ADO RecordSet Save generates "Access Denied" error (80070005)

I have an Access DB with some code that has been (and still is) running fine
for a long time.  I have recently set up a few Windows 7 x64 machines, and
this bombs on those machines only. (other machines are Vista 32-bit).

The code is using an ADODB RecordSet to create a new record (AddNew), sets
the various columns to appropriate values, and then does a Save.  I get the
Access Denied error on the Save command, but when I examine the table, the
record has been created successfully.

Any ideas on what is different between the two environments that might be
causing this?

Any techniques I can use to further debug?

Access Denied on .pst
I've ran into a bit of a problem this morning on a .pst file of mine. The user accesses the .pst from another computer since the .pst file is on the server. When I attempt to add the .pst file for the delivery location, I get access is denied. When I go to the server (under administrator) and right click the file and go to security settings, I get access is denied. I'm also being told it's read only when I run scanpst.exe. Even the icon on the file is messed up. Is the pst file corrupt? any thoughts? Thanks, Angela It's very possible that the file is corrupt; storing...

"Access denied" in loading xml file.
Hi there, I have this problem which is really driving me nuts for a couple of days. Glad if any help or suggestion is given Javascript will give me a pop-up error "Access is denied" when i try to load a simple xml file, which is in the server machine itself. The script is within a JSP page running apache tom-cat. I am running it with IE6 from an windows administrative acc straight on the server so there shouldn't be any access prob. Code is something like that: <script language="javascript> var xml = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM"); xml.async = fal...

Access denied on save *sometimes*
Hello all. I was hoping you could give me some help on this. I have a huge file (Excel 2007 format, 9 sheets, at least 4 of which have 4 columns by 100,000+ rows, Vlookups, if/thens, tons of stuff. file size is over 25MB. HUGE.) saved on a network drive (required by my work). About half of the time when I hit the "save" button, it saves to what I must assume is a temp file, then copies that over to the network drive ("Saving" progress bar, then a box which pops up and has a progress bar and the word "Saving"), and then pops up a message box with "Access deni...

Access Denied in CRM for Outlook
A user can access CRM via the Web client, and has previously accessed CRM via the CRM for Outlook client. Yesterday, due to a misperception that we had run out of licenses, I took away the user's license, but subsequently put it back. Now the user can't access CRM for Outlook. The error message is just Access Denied. He tried shutting down and rebooting - same result. Should I delete the user and re-create? Other users can still access CRM for Outlook client. Any thoughts on this one? Thanks, Ian Actually, I think the problem happened last Thursday afternoon, when I ...

Access Denied in Offline Mode 05-09-04
The users can use Sales for Outlook perfectly in online mode, and through the browser method. When the user clicks Go Offline, the box comes up and everything seems to synchronise fine. When actually trying to do something when in Offline Mode, it comes up with Access Denied. You can click Go Online and it seems to do that fine also, and you can continue working as normal. Does anyone have any ideas on this? I thought perhaps it was a SQL Server Authentication problem on the users local computer? Thanks! this solution worked for me TechKnowledge Error "The Logged ...

Access Denied to AL Attachments
Hello, one of the people in my office has started having a problem were they cannot open ANY attachment that comes into outlook express. They get the message "Can't open this item. Access Denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not being used." There is plenty of disk space (over 14 gig) We can write to the disk The file is not in use. The OS is Windows 2000 Pro SP 4 Outlook 2000 9.0.0.2711 Can someone help? What directory is outlook trying to open the file in? thats ALL attachments - no matter the file type. it looks like a per...

Access denied. Contact your administrator.
Suddenly (last week) , I am unable to open certain word files over a home network. The server runs XP Word 2007 SP 2 The computer runs XP Word 2003 SP3 Same problem for a XP Word 2007 SP 2 So same problem with two other computers Within the same folder some files will open across the network and some files give message "Access denied. Contact your administrator." I do not use priveliges etc. I am the administrator. I have permitted full sharing access to the folder I do use the *.docx format. Can anyone help? On the server, if I open the file and resave it as an .rtf t...

Access Denied: You do not have sufficient rights.
I don't know what happened, but for some reason I cannot log into CRM on my computer. I can log in (using my Username) from the server, or any other workstation in the office, but not from my computer. Has this happened to anyone else? How can I fix it. I end up at this URL: http://crm/_common/error/errorhandler.aspx?errNum=0x80070005 I restarted the server and all is well... "Vito DeCarlo" <FirstInitialLastName@ThePulse.com> wrote in message news:%2371iZrXeEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I don't know what happened, but for some reason I cannot log into C...

Access Denied
Hi, I have one user in my organisation that when she tries to open at attachment (word document or PDF) in the notes section of any entity an error message stating "Access Denied, Invalid Operation" appears within the notes 'frame'. It only happens when using the Outlook client (not the web client). Her client and the server has had Update Rollup 7 applied (CRM 4.0, SQL 2005). I have also reconfigured, run diagnostics and removed any other outlook add-ins to no avail. Has anyone had this problem before and is there any way to fix it? Thanks If anyone else has this problem...

Exchange Access Denied problem?
Hi, Running Exchange 2003 now for a while and have the next problem. If I want to add a user of change a user in my AD then I get the next error Access is Denied ID NO: C0070005 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension And also this error with the system manager Access is denied. Facility: Win32 ID no: c0070005 Exchange System Manager No matter what I start from exchange I get always this error??. I log in as Administator I have already search on the net and found this by m$ http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2Fservicedesks%2Fbin%2Fkbsearch.asp%3FArticle%3D323915 ...

Information store won't start
Hey guys, Not sure what is happening, Tryed to start service as Administrator still the same thing. Ran ESEUTIL to check integ on the data all fine, rest of services running. Any ideas ?????? No event log messages logged at all Jez Enable Diagnostic Logging in your exchange server to maximum and then try to start the service and then check the event viewer to see if there is any error reported. what i know is that by default is there any error reported by exchange servcies, like the one you are facing , an event will be logged on your system and application viewer to inform you why t...

Managed Newsgroup access denied
I am unable to access the managed newsgroups since they changed the secure code last week. I have followed the instructions to reregister but I still get the error 'access denied'. Any idea what could be causing this? They have answered one of my questions from last week but I've been unable to get in to see it. Thanks for any help. Tracey D Tracey, email me with your registered GP company name so I can verify, and I will escalate this for you. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com "T...

Access Denied #2
I have an unusual situation. I just implemented CRM 4.0 on a Windows 2003 server. The database is located on a separate server. From any workstation and any other server, I can log on to the site, e.g. http://crm:5555, without any problem. However, I cannot log on to the site from the server on which I installed CRM. Instead I get "HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied" after three attempts. Of note, I have other web sites on the server, including a SharePoint site. I have no log on problem with any of those sites. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing t...

Access denied
When I open Outlook I receive the message can not access <windows local settings etc .pst> access denied. Now the really weird part, this message is in the right window where the message headers are usually displayed. In the folders window, the individual folders have numbers in parenthsis next to the folders for the number of unread messages. I can open all folders except the inbox which displays that message. It too has the numbers in parenthsis. I have run Norton Antivirus on the entire PST but am not sure how effective that is. I always have Norton running in the backg...

Access Denied 04-22-04
you have to add the Domain User group to ability to access the SQL DB, not only while attached to the domain but when you are not, the Database have to be synchronized... ...

Access Denied Microsoft Windows NT ID no: 0xc20020005
we are trying to install the 5.5 OWA component onto a W2K server but we recieve a dialog box with the following Access Denied Microsoft Windows NT ID no: 0xc20020005 This happens imediatley after we put in the exchange server name and press enter Exchange 5.5 is running NT4 SP6a with the Security roll up package plus Exch SP4. The 2K box is running SP3 Any help would be appreciated Davi ...

Access denied to mailboxes with Exchange Full Admin account
Hello, Windows 2003 2-node cluster with Exchange 2003 SP1. Summary: What would seem for no reason that I can think of, I cannot open other people's mailboxes in Outlook, though I am the administrator. Also, our Veritas Backup Exec domain account can no longer open the Information Stores or the Public Folders in its Selection Lists (it is telling me Access Is Denied). Details: I was gone for a week, come back and our backup person says that portions of the Exchange backups are failing. So I go to Veritas to try to edit the backup job and get Access Denied when trying to expand th...

can't clear read only from files, msg: access denied
I have files on a CD, when I open them in excel they say "read only". I have tried to clear the [read only] and a I get a msg: error has occured - access denied.. Can anyone help? I really need to use these files!!!! Thanks Chris They are read only because they are on a cd. You cant just change the and save them back on to the CD. Copy them to a local folder, edit them there and then write them bac to the CD if its rewritable. Or use one of the fancy Cd rewritin programs -- jacob.metcalf ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jacob.metcalfe&#...

Outlook (in Exch mode)
Hello everybody. After recreating Windows profile on one of machines user is encountering very strange problem - she gets "Access Denied (standard Windows dialog, not some kind of e-mail message) as soon as she clicks "forward" or "reply". This happens with messages from outside only (replying to internal is fine). Sending new messages to outside is fine. I have Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003. What is wrong and how do I fix the problem? Thanks a lot. WBR, K. Palagin. -- If my message is helpful, please help me by registering at http://www.openoffice.org/ser...

access denied #2
I've searched these threads for info to no avail. I've got a new Win XP based computer running Outlook 2002 and I'm trying to get all of my mail from my old computer (Win ME, Outlook 2000) to the new machine. I am exporting to a .pst file on my hardrive and then burning it to CDR. I have unchecked the "read only" boxes in the file properties area prior to burning... but each time I try this (4 separate times now) I get the same message. ACCESS DENIED! (as has been mentioned in other threads) WTF?????? Please Help!!!! Thanks. Have you copied it from the CDR back t...

access denied
Installed verifone 1000se and test successfully. But get an "access denied" when launching POS, then a pin-pad communication failure message. -- Biloxi This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0D6C_01C79D97.9F4091E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Biloxi, Do you have _all_ of the EDC info filled out on the EDC tab of SO Admin? Are you logged in to the computer as an Administrator? If not, you need = to allow Registry access to the RMS entries HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retai...

User Group "Access Denied"
I've just installed sharepoint 3 and have the following dafault permissions groups: Central Administration members - Farm administrator - Site admin - Users I've added 2 windows accounts to central admin and site admin and they can access the site okay but nobody else can When i add any windows account to the Users group they get an 'access denied' Ideally i would like to add the 'domain users' group from Active directopry to the Sharepoint Users group but when i do so nobody can access Can someone please help? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software ...

Getting Error: Access Denied message
Ok, I'm *new* to Sharepoint, so please be gentle! :) I installed Sharepoint 2007 yesterday, and all seemed to go fine. I can log in from the server to Sharepoint using my domain username & password. When I switch back to my desktop machine and go to http://server or http://server.domain.com I keep getting Error: Access denied error message along with Current User You are currently signed in as: ICS\sgrosz Sign in as a different user Request access I have made sure that the domain username of ics\sgrosz is in a group I created called Users, and the Users group...

MS office accounting professional 2009 access denied when bootin
I came into work today and when I booted up the computer and tried to open MOA professional 2009 I got an access denied message, I have got this before and just rebooted the computer and MOA opened ok but not this time. No matter what I have tried the message says I don`t have access to the program. Can anyone help with this? Thank you Ed ...