Dates are not displayed in ComboBox

I have a From ComboBox and a To ComboBox on a Form; cboFrom and cboTo.  The
Row Source is this:
SELECT DISTINCT SharePrices.DateTime FROM SharePrices ORDER BY
SharePrices.DateTime;

The SQL is this:
SELECT DISTINCT SharePrices.DateTime
FROM SharePrices
ORDER BY SharePrices.DateTime;

Nothing is showing in either ComboBox; all I see is a whole bunch of blanks.
 I just did this in another form in another Access database.  I can’t figure
out why it’s not working for me now.  I’m using Access 2007.

I’d sincerely appreciate any insight with this.

Thanks!
Ryan

--
Ryan---

Hi ryguy7272,

in the properties of your combos check the column count that must be at
least 1 and the column widths that must be <>0.

HTH Paolo

"ryguy7272" wrote:

> I have a From ComboBox and a To ComboBox on a Form; cboFrom and cboTo.  The
> Row Source is this:
> SELECT DISTINCT SharePrices.DateTime FROM SharePrices ORDER BY
> SharePrices.DateTime;
>
> The SQL is this:
> SELECT DISTINCT SharePrices.DateTime
> FROM SharePrices
> ORDER BY SharePrices.DateTime;
>
> Nothing is showing in either ComboBox; all I see is a whole bunch of blanks.
>  I just did this in another form in another Access database.  I can’t figure
> out why it’s not working for me now.  I’m using Access 2007.
>
> I’d sincerely appreciate any insight with this.
>
> Thanks!
> Ryan
>

> --
> Ryan---
> If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''.
Ah!  That was it!  My Column Count was set ti 1, which was fine, but my
Column Widths were 0";1", which was not right.  I changed Column Widths to
1", and it works fine now.  Thanks so much!!
Ryan--

--
Ryan---

"Paolo" wrote:

> Hi ryguy7272,
>
> in the properties of your combos check the column count that must be at
> least 1 and the column widths that must be <>0.
>
> HTH Paolo
>
> "ryguy7272" wrote:
>
> > I have a From ComboBox and a To ComboBox on a Form; cboFrom and cboTo.  The
> > Row Source is this:
> > SELECT DISTINCT SharePrices.DateTime FROM SharePrices ORDER BY
> > SharePrices.DateTime;
> >
> > The SQL is this:
> > SELECT DISTINCT SharePrices.DateTime
> > FROM SharePrices
> > ORDER BY SharePrices.DateTime;
> >
> > Nothing is showing in either ComboBox; all I see is a whole bunch of blanks.
> >  I just did this in another form in another Access database.  I can’t figure
> > out why it’s not working for me now.  I’m using Access 2007.
> >
> > I’d sincerely appreciate any insight with this.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Ryan
> >

> > --
> > Ryan---
> > If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''.

Task
Since I installed XP, I have not been able to eliminate future tasks (those occurring anytime after today) from Task list appearing in my Outlook Today. I would like this Task listing to show previous uncompleted tasks in red (as it does now) and then only those tasks I have listed for completion Today -- not all the tasks and reminders I have into eternity. Thanks for the Help ...

Year-To-Date Query or Report
Does anyone have information on where I can find or how to do a YTD query or report? Thanks, Ron Here's a starting point: Subquery basics: Year to date at: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html#YTD -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "rwr" <rwr@robcom.com> wrote in message news:%23yz6K72aHHA.4396@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Does anyone have information on where I can find or how to do a YTD > query or report? > &g...

Newbie Question, Displaying scaled measurement while drawing a lin
Hello, I'm trying to find a setting to allow Visio to show the scaled measurement as I draw a line. As I draw the line, I'd like to see the value change with line length. I'm guessing I'm not looking in the right spot. Thanks for any help! Tim On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 10:50:01 -0800, TheTW <TheTW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I'm trying to find a setting to allow Visio to show the scaled measurement >as I draw a line. As I draw the line, I'd like to see the value change with >line length. > >I'm guessing I'm not loo...

How do I concatenate two columns when one is in date format?
I am trying to combine two columns using =concatenate. One of them is a column of dates. When I execute the formula the returned value changes my date into a text number. How do i maintain the date value? Within the CONCATENATE() function, instead of referring to the date cell alone, refer to it by nesting the TEXT() function. For instance: if your date cell is A1 and you're concatenating it with cell B1, your formula would look something like this: =CONCATENATE(TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yyyy"),B1) You may need to change the arguments of the TEXT function to fit your specific applic...

Subtracting dates to get hours... but I want to skip weekends
In column A I have start times (DD/MM/YY HH/MM/SS) and in column B I have the stop times. I am measuring the hours from the difference of these columns for each row, in column C. However, I would like to exclude weekends from the subtraction. I.e Friday 5 pm is the start time, Monday 8 am is the stop time, then the difference would be 15 hours instead of 63 hours. I know how to convert the fractions returned from the difference, into hours/minutes/days, and I also know how to convert dates to "day of week", so unless you guys know of a good idea I was just going to sort the file...

MEET & DATE MORE LADIES EASILY (Proven) ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

date of monday of each week automatically
Code ------------------- =TODAY()-WEEKDAY(TODAY() ------------------- I have the above code which gets the date for the monday of the week i to a cell, if you open the file in that week. However I thought once i was saved, then it would stay the same, however, it keeps gettin overwritten. I want to get it to remain as the date it captures fo that week. The only idea i can think of is : 1.Create the date using vba. 2.Make a button to insert it when creating the document. Is this the quickest, easiest way? I was hoping that no manua interference would be needed. Thanks for any help ...

Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage, after install of ap
My company has an ASP.net 1.1 site that is used by our representatives/customers. The site is and has been working fine for all of our users untill recently, a handfull of users have all reported the same behavior. They go to the site and all is fine untill they click a link to view one of their orders, which is a dynamic link based on the user's login. when they click on said link they get the Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage error. We have determined that the users experiencing this issue have all also udated another vendors software, this software is a w...

Automatically enter date and time but only update once.
I have a workbook that contains 14 sheets. I have a sheet for each month followed by 2 sheets for information. Each Month sheet has the following column headings associated from columns A through J:- Owner; from date; number of days; to date, address, ID, month, input by; date; time. I have to input data in columns A, B, C E, H, I and J. Columns A and H are pick lists. I have formulas in the following columns:- Column C: =IF(ISBLANK(Cnn),"",+Bnn+Cnn) Column F: =IF(ISBLANK(Enn),"",+Fnn+1) I want column I to be populated AUTOMATICALLY (do not want to use the Contr...

MS CRM SFO Unable to display folder
I have MS CRM SFO installed and functioning correctly on several workstations at the HQ. Out at the branch sites, I have tried to install on several machines. The install finishes successfully but when I try to launch Outlook, the application hangs. I eventually go to task manager, kill Outlook, and re-launch. When I re-launch, I get the error message asking me if I want to disable the add-in. My question is this: would low bandwidth between the HQ and branches cause this behavior? Thanks in advance! ~Dave low bandwidth will have an effect. In general the Outlook client takes longer to sta...

How can I stop Excel from displaying rounded numbers? Credit car.
I read that Excel displays rounded numbers, though the actual values will remain the same for calculations. I'm trying to simply input a credit card number (16 digits), and it keeps rounding the last digit down to zero. I can't figure out how to stop this from happening. Any one else know how to prevent this? Either pre-format the cells as text prior to data entry or precede each entry with an apostrophe ('). This will ensure the credit card # is a text string, not a number. Excel can only handle up to 15 digits precision. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Messag...

Data from .txt file being read in as date, and should be text #2
I have a macro that reads in data from a .txt file. The data contains user IDs that consist of the first 4 letters of their name and 4 numbers. When names are read in that begin with MARCxxxx (ie MARC1234), excel is formating them as a date, and I lose the original data (even when I try to format them after the import, they are a number and the letters are not there. I've tried to format the column that they data read into before the import, but excel still imports them as a date. How can I make the import be read as text? Here is the code for the section I am reading in data for. Do Whi...

Counting number of dates in a column
Hi - Is there a way to count the number of dates in a column that contains both text and dates ? thanks, Rick Hi Rick try =SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(A1:A1000))) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rick wrote: > Hi - Is there a way to count the number of dates in a > column that contains both text and dates ? > > thanks, > > Rick Thanks Frank ! Quick question - what do the two dashes do in the formula? thx Rick >-----Original Message----- >Hi Rick >try >=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(A1:A1000))) > >-- >Regards >Frank Kabel >Frankfurt, G...

display value of button?
I have a data entry form with lots of option groups with radio buttons inside them. It would be great to be able to show the value of those radio buttons, along with the labels, to act as a "data key" to help interpret the data. Is this possible? Hi Karl - I should have been more clear. I would like to show them on the form itself -- so that when I'm looking at a table with 1s and 2s and 3s, I can look at the form and see that 1 corresponds to "Not often" and 3 corresponds to "Very often" for any given field (option group in this case).. On Sep 20, 2:56 p...

How to Display Leading Zeros in CSV file
Hi All, one of my applications is creating a CSV file from database but when that file is opened in Excel then some columns with actual values are 0020 are displayed as 20. How can I ask Excel to not truncate those leading zeros. My users don't want to do anything on their side to fix this...They want the CSV file ready before they work on it. Pls. help. Thanx and Regards Save the file as txt, open it with excel and the import text wizard will start, in step 3 you can select the column data format and if you select text the leading zeros will import -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "R...

Stop displaying a line

Text not fully displayed when text direction changed
I've got a worksheet where most of the text is displayed as usual, reading left to right. I've changed some cells so text direction is -90. When I type into these cells the first part of the first word is partly hidden. It's a bit irritating since the text displays normally in "print preview" and prints correctly - it just doesn't display correctly on the screen. Any help would be gratefully appreciated A shot in the dark: Remove any formatting (left, center or right justified) by un-selecting their respective buttons. Gilles "Mikey9131" <mikewoo...

Disabling up-to-date notifications for all users
Hi there I need to disable up-to-date notifications for all users except a few. How do I do this the smartest way? Regards Klaus R.N. ...

How do I get the bars on a chart to display from low to high?
I've a simple, horizontal bar chart. The bars appear in the same order as the data. But I'd like them to appear "in order". Highest to lowest, or vice versa. IE, a smooth progression of lines getting a little longer with each one as you look at it. Instead of the random jumble they are in now, consistent with the random way the data was listed in two columns. Hi, Select your X data only and go to Data>Sort select 'Continue with the current selection' then sort ascending. HTH Martin Below is a link to a chart that automatically sorts based on a fixed in...

I want to circle a date on a yearly calendar.
I am making a yearly calendar for my bass club. I want to circle the dates for our meetings each month and also our tournaments. How can I do this? -- Lee Use drawing items. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Leep5904" <lpruiett2@comcast.net> wrote in message news:46CA3EBC-1FE0-41F0-8816-2C6E18E68D04@microsoft.com... > I am making a yearly calendar for my bass club. I want to circle the dates > for our meetings each month and also our tournaments. How can I do this? > --...

Release Date of V 4.0
Hi Does any one know the official release date for CRM V 4.0? Will CRM V 4.0 be available for partners before it is available for the general public? Thanks alot currently not specific, but 2nd week of jan is approximately date. You can access the TAP version from partner source which you can use, demo etc. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Mark Braithwaite" wrote: > Hi > > Does any one know the official release date for CRM V 4.0? Will CRM V 4.0 b...

number of days between two dates in european format
Hi I was trying to calculate number of days between two dates. The dates are in dd/mm/yyyy format. lets say in a1 31/03/2005 and in b1 its 28/02/2007. But when i try to put the formula =b1-a1 in c1 then its throwing up #value error. How do i rectify this. Thanks in advance -- manan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ manan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34216 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=544167 Works by me! It returns 699 HTH -- AP "manan" <manan.2875...

Date conversion #6
I have a database with date in the following format: "200209021600" so 2 september 2002 16:00 hr I cannot figure out how to convert this text to the actual date and time Who can help me? Thanks in advance Kristiaan Hi Kristiaaan, This formula works for me: =--(TEXT(A1,"0000-00-00 00\:00")) Don't forget to format the cell as date. Regards, KL "Kristiaaan" <Kristiaaan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E445E7D-7B2C-4CDE-939B-DC35EAF6CBBE@microsoft.com... >I have a database with date in the following format: > "2002090...

Online Payment Dates
I use Money 2005 Deluxe. I know this topic has been covered before, but I'm trying to figure out how to get an online payment to show up in the register with the proposed date of payment (similar to entering a post-dated check in the register), rather than the date I enter the transaction. Perhaps it's some register preference setting I've overlooked? When I make my online payments, I generally save these entries as drafts first so I can review them before committing to sending them off. Does this possibly have anything to do with this issue? Many thanks in advance for y...

Dates in Excel #6
In natural history, including museum records, it is commonplace to use a date with lower case letters for the month, e.g. 19.x.2004 = 19th October 2004 or 01.iii.1999 = 1st March 1999. It would help users if this format were added as a standard and could be converted. For what it is worth... If you add dates as text by preceeding the entry with a ' , for example, '19/11/2004 and then apply the following formula =LEFT(A8,2)&"."&LOWER((ROMAN(MONTH(A8)))&"."&RIGHT(A8,4)) you will get 19.xi.2004 as the output. Does this help? Possibly I could m...