Convert date string (ie: 1/3/2010) to seriel

How do i convert a date formatted like:  3/8/2010 (string) to its
corresponding seriel?

Use CDate.

?  CDate("3/8/2010")
2010.03.08

( In my case, it took the first number as the month; my Regional setting
tell Windows to format my dates in the ISO format, which is  year dot month
dot day ).

Vanderghast, Access MVP

"Steve P" <SteveP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do i convert a date formatted like:  3/8/2010 (string) to its
> corresponding seriel?

0
vanderghast
1/14/2010 8:13:09 PM
Van,
Thats exactly what i needed.  I just formatted it differently with:

Format([date],"mmddyyyy")

THANKS AGAIN!!!

"vanderghast" wrote:

> Use CDate.
>
> ?  CDate("3/8/2010")
> 2010.03.08
>
> ( In my case, it took the first number as the month; my Regional setting
> tell Windows to format my dates in the ISO format, which is  year dot month
> dot day ).
>

> Vanderghast, Access MVP
>

> "Steve P" <SteveP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do i convert a date formatted like:  3/8/2010 (string) to its
> > corresponding seriel?

Office 2010 and Basic Authentication on IIS fails to open documents
Hi, I have just upgraded my Office 2007 to 2010 (yes the RTM build) and am running into some serious trouble accessing documents stored on a web server or SharePoint server configured to only allow Basic Authentication. Word opens as expected but does not do anything else (no prompt, no document download, nothing). Accessing any Office document on a server or SharePoint 2007/2010 server that has e.g. Integrated Windows authentication enabled, all is good I get prompted for credentials and the document downloads and opens as expected and as in Office 2007. Where is the settin...

When converting MDE
Hello, Assuming most people aready have Office 2000, so I want to create an MDE . I understand we should use Access 2000 to make MDE. Since I do have Access 2002 or Office XP, how can I make MDE ver.2000 The other question, suppose I have Access 2000 and I successfully made MDE ver200, can this MDE be opened by Acess 2002 and higher? Thanks -- H. Frank Situmorang You must have Access 2000 to create an Access 2000 MDE. Yes: an Access 2000 MDE can be used in all later versions. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/ti...

Refresh Graphic Image #3
Hello, I have copied and pasted a graph (Stock Chart) to my excel sheet for analysing.Now I would like to refresh to update it.What is the easy mwthod to do it or if i like to write a macro, What are the commands. ...

Excel Templates #3
is anyone aware of a decent payroll timecard/timesheet template in Excel? Thanks. Have a look at the templates found here. http://office.microsoft.com/templates/category.aspx?CategoryID=CT063469961033&CTT=4&Origin=CT061993501033 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 16:26:49 -0700, "egcam@sbcglobal.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is anyone aware of a decent payroll timecard/timesheet >template in Excel? Thanks. ...

How can I convert text to all lowercase?
How can I convert text to all lowercase? I know that I can use the Format menu to convert a block of text to all uppercase, but is there any way to convert it to lowercase? If not with Excel, how about Word, DOS, any other way. I'm using Excel 7.0 (Office 95). Thanks in advance! Take a look at David McRitchie's Lower() Macro (I believe it will work in XL7): http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#lower In article <20031207155812.23043.00000330@mb-m27.aol.com>, hbyardsale@aol.comnetorg (HBYardSale) wrote: > How can I convert text to all lowercase? > &g...

Converting decimals to Time
Hi folks, For thousands of rows, time has been entered as 10.15 or 9.30. These are correct times, as in quarter-past-ten and nine thirty. To perform calculations, I obviously need to have a : (semi-colon) not a . (full-stop) Find and replace won't work because 9.3 (nine thirty) comes up as 9:03. I can write a macro, but trying to avoid since it's for someone else. Any ideas? TIA, Piers Hi Piers, =TIME(INT(A1),MOD(A1,1)*100,0) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Piers 2k" <fake@msn.com> wrote in message news:uTDz539DHHA.1748@TK2MSFTNGP02.p...

CRM 3.0 Install Problems
We're trying to upgrade a dev instance of CRM 1.2 to 3.0. It gets partway through the installation before it fails, giving this error message: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. Execution of a full-text operation failed. The parameter is incorrect. Looking at the log, it looks like this is where it fails: 15:00:38| Info| Disable full-text indexing 15:00:44| Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Execution of a full-text operation failed....

Can Excel generate a 3-D scatter plot?
I want to generate surface plots of the form (x,y,f(x,y)). Should I just go buy MathCAD, or can Excel manage this? Hi Andy Pope has 'tricked' one: http://andypope.info/charts/3drotate.htm But you probably go for MathCad :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "zzzfizz" <zzzfizz@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BA2BEAB6-63E1-46E7-816F-B282C590C3D9@microsoft.com... > I want to generate surface plots of the form (x,y,f(x,y)). Should I just go > buy MathCAD, or can Excel manage this? ...

due date function
I try to make function for due payment. When I made copy file and then drag down the formula and it's succed. But for the cell that I not fill yet has due date also. How to make that cell became 0 (zero) if not fill the cell yet. example : A1 A2 19/8/05 =A1+30 - 30/01/00 - 30/01/00 Thanks Lando =IF(C5=""; "" ;C5+30) Explanation detail if ([logical test] c5 equals ""; then [result if true] ""; else [result if false] c5+30) Explanation brief if c5 eq...

Check box = 1
I'm pretty out of my depth here, so any help would be much appreciated. I'm trying to set up an attendance form to cover a 24 hour perid. i'd like a columnof 14 checkboxes (places available per hour), and at the bottom a total of how many boxes have been checked, and then repeated for the following 23 columns. How do i go about giving a cell the value of "1"if the box is checked, and accumulated the total of checked boxes. I'm struggling to get past changing "true"/"false" values to "1"/"0" values. Also, do i ...

Date datatype in my schema
I have created a simple XML document, generated a schema from it (which Visual Studio makes everything a string element). I then went through and changed all fields that are dates to the Date data type. Now, when I use the datagrid to edit the data in the XML file and then switch back to the raw XML text date, the dates are formatted like this "1973-10-27T00:00:00.0000000-06:00" and not as I expected, which are supposed to be a simple date, such as "1973-10-27" as per the W3C spec. Also, when I validate the document, it fails on all date elements with this error: C:\Doc...

How can I autofill dates having a blank cell between each day?
Hi Dee, Enter a date in cell A1 (eg 5/13/08), enter the next day's date in cell A3 (eg 5/14/08). Select cells A1 trough to A4 (ie select two dates and two blank cells). See the little dot at the bottom right of the selection rectangle? Click on that (the cursor will change to a cross when you are over the right spot) and drag it down as far as you want. Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com ...

Date Problems
Dear Microsoft: Since we all know that the cost of a 1st class stamp is going to go up, I thought I would plot the cost over time. http://www.nonprofitmailers.org/tools/ratehist.htm 1. I formatted a column as DATE, but the 3 dates prior to 1900 that I entered as x-x-xxxx were not recognized by Excel as dates. (??!!???!). When I reentered them as x/x/xxxx Excel recogized July 1, 1885, but not the other 2. (Huh?) 2. So then I charted the dates and the costs as a line chart, the costs are displayed ok. The dates are displayed on the x-axis, but the dates are equidistant. That's...

Convert Publisher letterhead to Word
How do I convert my letterhead creaded in Publisher to Word or other word processing software, e.g., OpenOffice, so that I may create text in the letterhead to email to clients/customers? You may reply privately to tannj2@comcast.net if you wish. Thank you. Joe Right-click the creation, save as picture. This tutorial is perfect for what you want to do http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "JoOffice" <JoOffice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD4E5467-4F84-44B1-A46D-69C470B6B0AF@microsoft.com... > How ...

can't convert jpg or other into publisher
I reinstalled publisher after reformatting my xp Dell. Now publisher will not convert image into the page where I want a picture. I can scan one in, but can't import clip art or a picture located elsewhere. I can import a picture into word. I reinstalled publisher again and same thing. I put it on a friends computer and everything works fine - I'm puzzled. What are they referring to when it's saying can't convert the image - also mentions a graphic filter?? I need help. Jeanne Importing from where? Are you using the Clip Gallery or Organizer? If you are trying to import ...

Open Spreadsheet--Formatting Changed to Date??
I opened my spreadsheet and some, but not all of the columns on every sheet in the workbook has changed to a date format. I opened other spreadsheets and there was no change. Can anyone explain this. It's a real pain to deal with. ...

Can't set Date Properties.
I am working with data that has dates set as text. So in a query I am using a variable that sets the text to a date suing CDATE. At least I thought it did. I notice that in forms etc when I try to set the date property to long, medium etc, there is nothing to choose so presumably it is not a date after all! Any idea what I'm doing wrong please. Cheers. Roger --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.673 / Virus Database: 435 - Release Date: 01/05/2004 Sorted. I hadn't set the function as a date. Well I am n...

Combining 2 Text Strings in Body of E-Mail Q
I am trying to create a string of text to place in the message body of an e-mail. Using Ron De Bruins code I've run in to the "Too many line continuations". I've a requirement for 31 lines, but it hits this error on line 24. How can I combine 2 text strings to appear in the message body of the reports. My code with only the first stringbody is:- Sub Mail_New_Version() Dim FileExtStr As String Dim FileFormatNum As Long Dim Sourcewb As Workbook Dim Destwb As Workbook Dim TempFilePath As String Dim TempFileName As String Dim OutApp As O...

Setting default date system to 1900 versus 1904
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I work in a large corporation that uses excel 100 times a day. My issue is that most of the files we work with are created on Win platform which defaults to the 1900 date system. When I create on the Mac, it defaults to the 1904 date system. I realize I can change the date format in preferences on an individual basis but is there anyway to set the default to 1900 versus me having to remember to go to preferences every time on each individual sheet? Thx On 3/4/09 9:22 AM, in article 59b6e6ef.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,...

How to Insert brackets within string
In my worksheet, I have two columns, Col A for users to enter projects numbers while Col B for work description and Col C for cost spent. The project numbers and cost are then collected into pivot table in another workbook for other calculation. The problem now is some of the project numbers are like this 1100, 1100(A), 1307(E), 1611(A), 1611(B), 1612(C), 1612(D), 10303(1) and etc. So, if the users enter 1100A instead of 1100(A), then I cannot do the caluculation correctly. If the user enter 1100A mistakenly, Can we do some code to change it to 1100(A) ? using IF-else maybe or ?? Please ad...

Make $1,000.00 a day !
Found a quick way to make lots of money effortlessly. I made $180 in just 4 days after joining this affiliate program. It comes a 100% 90day moneyback guarantee. Join risk free. Give it a try, you'll love it. <http://hop.clickbank.net/?reneng/mmitums> --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20050420235059T4s5XoH1 ...

Convert Word Table -> Excel without merged cells?
Whenver I copy/paste tables from word to excel, I get merged cells in Excel whenever there are line breaks in the word table cells. How can I avoid this? TIA Steve Saved from a previous post: If your cells in your word table contain paragraph mark or linebreak characters, then excel will bring them over as separate cells. One way around it is to convert those paragraph marks & linebreaks to unique characters, then copy|paste and then convert them back to linefeeds. I like this technique (inside a copy of the word file): Select your table. Edit|replace|Special (show More if required)...

Converting an Excel List into Access
I am unable to import a specific excel document into Access. I have done countless other imports and never encountered an error. What are some possible reasons for being unable to import the file? Yes all that shows up is: "An error occured while trying to import(directory path here). The file was not imported" >-----Original Message----- >What happens when you try to import it? Is there an error message? > >Dano wrote: >> I am unable to import a specific excel document into >> Access. I have done countless other imports and never >> encountered...

Dates in the Footer
I know how to insert a date in the footer of a document, but wondering if Word can automatically change the date of ONLY a page in a document that is updated...not the entire document. Would be very helpful to know when certain info is updated, but also to keep the last time other pages were updated. Thanks for any advice. JT On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 06:04:01 -0700, JT <JT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know how to insert a date in the footer of a document, but wondering if >Word can automatically change the date of ONLY a page in a document that is >u...

ListBox Showing Scroll if 1 item
I have a ListBox that I fill with data from my database. I then set the number of rows attribute to the count so the box is only as large as the number of fields. lbDisplay.Rows = lbDisplay.Items.Count; This works fine. The problem is if the list has 1 item, it shows a dropdown arrow and when you press it, it shows only the one item. If there are 2 or more there is no dropdown arrow. How can I get rid of the dropdown arrow for one entry??? Why does it even show? Thanks, Tom you can't, because it sets the of the number of visible options. 1 = dropdown...