Execute Procedure on a remote Access Db file

I am trying to open another Access DB from my current Access DB and trying to
execute a SUB programatically. But I get a message that Microsoft Office
Access can't find macro "ParseMnAFileAGH" message. Any help on this is much
appriciated.

Here is my code:

SUB RunMacro()
dim objAccess as Access.Application
Set objAccess=CreateObject("Access.Application")
objAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase ("C:\MnAAH.mdb")
objAccess.docmd.RunMacro "ParseMnAFileAH"
objAccess.DoCmd.Minimize
Set objAccess = Nothing
End sub

"Kumar" <Kumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to open another Access DB from my current Access DB and trying
> execute a SUB programatically. But I get a message that Microsoft Office
> Access can't find macro "ParseMnAFileAGH" message. Any help on this is
> much
> appriciated.
>
> Here is my code:
>
> SUB RunMacro()
> dim objAccess as Access.Application
> Set objAccess=CreateObject("Access.Application")
> objAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase ("C:\MnAAH.mdb")
> objAccess.docmd.RunMacro "ParseMnAFileAH"
> objAccess.DoCmd.Minimize
> Set objAccess = Nothing
> End sub

I don't think that is an exact quote of your code, which makes it harder to
debug for you.  But if "ParseMnAFileAGH" or "ParseMnAFileAH" is the name of
a Sub, then RunMacro can't run it, because a VBA procedure is not a what
Access thinks of as a macro.

I'm not sure if you can call it directly, like this:

    objAccess.ParseMnAFileAH

.... without  setting a reference to the project.  Feel free to try that and
report if it works.  But if it doesn't, you can still probably call the
procedure by name, like this:

    objAccess.Run "ParseMnAFileAH"

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
2/1/2010 12:40:52 AM
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:21:01 -0800, Kumar
<Kumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

I think this code looks OK. One thing to check is the name of the
macro. In your message you're using both ParseMnAFileAGH and
ParseMnAFileAH.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>I am trying to open another Access DB from my current Access DB and trying to
>execute a SUB programatically. But I get a message that Microsoft Office
>Access can't find macro "ParseMnAFileAGH" message. Any help on this is much
>appriciated.
>
>Here is my code:
>
>SUB RunMacro()
>dim objAccess as Access.Application
>Set objAccess=CreateObject("Access.Application")
>objAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase ("C:\MnAAH.mdb")
>objAccess.docmd.RunMacro "ParseMnAFileAH"
>objAccess.DoCmd.Minimize
>Set objAccess = Nothing
>End sub
0
Tom
2/1/2010 12:45:17 AM
Below is a bit of code to do as you ask that I came across a while back and
kept in case it could serve.  Your problem is that you are using the
'.RunMacro' instead of the '.Run' command.  As 'RunMacro' name states, it is
to run a Macro, not a VBA procedure.

Sub ForeignProcedure()

Dim appAccess As Access.Application

' Create instance of Access Application object.
Set appAccess = CreateObject("Access.Application")

' Open MyDatabaseName.mdb database in Microsoft Access window.
appAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase “C:\MyDatabaseName", False
'False so as not to open in exclusive mode
' Run Sub procedure.
appAccess.Run "ForeignProcedureName"
appAccess.Quit
Set appAccess = Nothing

MsgBox "Done!"

End Sub
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault
http://www.cardaconsultants.com/

"Kumar" wrote:

> I am trying to open another Access DB from my current Access DB and trying to
> execute a SUB programatically. But I get a message that Microsoft Office
> Access can't find macro "ParseMnAFileAGH" message. Any help on this is much
> appriciated.
>
> Here is my code:
>
> SUB RunMacro()
> dim objAccess as Access.Application
> Set objAccess=CreateObject("Access.Application")
> objAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase ("C:\MnAAH.mdb")
> objAccess.docmd.RunMacro "ParseMnAFileAH"
> objAccess.DoCmd.Minimize
> Set objAccess = Nothing
> End sub
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 17:45:17 -0700, Tom van Stiphout
<tom7744.no.spam@cox.net> wrote:

Ah, Dirk is right. Your code (once corrected for object name
misspellings) is to execute a macro.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:21:01 -0800, Kumar
><Kumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>I think this code looks OK. One thing to check is the name of the
>macro. In your message you're using both ParseMnAFileAGH and
>ParseMnAFileAH.
>
>-Tom.
>Microsoft Access MVP
>

>>I am trying to open another Access DB from my current Access DB and trying to
>>execute a SUB programatically. But I get a message that Microsoft Office
>>Access can't find macro "ParseMnAFileAGH" message. Any help on this is much
>>appriciated.
>>
>>Here is my code:
>>
>>SUB RunMacro()
>>dim objAccess as Access.Application
>>Set objAccess=CreateObject("Access.Application")
>>objAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase ("C:\MnAAH.mdb")
>>objAccess.docmd.RunMacro "ParseMnAFileAH"
>>objAccess.DoCmd.Minimize
>>Set objAccess = Nothing
>>End sub
0
Tom
2/1/2010 1:07:41 AM
Thanks Tom. The procedure name is correct. The type is in the message. Any
how. I double checked and the procedure name is "ParseMnAFileAH". Still havin
gthe same issue.

"Tom van Stiphout" wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 17:45:17 -0700, Tom van Stiphout
> <tom7744.no.spam@cox.net> wrote:
>
> Ah, Dirk is right. Your code (once corrected for object name
> misspellings) is to execute a macro.
>
> -Tom.
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> >On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:21:01 -0800, Kumar
> ><Kumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> >I think this code looks OK. One thing to check is the name of the
> >macro. In your message you're using both ParseMnAFileAGH and
> >ParseMnAFileAH.
> >
> >-Tom.
> >Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> >>I am trying to open another Access DB from my current Access DB and trying to
> >>execute a SUB programatically. But I get a message that Microsoft Office
> >>Access can't find macro "ParseMnAFileAGH" message. Any help on this is much
> >>appriciated.
> >>
> >>Here is my code:
> >>
> >>SUB RunMacro()
> >>dim objAccess as Access.Application
> >>Set objAccess=CreateObject("Access.Application")
> >>objAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase ("C:\MnAAH.mdb")
> >>objAccess.docmd.RunMacro "ParseMnAFileAH"
> >>objAccess.DoCmd.Minimize
> >>Set objAccess = Nothing
> >>End sub
> .

Thanks for the tip Daniel. I changed the code per your suggestion.
Sub RunMacro()

Dim objAccess As Access.Application

Set objAccess = CreateObject("Access.Application")
objAccess.Visible = False
' Open AH Database
objAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase ("c:\MnAAH.mdb"), False
'Execute AH create Macro
objAccess.Run "ParseMnAFileAH"
objAccess.DoCmd.Minimize
Set objAccess = Nothing

End Sub

And here is the result.
Run-time error '2517':
Microsoft Office Access can't find the procedure 'ParseMnAFileAH.'

BTW: I am using Access 2003.

"Daniel Pineault" wrote:

> Below is a bit of code to do as you ask that I came across a while back and
> kept in case it could serve.  Your problem is that you are using the
> '.RunMacro' instead of the '.Run' command.  As 'RunMacro' name states, it is
> to run a Macro, not a VBA procedure.
>
> Sub ForeignProcedure()
>
> Dim appAccess As Access.Application
>
> ' Create instance of Access Application object.
> Set appAccess = CreateObject("Access.Application")
>
> ' Open MyDatabaseName.mdb database in Microsoft Access window.
> appAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase “C:\MyDatabaseName", False
> 'False so as not to open in exclusive mode
> ' Run Sub procedure.
> appAccess.Run "ForeignProcedureName"
> appAccess.Quit
> Set appAccess = Nothing
>
> MsgBox "Done!"
>
> End Sub
> --
> Hope this helps,
>
> Daniel Pineault
> http://www.cardaconsultants.com/
> For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net
> Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful.
>

> "Kumar" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to open another Access DB from my current Access DB and trying to
> > execute a SUB programatically. But I get a message that Microsoft Office
> > Access can't find macro "ParseMnAFileAGH" message. Any help on this is much
> > appriciated.
> >
> > Here is my code:
> >
> > SUB RunMacro()
> > dim objAccess as Access.Application
> > Set objAccess=CreateObject("Access.Application")
> > objAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase ("C:\MnAAH.mdb")
> > objAccess.docmd.RunMacro "ParseMnAFileAH"
> > objAccess.DoCmd.Minimize
> > Set objAccess = Nothing
> > End sub
Thanks for the suggestion Dirk. But that didn't work. Got compiler error
saying "Method or data member not found"

"Dirk Goldgar" wrote:

> "Kumar" <Kumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to open another Access DB from my current Access DB and trying
> > execute a SUB programatically. But I get a message that Microsoft Office
> > Access can't find macro "ParseMnAFileAGH" message. Any help on this is
> > much
> > appriciated.
> >
> > Here is my code:
> >
> > SUB RunMacro()
> > dim objAccess as Access.Application
> > Set objAccess=CreateObject("Access.Application")
> > objAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase ("C:\MnAAH.mdb")
> > objAccess.docmd.RunMacro "ParseMnAFileAH"
> > objAccess.DoCmd.Minimize
> > Set objAccess = Nothing
> > End sub
>

> I don't think that is an exact quote of your code, which makes it harder to
> debug for you.  But if "ParseMnAFileAGH" or "ParseMnAFileAH" is the name of
> a Sub, then RunMacro can't run it, because a VBA procedure is not a what
> Access thinks of as a macro.
>
> I'm not sure if you can call it directly, like this:
>
>     objAccess.ParseMnAFileAH
>
> .... without  setting a reference to the project.  Feel free to try that and
> report if it works.  But if it doesn't, you can still probably call the
> procedure by name, like this:
>
>     objAccess.Run "ParseMnAFileAH"
>

> --
> Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
> Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html
>
> (please reply to the newsgroup)
>
> .

Where is your procedure located?  In a module, class modules, or a form
module?  Can you paste the entire function?
--

"Kumar" wrote:

> Thanks for the tip Daniel. I changed the code per your suggestion.
> Sub RunMacro()
>
> Dim objAccess As Access.Application
>
> Set objAccess = CreateObject("Access.Application")
> objAccess.Visible = False
> ' Open AH Database
> objAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase ("c:\MnAAH.mdb"), False
> 'Execute AH create Macro
> objAccess.Run "ParseMnAFileAH"
> objAccess.DoCmd.Minimize
> Set objAccess = Nothing
>
> End Sub
>
> And here is the result.
> Run-time error '2517':
> Microsoft Office Access can't find the procedure 'ParseMnAFileAH.'
>
> BTW: I am using Access 2003.
>
> "Daniel Pineault" wrote:
>
> > Below is a bit of code to do as you ask that I came across a while back and
> > kept in case it could serve.  Your problem is that you are using the
> > '.RunMacro' instead of the '.Run' command.  As 'RunMacro' name states, it is
> > to run a Macro, not a VBA procedure.
> >
> > Sub ForeignProcedure()
> >
> > Dim appAccess As Access.Application
> >
> > ' Create instance of Access Application object.
> > Set appAccess = CreateObject("Access.Application")
> >
> > ' Open MyDatabaseName.mdb database in Microsoft Access window.
> > appAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase “C:\MyDatabaseName", False
> > 'False so as not to open in exclusive mode
> > ' Run Sub procedure.
> > appAccess.Run "ForeignProcedureName"
> > appAccess.Quit
> > Set appAccess = Nothing
> >
> > MsgBox "Done!"
> >
> > End Sub
> > --
> > Hope this helps,
> >
> > Daniel Pineault
> > http://www.cardaconsultants.com/
> > For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net
> > Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful.
> >

> > "Kumar" wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to open another Access DB from my current Access DB and trying to
> > > execute a SUB programatically. But I get a message that Microsoft Office
> > > Access can't find macro "ParseMnAFileAGH" message. Any help on this is much
> > > appriciated.
> > >
> > > Here is my code:
> > >
> > > SUB RunMacro()
> > > dim objAccess as Access.Application
> > > Set objAccess=CreateObject("Access.Application")
> > > objAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase ("C:\MnAAH.mdb")
> > > objAccess.docmd.RunMacro "ParseMnAFileAH"
> > > objAccess.DoCmd.Minimize
> > > Set objAccess = Nothing
> > > End sub
' Something to try.
'
' Just don't have the name of the Module
' in MnAAH.mdb the same as Sub ParseMnAFileAH
Sub RunMacro()

    With CreateObject("Access.Application")
        .OpenCurrentDatabase ("C:\MnAAH.mdb")
        .Run "ParseMnAFileAH"
    End With

End Sub

--
A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse.

"Kumar" wrote:

> Thanks Tom. The procedure name is correct. The type is in the message. Any
> how. I double checked and the procedure name is "ParseMnAFileAH". Still havin
> gthe same issue.
>
> "Tom van Stiphout" wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 17:45:17 -0700, Tom van Stiphout
> > <tom7744.no.spam@cox.net> wrote:
> >
> > Ah, Dirk is right. Your code (once corrected for object name
> > misspellings) is to execute a macro.
> >
> > -Tom.
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > >On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:21:01 -0800, Kumar
> > ><Kumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > >
> > >I think this code looks OK. One thing to check is the name of the
> > >macro. In your message you're using both ParseMnAFileAGH and
> > >ParseMnAFileAH.
> > >
> > >-Tom.
> > >Microsoft Access MVP

> > .

It is defined as a sub under module (the procedure is too long to past here).

Thanks.

"Daniel Pineault" wrote:

> Where is your procedure located?  In a module, class modules, or a form
> module?  Can you paste the entire function?
> --
> Hope this helps,
>
> Daniel Pineault
> http://www.cardaconsultants.com/
> For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net
> Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful.
>

> "Kumar" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the tip Daniel. I changed the code per your suggestion.
> > Sub RunMacro()
> >
> > Dim objAccess As Access.Application
> >
> > Set objAccess = CreateObject("Access.Application")
> > objAccess.Visible = False
> > ' Open AH Database
> > objAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase ("c:\MnAAH.mdb"), False
> > 'Execute AH create Macro
> > objAccess.Run "ParseMnAFileAH"
> > objAccess.DoCmd.Minimize
> > Set objAccess = Nothing
> >
> > End Sub
> >
> > And here is the result.
> > Run-time error '2517':
> > Microsoft Office Access can't find the procedure 'ParseMnAFileAH.'
> >
> > BTW: I am using Access 2003.
> >
> > "Daniel Pineault" wrote:
> >
> > > Below is a bit of code to do as you ask that I came across a while back and
> > > kept in case it could serve.  Your problem is that you are using the
> > > '.RunMacro' instead of the '.Run' command.  As 'RunMacro' name states, it is
> > > to run a Macro, not a VBA procedure.
> > >
> > > Sub ForeignProcedure()
> > >
> > > Dim appAccess As Access.Application
> > >
> > > ' Create instance of Access Application object.
> > > Set appAccess = CreateObject("Access.Application")
> > >
> > > ' Open MyDatabaseName.mdb database in Microsoft Access window.
> > > appAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase “C:\MyDatabaseName", False
> > > 'False so as not to open in exclusive mode
> > > ' Run Sub procedure.
> > > appAccess.Run "ForeignProcedureName"
> > > appAccess.Quit
> > > Set appAccess = Nothing
> > >
> > > MsgBox "Done!"
> > >
> > > End Sub
> > > --
> > > Hope this helps,
> > >
> > > Daniel Pineault
> > > http://www.cardaconsultants.com/
> > > For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net
> > > Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful.

Thanks ChrisO. I tried it with your suggestion with the same result. Any
other Ideas?

"ChrisO" wrote:

> ' Something to try.
> '
> ' Just don't have the name of the Module
> ' in MnAAH.mdb the same as Sub ParseMnAFileAH
> Sub RunMacro()
>
>     With CreateObject("Access.Application")
>         .OpenCurrentDatabase ("C:\MnAAH.mdb")
>         .Run "ParseMnAFileAH"
>     End With
>
> End Sub
>
> --
> A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse.
>

> "Kumar" wrote:
>
> > Thanks Tom. The procedure name is correct. The type is in the message. Any
> > how. I double checked and the procedure name is "ParseMnAFileAH". Still havin
> > gthe same issue.
> >
> > "Tom van Stiphout" wrote:
> >
> > > On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 17:45:17 -0700, Tom van Stiphout
> > > <tom7744.no.spam@cox.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ah, Dirk is right. Your code (once corrected for object name
> > > misspellings) is to execute a macro.
> > >
> > > -Tom.
> > > Microsoft Access MVP

> > > .

Are you sure the module name in the remote database is not the same as the
Sub name? I tested it with your names and it worked in A2003.
--

"Kumar" wrote:

> Thanks ChrisO. I tried it with your suggestion with the same result. Any
> other Ideas?
>
> "ChrisO" wrote:
>
> > ' Something to try.
> > '
> > ' Just don't have the name of the Module
> > ' in MnAAH.mdb the same as Sub ParseMnAFileAH
> > Sub RunMacro()
> >
> >     With CreateObject("Access.Application")
> >         .OpenCurrentDatabase ("C:\MnAAH.mdb")
> >         .Run "ParseMnAFileAH"
> >     End With
> >
> > End Sub
> >
> > --
> > A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse.
> >

> > "Kumar" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks Tom. The procedure name is correct. The type is in the message. Any
> > > how. I double checked and the procedure name is "ParseMnAFileAH". Still havin
> > > gthe same issue.

Yes as a matter of fact they are the same (the module name and the SUB name),
is that an issue?

"ChrisO" wrote:

> Are you sure the module name in the remote database is not the same as the
> Sub name? I tested it with your names and it worked in A2003.
> --
> A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse.
>

> "Kumar" wrote:
>
> > Thanks ChrisO. I tried it with your suggestion with the same result. Any
> > other Ideas?
> >
> > "ChrisO" wrote:
> >
> > > ' Something to try.
> > > '
> > > ' Just don't have the name of the Module
> > > ' in MnAAH.mdb the same as Sub ParseMnAFileAH
> > > Sub RunMacro()
> > >
> > >     With CreateObject("Access.Application")
> > >         .OpenCurrentDatabase ("C:\MnAAH.mdb")
> > >         .Run "ParseMnAFileAH"
> > >     End With
> > >
> > > End Sub
> > >
> > > --
> > > A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse.

Only if you want it to work.

Try changing the Module name to something different.

Also while you are at it, did you declare the Sub as: -

Private Sub ParseMnAFileAH()

If so remove the word Private.

--

"Kumar" wrote:

> Yes as a matter of fact they are the same (the module name and the SUB name),
> is that an issue?
>
> "ChrisO" wrote:
>
> > Are you sure the module name in the remote database is not the same as the
> > Sub name? I tested it with your names and it worked in A2003.
> > --
> > A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse.
> >

> > "Kumar" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks ChrisO. I tried it with your suggestion with the same result. Any
> > > other Ideas?

ChrisO, you are a good man. I got is, when I changed my SUB name to something
other than the module name, it worked.
Keep up the good work my friend and thank you.

"ChrisO" wrote:

> Are you sure the module name in the remote database is not the same as the
> Sub name? I tested it with your names and it worked in A2003.
> --
> A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse.
>

> "Kumar" wrote:
>
> > Thanks ChrisO. I tried it with your suggestion with the same result. Any
> > other Ideas?
> >
> > "ChrisO" wrote:
> >
> > > ' Something to try.
> > > '
> > > ' Just don't have the name of the Module
> > > ' in MnAAH.mdb the same as Sub ParseMnAFileAH
> > > Sub RunMacro()
> > >
> > >     With CreateObject("Access.Application")
> > >         .OpenCurrentDatabase ("C:\MnAAH.mdb")
> > >         .Run "ParseMnAFileAH"
> > >     End With
> > >
> > > End Sub
> > >
> > > --
> > > A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse.

I assume you mean you changed the Module name.

Glad it works.

--

"Kumar" wrote:

> ChrisO, you are a good man. I got is, when I changed my SUB name to something
> other than the module name, it worked.
> Keep up the good work my friend and thank you.
>
> "ChrisO" wrote:
>
> > Are you sure the module name in the remote database is not the same as the
> > Sub name? I tested it with your names and it worked in A2003.
> > --
> > A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse.
> >

> > "Kumar" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks ChrisO. I tried it with your suggestion with the same result. Any
> > > other Ideas?

Daniel, thank you. I found the problem. The My posted code is fine, but in my
remote database i named both the module and SUB name same . WHen I changed
the SUB name it worked like a chard. Thank you for your help for getting me
to that point. Regards.

"Daniel Pineault" wrote:

> Where is your procedure located?  In a module, class modules, or a form
> module?  Can you paste the entire function?
> --
> Hope this helps,
>
> Daniel Pineault
> http://www.cardaconsultants.com/
> For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net
> Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful.
>

> "Kumar" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the tip Daniel. I changed the code per your suggestion.
> > Sub RunMacro()
> >
> > Dim objAccess As Access.Application
> >
> > Set objAccess = CreateObject("Access.Application")
> > objAccess.Visible = False
> > ' Open AH Database
> > objAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase ("c:\MnAAH.mdb"), False
> > 'Execute AH create Macro
> > objAccess.Run "ParseMnAFileAH"
> > objAccess.DoCmd.Minimize
> > Set objAccess = Nothing
> >
> > End Sub
> >
> > And here is the result.
> > Run-time error '2517':
> > Microsoft Office Access can't find the procedure 'ParseMnAFileAH.'
> >
> > BTW: I am using Access 2003.
> >
> > "Daniel Pineault" wrote:
> >
> > > Below is a bit of code to do as you ask that I came across a while back and
> > > kept in case it could serve.  Your problem is that you are using the
> > > '.RunMacro' instead of the '.Run' command.  As 'RunMacro' name states, it is
> > > to run a Macro, not a VBA procedure.
> > >
> > > Sub ForeignProcedure()
> > >
> > > Dim appAccess As Access.Application
> > >
> > > ' Create instance of Access Application object.
> > > Set appAccess = CreateObject("Access.Application")
> > >
> > > ' Open MyDatabaseName.mdb database in Microsoft Access window.
> > > appAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase “C:\MyDatabaseName", False
> > > 'False so as not to open in exclusive mode
> > > ' Run Sub procedure.
> > > appAccess.Run "ForeignProcedureName"
> > > appAccess.Quit
> > > Set appAccess = Nothing
> > >
> > > MsgBox "Done!"
> > >
> > > End Sub
> > > --
> > > Hope this helps,
> > >
> > > Daniel Pineault
> > > http://www.cardaconsultants.com/
> > > For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net
> > > Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful.

Access 2003 Frontend and 2007 Backend
Can an Access 2003 frontend connect to a 2007 backend? Or will this potentially corrupt data? ...

cant turn off navigation pane access 2007..
I uncheck the start-up option in Access 2007 to Display Navigation Pane, then close and re-open, and Pane is still there. The box is still unchecked when I go back into, and I'm not running any other start-up code, etc... any ideas? thx! It sounds like you have followed the same steps outlined here: http://accessjunkie.com/faq_37.aspx My only guess is that your database has some slight corruption, so this property setting is not being saved correctly. Try creating a new Access database and importing all objects into it. I give explicit instructions, for Access 2003 and earlier...

Write Hex to Output File in MFC
Hi All: I need to generate a file using MFC which is Unicoded. In other words, I need to have a file that has '16-bit hex coding' showing in the file when I open it thru notepad Problem: Even though I store the string in 16-bit format, when I write it into the file, it still displays it as ascii. I need to see '16-bit Hex' instead of the ascii. I am using the following code. The output in the file is "hello". Instead, I want to see "0x0048 0x0065 0x006C 0x006C 0x006F". I am using the following code. wchar_t rashid2[] =_T(L"Hello"); HAND...

problem with ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add for text file
I am using ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add in Excel 2003 to import space-delimited text into a worksheet. The import works, but when I re-execute the macro with ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add to import new data into the same sheet, all references to that sheet get shifted (i.e., what was a reference to cell B1 of the sheet with the imported data becomes a reference to cell C1. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks ...

Missing file
I'm getting an error message telling me I'm missing C:\Windows\system 32\mshtml.hlp. How can I get a copy of the file? The message appears whenever I try to save a picture from a newsgroup. Jeff -- "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." Richard Feynman Nobel Prize Physicist IE version? Jeff Stanton wrote: > I'm getting an error message telling me I'm missing C:\Windows\system > 32\mshtml.hlp. How can I get a copy of the file? The message appears > whenever I try to save a picture from a newsgrou...

copy an access report to word
I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. Right-click the table name > click Export... > select Rich Text Format as your Save as type: > Enter the file name if necessary > click Export "LD41" wrote: > I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. ...

Priv DB much larger than expected
Hello, I recently migrated to 2003 from 5.5. Looking at the size of the mailboxes and comparing with the size of the DB, I can't figure out how it can be taking up such an enormous amount of space. How is the size calculated? How can I shrink it? Thanks, Chad Try doing an offline eseutil /d. From observing our public folder migration, if you did one of these your private store is probably similar in size to the public store. I think that the public folder migration/sychronization is done through a series of e-mails through the private store and the store will grow and not shrin...

Proper Backup Procedure
I have GP 9.0 SP-2 running on SQL 2005 SP-2 on an HP Server. Can anybody recommed the proper backup procedure using ntbackup for the whole system. I also have Symantec Backup Exec 12 with SQL Agent. Thanks! Hi Create_share in My opinion, with your setup i would do the following: 1) create an SQL maintainance plan that backed up all of you DB's on a nightly basis. This solves 2 issues, it commits the transaction logs and it also creates a backup of the DB as file. 2) backup the backup files created by the SQL maintenance plan. you can put this on tape or another secure location. ...

Access Modules Won't Run Now
I moved my database file from one computer to another. Now, my code is not executing. For example, I have some code that is supposed to run when a field "gets focus (i.e. On Got Focus)". It is not working. Since I am in Microsoft Access 2007, I went to the "Office Button" and then clicked the "Access Button" then went to the "Trust Center" Option and clicked on the "Trust Center Settings..." button. I then went to the "Macro Settings" and changed the setting to "Enable all macros...". However, this had no impact on run...

Excel file takes a long time to save
I have a 1,000 x 15 straight worksheet with no formulas - about 100K. I went to auto-format a pattern, but didn't select the area and if formatted the entire spreadsheet. It's since gone from 5 seconds to 60 seconds per save and I can't reverse this, even by changing the auto-format setting to "none." I'm backed-up, but the current version is about three hours ahead and it will take longer to retrace the work by hand. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ben Try resetting the last used cell. Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Un...

Emailing Question from my DB
Presently I have a this code to email my Report when I close it, Is there any way that I can code my Batch Report to email remembering each report may have a different email address?? Below Is my Print Batch Invoice & My emailing code for single Report ------------------------------------------- Case "PrintInvoiceBatch" If IsNull(tbDateFrom.value) Or tbDateFrom.value = "" Or IsNull(tbDateTo.value) Or tbDateTo.value = "" Then MsgBox "Please Enter the Begining Date and End Date.", vbApplicationModal + vbInform...

Autocomplete File Editor for NK2 file
Whew, At first I started writing to each person with a problem about this utility that I found to open and edit the NK2 file. I didn't know there would be so many so I thought I'd post this. The utility is called Owtlook File Editor It can be found at www.dcs-imaging.com/products.htm Good luck ...

SQL 2005 Saving Stored Procedures and Saving / Implementation
I am not totally familiar with the proper terminology and I really appreciate help with the following problem: My two databases, originally from a third party, have over 250 stored procedures each. I have changed about 150 of them in one database. Due to the testing and implementation requirements of the application, I need to save these stored procedures from the one database, restore the two databases according to what I received from the third party, and then implement my stored procedure changes onto the two restored databases. Any suggestions as to easiest and most foolpro...

Stored procedure wont insert Fields, RadioButtonLists and CheckBox
Hello Community I have a CheckBox and a RadioButtonList and fields on an aspx web page form. I pass the fields on the form to a method that creates the parameters and executes a stored procedure and the stored procedure is supposed to insert this information as a row into a table. For some reason the stored procedure executes but the row does not get inserted. I can’t see why the row doesn’t get inserted especially since I put BreakPoints in the code all along the way and I see the values just as they get passed into the stored procedure but maybe someone looking at this ...

Remote users
Hi, does anyone know if there is a white paper available for Sales for Outlook and remote users, i.e. what is the recomended broadband connection speed for users connecting from a remote location and how long will it take to syncronize their data (average user)? To my knowledge, there is not a writeup that covers this. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:22:43 +1000, "Marlen" <m_fowler31@hotmail.com> wrote: Hi, does anyone know if there is a white paper available for Sales for Outlook and remo...

save only filtered results to csv/txt file
Excel 2000, Win98SE. I need to filter an xls file and then save only what is shown to a csv/txt file. The master xls file has new data added in a single import each day. Then I will have to filter the file 2 or 3 ways and save the filtered results to seperate csv/txt files, so I need to streamline the process. Also is there a means, comparable to scenarios, that I can use to set up different filtering combinations and then easily switch between them? Suggestions welcome. Thanks. -- Igor Igor You should be able to copy and paste the data to a new workbook and save that. Alternative...

Excell2003 (SP-1) File > Save and File > Save As.. grayed out
Got a user who has Excell2003 and cannot File > Save or File > Save As... He can, however, ctrl-s to save spreadsheets. Any ideas? I"m clueless. JM ...

Microsoft File Password Recovery
Hi All A friend and I at work have a file that we cannot open because it was password protected and we can't remember the password. Is someone able to recommend some free file open password breaker software? Otherwise, could I send the file to someone to open the file? For clarity, it is not within the excel worksheet or workbook, it is a password to open the excel file! With thanks Nick well if it was a workbook/sheet password, i'd say www.straxx.com as it' a free password add-in, very effective too. but if it's not one o those passwords, what is it? external? v...

Multi-User Excel File on a Network Drive
How can I make an Excel file accessible to multiple users concurrently? With all able to make and save changes to the same file. Thanks, Mike "Mike" wrote > How can I make an Excel file accessible to multiple > users concurrently? With all able to make and save > changes to the same file. Tools / Share Workbook Jordon ...

How do I Insert 2C Mac EPS file into Publisher ?
In commercial printing we get a lot of logo's and other art that is created as a Mac EPS and I cannot seem to insert it into Publisher. What are the correct steps for doing this and for it to display. According to Pub 2003, you need a graphics filter to insert .eps files. The following is copied directly from the Help file: The Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) graphics filter (Epsimp32.flt) supports the Adobe Systems Encapsulated PostScript Specification versions 3.0 and earlier. The filter supports .eps images from Tagged Image File Format (.tif, .tiff) (Tagged Image File Format (TIF...

Multiple database files created
I have an Access 2007 database that resides on our company's server. The database tracks incoming and outgoing shipments and is used by several employees throughout the day. I've noticed that in the folder where the database resides several additional database files are created throughout the day with names like database.mdb, database1.mdb, database2.mdb, etc. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? The database was created with Access 2007 using the 2003 mdb file format, as most of the end users have Office 2003 applications. Ken Warthen kenwarthen@gmail.com 1. Turn off...

Public Folder File sizes
Hi We have a system whereby files from our students are routed to a public folder, so that everyone in the office can see them. However some of our more unenlightened students seem to be trying to send in emails with 9Mb attachments. (AGHHHH) The odd thing is that if they send them to a persobal mailbox, they seem to get thropugh, but if theu send them to a public folder, Exchange cant handle them, or at least we can see them being received, but then they are not delivered to the public folder. Is there something i need to do to get round this please? Thanks A Do you have Maximu...

Remote Billing
A customer has been using SOP for a number of years. They now want the salesmen to be able to enter invoices remotely. The solution will need to be a wireless one since they will be moving around from customer to customer. They would prefer to use Tablet PC's or some kind of hand held device since they are smaller than laptops. Can anyone recommend a solution? Are there any restrictions on the types of devices and operating systems that can place orders through eOrder? Can a device running Windows CE or Windows Tablet PC be used reliably with eOrder? Thanks "news.microsoft....

Finding Time of idle remote sessions(RDP) in windows XP
Hi, Is there any way i can find the time of idle remote session(RDP) in windows XP using powershell. Please help! Hi Rajeev, Plain TS or XenApp\Citrix? Martin "Rajeev" <s.rajeev3@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b4c8b150-79ff-4f0b-8d90-a13118c8eeda@z4g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is there any way i can find the time of idle remote session(RDP) in > windows XP using powershell. > > Please help! Its plain TS, using RDP In that case you should use Win32_LogonSession class and filter LogonType 10: http://msdn.microsoft....

my file still exists but is blank please help
I had a virus completely delete a file in my microsoft word 2000. It's old and I don't know what to do. The file name is still there but the text is blank, and I've tried several recovery progrms that haven't retrived it. Was hoping someone knew if word has its own back to retrieve things from and how to use it If the contents have been overwritten (and it certainly seems as if that is the case), there isn't anything you can do, I'm afraid. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "hanna" <hanna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...