Dates are not displayed in ComboBox

I have a From ComboBox and a To ComboBox on a Form; cboFrom and cboTo.  The
Row Source is this:
SELECT DISTINCT SharePrices.DateTime FROM SharePrices ORDER BY
SharePrices.DateTime;

The SQL is this:
SELECT DISTINCT SharePrices.DateTime
FROM SharePrices
ORDER BY SharePrices.DateTime;

Nothing is showing in either ComboBox; all I see is a whole bunch of blanks.
 I just did this in another form in another Access database.  I can’t figure
out why it’s not working for me now.  I’m using Access 2007.

I’d sincerely appreciate any insight with this.

Thanks!
Ryan

--
Ryan---

Hi ryguy7272,

in the properties of your combos check the column count that must be at
least 1 and the column widths that must be <>0.

HTH Paolo

"ryguy7272" wrote:

> I have a From ComboBox and a To ComboBox on a Form; cboFrom and cboTo.  The
> Row Source is this:
> SELECT DISTINCT SharePrices.DateTime FROM SharePrices ORDER BY
> SharePrices.DateTime;
>
> The SQL is this:
> SELECT DISTINCT SharePrices.DateTime
> FROM SharePrices
> ORDER BY SharePrices.DateTime;
>
> Nothing is showing in either ComboBox; all I see is a whole bunch of blanks.
>  I just did this in another form in another Access database.  I can’t figure
> out why it’s not working for me now.  I’m using Access 2007.
>
> I’d sincerely appreciate any insight with this.
>
> Thanks!
> Ryan
>

> --
> Ryan---
> If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''.
Ah!  That was it!  My Column Count was set ti 1, which was fine, but my
Column Widths were 0";1", which was not right.  I changed Column Widths to
1", and it works fine now.  Thanks so much!!
Ryan--

--
Ryan---

"Paolo" wrote:

> Hi ryguy7272,
>
> in the properties of your combos check the column count that must be at
> least 1 and the column widths that must be <>0.
>
> HTH Paolo
>
> "ryguy7272" wrote:
>
> > I have a From ComboBox and a To ComboBox on a Form; cboFrom and cboTo.  The
> > Row Source is this:
> > SELECT DISTINCT SharePrices.DateTime FROM SharePrices ORDER BY
> > SharePrices.DateTime;
> >
> > The SQL is this:
> > SELECT DISTINCT SharePrices.DateTime
> > FROM SharePrices
> > ORDER BY SharePrices.DateTime;
> >
> > Nothing is showing in either ComboBox; all I see is a whole bunch of blanks.
> >  I just did this in another form in another Access database.  I can’t figure
> > out why it’s not working for me now.  I’m using Access 2007.
> >
> > I’d sincerely appreciate any insight with this.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Ryan
> >

> > --
> > Ryan---
> > If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''.

count between a date range
Hi, I want to be able to count between a date range and return the value yes. I will show you the formula I currently have: =IF(M2>=DateCell-365,"Yes","No") This gives a yes if the date is greater than the date in M2 minus 365. This however cincludes all the dates beyond M2 which isnt what I want. I want the dates upto M2. If that makes sense? Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Try.. =IF(M2>=datecell-DATE(1,0,0),"Yes","No") -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Dave" wrote: > Hi, I want to be able to count be...

Help with Dates
Hi all, I have a table with field name "ConnectionDate". I want to create a form with ComboBox that will show the "ConnectionDate" as month and year only. The value the user will choose will be a criteria for a query. Please help. TIA, Tom ?Format(Date,"mmyyyy") would return 112007 so, SELECT Format(ConnectionDate,"mmyyyy") AS ConnectDate FROM SomeTable -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Tom" wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a table with field name "ConnectionDate". > I want to create a form with ComboBox tha...

Display As = File as & (address in parens)
I just moved all my contacts into a new .pst file (I'm using OL 2003) and something changed. I USED TO have "Display As" show only the person's name, and not the person's name PLUS the email address in parens as the default does. In other words, default would show "JOHN SMITH (johnsmith@aol.com)". But when I created all those entries, I changed them to show only "JOHN SMITH". In my new file, Outlook has changed all my "Display As" entries to the default: name AND email address. It's not how I want it, so I'm hoping there'...

Converting Dates from YYMMDD to MMDDYYYY
Hi All; I'm looking for a format function that will convert a date in the text format of YYMMDD to text format of MMDDYYYY. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance! You can't do it using a Format function, but try: Function SwitchDateFormat(YYMMDD As String) As String Dim strDay As String Dim strMonth As String Dim strYear As String If Len(YYMMDD) = 6 Then strYear = Left$(YYMMDD, 2) strMonth = Mid$(YYMMDD, 3, 2) strDay = Right$(YYMMDD, 2) If strYear < "30" Then strYear = "19" & strYear Else strYear =...

Money 2006 Investment Account balance display
I have two Investment Accounts (401k) in Money 2006 Deluxe. For some reason, Money stopped displaying the account totals on the Account List page. It used to show the account balances and the subtotal for all of my investment accounts. Additionally, I now notice that each account now has a second account with the same name, but has the word "Contributions" added in parenthesis. This seems to be new as well. The data in the accounts still seems alright. My investment subtotal on the Account list page shows a zero balance and there is no balance listed for the accounts the...

Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field.
Hi, Sub: Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field. has anyone assigned 'Today date'( new Date()) to a custom date filed on the form - OnChange of a Picklist field, I have the following code. DatefiledName.value = new Date(); This assigns, currect date to the field, but then when I save it does not like it. When I manually assign a date it displays in the format mm/dd/yyyy, and saves correctly, so I changed the script to: d= new Date(); s = d.(getMonth() +1); s += '/' + d.getDate(); s += '/' + d.getFullYear(); DatefiledName.value = s; This also acc...

Outlook 2000
I'm having a strange Outlook issue and cannot figure it out for the life of me. Our mail server is Exchange 5.5 (can't recall the SP right now), and the Client is Outlook 2000 SR-1. The user can view his primary email box without any troubles, but also has access to another Exchange email box. He can view every folder in it except the Sent Items. The error it returns is "Unable to display the folder". What's strange is he can view the subfolder in Sent Items, no problem. I've configured his email on a different PC, and everything shows up fine, so I know ...

Embedded Pictures received from Others do not display in outlook.
I recently switched to Outlook from Outlook Express. When e-mails are received with embedded pictures, they display properly in Outlook Express but do not display at all in Outlook. Is this related to a security setting in Outlook that I can change to allow these pictures to be displayed? PLEASE HELP!!!! Jim <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently switched to Outlook from Outlook Express. When e-mails are > received with embedded pictures, they display properly in Outlook > Express but do not display at all in Outlook. > > Is this related to a securi...

number changes to date ... how do I change
I am trying to do an "age" range: 1-9 10-19 20-29 Instead I get September 9, 2004 or October 19 I can't figure out how to change it. Please help! Thank you! kk Format->Cells->Number Change the type to Text, and it should keep everything the way you want it. If you don't specify a type, Excel takes a guess based on what you enter. Hope that helps. -Bob --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Automatic date/time aquisition for graphs
Ok, I collect particle count data for a cleanroom which looks like th following: "LASAIR110","04/05/19","15:47:41",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,433,486,236,113,294,196,103,328,4.993,1.0000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,"22de" "LASAIR110","04/05/19","16:33:15",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,458,432,163,55,107,55,46,139,5.007,1.0000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,2299 "LASAIR110","04/05/19","17:18:49",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,305,286,76,29,14,1,0,0,5.017,1.0000,0.000...

Date Range
When I use the following macro, what reference range is being employed that makes certain decisions for the conversion? For example, when I have a date of 1/12/46, this converts to January 12, 1946, not January 12, 2046; when I have a date of 1/14/20, this converts to January 14, 2020, not January 14, 1920; when I have a date of 2/3//10 this converts to February 3, 2010 not February 3, 1910??? Seems like this was only project so far into the future. I haven't tried all numbers but once you reach that boundary it assigns the 20th century to any number there and above. Su...

Calculating Date Fields
I have a document that is filled with FormFields and users go from field to field filling the fields for a final document. I have been reading up on 'calculated dates' but have not seen a scenario like this. Three of my formfields are "Date1", "Date2" and "Date180." What I am trying to figure out is how to evaluate/compare Date1 and Date2 to see which is the earliest and then provide in Date180 the date 180 days from the earliest date. (Unless the form is blank there will always be a Date1, but there may not be a Date2 and if Date2 exist...

Need to convert Julian Day to Gregorian date
I have a table that has a year field and day field. I only need to convert the day field which is a Julian date to Gregorian. If possible in a query. If not then in a module, but, I'm real rusty with access so please give explicit instructions. I have found some codes but have not been able to make them work with the table, I'm sure its me. Thanks for any help you can provide me with. There are loads of examples out there. The simplist one I could find that works is SELECT DatePart("y",[TableName]![FieldName])+(Year(Now())-1900)*1000 AS NewDate FROM TableName; -- ...

Custom or conditional format to highlight today's date?
Using Excel 2002, I have all 365 days of the year listed in column B, formatted as "03/14/01". When i open the workbook, I would like the current date to be bold and red. Can I do this with a conditional format? I have tried =Today with no success. Thanks Tonso "Tonso" <wthomasss@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:13885af2-777c-43ff-9684-1b5bda8d95d6@o6g2000yql.googlegroups.com... > Using Excel 2002, I have all 365 days of the year listed in column B, > formatted as "03/14/01". When i open the workbook, I would like the > current date to b...

"Display Map of Address" not working...
Hi - noticed this on two machines, one XP and the other WIN2K, both running Outlook 2003. When I click on "Display Map of Address" for a contact, a browser window opens, but it cannot connect to the web site it uses, which i believe is expedia maps; so the page is just empty. I've used this feature a lot in the past without problems, and have never had mappoint installed on either machine. I also found this problem when trying two separate browsers as the default. Given that i'm seeing the issue on two separate machines, thinking it's some sort of more global issue...

Excel formula with date constraints
Could use some help with the following: I created a spreadsheet to track payments made to contractors. In this spreadsheet I have a simple formula that tells when the payment has to be made based on the date it was rec'd from the contractor and adding on the payment terms. Now what I have to do is add in some date constraints. Our paying office only processes payments between certain windows during the month. Lets say that for this month the payment window closes Jan 27th to Feb 2nd. What I need to do is if after someone enters the date the payment is rec'd and the 14 days is ...

Multiple display names for one user?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C42D19.8EED3880 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is this possible? We have a few people that I like to call "special" = who seem to have some identity problems. These people have a first = name, middle name and a nick name. Well they don't like the fact that = their email shows up as their legal name, but they still want it there = incase people use it. So what we have ended up doing is creating = multiple logins and email accounts th...

Mail Merge Date Format Problem
Trying to merge in data from an Excel spreadsheet but when the date goes in, it is in US format rather than english format, i.e 08/31/04 rather than 31/08/04. Tried changing the format in Excel first which doesn't work and my PC is set up with UK date as standard. Any ideas how I can change it? Cheers Nick Hi Nick (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Trying to merge in data from an Excel spreadsheet but when || the date goes in, it is in US format rather than english || format, i.e 08/31/04 rather than 31/08/04. Tried changing || the format in E...

auto display name in shared calendar
We have set up a shared calendar in the Excahnge public folder area on which each employee will begin to record when they are in/out - on vacation etc... This will enable staff to determine who is available and who is not when phone calls come in for them etc... It seems to work fine except that when you create a calendar entry, you always have to enter your name - so that others will know who the entry is for. Is there any way to set it up so that when you create a calendar entry, your name is automatically displayed as the creator of the item on the calendar entry?? Thanks, Brad ...

sum of dates
I have a list of sales with dates, like 23-Mar-00. I would like to add up how many sales were made in the year 2001. I know this is probably very easy but I am new at this. Thanks for your help. Brent ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ =SUMPRODUCT((YEAR(date_range)=2003)*1,sales_range) Jerry debtless wrote: > I have a list of sales with dates, like 23-Mar-00. I would like to add > up how many sales were made in the year 2001. I know this is proba...

summing a column gives me a date
I have a worksheet with each month listed on the columns. I have each row totaled out, and wish to total expenditures for the month. But when I do, I get a date, and not a numerical value - which is what I want. What am I doing wrong. Without seeing the formula, it is impossible to give a meaningful reply. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com [email on web site] On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 15:13:01 -0800, jimfitegcs <jimfitegcs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a worksheet with each month listed on...

Search records with dates, then Group by month
I'm writing a macro that searches a spreadsheet for dates. I want to find records that are associated with a certain month. The dates in the spreadsheet are in the mmddyyyy format. How can I write code that would recognize any date within a given month and return true. For example, 7/12/2007 or 7/2/2007 would both return "true" for the month of July. 5/5/2007 or 5/27/2007 would return "true" for May, etc. thanks You could use the Autofilter to give you a LessthanGreaterthan range. Otherwise, keying just on Months, you would get May06, May07, etc if your datab...

Auto detect the range depending up on the input date.
Hi All, I have an excel as below. If I give the date as input, suppose 6/1/2009, excel should do a count if function with the range starting from the 1st cell below the input date till the next date in the dates column. I am confused, please help. 6/1/2009 N New 291420 Roger N New 291425 Fred N New 291427 Lisa N New 291532 Lima N New 291741 Lisa N New 291531 Roger N New 291494 Roger 6/2/2009 N New 291532 Lima N New 291741 Lisa N New 291531 Roger N New 291494 Roger 6/3/2009 Thanks, S Where do you give the date as input? In the same sheet? ...

dates and times #2
I hope someone can help me with this problem, and new to the forum. I my sheet col A is a list of dates and col B is a list of referenc numbers col c is a start time and col d is an end time. Each date ca have a number of reference numbers associated with it. Is it possibl for excel to find the earliest start and latest finish time? if this i possible is it also possible to specify times -- aav ----------------------------------------------------------------------- aavm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2556 View this thread: http://www.excelforum...

Counting dates within a range
I have a large database of ~10,000 dated and timed entries. Each entry represents the date and time of a hospital admission. I would like to know for each entry, how many other events took place within 24 hours. I am trying to figure out how many hospital admission happened in the 12 hours prior to and after each admission to estimate the daily admission rate more accurately than just by calendar day. I have tried =COUNTIFS(AV:AV,"<="&(AV2+0.5),AV:AV,">="&(AV2-0.5)) Where AV is the column of all dates, and AV2 is the date in question. This fo...