Access To Word Mailmerge - One step only Office 2007

I have setup a Mailmerge that is run from Access.  The process works like
this: 1) The proper record is selected in an Access form which automatically
starts the process.  2)  Word is called up automatically, it shows both the
template and the doument with the proper data in it.  3) Access is closed
automatically.  4)  The user then needs to close the mailmerge template.  5)
The document with the proper mailmerge information inserted from Access is up
on the screen.  At this point a shortcut is triggered by the user that adds a
document of the users choice to the end of the current document.  6) At this
point the user prints the document and the process is done.  7)The process
takes about 5-10 seconds.

Here is my question:  my client want to be able to push a button from Access
and everything will be done except selecting the document to insert at the
end of the mailmerge document.  I have tried several different approaches.
Each is not a single step process, some have warning messages that show up,
etc.  Is it reasonably possible to come up with a perfect solution here?  Is
there a perfect solution out there somewhere.  All the solutions I have seen
are not "perfect".
I would appreciate your candor and help.
--
Thanks!
Gary S

Sounds like you've already doe a lot of work on this and what you're trying
to accomplish seems reasonable.  If you're to the point of Warning Messages,
and that's your only roadblock now, why not temporarily disable those
messages?

docmd.setwarnings false

but you should turn it on again after the update query finishes by:
docmd.setwarnings true

So . .
Public Sub DeleteSomething()
docmd.setwarnings false
.. . . your code in here . .
docmd.setwarnings true
End Sub

--
Ryan---

"Gary S" wrote:

> I have setup a Mailmerge that is run from Access.  The process works like
> this: 1) The proper record is selected in an Access form which automatically
> starts the process.  2)  Word is called up automatically, it shows both the
> template and the doument with the proper data in it.  3) Access is closed
> automatically.  4)  The user then needs to close the mailmerge template.  5)
> The document with the proper mailmerge information inserted from Access is up
> on the screen.  At this point a shortcut is triggered by the user that adds a
> document of the users choice to the end of the current document.  6) At this
> point the user prints the document and the process is done.  7)The process
> takes about 5-10 seconds.
>
> Here is my question:  my client want to be able to push a button from Access
> and everything will be done except selecting the document to insert at the
> end of the mailmerge document.  I have tried several different approaches.
> Each is not a single step process, some have warning messages that show up,
> etc.  Is it reasonably possible to come up with a perfect solution here?  Is
> there a perfect solution out there somewhere.  All the solutions I have seen
> are not "perfect".
> I would appreciate your candor and help.
> --
> Thanks!
> Gary S
Thanks for the reply.  Sorry I was not clear.  I was referring to security
warnings and the such.  The real issue here is that it seems to me that you
could almost come up with the perfect mailmerge in earlier versions of
Office, but in 2007 that does not seem to be the case, could someone confirm
that train of thought or direct me to an automated mailmerge method in Office
2007.
--
Thanks!
Gary S

"ryguy7272" wrote:

> Sounds like you've already doe a lot of work on this and what you're trying
> to accomplish seems reasonable.  If you're to the point of Warning Messages,
> and that's your only roadblock now, why not temporarily disable those
> messages?
>
> docmd.setwarnings false
>
> but you should turn it on again after the update query finishes by:
> docmd.setwarnings true
>
> So . .
> Public Sub DeleteSomething()
> docmd.setwarnings false
> . . . your code in here . .
> docmd.setwarnings true
> End Sub
>
> --
> Ryan---
> If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''.
>

> "Gary S" wrote:
>
> > I have setup a Mailmerge that is run from Access.  The process works like
> > this: 1) The proper record is selected in an Access form which automatically
> > starts the process.  2)  Word is called up automatically, it shows both the
> > template and the doument with the proper data in it.  3) Access is closed
> > automatically.  4)  The user then needs to close the mailmerge template.  5)
> > The document with the proper mailmerge information inserted from Access is up
> > on the screen.  At this point a shortcut is triggered by the user that adds a
> > document of the users choice to the end of the current document.  6) At this
> > point the user prints the document and the process is done.  7)The process
> > takes about 5-10 seconds.
> >
> > Here is my question:  my client want to be able to push a button from Access
> > and everything will be done except selecting the document to insert at the
> > end of the mailmerge document.  I have tried several different approaches.
> > Each is not a single step process, some have warning messages that show up,
> > etc.  Is it reasonably possible to come up with a perfect solution here?  Is
> > there a perfect solution out there somewhere.  All the solutions I have seen
> > are not "perfect".
> > I would appreciate your candor and help.
> > --
> > Thanks!
> > Gary S
I use albert Kallals word merge code, no warning messages.  Should do what
you want or at a minimum give you a way to appproach word merging.
http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html

Just needs a tiny tweak if you are using .docx extentions instead of .doc

HTH,

--
Mark Andrews
RPT Software

"Gary S" <GaryS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have setup a Mailmerge that is run from Access.  The process works like
> this: 1) The proper record is selected in an Access form which
> automatically
> starts the process.  2)  Word is called up automatically, it shows both
> the
> template and the doument with the proper data in it.  3) Access is closed
> automatically.  4)  The user then needs to close the mailmerge template.
> 5)
> The document with the proper mailmerge information inserted from Access is
> up
> on the screen.  At this point a shortcut is triggered by the user that
> adds a
> document of the users choice to the end of the current document.  6) At
> this
> point the user prints the document and the process is done.  7)The process
> takes about 5-10 seconds.
>
> Here is my question:  my client want to be able to push a button from
> Access
> and everything will be done except selecting the document to insert at the
> end of the mailmerge document.  I have tried several different approaches.
> Each is not a single step process, some have warning messages that show
> up,
> etc.  Is it reasonably possible to come up with a perfect solution here?
> Is
> there a perfect solution out there somewhere.  All the solutions I have
> seen
> are not "perfect".
> I would appreciate your candor and help.
> --
> Thanks!
> Gary S

0
Mark
3/31/2010 12:20:28 PM
high quality Soccer jerseys NBA Jersey tracksuit and jackets, GHD
hairstraightener supplier from www.willpa.com

Are you a Retail businessman who bother by the purchase price?  China
Cheapest TOP wholesale website can help you

we are specialize in replica sport goods manufacturing in china, we can
offer you all kinds of soccer jersey, NBA jersey,shoes and so on. they are
the best brand replica goods whih are look the same as the original goods.
excellent quality and steady supply for them. we have been marketed in Europe
and American for 3 year. all the goods we offer are AAA quality.  our soccer
jersey are Thailand style. If any goods you buy from my company have problem,
we will refund or resend them again. Most of ourProducts have no minimum
order requirements,soyou can shop retail goods at wholesale prices. if you
can buy more than 300usd. We offer free shipping. The more you buy the more
discount for you.

National soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
Club soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
NBA Jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
T-shirt and shirt: http://www.willpa.com
Tracksuit: http://www.willpa.com
Hoody & Jackets: http://www.willpa.com
UGG boots: http://www.willpa.com
Hair style: http://www.willpa.com
shopping Index: http://www.willpa.com

EMS shipping.  7days arrive, paypal accept

want more information pls contact us or check our website: www.willpa.com

How do I block messages from one particular e-mail adress?
I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to block those messages? yes. right click an email from them, Junk mail, add to junk senders list -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9517F371-5BC9-46D6-8979-9FB489585258@microsoft.com... >I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it...

office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance ot T&C's each time
office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i open work or excell or any office program. How do I get rid of this? Boot into Safe mode in Windows 7,open any Office app and then accept the terms -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "mouser830" <mouser830@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7B7602D-F5D8-4559-98EF-A2CCC1E2D6FD@microsoft.com... > office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i op...

Vista Access 2003 & Ole
I have a DB I've been using, updating for several years. I use a = different BMP on every record. Today I started to update it again. Last = update a few weeks ago on my XP. Today I went with 'insert object' 'create from file'. with XP I couldn't = use JPG's so I made bmp's. Today even a bmp is just an icon. How do I get the create from file to work again ? --=20 more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html ...

I want to send to junk
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C8141A.629164A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am a member of a club with several thousand members. I want to be able to automatically junk all incoming mail that does = *not* contain one of many key words. =20 When a member sends an email they will be required to insert their = chapter name in the subject line. Our spam filter does not eliminate = all junk mail. =20 ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C8141A.629164A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset=...

Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version?
I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I cannot find it. Where can I get one? There isn't one. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/422.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "masai" <masai_chadi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:op.tm81u5pvdvcnul@dikutoto.gv.shawcable.net... >I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I >ca...

Office 2007 trial is very slow. Is this because it's a trial
I just started using the trial version of Office 2007. It takes forever for it to open on my computer but Office 2003 opens just fine. Is this just because it's a trial or is it naturally slow because of the additional features? It's likely due to the expanded feature set and increased hardware requirement over Office 2003. rtappan wrote: > I just started using the trial version of Office 2007. It takes forever for > it to open on my computer but Office 2003 opens just fine. Is this just > because it's a trial or is it naturally slow because of the ad...

Can't edit print styles in Outlook 2007

unable to access mail after re-enable account
Hi, After enable an disable account and change its password, it can login to its mail account. What's happening. Is it normal? Thanks a lot What is the error message when user tries to access mailbox? Does the user still show in ADUC has having Exchange attributes? Have you looked at the MB using ESM to see if it is disconnected? "Raymond" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:136c01c46f11$d16f8390$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After enable an disable account and change its password, > it can login to its mail account. What's hap...

Keyboard hooking through Accessibility
I am looking for a method to hook the keyboard without running a background process. I know there are APIs for hooking (SetWindowsHookEx), but I want to avoid the overhead of running another background process for this and make the task do by windows itself. I am thinking of tweaking the Accessibility option in windows for this. Can we anyway do this by writing any script or modifying or adding registry entries for Accessibility? Or is there any Accessibility specific APIs which can re-program the Accessibility feature to do our tasks when we press a key with Accessibility feature-on. An...

Out-of-office twin replies

Office 2007 SP2
Has anyone else lost the little check box which is usually found next to each task in the task list in Outlook today? I'm assuming it's a bug? C. "Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell" <seegod1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:ejYOAzcyJHA.4632@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Has anyone else lost the little check box which is usually found next to > each task in the task list in Outlook today? I'm assuming it's a bug? > Nope - still there... -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level...

08 Mac Office activation problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Just found an article posted by michellec and I am faced with exactly the same problem - on 'activation' of the product, none of the 3 product keys seem to be correct, hence activation is unsuccessful!! Have received some help emails (and thanks Diana yours had the microsoft help number that has been good, despite the fact they can't help me and tell me I must get in touch with Digital River) but seems that what I need is another product key, and now that I'm asking for that since about 10 days, I don't get any reply ...

Office 2010 Buying Question Assistance Needed
I've been looking through the MS Office 2010 web site to try to determine what my new small company would require, but I can't find the information I need. We for sure would need Office Pro Plus, but other than that I'm not sure. We want to run it on our own server. We will initially have 3-5 people using it and perhaps more later on. Would we need to purchase site licensing? Unfortunately, our programmers are MS haters (I'm not) and I can't get any assistance from them on this, but I have power of the pen. I would appreciate any assistance I can get. Th...

Send from Word
When I hit the send button in Word or Excell I get a pop up that say choose profile with Outlook in the drop down. That is the only name in the drop down. If I hit OK I get the following Message. The MAPI Spooler could not be started. Close and then restartall mail-enabled applications.MAPI 103 (0000004C7) If I choose to set up a new profile I get a Microsoft Exchange Setup Wizard. As I try to setup a new profile I come to the following, The following unrecoverable error has occured: The .DLL file for this service is either damaged or could not be found. Any ideas? Doug, What versi...

Running an Excel Macro from an Access Command Button
Hi , Can anyone help me with this, I am trying to run an excel macro from an access command button. I want the macro to Bold the Headings on a excel spreadsheet. The code runs without any errors but the macro doesnt seem to work, I think I have got the line ExcelApp.ExecuteExcel4Macro "RUN(""PERSONAL.XLS!BoldHead"")" wrong The code: Private Sub cmdRunMac_Click() Dim ExcelApp As Excel.Application Dim ExcelBook As Excel.Workbook Set ExcelApp = Excel.Application ExcelApp.Visible = True Set ExcelBook = ExcelApp.Workbooks.Open("C:\Documents and Settings\...

Embedding worksheet into Word
Has anyone had the experience where when they embed a worksheet into Microsoft Word, a portion of the worksheet gets cut off? Is there an easy fix to this? ...

Unable to repy using word editor
When repyling to an e-mail I receive the following message, "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy, or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead". I found article 284900, that states you may get this message when you have office 2000 and office xp installed on the same computer. This is not the case on my computer, Office 2000 does not exist, only office xp. Can anyone help me? There appear to be a whole host of causes for this error message. Most have no solution. Here are a few that do: http://support.microsoft...

Only one line in Money invoice
I have been using Money 2007 Home & Business to create and print invoices. This program has run with no problems for some time. However, just recently, it will only allow one item to print on the invoice. I can enter more than one item, and the invoice entry will show the additional items, but when printed only one item will show up. I have tried backing up my Money file to a spare disk, deleting the program and the associated mny and mbf files from the computer, reinstalling the program and reloading the backup. The same fault immediately occurs. Strangely, I have now installed the sam...