Append Query every day at certain time automatically

Hi,

So i have a query qryStats.  Basicaly i want to be able to see how the stats
have changed over a period so i was thinking of turning that simple query
into an Append Query so that it just add the results to a table tblStats.

I tested it and it works great so i can design reports and the result is
exactly what i want.

Problem is im going to forget to run the query each day.  What are my
options?  Can i write code of some kind that runs the append query each day
at, lets say 16:00?

YES but your db would need to be running in order for that to work. You could
also create a scheduler task to run your db at a certain time and pass it a
command line parameter.

--
RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy
1/18/2010 3:54:55 PM
Yeah the db would be open so thats not a problem.  Alternatively, if i open
or close the db and it prmpted me; that could work to.

Do you know how to do it as im a novice?

"ruralguy via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> YES but your db would need to be running in order for that to work. You could
> also create a scheduler task to run your db at a certain time and pass it a
> command line parameter.
>
> ant1983 wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >So i have a query qryStats.  Basicaly i want to be able to see how the stats
> >have changed over a period so i was thinking of turning that simple query
> >into an Append Query so that it just add the results to a table tblStats.
> >
> >I tested it and it works great so i can design reports and the result is
> >exactly what i want.
> >
> >Problem is im going to forget to run the query each day.  What are my
> >options?  Can i write code of some kind that runs the append query each day
> >at, lets say 16:00?
>
> --
> RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro
> Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

> .

I run a hidden for as the first form to load in my systems. You could then
use the timer event of that form to watch the time. It is useful for all
kinds of housekeeping chores. It is also the last form to close so you can do
clean up or stop the closing if you want. I would set the timer interval to
maybe 30 minutes or whatever resolution you need. Too often and it can bog
down your system.

--
RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy
1/18/2010 6:27:21 PM
The code here will do that...
http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0042.htm

ant1983 wrote:
>Yeah the db would be open so thats not a problem.  Alternatively, if i open
>or close the db and it prmpted me; that could work to.
>
>Do you know how to do it as im a novice?
>
>> YES but your db would need to be running in order for that to work. You could
>> also create a scheduler task to run your db at a certain time and pass it a
>[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
>> >options?  Can i write code of some kind that runs the append query each day
>> >at, lets say 16:00?

PieterLinden
1/18/2010 7:02:26 PM
Does the MVP Scheduler take less resources than just using the Task Scheduler
that is built into Windows?

--
RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy

1-variable Data Table dependent on MS Query fails to update correctly
{cross-posting from excel.programming because I think this is relevant (maybe even moreso) here too.} I have an Excel (2000) financial model whose bottom line values are dependent on results pulled from a simple MS Query (3 of them, actually, and together they take about 10 seconds +/- to run). I'm trying to run a simple data table to see how those values vary by changing a single assumption (that's what data tables are for). In my data table, I have a single assumption (Fed Funds Rate) that should affect the results of the query. This assumption itself is not a parameter in the que...

Union query not displaying select statement
I have a union query which provides column totals for a detail query. Everything works as expected but for some reason when I run the query the results will not always display the last select statement - "Percent of total" row. The odd occurence is if I run the query with a filter that limits the records to one viewable page in datasheet view the "percent of total" row is displayed. If the query output is more than one viewable page the "percent of total" row does not display. Also, if I remove "all" from the last union statement the "...

Excel wrapped rows, want automatically leave some space bottom of
In Excel I have rows with wrapped text in some of the columns. I would like to improve the look by adding a small amount of space at the base of each row. As the rows are different heights due to the wrapping, stretching afterwards doesn't do it. What I need is something like the spacing after in the paragraph options in Word. I thought it would be quite obvious but clearly not. Does anyone know how I can do this? Please don't suggest putting an empty row between every row... Assume that you are having one of the data in Cell A1 Copy and paste the below formula i...

basic approach to automatism
Hi all! i have to build task rellated web app. whitch will need to have some monitoring. i have datebase whit row of time whitch will be happen in the future, and then when that time cums i have to fire some scripts.(in my case, i have 2 connected web forms-pages, first auth. me on server(for sending sms messages) and second sends the actual mess). if someone have some proposition how it would be done by less pain, i would be greatfull -- -k.p. ...

at times Outlook 2003 won't open after clicking on the icon
answered in your 11/3 3:25 am post "skimmi" <skimmi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27A27858-F315-40C8-9DBF-AB6BECA5E538@microsoft.com... > ...

Data Range updating automatically as new data is entered
Hi, I am wondering if there is a way to make the data range for a series graph include cells in a column up to the last nonblank cell? For example, I have a graph with a data range: =Sheet2!$B$2:$E$27 As I add new data to the columns, I'd like the table range (and chart) to automatically include the new cells. Is that possible? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! Hi, you could make that range a List (table in xl2007) and base the chart on the list. Or you could create a dynamic named range. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope,...

Data Form and Time Format
I have formatted times in a spreadsheet with [hh]:mm:ss in order to add past 24 hours. What I would like to know is how come when I open a Data Form through a macro, the information is still shown in with AM or PM or with a date at the beginning if the total is greater than 24 hours. Is there a way for me to format this with code. My macro to open the data form is simple.... Worksheets("Stats").ShowDataForm Thank you, Jeremy ...

In Excel how can I add 90 every value in a row or column?
Any suggestions? Todd, put 90 in a cell, copy the cell, select the cells you want to add 90 to, edit, paste special, check add OK -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Todd" <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44E67DCD-A22D-41CC-8BE3-BAF8D92E7654@microsoft.com... > Any suggestions? ...

Automatic send/receive wont activate (O2002)/XP
I use Outlook 2002 on XPpro. Manual Send/Receive works fine. Automatic receive does not work. Receive on start does not work. Immediate send (checked) does not work. Send on exit does not work. I have verified all the settings I can find and have all current updates installed. Outlook Express with similar settings and the same email account works fine. Any help would be appreciated. What is your automatic polling interval in Send/Receive groups? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Bill" <wlomerson@cox-internet.com> wrote in message news:00d701c34891$21d76d50$a10128...

Update/Delete Query
I have a list showing quanity and date and when I click on an item and press cmd_Cancel a new form pops up frm_Cancel Record. When I click cmd_Done in the frm_Cancel Record a delete and update query is run and the value is deleted from the table. However if I have more than one entry in the listbox and I want to delete only one entry Access deletes all of the entries in the list!! Any idea why? The on click event for cmd_Done is ; Private Sub Command17_Click() stDocName = "qry_Balance (Update)" DoCmd.OpenQuery stDocName, acNormal, acEdit stDocName = "qry_Ba...

Only allowing certain users to access my Excel spreadsheet
How can I allow certain people to access my excel spreadsheet? Password protect it and give them the password. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "corky" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0288C2D5-E80A-4E72-A2C4-518F4988BCF2@microsoft.com... > How can I allow certain people to access my excel spreadsheet? ...

260 days without a backup and counting
Let me start by letting you know I am in over my head on this but I love a good challenge. My problem is backing up exchange. Online backup errors out as follows: "WARNING: Portions of "\Mailbox Store (server)" cannot be read. The backed up data is corrupt or incomplete. This file will not restore correctly." This occurs after backing up 120 MB. Offline backup has the same result with the same error for the public folder store, and log files but does not copy a single file. I have used eseutil to examine both priv1 and pub1.edb and both databases are in a consist...

Excel2000: ODBC query from protected Excel file
Hi Is it possible to force ODBC query (Data.GetExternalData.NewDatabaseQuery.ExcelFiles) from another (closed) Excel table to work, when this another table is protected with password (File.SaveAs.Tools.GeneralOptions.PasswordToOpen). At moment I get 'Could not decrypt file.' message, and data aren't retrieved, whenever the source table isn't opened before. -- Arvi Laanemets (Don't use my reply address - it's spam-trap) ...

User's computer login to filter in query
I asked a question a long time ago and received a response that involved retrieving the userid from a user's login to filter the results of a database. Essentially, I am looking for the creation of a report that is generic in design but specific in results based on who is looking. Essentially, I only want employees looking at projects that are their own. Each project has the employee userid associated with it. Is there a way that I can code the report or the query that only those projects owned by the viewer are displayed? Jason Lopez an easy way is to begin the db with a sta...

Automatic Picture Download #2
This is my second attempt at using Outlook. For ages I've been using The Bat! but as I now support clients using Outlook and PocketPC, I thought I need to get up to speed with them! What a pile of rubbish! Anyway - just one of my problems. I have a client who emails me from a Hotmail account and insists on putting a little animated image in his signature. I assume it's a feature of Hotmail as I can't see the image in Outlook as it's not been downloaded from the remote server. Good (that's what The Bat! does - just shows a marker in place of the image). Now - when I clic...

outlook sends the same email several times
Hello Several times one of my emails stays in the outbox and Microsoft Outlook 2003 just sends the samre email again and again without deleting it or moving it to the send folder. Most of the time it works fine but a few times a week it just wont remove the mail from the outbox. I have tried cleaning up all my folders by deleting a lot of old items, empting the deleted items fold and such things but nothing seems to work. Any ideas what could be wrong? Best regards, Michael what type of email acct do you use? are you using antivirus scanner on outgoing email? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Ou...

Delete query 05-22-07
I have created a query: DELETE FROM Employee WHERE Number = [Num] Dim currDB As Database Dim qryDeleteItems As QueryDef Set currDB = CurrentDb Set qryDeleteItems = currDB.QueryDefs("qryDeleteItems") qryDeleteItems.Parameters("Num") = currNumber What should be the statement after that? qryDeleteItems.OpenRecordSet() ? Or other? On Tue, 22 May 2007 13:10:01 +1000, "Alan T" <alanpltseNOSPAM@yahoo.com.au> wrote: >I have created a query: >DELETE >FROM Employee >WHERE Number = [Num] > > >Dim currDB As Database >Dim qryDeleteItems ...

Calculating elapsed time
What is the best way to store a time value in a text file and then use that data to determine the amount of time elapsed since a particular operation was performed? I am also wondering if the following applies to my situation. It is not recommended that you add and subtract values from the SYSTEMTIME structure to obtain relative times. Instead, you should a.. Convert the SYSTEMTIME structure to a FILETIME structure. b.. Copy the resulting FILETIME structure to a LARGE_INTEGER structure. c.. Use normal 64-bit arithmetic on the LARGE_INTEGER value. I am not referring to GetTickCo...

Subscription sending email multiple times
Hi SQL Server 2008 Standard Reporting Services running in Sharepoint integrated mode. (Build 3790) 1 report with 2 subscriptions, 1st Subscription sends report once no CC 2nd Subscription sends report twice, looks identical except for @ExecutionTime difference, 1 person CC on subscription. Subscription UI shows start time: 1:22 pm This is an inherited server and I have heard that the reports/subscriptions etc were scripted from an old server. Any ideas why this may be happening? How do I fix this? This is happening for more than 1 report than just this example. Log fi...

assign catrgories automatically
Hi, I thought this would be simple, but I could find it: is there a way to have money assign categories to transactions automatically? Currently the program seems to have "lost" its intuition and is showing blank category field for transaction it earlier used to match. And the new ones are just a mess. I would appreciate any help. Thanks. ...

Typing "12345" and have it automaticly formated to "123.45"?
Does anyone know anything about formatting cells so they would behave like an accounting calculator. As in typing "12345" without pressing any decimal key, and have it use the last two digits as the tenth and hundredth decimal place, ie) "123.45"? If it isn't possible, it would be informative to know that as well. Thanks a million in advance! -- ZenTrickz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ZenTrickz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36061 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/...

Problem with Local time to System time conversion
Hi, Any help would be much appreciated, and here's my problem: I've used the function SystemTimeToTzSpecificLocalTime() to convert a UTC based time to a local time and everything works fine. However,when I try to do the reverse, that is, from a local time back to a UTC time. The function TzSpecificLocalTimeToSystemTime(); is not supported under windows 2000 (only supported on XP/server2003) So I tried the function FileTimeToLocalFileTime() as a work-around but my time is always off by one hour because of daylight saving. Are there any easier alternatives besides making my own timezo...

publisher 2003 calendars
Hello does anybody know how to change in monthly calendar the day? I dont want that the week starts with Sunday, but Monday I am using Microsoft publisher 2003. Thanx for any reply Alena After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from alena <anonym@diskuse.microsoft.com>... > does anybody know how to change in monthly calendar the day? I dont > want that the week starts with Sunday, but Monday. I am using > Microsoft publisher 2003. Try changing your Locale settings in Start > Control Panel > Regional Settings -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft...

How to keep a new window from opening each time I open a new docum
I use Word 2003 w/Windows Vista. I don't want to have each new word document that I open, open in a new window. I liked it the old way. How can I change this so that they are all open in the same window? -- Creations by Janice www.CreationsbyJanice.com Check tools > Options > View > Windows in Taskbar. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> >...

Outlook 2002 cc's me on every email HELP!!!!
I have 3 POP3 email accounts and 3 HTTP email accounts setup in Outlook 2002. I had set up rules to have each account sorted to an individual inbox upon receipt. It worked great for a couple of days then stopped working, started freezine. I deleted the rules and put the 3 POP3 accounts in Outlook Express. Now anytime I send an email from my HTTP accounts, it automatically cc's my in the message. Any idea why? Or how to stop it?? TIA, Melissa ...