was jammed and continue? -- Thank You Smitty wrote: > Sometimes when printing pages for a 100 page book a page may jam. I > try to start printing from that page to the end. It always wants to > start from the first page instead of the 20th page. How do I get > the printer to start printing from that page that was jammed and...

Emailing a multi-page newsletter as the message
This is an advance notice of something I need to put into writing. I found a terrific way to send a multipage newsletter as the body of an email. It is not completely free tho. You need some sort of pdf creating software (free will work), and a $40 software program. Believe me, this will be the best $40 program you've ever purchased. Look for something later this week. Right now I have to prepare a mailing list with 1700 people for a mail merge. I'm a bit busy right now. ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] JoAnn Paules [MVP] <jl_paules@hotmail.com> was ve...

How do I get the pages into the bottom toolbar in publisher 2007
In the older version of Publisher the pages of a document appeared in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen. In the 2007 version I don't know how to turn that on. How do you navigate between pages? Not too long ago another poster offered the following solution. Please note that I haven't had this issue and haven't tried this solution but it seems to have worked for him. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To fix the Publisher page sorter issue, simply follow the steps below. But beware, because this fix takes you into the Registry window to edit a specific part of the P...

Office System 2010: List of Controls IDs
Does anyone know when or where Microsoft will publish a list of control IDs for the Office System 2010? Does anyone know the idMso for the "Print" command located on the new "File" menu? -- Greg Maxey See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org for an eclectic collection of Word Tips. Arrogance is a weed that grows mostly on a dunghill (Arabic proverb) This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01CAE7B4.9D78F540 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable...

Member Server to Domain Controller
Hi How do I promote a member server running Windows 2003 Server SP2 and Certificate Services to a domain controller. Regards Use the system command dcpromo Check out the link below http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_install_active_directory_on_windows_2003.htm -- Paul Bergson MVP - Directory Services MCITP - Enterprise Administrator MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, Security +, BS CSci 2008, Vista, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4 Microsoft's Thrive IT Pro of the Month - June 2009 http://www.pbbergs.com Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewGroups. ...