FOCUS Mainframe

In my Access database I have the need to get data from a FOCUS Database in
the Mainframe.

As of now I have it where the user runs a procedure to extract the data as a
text file and then there is a one-click import form for the text file. It
works fine.

The problem is that it is not automated and certain FOCUS queries take so
incredibly long (20 minutes to 40 minutes) because I am dealing with 50,000
to 500,000 rows of data (and there is no progress bar causing users [and me]
to become annoyed :) ). I know Access can connect to an ODBC database easily
enough. What I don't know is one: how to do it in VBA; and two: if a FOCUS
database is even an applicable ODBC data source (I don't know much about
FOCUS).

Has anyone had any success in this? I would like some help, if possible?

Please, and thank you in advance,

Ryan Leckey

blobmiester

change focus to sub form's control
Dear Friends Please guide me how to change the focus from control from parent to control in the child form After I press tab child forms control must get focused Please guide Thanks Ramesh Shetty There are 2 steps to go from a parent to a subform. 1. Parent 2. CtlSubform 3.Subform A subform is inside a subform control, similar to the way a picture is inside an image control The CtlSubform is likely to have a different name from the name of the subform Make sure that CtlSubform has its tab stop property set to Yes Jeanette Cunningham "Shetty" <rameshmshetty@gmail.com...

Set focus on a different Form
I am sure this is easy to do but for the life of my I can't figure it out. Any help for a self taught would be great I currently have this on my customers form organized to e-mail someone that the job is complete and the set the status as complete. Works fine... Private Sub Command338_Click() If IsNull([SignedOffDate]) Then MsgBox ("Please enter in a signed off date") Else DoCmd.SendObject , acSendNoObject, , "e-mail address", , , "Customer Complete " & [AssignedCustNumber] & " (" & [LastName] & ", " &...

Retaining highlighting when focus changes
I am using Excel 2003. I have a spreadsheet full of data open; I find and select the cell or row containing the data I need and that cell or row is highlighted. Now I switch to another application (or workbook) to enter the data that I highlighted, but the highlighting disappears when the Excel window lost focus and I can't find my data. Is there a way to retain the row or cell highlighting, in an excel spreadsheet, when another application has the focus? This is driving me nuts! Thanks, Bill This is just a visibility thing, right? If yes, then you may want to try Chip Pearso...

Add a toolbar to my MainFrame
I have a SDI (I should have used a MDI but too late) with a ViewSwitcher (CViewA, CViewB). My problem is : 1) How can I add a toolbar to the default one on the mainframe when I switch on my CviewA 2)How can I add a splitter ONLY when I switch on CViewB, and to remove it when I switch back to CViewA. ...

Undo data entry on lost focus?
My form has a bit of code in it where, OnActivate, it will go to a new record. This is great for the purpose it was intended, but has the unfortunate side- effect of pulling a new record whenever someone moves to another open object (form, table, whatever)- so if a user is having a particularly ADHD-day, or feels the need to compulsively "check their work," I could end up with multiple bad records. In an effort to user-proof this a bit, I inserted a bit of code in the OnDeactivate event, which goes like this: Private Sub Form_Deactivate() If Me.Dirty Then If Cur...

Setting Focus to a field in a subform in 2007
How do I set focus on a tab from the last field in a Main form to the first field in an embedded subform in 2007? The the OnExit event of the last control on Main form use this code: Me.NameOfSubFormControl.SetFocus Me.NameOfSubFormControl.Form!NameOfFirstControlOnSub.SetFocus Be sure that you replace NameOfSubFormControl with the actual name of the subform ***control*** which is not necessarily the same as the name of the form being used as the basis for the subform. As you can see, you have to set focus to the subform control ***then*** set focus to the textbox on the s...

how to set mouse focus to first control in a dialog?
When my dialogs first appear, I need to press the mouse button twice - the first time to make the dialog responsive to the mouse, the second to get a response. What do I have to do to avoid the first mouse click? It seems to me the dialog should immediately be responsive to mouse input as soon as it appears. I've tried SetFocus, and GotoDlgCtl but they do not solve the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for your time. Ian Do it in OnInitDialog and return FALSE if you want focus on a different control the first control on the dialog. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] aja...

wininet & FTP to Mainframe (zOS)
Hi, I have an FTP stream partially working using wininet.dll. There are a series of examples that I even have followed . [I'm doing this in VBA of Excel, office 2003] The problem is that I can log in, upload and logout, but ftpCommand does not appear to function with zOS the way I would expect. I cannot get a FB file allocated on the host (trying to upload to a GDG). I do get a response back (using InternetGetLastResponseInfo function call to wininet dll) and I am getting what looks like a good response by putting in a "site" commend as the string in the ftpComm...

Focus to Child MessageBox from SysTray Message?
I have an application, with a seperate SysTray Icon. The SysTray Icon has an "Exit Application" option that opens the main application window, and displays a MessageBox (with "Are you sure..."). The MessageBox does not prevent the SysTray icon from working, so the user can select the "Exit Application" option again. When this message comes to my app, and the MessageBox is displayed, I want to set the focus to the MessageBox. Does anyone have ideas on how to set the focus to a child window of the application? I have tried the following on the appliation window:...

View vs. MainFrame
Hi. I’ve been developing CFormView SDI type applications for years and I’ve always put/started my code in my View. I create my threads in MyView::OnInitialOpdate(), I have my timers in my View, I work with my GUI controls in my view, and I clean-up in MyView::OnDestroy(). I really haven’t had a problem, but recently I’ve noticed that I could be doing all/most/some of the same things in the MainFrame. Any benefits/drawback to using the View vs. the MainFrame? Are there things you can only do in the View or MainFrame? Thanks. For an SDI application I don't think it makes any differen...

CEdit selection focus
I need to implement something like a find/replace dialog. So I select the text in the CEdit and then bring up a dialog to ask the user what to do with the selection. The problem is that the selection in the CEdit is only visible when the CEdit has the focus. Since the dialog steals the focus, the selection is not visible and the user does not know what (s)he is being asked about. How can I keep the focus on the CEdit (or keep the selection visible) while asking the user for input? On Jan 23, 11:53=A0am, Alexander <the44s...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I need to implement something like a f...

Placing focus in desired control of subform
I have a SubForm with several textboxes. (txt1, txt2, ...). the Main Form has buttons cmdNext (DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext) and cmdPrev. When I click Next, say, the next record shows as expected and the subform updates as it should. But I'd like the cursor to go back to the same textbox it was in on the previous record. If I'm in txt19 then click cmdNext, I want the cursor to return to txt19. Is this easy to do? thanks -- cinnie You can create a form level static variable and store the name of the control in that variable. In the Current event of the form access the va...

List View with no focus
I want to create a list view whose items could never be selected. Although columns could be clicked to sort and those could be adjusted as well. How could i do that. See your post regarding "List view with no item selection". "Mubashir Khan" wrote: > I want to create a list view whose items could never be selected. Although > columns could be clicked to sort and those could be adjusted as well. How > could i do that. > > > ...

Problem with lost focus in Help Program search box
Whenever help program is first started and after typing text in the search box (by typing over the "Type your question here ...", the BkSp and <- keys do not work unless I first click in the box with the mouse. It seems as though the box has somehow lost focus except that I can enter characters for searching without first clicking in the box. This also happens in Excel, Word, PowerPoint Visio help. Word Help does not do this sometimes. Windows XP Professional, Office 2002 programs Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 Microsoft USB Optical Wheel Mouse It may be a Toshiba problem I...

How to set focus to the previous app that had it?
When my app first starts, it's going to grab the focus. I want to immediately give focus back to the previous app that had it Also, if somebody uses the mouse to interact with my app (drag etc), it will again grab the focus. When the user is done dragging, I'd again like to immediately give focus back to the app it grabbed it from. Any suggestions? Kerry "Kerry" <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BD48F63-F7D5-4EB9-B38A-84A6C357231A@microsoft.com... > When my app first starts, it's going to grab the focus. I want to > immediatel...

How to make the title bars in MDI's MainFrame and ChildFrame narrower?
I want to have as much space for multiple views in MDI application. The title bar for each child frame (plus the title bar for MainFrame itself ) take too much space. I removed the title bar for a child frame by removing WS_CAPTION in window style - however the children/views do not want to tile in this approach. At least, is there any way to squeeze the width to absolute minimum, for both ChildFrame and MainFrame? I use MFC 6.0 on WinXP. You cant get away without painting the Nonclient area yourself if you want to do this. You will need to override NCCalcSize as well. Its a good amou...

Missing Focus Rect
Hi all, I've run into a rather odd problem. I switched to using comctl v6 and my focus rects for pushbuttons (including checkboxes) no longer draw when the focus is received by the control. There isn't anything all that unusual about the code. I'm using Visual Studio 2005 if that is a factor somehow. The application is just native MFC (no .NET). Any idea as to why this is happening? Thanks! ant On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 10:51:02 -0700, ant <ant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >I've run into a rather odd problem. I switched to using comctl v6 ...

getting child windows to focus
Hi all, I'm working on this project in which there is is this parent frame which is of CMDIFrameWnd and it spawns different child windows of CMDIChildWnd object for different purposes. the child windows are created based on need such as 1. one for displaying messages 2. one for displaying monitored data 3. plotting graphs instead of using mfc wizard to create the frames, i did write codes for all these frame. so i don't have any system menu that mfc creates. my problem is when i accidentally touch the scroll bar in the laptop touchpad, i loose all my child windows inside the parent f...

Image out of focus in Publisher 2003
I am having a lot of problems with the new Publisher 2003. (1) I have a rather large (12 meg) file that works fine in Pub 2000. There is a bmp in it that is still sharp in the old version but extremely out of focus in the new. I have tried to reload the image from the old file and it is still out of focus. I have tried to save the old as a jpeg and import into the new with the same results. (2) The same file will not save as a 300 dpi jpeg. The screen is black. It does fine as a 150 dpi. (3) If you select all and copy & paste to Word, it never completes. The program lo...

Removing mainframe border
Folks, I would like to remove the border of my mainframe window in my MDI application. Essentially the look will be very unlike that of typical windows, no frame, no border, no caption, no menu - just black background. I have been successful in removing most of the stuff except the border surrounding mainframe. I have tried a few things so far which obviously have not worked. Setting the style and dwExStyle in the PreCreateWindow(), cs.style = WS_VISIBLE ; cs.dwExStyle &= ~WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE ; Removing the WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE in OnCreate(), ModifyStyleEx(WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE, 0); Obviously...

Shift focus off command button
Hi No matter what I cannot seem to get a subform field (or any control on the parent form for that matter) to take the focus after clicking a cmdbutton (I am doing this from code ie Me.whatever.setfocus . I am using an onclick event.) A TAB or mouse click is required to shift the focus on. The command buttons perform operations on the subform. No doubt I'm tired and being a little dumb but I have never had an issue between other controls. Any ideas? Starry wrote: >No matter what I cannot seem to get a subform field (or any control on the >parent form for that matter) to ...

Main window steals focus from child only when child is being moved
Okay, okay, so I know these groups are "dead" and MS isn't hosting them anymore. I don't care. You all always were more helpful than the forums. I have an MFC Doc/View application that is VERY atypical (It's actually an emulation of another system). But I have a window that controls the application that opens when you press ESC. All works fine. But if I try to move that child window, the main application steals focus after the window has moved ~10 pixels. I've commented out code, and I can't find it. I've tried using Spy, and I can see that ...

How do I set the focus for a field after new (blank) record ?
Hi When I click the "new (blank) record" icon at the bottom of a form, the cursor disappears. How can I make the cursor go to the first field on the form like it does when I first go to the form. Thanks in advance Mark Thornblad Use the form's Current event to run a macro that contains the GoToControl action, and use that to set the focus to the desired field. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> <mthornblad@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d7aa0f3c-adbc-4f30-8e2b-f82b121f5876@a28g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > When I click the "new (bla...

Lose focus on CEdit when mouse click with csplitter active
Could someone explain to me, why when I have a split view with a treeview in one pane and a form in the other pane with cedit controls on it, that when I click on the cedit control I lose focus and then regain focus. This will occur even if the cedit has focus and I click on the cedit again, it will lose focus and the regain focus? View deactiveates and then reactivates, can I stop this? Thanks, EK ...

Maximising mainframe window maximises modelss child windows!
Environment : Windows 2000 , VC++ 6.0 (SP5) , MFC Hello, In my MDI application, a modeless dialog box gets displayed on selecting a particular menu item. The parent of the modeless dialog box is the Mainframe Window. Now in this modeless dialog, a particular action should minimize the models dialog and show the application in a special state and a different cursor, he can exit from this state only after selecting the required parameters, till then the dialog needs to be in the minimized form. This is being achieved by calling the ShowWindow(SW_MINIMIZE); function of the modeless dialog for ...